PDA

View Full Version : Lake Shasta House boat trip next August

DILLIGAF
09-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Anybody interested in going to Lake Shasta and getting some houseboats for a week? SinCal and I are going to probably get this thing pegged down for the first week in August. Anybody interested in doing this?

acatitude
09-13-2006, 09:48 PM
we up here have the cat attack usually late june at shasta..... not sure dates yet but you might think about coinsiding your trip around that weekend if possible..... lots of socal peeps came this year and should have more next year.... always a fun weekend .. pokerruns west has some pics from last catattack...... shasta is an awesome lake

DILLIGAF
09-13-2006, 09:56 PM
we up here have the cat attack usually late june at shasta..... not sure dates yet but you might think about coinsiding your trip around that weekend if possible..... lots of socal peeps came this year and should have more next year.... always a fun weekend .. pokerruns west has some pics from last catattack...... shasta is an awesome lake
For some of that will be doing this it will be kind of our "F STURGIS" run. Sturgis usually starts around that time. When we came back from Canada that was the first time I had seen Shasta and SinCal and I decided right there and then we have to come up and check the lake out.

Edmond
09-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Tom-
We have been wanting to do that for the last couple of years. We would be interested but it would depend on the exact dates... Let me know

DILLIGAF
09-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Instead of a houseboat it was suggested to me to check this out http://www.shastacabins.com/index.html
If people brought their boats out this could be ideal.........

Boatmaster
09-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Our new Houseboat will be floating in a few weeks. I will be there all next summer. Make sure you post next year before your trip, and I will show you the ropes.

Hustler
09-14-2006, 11:02 AM
I was just talking to Jason about doing a house boat trip to Shasta. If you get any info on House boats let me know. The dates would probably work for us also.

XtrmWakeborder
09-14-2006, 05:26 PM
I went this past july in the middle of the week and it was perfect!!!! I would have been going again, but i start my internship at the cpa firm July 9th. Great idea getting a bunch of boats together. That would be awsome.

out of bounds
09-14-2006, 06:06 PM
there is going to be a gagel of people from my crew that will be there around that time possable around the 16 that is my 40th.Ouch that the first time i wrote it out sh*t. so maybe we can work on it to be there at the same time and do it huge. no better place to turn 40. well I wish sundance was still around . lets hook it up.

Sherpa
09-17-2006, 07:35 AM
just my .02 cents for your trip.......
I'd rather go in early-mid june........ here's a few reason's why:
the lake is generally full to the top.......
since it's full, you get to look at more trees, instead of red-dirt bank.
the red-dirt bank becomes red-dirt stained water, and it's a bitch to clean
up anything it gets on.
You can usually get off-season rates in early-mid june..........
alot of houseboat rentals are only available for 1-full rental in middle of
summer.......... If that's a no biggie, then go for it. we usually just do
the mid-week 5-nite, 4 day rental.... that's usually plenty for us, and it's
about all we can afford anyway............
--Sherpa