PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else here like Corona's?

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Just curious.
I remember when I was a young buck, (probably before legal drinking age) I never liked Corona's.
I love getting microbrews when I go to the store with Christie though.
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Hard to bring them to the river because peeps freak about the glass bottles.
Those suckers are indestructable though. WSUWRHR tested safe.
Brian

Boy Named Sue
09-13-2006, 11:56 PM
They don't seem to taste the same now. Lost a little of the skunk. I buy them by the case cuz my girlfriend likes em but I seem to drink them all anyway.

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 11:58 PM
They don't seem to taste the same now. Lost a little of the skunk. I buy them by the case cuz my girlfriend likes em but I seem to drink them all anyway.
You think so?
Hold on, let me investigate that.
Brian

Kilrtoy
09-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Corona is Mexicos version of BUDWEISER, :boxed:

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Corona is Mexicos version of BUDWEISER, :boxed:
Much better than Budweiser, come on now.
Brian

Kilrtoy
09-14-2006, 12:30 AM
Much better than Budweiser, come on now.
Brian
That i will agree, but in mexico it is the piss beer

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 12:32 AM
That i will agree, but in mexico it is the piss beer
Tastes the same to me as Pacifico sir,
Brian

Trailer Park Casanova
09-14-2006, 02:40 AM
It was the Meisterbrau/Keystone of Mexico, and most parts of Mexico still is.
Very cheap when it first arrived to the US, and for some years after.
The Brewery was built by Becks of Germany, hence the Mexican Polka/Umm-Pahh music in the local town and regions of Modello Cantinas.
When it got popular, instead of expanding the brewery, they went to a automated brewing process to speed up the production so it lost the funeral home smell and resulting bite.
The local day laborerers all drank it until the price rise, so they mostly drink Heiniken and Bud now.
Cold draft Corona or Michelob at the Bluewater is our favorite brew.

bruddah
09-14-2006, 05:11 AM
since i dislike budweiser i would have to say that tecate is like the budweiser of beers down there, but my fav.'s are pacifico, victoria, and modelo negro!

Jyruiz
09-14-2006, 07:03 AM
As long as it has a lime in it, then I will drink it. Guess I have gotten use to CL's from drinking them when at (not while boating) the river. Tecate is just nasty to me, no wonder they have to put lemom and salt on them, something it's got to mask that horrible flavor.

Tequila-John
09-14-2006, 07:11 AM
I love with a nice slice of LIME

Sleek-Jet
09-14-2006, 07:12 AM
Modelo Especial, Tecate in bottles, or Dos Equis Lager...
You can keep the Corona, thank you very much.

Eliminator 4 Life
09-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Pacifico is the BOMB :)

DCBDaytona
09-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Dos Equis Amber....YUMMY

jbtrailerjim
09-14-2006, 07:39 AM
The wife loves Corona's. I like them too, just not as much as she does. It's about the only beer we drink at the river. When at home, I drink a lot of microbrews and Newcastle.

It's Only Money
09-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Pacifico is much better. Corona always has been piss. We used to buy it in San Felipe in the early 80's for $4 a case. Cheapest piss water beer to be had.

KREGER
09-14-2006, 08:12 AM
They are good but if you have not tried a Negro Modelo with a lime and a a plate of Mexican food infront of you, you gota try it!! :)

a catered life
09-14-2006, 08:14 AM
they kinda taste like your drinking out of a old shoe..over the years they have gotten real weak and a little bitter...when i feel like some thing south of the border i generally drink modelo negro :p

NOTALENT
09-14-2006, 08:19 AM
I love them. Especially since I havent been drinking much at all. I get a huge craving for them with some salt and a lime...mmmm mmmm good!
Fat Tire and Hefeweizen are my other favs... :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
09-14-2006, 08:20 AM
OK, WTF is with putting lime in good beer?? Corona I can understand because it's skunky.
I hate it when I order a Modelo or Dos Equis at a bar, and it comes with a f*cking lime sticking out of the bottle. The lime is to cover up the skunk... neither of those beers are skunky. I'll throw the lime on the table and the waitress will ask what wrong. "Just trying not to screw up a good beer", I reply. :D :D :D

SHOTKALLIN
09-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Loving Corona and not having experienced the quality that other Mexican beers offer is like being in love with tap water. I will drink it from the hose while mowing the lawn and like it, but that doesn't mean its good.
just my .02
Viva Modelo Especial!!!

SHOTKALLIN
09-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Pacifico is much better. Corona always has been piss. We used to buy it in San Felipe in the early 80's for $4 a case. Cheapest piss water beer to be had.
Pacifico is ten times better than Corona. I miss the Rockadile.

Biglue
09-14-2006, 08:43 AM
since i dislike budweiser i would have to say that tecate is like the budweiser of beers down there, but my fav.'s are pacifico, victoria, and modelo negro!
It all depends in what region of Mexico you're in. In Baja it's Tecate and Modelo. Further south I've seen where Tecate is piss water and like the coronas better.

Mr. V-Driver
09-14-2006, 08:47 AM
XX Dos Equis in the Green bottle or brown bottle. Brewed by German brewmasters and taught how to, to the people living in Mexico today!
Gooooood Stuff!!!!

AzMandella
09-14-2006, 08:55 AM
Carona is just piss water. :yuk: Dos Equis XX is my favorite Mexican beer.My father had dinner with a buisinessman from Mexico in Seattle when he was at an auction.He sked the man if he would like a Corona and the man laughed and said than nobody in Mexico drinks Corona they just ship it to the U.S.My sister in-law in New Jersey loves them.East coasters think thats the only mexican beer there is. :rolleyes:

DCBDaytona
09-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Carona is just piss water. :yuk: Dos Equis XX is my favorite Mexican beer.My father had dinner with a buisinessman from Mexico in Seattle when he was at an auction.He sked the man if he would like a Corona and the man laughed and said than nobody in Mexico drinks Corona they just ship it to the U.S.My sister in-law in New Jersey loves them.East coasters think thats the only mexican beer there is. :rolleyes:
Actually in parts of Mexico Corona is well known and drank. For instance, Guadalajara...Corona is most present/popular. But if you go to Cancun, etc, Dos Equis is most popular

Cole Trickle
09-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Coronas are good
Pacifico is better
XXX is bad
Tecate is worse :yuk: