PDA

View Full Version : Could this guy be right, about the future price of gas?

Jyruiz
09-14-2006, 08:40 AM
Read about it Here (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003257679_oilconsumers14.html)

IMPATIENT 1
09-14-2006, 08:43 AM
sure be nice to see it that low again.

HocusPocus
09-14-2006, 08:45 AM
that would be great but like always, i will believe it when i see it. :rollside:

460 jus getn it
09-14-2006, 08:47 AM
2.39 here in tempe this am. Its dropping about 4 cents per day.................

Jyruiz
09-14-2006, 08:48 AM
2.39 here in tempe this am. Its dropping about 4 cents per day.................
It's not dropping that fast here, f****ng CA.

HocusPocus
09-14-2006, 08:52 AM
i paid $2.57 in havi last weekend but here where im at now its $2.91.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-14-2006, 08:54 AM
I'd HAPPILY pay ~$1.50 a gallon which would still be over $1 cheaper than what it is currently at. That being said, as the price continues to fall and the inventories continue to rise you can bet your ass that OPEC will decrease production to maintain the price as high as possible for them.....

460 jus getn it
09-14-2006, 08:55 AM
Dude, i been talking with the owner. One of those mom and pop gas stations. He said he is shooting for 1.99 by mid OCT...............................................

DRMCAT
09-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Lets hope so.

Jyruiz
09-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Dude, i been talking with the owner. One of those mom and pop gas stations. He said he is shooting for 1.99 by mid OCT...............................................
Thats cool for you guys in AZ. Here in CA, it probably means $2.40. :mad:

Jesster
09-14-2006, 08:59 AM
i paid $2.57 in havi last weekend but here where im at now its $2.91.
I paid 2.69 last night at Sam's here in Corona. 2.65 at Terribles last weekend in Havasu.

AirtimeLavey
09-14-2006, 09:01 AM
I paid 2.69 last night at Sam's here in Corona. 2.65 at Terribles last weekend in Havasu.
Yep, it's dropping fast in CA, too. Under 2.80 yesterday. :D

RitcheyRch
09-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Can only hope some truth to it.

Hustler
09-14-2006, 09:10 AM
as the price continues to fall and the inventories continue to rise you can bet your ass that OPEC will decrease production to maintain the price as high as possible for them.....
I think you can bank on that. OPEC will not let there profits drop that much :rolleyes: :yuk:

boater72
09-14-2006, 09:19 AM
I think you can bank on that. OPEC will not let there profits drop that much :rolleyes: :yuk:
OPEC said they would like the barrel of oil at about $60. I just paid 2.79 to fill the Diesel up for the trip to Redding for the NHRA jr dragster E.T finals.

axkiker
09-14-2006, 09:40 AM
sounds great in theory. However very doubtful. Someone loses alot of $ if the price goes way down. Its kinda like insurance. They have us by the balls and really dont mind squeezing the piss out of us. They might let up every now and then for a break but i bet not for long. Maybe under $2 during the winter provided its warm. As soon as summer returns. Away it goes.
Might be a good idea to get into one of thoes deals where they allow you to purchase so much fuel at the current cost and store it for you. then later when the price goes back up you have so much stockpiled at the old lower price.
Im not sure who was doing that way back when but if gas goes under $2 im gonna look into it further.

Hardly Satisfied
09-14-2006, 09:49 AM
that would be great but like always, i will believe it when i see it. :rollside:
I 2nd that

Sleek-Jet
09-14-2006, 09:52 AM
I say gas prices will bottom out around low-mid $2 range sometime around the end of the year... then start back up and be back over $3/gal by the first of April next year...
Why do I know this??? I take a big trip the second weekend in April with the motorhome... the gas companies know this, and adjust the price according to my travel schedule... :mad:

AirtimeLavey
09-14-2006, 09:54 AM
The GAS BUBBLE is bursting!!! :crossx:

lewiville
09-14-2006, 10:03 AM
There was a report out yesturday that said gas prices will be droping sharply now that election season is coming up and the oil shit-head is getting out of office. All you have to do is look at the facts. Add them up, and its obvious on whats going to happen. I think that this is going to be the next Enron. Once people figure out that he fuc$D us is the A@@. Bush will be prosicuted for payinig back his oil companies that he BK'ed, oh and dont forget about DAD.
my .02

Goad
09-14-2006, 10:05 AM
falling gas prices? falling housing costs? whats this world coming to!?
i hope both are true or give me a raise so i can afford to work.

SummitKarl
09-14-2006, 10:07 AM
I wonder what will happen when the Shale-oil in Canada and the new Gulf find come on line in a few years, I read some where that the two combined are more than the entire OPEC reserves, also the same article said we have only found APROX 18% or the worlds total supply.
in a way it kind of sucks.....as what was thought just a couple of years ago that we were only about 20yrs away from running out of oil, and this fear/deadline was feeding the research on new alternatives to power our cars/boats etc.
as much I love gas powered goodies, I know we need to migrate to different alternatives

Hardly Satisfied
09-14-2006, 10:08 AM
only time will tell. all we can is hope for it

Jyruiz
09-14-2006, 10:11 AM
I wonder what will happen when the Shale-oil in Canada and the new Gulf find come on line in a few years, I read some where that the two combined are more than the entire OPEC reserves, also the same article said we have only found APROX 18% or the worlds total supply.
in a way it's kind of sucks.....as what was thought just a couple of years ago that we were only about 20yrs away from running out of oil, and this fear/deadline was feeding the research on new alternatives to power our cars/boats etc.
as much I love gas powered goodies, I know we need to migrate to different alternatives
Maybe that is why they raised it so much, they knew more was coming and that would bring the price down, so screw everybody while you can.

SummitKarl
09-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Maybe that is why they raised it so much, they knew more was coming and that would bring the price down, so screw everybody while you can.
yep, that and I think there is some truth to what Lewiville had to say, for those of us that are old enough to have been in our 20's or so when Daddy Bush took office......THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED only it jumped from $0.90 to $1.35...