PDA

View Full Version : No running on the playground???

MrsJetDriver
09-14-2006, 09:41 AM
I was at my sons school this morning (he is 6) and one of the other mothers asks how he is enjoying 1st grade so far (this is his second week). He says "I like it but the one thing I don't like is Recess". The mother and I look at each other confused. We're both thinking, what kid doesn't like recess. Well it turns out they don't let the kids run on the playground! Now keep in mind this is a huge playground. What are things coming too? I understand no running to and from class and things of that nature. But at recess no running? We always played and ran on the playground when I was a kid, and guess what I survived it!!!! Sorry about the rant, it just seems like they are taking everything that we as kids enjoyed away.
Venting done.... :(

HocusPocus
09-14-2006, 09:45 AM
i don't like it either, i have 4 kids going to 3 schools. if they allow them to run and one gets hurt.. its a lawsuit in the making. everyone is sue happy and most businesses and schools are all paranoid about it.

racincraft440
09-14-2006, 09:48 AM
i don't like it either, i have 4 kids going to 3 schools. if they allow them to run and one gets hurt.. its a lawsuit in the making. everyone is sue happy and most businesses and schools are all paranoid about it.
Zactly!!
My kids run and play on the playground still today. Thankfully. But it's the "victims" in todays society that ruin it for the masses.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Youve got to be kiddin me!!! That is so GAY!! How are you going to not let children run on tha F**KING playground:mad: I remember getting bloody noses,scapes,etc when I was young. Its part of life. What is the world comming to:confused: No wonder why so many kids are shooting up schools these days. They have to get action some how:rolleyes:

roostwear
09-14-2006, 09:54 AM
It's a shame, but the question is: when you called the school to find out WHY there is no running, what did they say? Venting is normal, but won't affect a change.... only action will. I guess we have identified one reason why there's a problem with juvenile obesity.
Get involved.... make a difference. Not only is it a positive role model for your child, they can't give you detention for talking back! :D

Singleton
09-14-2006, 10:19 AM
step sons both have the same rule at school, it sucks in my mind. All parents agree (me, mom, and their dad) that if they break this rule we will not yell at them. Stupid rules these days bc of sue happy parents.
I was so confused I called a buddy that works for the district to find out reason => answer - "A parent sued the district last year and won bc her daughter broke an arm at rec. playing soccer. " My buddy told me district can't afford to pay so now the parents are coming after assets of the district (land). I really want to find out who these parents are and tell them to go to hell. Not only are they takign teh fun away, but now a new school that needs to be built is goign bye bye so the district can pay them off, that is bullshit in my mind.
Just my .02, but these things really piss me off.
Sue happy people, need to move out of here.

AngryJosh
09-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Thats why kis are getting fatter and develope diabetes so early in life...things like this contribute :mad:

superdave013
09-14-2006, 10:26 AM
so I guess skateboarding is out of the question then? lol

eek-a-RAT
09-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Thats why kis are getting fatter and develope diabetes so early in life...things like this contribute :mad:
i agree.
no runnining, soccer mom stuffin thier kids with fast food while the kids play on the playstaion & pretend their excersising.

Jetdriver
09-14-2006, 10:42 AM
I think I may need to have a chat with the office tomorrow. Didnt know they arent letting the kids run around now. Sounds like bullshit. :mad:

GHT
09-14-2006, 11:09 AM
I was at my sons school this morning (he is 6) and one of the other mothers asks how he is enjoying 1st grade so far (this is his second week). He says "I like it but the one thing I don't like is Recess". The mother and I look at each other confused. We're both thinking, what kid doesn't like recess. Well it turns out they don't let the kids run on the playground! Now keep in mind this is a huge playground. What are things coming too? I understand no running to and from class and things of that nature. But at recess no running? We always played and ran on the playground when I was a kid, and guess what I survived it!!!! Sorry about the rant, it just seems like they are taking everything that we as kids enjoyed away.
Gotta love California... :rolleyes: Although a LOT of the F'ing Bullsh1t is spilling over into NV.... What a bunch of bull... Here is a question...
If a kid is running down a city sidewalk and trips can you sue the city? I mean, the schools are govenment run and funded. So, maybe there should be "no running" signs along public sidewalks. :yuk:

XTRM22
09-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Hmm, I remember having contests to see who could jump off the swings the farthest, and I remember getting paddled for pitching pennies (no gambling) during recess. Times have changed not only am I glad we don't have kids to worry about, I'm glad I'm not a kid since they're not allowed to act like em any more.
Chuck

chub
09-14-2006, 11:30 AM
so I guess skateboarding is out of the question then? lol
Skateboarding is not a crime. :crossx:

GHT
09-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Maybe they should implement this rule for all the High Schools and Middle Schools.. This way Kilrtoy can actually catch the bad guys... :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
09-14-2006, 11:36 AM
geesh....talk about taking the fun outta being a kid.
Are you sure they were not referring to the Black Top???

superdave013
09-14-2006, 11:42 AM
I had that sticker on my trucks for many many years.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2006, 11:53 AM
well I have to say I would be in the office kicking some ass. What are they going to tell the kids next. " I'm sorry no running. I don't care if the building is on fire."
I would get alot of the parents and get a petition going wake them the hell up. Isn't the school the ones complaining about childhood abesity. Well they should be one of the first to try and stop it.
Next thing you know they are saying anyone playing soccer, basketball, softball, football, tennis and so on can play but you can't run.
F U C K That shit.

HCS
09-14-2006, 11:56 AM
well I have to say I would be in the office kicking some ass. What are they going to tell the kids next. " I'm sorry no running. I don't care if the building is on fire."
I would get alot of the parents and get a petition going wake them the hell up. Isn't the school the ones complaining about childhood abesity. Well they should be one of the first to try and stop it.
Next thing you know they are saying anyone playing soccer, basketball, softball, football, tennis and so on can play but you can't run.
F U C K That shit.
Little pissed off huh? :D
You know what I think is just as bad is that alot of schools are doing away with recess all together.
The kids can run on the playground at my boys school.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2006, 12:00 PM
You know what I think is just as bad is that alot of schools are doing away with recess all together.
LMAO!! Yes it hit a nerve.

Sleek-Jet
09-14-2006, 12:03 PM
That's because society doesn't really want kids anymore, it wants little adults... that sit at their desks all day and work, not play and be a kid... childhood ends quicker and sooner these days, it's kind of depressing...

Tom Brown
09-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Once they get hit with a class action suit for giving people diabetes, they'll force the kids to run at gunpoint.
I hate to be the one to have to tell you people this but your brain trust is being schooled by a bunch of mindless reactionarys.

Kilrtoy
what school is this

Tom Brown
It oughta be. :D

Tom Brown
09-14-2006, 12:09 PM
what school is this
Cops: "The flasher is getting away. Damn this no running on the playground rule! :mad: "

topless
09-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Hmmm my son broke his arm last year at school during P E when some kid tripped him. Think I should sue the district? :rolleyes:

HocusPocus
09-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Gotta love California... :rolleyes: Although a LOT of the F'ing Bullsh1t is spilling over into NV.... What a bunch of bull... Here is a question...
If a kid is running down a city sidewalk and trips can you sue the city? I mean, the schools are govenment run and funded. So, maybe there should be "no running" signs along public sidewalks. :yuk:
actually you can sue the city if you trip and fall on a sidewalk.. i remember reading some years ago aboug how many lawsuits are filed in NY city each year as a result of someone tripping on a sidewalk.

Tom Brown
09-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Hmmm my son broke his arm last year at school during P E when some kid tripped him. Think I should sue the district? :rolleyes:
Someone should sue their school district for failure to post a sign that says, "no beating the shit out of other children and then stealing their lunch money."
Or how about this for negligence to post a sign........ "No gang banging."

Goad
09-14-2006, 12:49 PM
i just saw this on CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/09/13/child.obesity.ap/index.html

Ziggy
09-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Sleek made a great point......they don't want to let the kids be kids anymore. Sit quietly and STFU(to borrow a HolyMoly line).
Then the News at 11:00 has a special segment on our US children being overweight and obese..... :rolleyes:
I hope I make it thru my lifetime with happiness but I do feel badly about the future generations and what the world may become for them.

Jetdriver
09-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Whats wild is, if the kids cant run around and use up some of that energy on the playground you know that they will be more restless in class. Then they will tell us the kid has ADD or something. Trust me, I will be in the office tomorrow talking with the Hitler that runs the place.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2006, 01:14 PM
Whats wild is, if the kids cant run around and use up some of that energy on the playground you know that they will be more restless in class. Then they will tell us the kid has ADD or something. Trust me, I will be in the office tomorrow talking with the Hitler that runs the place.
you get them. also I would print this out and shove it in her kazoo. :)

Jetdriver
09-14-2006, 01:17 PM
you get them. also I would print this out and shove it in her kazoo. :)
If you saw her Kazoo you wouldnt want anywhere near it! :)

MudPumper
09-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Yes, you can sue the city for falling and injuring yourself on "City Property," happens all the time. Anytime we get called to a person injured call, we have to determine what the circ's are and if it happened on city or private property. If its on City Prop, like if somebody falls on the sidewalk, we have to write a report documenting the condition of the sidewalk. Were there raised cracks, debris, etc.... It's bullshit but it happens. If I'm walking down the sidewalk and trip, even if it's because of a faulty sidewalk, it's my own damn fault for not being more careful.
As far as the Kid on the playground thing goes. My wife teaches at an elementary school, no running and if the temp is over 95* the kids are not allowed to play on the black top, they call it grass only recess. If it's over 100* they have to stay inside in the AC, no outdoor recess at all. We're breeding a bunch pussies with all these stupid rules.
A couple of years ago, the school planted some new grass and had yellow caution tape around it to keep the kids off. Well, one kid wasn't paying attention and was running and clotheslined himself on the caution tape. His mom sued the district saying they should have done more to ensure his safety. WTF???? Focking kid should have watched where he was going. My wife was involved in the case and had to give a deposition on it. This country is going to shit real quick. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Jetdriver
09-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Mike,
I couldnt agree more. This is an age where Homosexuality is ok. Where sueing everyone is the norm. What the hell is going on here??? What happened to people taking responsibilty for themselves. I see a real problem here. Where is the real america gone?

AltarGirl
09-14-2006, 03:07 PM
I remember like 2 wks ago when I was in 1st grade, we had "the running yard" & the "not running yard"
The running yard was waaaayy cooler :rollside:

460 jus getn it
09-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Sue, thats all this world has come too. Kids are kids, if they fall down get back up dust yourself off and keep on playing. Recess is a way for the kids to get there energy out..But no, there has to be that one parent that focks it up. Its crazy to see how things are done these days, back in the day this SHIT(you can say that here you know)never happened.....Lame i tell yea, lame.

Jetdriver
09-14-2006, 03:25 PM
I remember like 2 wks ago when I was in 1st grade, we had "the running yard" & the "not running yard"
The running yard was waaaayy cooler :rollside:
I knew Jerry robbed the cradle but damn!!!!!!!!!! :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2006, 03:31 PM
If you saw her Kazoo you wouldnt want anywhere near it! :)
LOL!! Maybe that's why she said no running cause she wont be able to catch them. :crossx:

Waldo
09-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Damn Teachers!!!

FMluvswater
09-14-2006, 05:57 PM
:eek: That's ludicrous and ridiculous and a whole slew of other shocked and flabbergasted words. :supp: :confused: WTF else is recess for? :argue:
I think it's great being a squeaky wheel over this issue but if it isn't gonna cost them $$$ to not oil the squeak, I think it'll end being a case of whistling into the wind. :( Poor friggen kids that gotta abide by that nonsense rule just cuz of some money hungry biatch whose kid had a simple (albeit painful), common, non-life threatening, childhood ACCIDENT. :mad: