PDA

View Full Version : Death In Havasu Desert Today

RiverRatMike
01-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Don't know much details at the moment but around 12pm this afternoon listening to my police scanner a bad off-road accident somewhere around Standard Wash and Mojove Wash. All I know that some kid in a truck going to fast on a dirt road crashed, rolled and was killed. Anyone else hear anything about this?

Boatcop
01-15-2006, 08:59 PM
I was home listening to the scanner (on call today) had Buckskin Fire Dept. rolling that way.
Apparently it was pretty far out, USFWS and BLM Officers were accessing it through Planet Ranch to Mohave Wash.
We had people responding, until we found out how far out in the desert it was, and that it 4WD access only. That, and the fact that several other units were closer, including Mohave Ranger (Helo)

RiverRatMike
01-15-2006, 09:12 PM
I was home listening to the scanner (on call today) had Buckskin Fire Dept. rolling that way.
Apparently it was pretty far out, USFWS and BLM Officers were accessing it through Planet Ranch to Mohave Wash.
We had people responding, until we found out how far out in the desert it was, and that it 4WD access only. That, and the fact that several other units were closer, including Mohave Ranger (Helo)
Alan,
Just where abouts was the accident? I know the desert out there by the back of my hand. I was thinking somewhere around the mineral wash road is where the accident was. Also was trying to figure out how all the emergency vehicles got out there? Like off what road?

RVRGIRL
01-16-2006, 01:28 AM
I work with a guy that lived with that kid who died. He came into work today all upset and had to go home. Please keep them in your prayers. So young.... so sad... :( :(

cola
01-16-2006, 06:23 AM
I work with a guy that lived with that kid who died. He came into work today all upset and had to go home. Please keep them in your prayers. So young.... so sad... :( :(
Do you know the kids name. :cry:

JetBoatRich
01-16-2006, 07:18 AM
Surprised he came in, very rough time for him

RiverRatMike
01-16-2006, 12:05 PM
bump

Boatcop
01-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Update from TSN News:
Costly Adventure
by Monette Wesolek, TSN
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ – A four wheel drive adventure cost one Lake Havasu man his life.
Twenty-one-year-old Adam West was last seen Sunday morning. Mohave County Sheriff’s spokesperson Sandy Edwards says the vehicle West had been driving was found over an embankment some 20 miles southeast of Lake Havasu City around 1:30 pm. The vehicle was discovered “anywhere between 150 and 250 feet down,” said Edwards. The young victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
This incident is still under investigation by the Mohave County Sheriff’s Department.
Condolences to friends and family.

OGShocker
01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Our hearts go out to his friends and family.
Thank you Alan!

phebus
01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Very sad.....

shadow
01-18-2006, 09:10 PM
My wife works with the mother and she has (had) 3 kids.This was the middle son.very sad indeed. :( there is a service Fri eve.

JetBoatRich
01-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Our heart goes out to the family, very sad