PDA

View Full Version : This guy is an idiot, and earned his bullet wounds

SoCalSouthpaw
09-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Short article on this class A-1 A$$HOLE. Wonder if he learned any lessons from this.
Chargers Foley phuckwad (http://kfmb.com/stories/story.63299.html)
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17699&stc=1

Wizard29
09-15-2006, 01:37 PM
So in reading the story, does this mean that the officer got involved in an incident while he was off-duty? Even if Foley is a shitbag, the off-duty part isn't a good thing...

SHOTKALLIN
09-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Rookie cop should have went home. Be a good witness. Call 911. Let CHP handle it.
I'm sure Foley is the Idiot in this caper, but it looks like the cop was trying too hard. I hope the superviser in charge of the investigation doesn't have season tickets. lol

disco_charger
09-15-2006, 01:55 PM
It's good that everybody knows all the facts based soley on news reports. :cool:

MudPumper
09-15-2006, 01:56 PM
So in reading the story, does this mean that the officer got involved in an incident while he was off-duty? Even if Foley is a shitbag, the off-duty part isn't a good thing...
The Off-Duty part has little to do with the incident. A cop is a cop 24hrs a day and it is that individual officers decision to even get involved in an off duty situation. Main reasons that should contribute to this decision are the severity of the crime being committed and the fact that, you are not easily recognized no black and white, no uniform, you probably are not wearing your vest, and you usually will not have a radio or back up.
Only the people involved and the people investigating know exactly what happened so don't jump to conclusions about who was right and who was wrong. :rollside:
But don't let me keep you from your game of playing Monday Morning Quarter Back. You guys are all AllStar players. :cool:

SoCalSouthpaw
09-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Every article I have read didnt mention much about him gettin shot from behind?... Did you see that on the news or sumpin? Im curious. The off-duty cop was driving home from his post. Says he tried several times to radio a uniform with no response. What else should he have done? Anyways, this is the first time I have heard of this guy Foley and since I have I have read where he was in trouble a number of times b4. My impression is the guy thinks he cant be touched. Hopefully the hot lead he received will put his attitude in check.....or....make it worse???

Wizard29
09-15-2006, 02:24 PM
The Off-Duty part has little to do with the incident. A cop is a cop 24hrs a day and it is that individual officers decision to even get involved in an off duty situation.
I disagree. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. For reasons you mentioned, it is almost always a bad idea to become involved in an off-duty incident. This situation with a drunk driver is no exception. Things can always go sideways - as we see here - and with no backup and other "tools" that an on-duty officer would have available, the situation can get nasty in a hurry.
Not to Monday morning QB and certainly not in defense of any dirtbag, but this officer probably should have let it go or followed at a distance until appropriate authorities responded. Instead, the circumstances of this incident will probably cost taxpayers quite a bit.
And to answer any question about my knowledge of law enforcement, I spent three years as a Deputy working jails and pushing a patrol car. Been there, done that.

YeLLowBoaT
09-15-2006, 02:36 PM
he was only shot in the leg??? sounds like some 1 needs to range time...Never fails to amaze me at how bad some cops are at aiming. I am not just talking about on the job. I have gone to the range with several of them, they suck. out of all the cops/retired cops I have ever gone to the range with there is only 2 that i would want as "back up", One was a scout sinper in the marines and the other was ranked in th top 100 in cal for idpa. Every one else I could out shoot left handed.
I mean 20+" 10 shot groups at 25 ft...all this in less then 30 seconds...thats just sad.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-15-2006, 02:47 PM
he was only shot in the leg??? sounds like some 1 needs to range time...Never fails to amaze me at how bad some cops are at aiming. I am not just talking about on the job. I have gone to the range with several of them, they suck. out of all the cops/retired cops I have ever gone to the range with there is only 2 that i would want as "back up", One was a scout sinper in the marines and the other was ranked in th top 100 in cal for idpa. Every one else I could out shoot left handed.
I mean 20+" 10 shot groups at 25 ft...all this in less then 30 seconds...thats just sad.
A lot of it is the 8-pound ("New York Trigger") and insanely heavy 12-pound ("New York Plus Trigger") trigger pulls put on police weapons these days to be "accidental-discharge-proof" in court. Hell, a 12-pounder damn near needs 2 fingers to heave back on.
The 4-pound pull on my 1911 may be "light", but is within the safe designs of the weapon, and has never fired on it's own without my input.
I'm no pro but I can hold a 6" pattern at 25 yards, even with that POS Barretta 92 the Govt makes me carry.

CBadDad
09-15-2006, 06:34 PM
The cop was on the job less than a year. His previous assignment was bieng working at Palomar Jr College.
Man, school cops get no repect at all. I bet that Foley is a believer now. :crossx:
Rookie cop should have went home.
Word.
Gonna cost his Dept Foley's $2M salary and then some. Idiot.
Foley ain't no saint, but getting shot by someone because they "think" he is driving drunk is a stretch. What if he was having a diabetic reaction? His actions could have been simular.
Hindsight is 20/20 and I'm sure both parties involved wish they would've done things differently.

Mandelon
09-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Off duty cop, in plain clothes, follows a drunk celebrity down the freeway, in a mazda at 2:00 am...waving his gun.
Ya think foley should've pulled over and laid on the ground?
I think the cop is waaaay out of line. A rookie dumbass. Call for backup and follow the guy home, fine. Shoot him three times.....come on. Coronado has lots of money, they're gonna need it.
They didn't need to shoot Paris, or Mel.......
How do you get to .223?? A quarter of the liquid in his veins is alcohol??? Is that what that reading means????

deltaAce
09-15-2006, 07:30 PM
I don't have a problem w/an off duty police officer intervening in a crime, nor would I mind a civilian, if they had the means to subdue a dangerous perpetrator while in the commission of of a violent crime. But neither is prepared for convincing a DUI suspect to cooperate with reality. Even a fully equipt, on duty officer, will call for a back up when dealing with the unpredictable behaviour of a DUI suspect. That rookie cop should have just gathered info, discription & plate # to pass on to police to apprehend suspect. His witness & testimony as a professional would have secured a conviction in court after the real uniformed police performed the arrest. He's in big trouble now, the suspect can claim he was running from one of his many "stalker's". P.S. .223 = 1/4 of 1%

Mandelon
09-15-2006, 07:34 PM
I don't have a problem w/an off duty police officer intervening in a crime, nor would I mind a civilian, if they had the means to subdue a dangerous perpetrator while in the commission of of a violent crime. But neither is prepared for convincing a DUI suspect to cooperate with reality. Even an on duty officer will call for a back up when dealing with the unpredictable behaviour of a DUI suspect. That rookie cop should have just gathered info, discription & plate # to pass on to police to apprehend suspect. His witness & testimony as a professional would have secured a conviction in court after the real uniformed police performed the arrest. He's in big trouble now, the suspect can claim he was running from one of his many "stalker's". P.S. .223 = 1/4 of 1%
I agree, but I think .25 is a quarter of 100%. .0223 is about 1/4 of 1%

Mandelon
09-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Ok, that makes sense.....I sure didn't seem plausible the way it looked. I usually stop at .20 myself.... :rolleyes:

racecar.hotshoe
09-15-2006, 07:55 PM
***boat has a magazine! :rolleyes:

deltaAce
09-15-2006, 08:00 PM
I agree, but I think .25 is a quarter of 100%. .0223 is about 1/4 of 1%
Then .08, the BAC limit, would be 8%, which means their blood has the alcohol content of beer :rollside:
I used to get pretty surly @ .18%

AzMandella
09-15-2006, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=Wizard29]
Not to Monday morning QB and certainly not in defense of any dirtbag, but this officer probably should have let it go or followed at a distance until appropriate authorities responded. Instead, the circumstances of this incident will probably cost taxpayers quite a bit.
Has anyone thought that mabey this idiot Foley was driving so eraticaly that the officer felt that he needed to be stoped before he killed someone.I know that if one of my loved ones was killed and knew that the off-duty officer had been following this guy but didn't stop him because the officer didn't want to get involved.Mabey the officer was right to stop him before he killed someone.

MudPumper
09-16-2006, 01:55 AM
I disagree. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. For reasons you mentioned, it is almost always a bad idea to become involved in an off-duty incident. This situation with a drunk driver is no exception. Things can always go sideways - as we see here - and with no backup and other "tools" that an on-duty officer would have available, the situation can get nasty in a hurry.
You disagree with what????
And to answer any question about my knowledge of law enforcement, I spent three years as a Deputy working jails and pushing a patrol car. Been there, done that.
3 years, what happened? If you don't mind my asking.

MudPumper
09-16-2006, 02:01 AM
Foley ain't no saint, but getting shot by someone because they "think" he is driving drunk is a stretch. What if he was having a diabetic reaction? His actions could have been simular.
Hindsight is 20/20 and I'm sure both parties involved wish they would've done things differently.
You're kidding right??? He didn't get shot because he thought he was DUI. He got shot because of whatever happened after he was stopped, which at this point, only the cop, the shitbag, and the investigators know.

Mandelon
09-16-2006, 06:29 AM
[QUOTE=Wizard29]
Has anyone thought that mabey this idiot Foley was driving so eraticaly that the officer felt that he needed to be stoped before he killed someone.I know that if one of my loved ones was killed and knew that the off-duty officer had been following this guy but didn't stop him because the officer didn't want to get involved.Mabey the officer was right to stop him before he killed someone.
Too bad the cop waited until foley got all the way home........ :rolleyes: You know, without killing anyone.....
But you are right, if Foley hit someone, the mob would be saying why didn't the officer do something before.....its a no-win situation. But to gun down the guy for being drunk......hmmm, seems a little harsh to me. :skull:
Hindsight is so................much..... clearer. :)

SHOTKALLIN
09-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Cop should have flipped a bitch and gone home and played Madden on his PS2. He is obviously that wanabe that made it to the big leagues. You know the type. They are the ones that take a police scanner with them 24-7. That is this guy.

Tequila-John
09-16-2006, 07:56 AM
I hope it all works out for all parties involved!

KLEPTOW
09-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Just wait, next it will be ok for Kinde garden cop to shoot those little focking J-walkers that don't give him no respect.
Flame suit on.

Wizard29
09-16-2006, 10:47 AM
You disagree with what????
3 years, what happened? If you don't mind my asking.
I disagree with the thought that the cop being off duty has little to do with the incident as well as the thought that a cop is a cop 24/7. It is imperative in that line of work to leave work at work and not bring it home. I've known and worked with guys who played the 24/7 game and they self-destructed. Their marriages, their work, and basically their entire lives were ruined because of it.
What happened in three years? Let's just say there was one call I responded to that eventually led my wife and I to evaluate what's important in life. Besides, I make more money, have a normal schedule, and generally live better in my current line of work.

MudPumper
09-17-2006, 12:41 AM
I agree with how important it is to not bring work home with you but my statement about a cop being a cop 24/7 had to do with just because he was off duty doesn't mean he doesn't have the authority to intervene like he did.
If he was on duty and in uniform would the outcome have been different? Maybe. Dirtbags fight us all the time and don't give a rats ass that we are in uniform. Who knows, I wasn't there and can't comment on what should have been done. In this case the officer felt it necessary to get involved, maybe he made a good decision maybe he made a bad decision. Time will tell.

CBadDad
09-17-2006, 06:43 AM
You're kidding right??? He didn't get shot because he thought he was DUI. He got shot because of whatever happened after he was stopped, which at this point, only the cop, the shitbag, and the investigators know.
He wasn't stopped!!! He was followed home by an idiot that was way outta line. He did his good deed and called it in and even followed him all the way to his house. Not much more he could've done. When HE let it escalate to the point where he had to shoot Foley, he focked up big time. He put himself in a bad situation and was fixin' to get his assed whipped so he shot a big ol' corn bread eatin' linbacker who was drunk and I wouldn't be surprised if he was also in a steroidal rage.
Look, like I said, I don't think that Foley is a saint by any stretch of the imagination. I also said that I am sure that both parties involved wished they would have done things differently. The only difference is that Foley will heal and sue the shit outta him (and his dept) and the rookie cop is ruined for life because he made some bad decisions that night.
If Foley would've been pulled over by a black & white cop car and was shot by a uniformed officer, I would be (along with everyone else) saying that he got what he deserved. That isn't the case here.