PDA

View Full Version : Tired of hearing about UPS

Eliminator 4 Life
09-16-2006, 06:04 AM
You know what if UPS screws everything up why do you guys keep using them. GO use somebody else and quit fawkin whinning. There are 3 other carriers see if you get better service. There is a reason why UPS is the largest :)

Tequila-John
09-16-2006, 06:05 AM
You know what if UPS screws everything up why do you guys keep using them. GO use somebody else and quit fawkin whinning. There are 3 other carriers see if you get better service. There is a reason why UPS is the largest :)
Well said bud

Not So Fast
09-16-2006, 06:28 AM
Likewise, I had a package from back east delivered by DHL that looked like it had been kicked all the way from Michigan (It was tools). When I called to complain they said thats the way we got it, just examine it and go from there what ever that meant :idea: Stuff happens I guess, never had a beat up package from UPS though. NSF

lawbreaker2
09-16-2006, 06:52 AM
I use to work at one of these places, I won't say the name, But I worked on the dock, and We had only so much time to load a trailer and unload, I was one that to TO MUCH care in my loading skill, (I'm was a O/O for 20 years) They say to just toss it in there, They would put 100Lbs boxes on top of stuff that could break, and I said well that could fall over, they would tell me that is find the driver will pick it up. :rolleyes: I did this for 2 weeks, and I would never send anything with them, UPS is ok by me.

ratso
09-16-2006, 06:57 AM
How many packages do they ship everyday that AREN'T Damaged??? Pretty good job if you ask me. :idea:
Some people are just natural born bitchers, whiners, and complainers... :yuk:

superdave013
09-16-2006, 07:24 AM
That's just what I did some time ago.
USPS saves money by giving a good rate and free boxes. I wouldn't say their service is any better or worse, just more cost effective.

superdave013
09-16-2006, 07:26 AM
How many packages do they ship everyday that AREN'T Damaged??? Pretty good job if you ask me. :idea:
Some people are just natural born bitchers, whiners, and complainers... :yuk:
I think they all do a good job. FedEx and DHL have always come through also. When you think about how many letters / packages the US Mail moves it's staggering. Props to all of them.

marty722
09-16-2006, 07:53 AM
And DHL is the worst, follow buy fed-x as a close second... Yes UPS is not perfect but they have come through for me.... Just my 02 cents

Tequila-John
09-16-2006, 07:56 AM
And DHL is the worst, follow buy fed-x as a close second... Yes UPS is not perfect but they have come through for me.... Just my 02 cents
Yes you are right DHL suckles bud!

Tom Brown
09-16-2006, 09:15 AM
How many packages do they ship everyday that AREN'T Damaged???
Gotta be hundreds. :idea:

Tom Brown
09-16-2006, 09:16 AM
I think they all do a good job. FedEx and DHL have always come through also. When you think about how many letters / packages the US Mail moves it's staggering. Props to all of them.
They all suck. I think every one of them, including the USPS, should go out of business. :mad:

BOBALOO
09-16-2006, 09:29 AM
I just received a package from Fed-Ex and it was in PERFECT condition from New Jersey. The package I received from Texas was shipped UPS and arrived........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................
PERFECT also. You win some you lose some.
I believe that if most damaged packages were PROPERLY insulated with foam or air bags that half of the bitching would stop. I have had my share of late overnight packages but I believe the shipper is mostly to blame.
OK, back to the bitching:D

rrrr
09-16-2006, 11:05 AM
HH, can we get a UPS Sucks forum going on Hot Boat? :crossx:

Tom Brown
09-16-2006, 11:08 AM
HH, can we get a UPS Sucks forum going on Hot Boat? :crossx:
I thought we already had one. :idea:

voodoomedman
09-16-2006, 11:41 AM
That's just what I did some time ago.
USPS saves money by giving a good rate and free boxes. I wouldn't say their service is any better or worse, just more cost effective.
For packages under 3 pounds. Anything about that and I've got them beat. Works for you with your smaller packages. Another one of those things I don't push on my customers. There is not competeing.

voodoomedman
09-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Easy there Rob. Your just fueling more fire.

centurion tunnel
09-16-2006, 12:13 PM
If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?

voodoomedman
09-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Haven't heard that one in a while!!!!
:) :) :rollside: :rollside:

Tom Brown
09-16-2006, 12:26 PM
I think they'd gall it Customer Bludgeoning Service.

superdave013
09-16-2006, 12:53 PM
For packages under 3 pounds. Anything about that and I've got them beat. Works for you with your smaller packages. Another one of those things I don't push on my customers. There is not competeing.
No way are you beating their flat rate program. 3 day service from LA to NY for 8.10 is not to shabby. And they give you the box to boot.

JustMVG
09-16-2006, 12:59 PM
No way are you beating their flat rate program. 3 day service from LA to NY for 8.10 is not to shabby. And they give you the box to boot.
You'd be surprised at how ALOT of that volume gets transported!! And By Who!!!

YeLLowBoaT
09-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Atleast UPS has trucks with INS... unlike DHL... they like to rearend you at stop lights with out INS...
My prob with ups is the drivers. I have had many probs with them, droping packages,walking across grass, not waiting for some 1 to come to the door for packages that need a sig... I know a few drivers from the hub near me, they all say the same thing most of the drives in "thier" hub need to be fired.
Then came the time when I signed for something that was not mine...( I was waiting for packages, that were supose to come that day. the boxs where the right size, shape and quanity ...) anyways I get all 10 of them in the door( duck decoys) and find out that the name and address on the packages is wrong. I had to talk to about 10 diff ppl b4 they sent a driver out to come pick them up. That really ticked me off. They said "you signed for them, there yours" "ok since thier mine I will throw them away, and let you deal with the shipper" that finally got them out.

Rexone
09-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Now that's a beauty co. spokeman right there. lol.
If I told my customers that I wouldn't have any. I guess that's the luxury of having millions of customers, it just don't matter if you piss some off.
:)

wsuwrhr
09-16-2006, 03:00 PM
DHL needs to invest in a computer to access mapquest.
It is quite obvious no DHL driver can use the real thing.
Threads like this make me thingk of the opening scenes of "Pet Detective"
Jim Carey is kicking the box down the hall, ALL THE WAY DOWN THE HALL. I was dying.
Actor, "Sounds broken"
Jim Carey, "Probably is, sign here"
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-16-2006, 03:02 PM
I think they'd gall it Customer Bludgeoning Service.
Remind me never to use them for anything but problem custumers.
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-16-2006, 03:03 PM
If I told my customers that I wouldn't have any. I guess that's the luxury of having millions of customers, it just don't matter if you piss some off.
Nice Rexie.

brad22
09-16-2006, 03:12 PM
As long as you insure the part who cares? I work at a place who sends 40-100 packages a day and we get maybe one part every three months that is damaged by UPS. UPS has always stood up and taken the hit for the full value of the part and the shipping cost. I think UPS has the best overall customer service and rates over the long run than any other carrier out there (as long as its in the US). ITS NOT YOUR FAULT SO MAKE UPS PAY FOR IT!

RitcheyRch
09-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Considering how many packages UPS handles on a daily basis I am surprised they dont have more issues.

Eliminator 4 Life
09-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Sorry Rexone I was upset and I probably didnt handle it well. Especailly me having a bad week at work with poor loads. Life goes on I just got tired of hearing about someone pissed off at UPS again...

Tom Brown
09-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Sorry Rexone I was upset and I probably didnt handle it well.
You know... I'm tired of you being upset. :idea:

Eliminator 4 Life
09-16-2006, 06:06 PM
You know... I'm tired of you being upset. :idea:
HAHA you couldnt name 5 times i was upset :p

Tom Brown
09-16-2006, 06:07 PM
I fatigue very easily.

Eliminator 4 Life
09-16-2006, 06:09 PM
I fatigue very easily.
Yes TB you do. Shouldnt you be drinking beer right now. Im on my way to dinner to start :)

Kilrtoy
09-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Sorry Rexone I was upset and I probably didnt handle it well. Especailly me having a bad week at work with poor loads. Life goes on I just got tired of hearing about someone pissed off at UPS again...
You should be used to it now with all the DELAMINATIONS AND ALL :boxed:

Tom Brown
09-16-2006, 06:11 PM
I was supposed to meet some people about 10 minutes ago but I'm tired of showing up on time.

h2oski2fast
09-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Then don't open the threads, simple as that.

voodoomedman
09-16-2006, 07:06 PM
All depends on what your looking for and your needs. If you need tracking, Insurance and everything else that is included with or service you will have to pay extra with USPS. If your business model fits it works well. I know it works well for you.
BTW the rates are that cheap because it is a government run business. The package side is being subsidized by postage stamps. Ever wonder why stamps go up every year? They are losing money on small package. They are buying market share. We cannot do that. Something about Antitrust laws.

YeLLowBoaT
09-16-2006, 07:31 PM
All depends on what your looking for and your needs. If you need tracking, Insurance and everything else that is included with or service you will have to pay extra with USPS. If your business model fits it works well. I know it works well for you.
BTW the rates are that cheap because it is a government run business. The package side is being subsidized by postage stamps. Ever wonder why stamps go up every year? They are losing money on small package. They are buying market share. We cannot do that. Something about Antitrust laws.
I always thought it was to pay for more ammo... :)

Eliminator 4 Life
09-16-2006, 08:39 PM
You should be used to it now with all the DELAMINATIONS AND ALL :boxed:
No remember my boat starts with E and yours starts with D now get your lil skirt on and your pon pons :) :p

Tom Brown
09-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Then don't open the threads, simple as that.
Yeah. There's a reason threads that call out UPS have bitching in them. :D :D :D

Rexone
09-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Sorry Rexone I was upset and I probably didnt handle it well. Especailly me having a bad week at work with poor loads.
It's ok. Try a little more roughage in your diet. Tom swears by it when his loads aren't going quite right.

shueman
09-16-2006, 11:54 PM
Our local service has been excellent... :p
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2892ups5-med.jpg

Krazy K
09-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Kinda like Wal-Mart, even though people bitch about their non-existent Customer Service, they still shop there. Even me, but I usually just go for the die-cast (NOT Hot Wheels...). For other things, I go to Target and Kmart, where they actually acknowledge your presence.