PDA

View Full Version : Scratch removal from wheels????

Jetdriver
09-17-2006, 12:47 PM
I noticed the other day that there were scratches all over the wheels on our tahoe. Well this morning I realized that the wheels on my toyhauler have the same scratches. One conclusion the new puppy has been stepping on the wheels and her nails have scratched the surface. So the question is... How can I get these fixed? I have tried to polish the wheel with some mothers but that had no effect. Then it dawns on me that these wheels have a clear coat of sorts. So what can i do?
Thanks
Shawn

RitcheyRch
09-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Get them chromed.

Jbb
09-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Wheels that are clearcoated.....try using some mild compound on a soft cloth ...followed by polish...wheels typically have very little clear on them ...so tread lightly....If that wont do it ,either you,or a body shop will need to re clear them....wash thoroughly,wax & grease remover ....wash again...dry...scuff well with a red scotch brite pad.....wash again...mask and shoot a couple coats of any automotive catalyzed clear......

Jetdriver
09-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Oh gee this is going to be so much fun. :D

hoolign
09-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Wheels that are clearcoated.....try using some mild compound on a soft cloth ...followed by polish...wheels typically have very little clear on them ...so tread lightly....If that wont do it ,either you,or a body shop will need to re clear them....wash thoroughly,wax & grease remover ....wash again...dry...scuff well with a red scotch brite pad.....wash again...mask and shoot a couple coats of any automotive catalyzed clear......
Look at JBB trying to sound all " I'm a bodyman" ..and shit

HammerDown
09-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Oh gee this is going to be so much fun. :D
Put socks on the dog.

Jbb
09-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Look at JBB trying to sound all " I'm a bodyman" ..and shit
Just another step on the path toward "mystical legend" status.....like Brown has... :p

MudPumper
09-18-2006, 12:44 AM
I noticed the other day that there were scratches all over the wheels on our tahoe. Well this morning I realized that the wheels on my toyhauler have the same scratches. One conclusion the new puppy has been stepping on the wheels and her nails have scratched the surface. So the question is... How can I get these fixed? I have tried to polish the wheel with some mothers but that had no effect. Then it dawns on me that these wheels have a clear coat of sorts. So what can i do?
Thanks
Shawn
LOL, the puppy is not stepping on your wheels, it is CHEWING on your wheels. When I got my lab puppy, he chewed the shit out of the wheels on my Chevy Typhoon. Scratched them all to shit. Couldn't figure out how they were getting scratched til I came out in the garage one day and cought him lying next to the wheel, nawing on the damn rim.

LAVEYSABRE575
09-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Use flitz metal polish and fiberglas restorer....DP

Jetdriver
09-18-2006, 08:42 AM
LOL, the puppy is not stepping on your wheels, it is CHEWING on your wheels. When I got my lab puppy, he chewed the shit out of the wheels on my Chevy Typhoon. Scratched them all to shit. Couldn't figure out how they were getting scratched til I came out in the garage one day and cought him lying next to the wheel, nawing on the damn rim.
That wouldnt surprise me at all. She is a HUGE Bloodhound. Very cute and kinda stupid but I hate when animals mess with the vehicles.