PDA

View Full Version : Boating Lesson #2

buzzaro
09-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Raise the Focking drive for trailering :mad: :mad: :mad:
Luckily the strange noise was heard and recognized before the drive was even out of the water, so nothing more than a little paint scratch. Even still the feeling you get after you realize but before you see the damage really sucks :yuk:

purrfecttremor
09-17-2006, 06:10 PM
What was lesson #1 ? I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and my wife got the blame :argue:

buzzaro
09-17-2006, 06:25 PM
What was lesson #1 ? I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and my wife got the blame :argue:
Lesson #1 was over memorial weekend and it was put the the drain plug in BEFORE you launch :crossx:

purrfecttremor
09-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Lesson # 1 is important but im going out on a limb and going to say you allready knew that! Look at the boat mishape thread,we got nothing on some of these other peps :idea:

OCMerrill
09-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Don't be to hard on yourself. I had a three trip mental block on Lesson number two. Not with this current boat but with a Reinell Runabout I had 10 years ago. The third time I cracked the casting on the lower unit. All caught before we even cleared the water but the third time ($$$$) rammed the lesson home.
It had an OMC Cobra. This was the one issue in that POS's history that was not their fault. :mad:

RitcheyRch
09-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Been there done that.
Luckily the strange noise was heard and recognized before the drive was even out of the water, so nothing more than a little paint scratch. Even still the feeling you get after you realize but before you see the damage really sucks :yuk:

VanDeano
09-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Not in the exact order, but I have done both of your lessons

socalmoney
09-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Reason #1 for having a wife; to be able to blame her for Lesson #2.

Cole Sanger
09-17-2006, 07:31 PM
I have had my boat for about a year now (first boat with an outdrive). I just can't learn this lesson. First time was when backing in. Thought the boat was floating - Not. Second was on a pretty windy day. Had the trim all the way down while putting it on the trailer. Got blown to the side and hit it on the back of the trailer a little. Third time was just this Friday. Just forgot. Had a buddy pull me out a little and realized it was still down. Just a little more grindage added to the other two lessons. Waiting for winter to get them all fixed. Just need to find a template to go by so I can give it to the welding shop.
Another lesson learned last month was your lesson 1. Luckily I remembered about 5 minutes into the water. My buddy didn't even get done parking the trailer. Just got out of sequence while launching. Not used to people actually helping me.

HocusPocus
09-17-2006, 07:31 PM
get a pontoon.. you don't have to worry about the plug and at least with mine i dont have to worry about raising the outdrive up either. :crossx:

JetBoatRich
09-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Reason #1 for having a wife; to be able to blame her for Lesson #2.
you can blame her :rolleyes: but it is still your fault :rolleyes:

squirt'nmyload
09-17-2006, 08:34 PM
don't have to worry about that with my jet!!!!!! at least nothing was damagedhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/grin.gif

W.O.T
09-17-2006, 08:45 PM
that is a regular occurance at the ramp. i saw a couple do it a few weeks ago and they thought the boat was falling off the trailer!

sleekcraft137
09-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Luckily the strange noise was heard and recognized before the drive was even out of the water, so nothing more than a little paint scratch. Even still the feeling you get after you realize but before you see the damage really sucks :yuk:Atleast you caught it in time! "IS THE DRIVE UP" Still shoots through my mind everytime I pull the new boat out, and everytime I think "DUH, its a cat stupid, Drives stay down" I'll get over it someday.