PDA

View Full Version : Chevy and ford in talks to merge?

racecar.hotshoe
09-18-2006, 10:28 AM
I hope this dont happen!But thats what CNN is saying.

topless
09-18-2006, 10:31 AM
So will it be Fevrolet or Chord? :rolleyes:

hoolign
09-18-2006, 10:39 AM
So will it be Fevrolet or Chord? :rolleyes:
Whats that got to do with you showing your tits?? :mad: Now get back in the Van!

topless
09-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Whats that got to do with you showing your tits?? :mad: Now get back in the Van!
I got your giraffe right here.

dmontzsta
09-18-2006, 10:49 AM
It would be the best thing that ever happened to chevy.

topless
09-18-2006, 10:50 AM
LOL, no shit huh?

HocusPocus
09-18-2006, 10:52 AM
it could be the worse thing to have to both.. you never really know.

QuickJet
09-18-2006, 10:58 AM
ha ha ha....as a wright off!!!

RitcheyRch
09-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Maybe only thing they can do to keep Honda or Toyota from buying either of them.

dmontzsta
09-18-2006, 11:07 AM
ha ha ha....as a wright off!!!
I would venture to say Ford does better than GM. I bet GM is reaching out to Ford for help, they are finally throwing up the white flag. ;)

IMPATIENT 1
09-18-2006, 11:14 AM
I would venture to say Ford does better than GM. I bet GM is reaching out to Ford for help, they are finally throwing up the white flag. ;)
i've worked for gm for 12yrs. and i would have to agree with this statement.the 100k mile warranty will kill gm. most of the money i make on these gm vehicles is when they have @38-80k miles.in a desperate attempt to bump sales, they released the 100k warranty.gm is just way behind on design, while other car companies are sticking their necks out with new technology and design and makin bank!it will kill my career!

GoCiggie31
09-18-2006, 11:14 AM
all the internal grumblings are that Ford needs to go back to the core basics of what made them great in the days.
so the street talk is possibly selling the PAG brands (Volvo, jag LR ) which was the brain child of Nasser and Dr. Reitlse(so I hear)

Old Texan
09-18-2006, 12:36 PM
The story:
http://www.ajc.com/hp/content/shared-gen/ap/Finance_General/GM_Ford.html

All IN
09-18-2006, 12:51 PM
The unions are killing Ford and GM. Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Mercedes US plants are not union. If they didn't have the union US car companys wouldn't have that stranglehold around its neck.

Dave C
09-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Both Toyota and Nissan announced plans to expand manufacturing plants in the U.S...... they will be hiring all those employees layed off by Ford and GM :rollside:
ain't that ironic.

All IN
09-18-2006, 02:31 PM
No they won't--they won't hire union.

QuickJet
09-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Ok I'll just come out and say it....."FORD SUCKS". Except for the new Mustang, that's my next new car. Anything else sucks and always has. :cool: I guess the only way to make a Ford work is when it's built by GM.

Tom Brown
09-18-2006, 03:22 PM
I'll be the first to come out and say I think it's a good idea.
They are spending zillions of dollars on developing GPS navigation systems and management electronics that nobody gives a shit about until they stop working. Didn't they just jointly develop a new 5 speed automatic transmission? They need to do more of that.
The actual ownership is irrelevant. It would make sense for them to share a lot more engineering, though.
I have to agree with Hooli... the newest GM body style went from bad to worse. Ford is the most attractive truck out there since Dodge discovered the right angle.

Singleton
09-18-2006, 03:36 PM
The news is an attempt to get the unions that are killing both GM and Ford to wake up. Honda and Toyota in the US do not use union staff (as stated earlier) and based on my knowledge of the books (used to audit those US operations 3 years ago) so margins are bigger.
The unions are killing the big 3. Not to dump on the unions, almost all the union employees are solid, it is the guys managing the unions that are killing the US manufac. jobs.
Just my .02.

wsuwrhr
09-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Too bad not many people UNDERSTAND if you don't make ANYTHING, eventually you are going to run out of things to sell.
Brian
That would be another brillant move in the USA's attempt to eliminate manufacturing jobs, and give it to a third world country.
Laugh as you may, the writing is on the wall.
When this country stops the manufacturing, what do you think were gonna do for income?
Nice that Ford wants to eliminate 40k plus jobs, maybe honda, toyota or nissian will give them jobs, yeah rite.