PDA

View Full Version : extreme trailer question

boatnam2
09-18-2006, 03:00 PM
i know a few guys had blown bearings on there newer trailers,did you get them fixed at the river?did extreme handle it?can they be regreased with a gun or are they sealed?didnt look at it to close was heading home but there didnt seem to be a way to get the end off.i doubt i can get it fixed in parker on a weekend and need to get her home.

Kilrtoy
09-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Called Extreme, they set up an appointment for me and they fixed it...
ALL IN HAVASU

River918
09-18-2006, 03:27 PM
All four of mine were leaking...
When I took it back to Shockwave for my service in August, Extreme replaced all four of them...I never tried to have it done in Havasu since I was bringing it back for service anyway....I'm sure they'll step up and take care of it for you there though..

boatnam2
09-18-2006, 03:39 PM
i know they will step up and handle it,but only going next weekend for a day and dont want to spend it in havasu getting it fixed.would love to grease it up get it home,live pretty close to extreme so i could take it by.i guess i will keep trying to get ahold of tony see if he has a parker guy or how to grease it..

racecar.hotshoe
09-18-2006, 04:00 PM
drop the trailer off with no boat then go get it fixed while you go boating! :idea:

boatnam2
09-19-2006, 07:34 AM
so no one has greased a new extreme trailer.

boatnam2
09-19-2006, 10:32 AM
no one

Parker Dreamin
09-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Call Eddies in Parker, he knows somebody, I believe they are across the street.

boatnam2
09-19-2006, 01:33 PM
yea i did its called lanes he is open 3am to noon mon-fri.

Outnumbered
09-19-2006, 01:41 PM
i know a few guys had blown bearings on there newer trailers,did you get them fixed at the river?did extreme handle it?can they be regreased with a gun or are they sealed?didnt look at it to close was heading home but there didnt seem to be a way to get the end off.i doubt i can get it fixed in parker on a weekend and need to get her home.
Pretty sure they are oil bath--mine were (2004). I never had issues and never re-filled them. I do not think you can use a gun on them unless you have the Bearing Buddy style. Call Tony direct and ask him. He will tell you what to do.
Tony at Extreme: 951-682-5522

Parker Dreamin
09-19-2006, 01:57 PM
yea i did its called lanes he is open 3am to noon mon-fri.
only in Parker.....

RiverDave
09-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Does yours have a little "tinted" window on the inside of wheel hub? If so you might have an "oil bath" system.. There's no grease in those, but rather a bath of oil. I can't remember which oil to use now, but get ahold of extreme and find out.. It's exceptionally simple to fill up. If your really good you don't even have to take the wheel off. There should be what looks to be a little set screw on the side of the hub. Rotate it around so it's facing up, then pour the oil in there and your done.. If it's leaking, then that's something that can be fixed by extreme. Just let it leak oil out onto the rim until you get it down here it's not going to hurt anything.
RD

boatnam2
09-19-2006, 03:33 PM
finally some good info,thanks guys.been playing phone tag with tony all day.will try tommorow.