PDA

View Full Version : Steve Irwins Daughter to finish what dad started

JustMVG
09-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Well the news says that The Crock Hunters Daughter is going to swim with Stingrays, and the exact stingray that got her dad, to finish off the story that her dad was shooting when the accident happened. BTW she's just 8 yrs old... don't know if this is a good sentimental thing or just plain lunacy....

hotsand65
09-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Wow, she looks just like him, more power too her.

doesitfloat?
09-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Well the news says that The Crock Hunters Daughter is going to swim with Stingrays, and the exact stingray that got her dad, to finish off the story that her dad was shooting when the accident happened. BTW she's just 8 yrs old... don't know if this is a good sentimental thing or just plain lunacy....
...the latter.

Run_em_Hard
09-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Wonder if she got her mother permission???

FMluvswater
09-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Isn't that child endangerment to whatever adult gives her permission? It's one thing for an adult to take an educated risk but an 8 year old? Sounds wrong to me.

RitcheyRch
09-19-2006, 04:12 AM
Thats just crazy.

RiverDave
09-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Even if I was an animal lover.. That thing would've been stuffed and hanging on my wall right now. I might even use it as a dartboard every one in awhile.
By the way, I'm not 100% sure, but I think once a sting ray stings you the barb on it's tail falls off (I.E. it was in her dad's chest and he had to pull it out)
That being said the sting ray that she's going to swim with is probably pretty harmless. Again not a 100%, but if I remember right that's the way it works.
Kinda like a lizard, the tail grows back later, but it takes a long ass time.
RD

Sleek-Jet
09-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.
Life is sometimes stranger than fiction... :idea:

FMluvswater
09-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Even if I was an animal lover.. That thing would've been stuffed and hanging on my wall right now. I might even use it as a dartboard every one in awhile.
By the way, I'm not 100% sure, but I think once a sting ray stings you the barb on it's tail falls off (I.E. it was in her dad's chest and he had to pull it out)
That being said the sting ray that she's going to swim with is probably pretty harmless. Again not a 100%, but if I remember right that's the way it works.
Kinda like a lizard, the tail grows back later, but it takes a long ass time.
RD
If that's correct that would reduce her risk of injury/death but from sounds of it there will be more than just the one de-barbed ray
The Crock Hunters Daughter is going to swim with Stingrays, and the exact stingray that got her dad
kids in jeopardy makes me uncomfortable

Froggystyle
09-19-2006, 01:15 PM
I think it is cool. I have swam with thousands of stingrays. They are harmless unless you are not aware of them or trip and fall, like it sounds like Steve did.
We are too protective these days. Her whole life she will remember this...

Havasu_Dreamin
09-19-2006, 01:22 PM
I swam with stingrays off of Grand Cayman.....