PDA

View Full Version : Whats your biggest rip off on the road

Speedman
09-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Left Lake Mead went to dinner but always park where I can see my goods from where I eat. Well a large motor home blocked my view I wanted to check what was happing but friends said it will be fine. And hour or so goes by, sun goes down we leave and as I am getting on the High way I look into rear view and something is missing stoped to find out complete Dual high rise ,carbs, air scoop, Dis and wires gone. I beleave the a.. holes in the motor home got it. That was a few years ago. Thats my biggest rip off on the road. Not to forget my Prop Last weekend.

GAME TIME
09-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Stopped off to get groceries on the way out to Glamis. Came back out to the truck and the gas cans and paddle tires were gone. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Boatcop
09-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Any gas station.

voodoomedman
09-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Prop locks and Stern Drive locks are a good thing.

TCN
09-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Went surfing on a sat. morning and when I came home my boat and trailer were gone from in front of our condo. The neighbor watched 2 guys pull up and hook it up. He said they were so calm he never thought twice they weren't my friends. Never found. We had insurance but this was in June of 2001 so it was a boatless summer.

TCN
09-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Was surfing and came in to find my car stolen. The thieves watched me hide my keys and took it from the parking lot while I was in the water. This was 1994 and they found the car (Honda Civic) stripped about a week later.

Moneypitt
09-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I believe the locals to an area are responsible for these losses. They don't stop, just different victims. If the LE at Havasu, for example, would stakeout, and even bait with goodies once in a while, these assclowns would be caught. Once caught, search warrants for their residence, storage, shops etc. MAY turn up a treasure of stolen goods.....Bait them, park a nice ride and boat trailer in the ramp lot, and WATCH it from afar.......they'll come.........MP

Kilrtoy
09-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Remind me to never hang out with you...
You have the worst luck, you are always getting ripped off.
DAMN

SHOTKALLIN
09-19-2006, 08:57 PM
I believe the locals to an area are responsible for these losses. They don't stop, just different victims. If the LE at Havasu, for example, would stakeout, and even bait with goodies once in a while, these assclowns would be caught. Once caught, search warrants for their residence, storage, shops etc. MAY turn up a treasure of stolen goods.....Bait them, park a nice ride and boat trailer in the ramp lot, and WATCH it from afar.......they'll come.........MP
LEO's do this all the time with cars in a high auto theft area like park n rides. its a great sting. If Havasu pd cant recognize gangsters then how will they do this?

Run_em_Hard
09-19-2006, 09:14 PM
I have nothing worth stealing, sorry. :crossx: :crossx:

roln 20s
09-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Wasn't on the road, but was getting ready to go golfing (back in early 90s), had my clubs, my dads, my bros sitting by the tailgate of the truck, went running 5 houses down to get my buddy for our game, came back to NO F'N CLUBS-- someone stole 3 bags of clubs in 2 minutes---never heard anything or saw them again. Needless to say, my clubs are always locked up somewhere. MEAN PEOPLE SUCK :mad:
Roln 20s

blown dough
09-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Wasn't on the road, but was getting ready to go golfing (back in early 90s), had my clubs, my dads, my bros sitting by the tailgate of the truck, went running 5 houses down to get my buddy for our game, came back to NO F'N CLUBS-- someone stole 3 bags of clubs in 2 minutes---never heard anything or saw them again. Needless to say, my clubs are always locked up somewhere. MEAN PEOPLE SUCK :mad:
Roln 20s
I am not a mean person so I don't suck, but your only roln 20'S!!!!!!!!!!!

Cole Sanger
09-20-2006, 02:33 AM
Father in law parked boat in front of house about 5 weeks ago at lake and the basterds took the tower right off the boat.
What kind of tower and what kind of boat? Any pictures?

Trailer Park Casanova
09-20-2006, 02:42 AM
One of the local Jeep clubs stopped off at the off roaders bar in Baker, (called Peaks or something like that) the bar attached to & behind Dennys.
They all had their spares stolen, all had wheel locks securing them too.
Figure about $300 + per vehicle.
We always have someone watching the vehicle, or it's in site, or everything is secured with kryptonite cables.
I overheard one of the Sheriffs talking to a theft victim at Dumont once:
"So you had $15.000.00 worth of new quads, and ya locked them with a $1.99 Wall Mart bike lock and cable?"

Kilrtoy
09-20-2006, 02:48 AM
I should not get new but used maybe I'll be left a lone (NOT) What goes around comes around. Nice to hear from you.
AND YOU ARE MORE THAN OVER DUE FOR YOUR DAY.......
Is that the new boat in the AVATAR

Insurance God
09-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Left Lake Mead went to dinner but always park where I can see my goods from where I eat. Well a large motor home blocked my view I wanted to check what was happing but friends said it will be fine. And hour or so goes by, sun goes down we leave and as I am getting on the High way I look into rear view and something is missing stoped to find out complete Dual high rise ,carbs, air scoop, Dis and wires gone. I beleave the a.. holes in the motor home got it. That was a few years ago. Thats my biggest rip off on the road. Not to forget my Prop Last weekend.
Same thing happens to bikes with a van. Van rolls up, blocks your view. Slider opens and out comes a fork lift type deal that puts one fork in your front wheel and the other fork in the rear. They load up and are gone w/in one min. They also don't care about scratches etc because a lot of the stolen equipment ends up over seas (taken apart etc). Figure if they break a mirror but can part out the rest of the bike...

RiverRatMike
09-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Biggest rip off on the road? That would be after getting a traffic ticket.