PDA

View Full Version : Ultra 28

Eliminator 4 Life
09-20-2006, 01:42 PM
John I was wondering how many of the 26 deck boats have you done now. Can I see some pics of them and I would like to see the room in the front thanks...

Singleton
09-20-2006, 01:45 PM
attached are the ones I got from Steve back when I place my winter order for the 26.
I hope John uploads more as well.

Eliminator 4 Life
09-20-2006, 01:46 PM
attached are the ones I got from Steve back when I place my winter order for the 26.
I hope John uploads more as well.
Thanks is that a 102 beam on it???

Singleton
09-20-2006, 01:54 PM
yep, 102' is the beam.
Same bottom as the 27' Shadow, just removed the built in swim step and trimmed 4 increase of the top (I think). Was back in July when John told me about it, so my memery could be wrong.
Based on my conversation with John, Steve and Barry I was sold.
Now all I need to do is wait (that is the hard part)

Blacksheep
09-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Singleton...
Based on the pics it looks like no seats under the windshield just storage. Is that true or is there an option for the seats as with the 27 Shadow?
What power package did you go with?
Thanks

ULTRA26 # 1
09-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Singleton...
Based on the pics it looks like no seats under the windshield just storage. Is that true or is there an option for the seats as with the 27 Shadow?
Thanks
It is true. I believe that you would have to talk to John West about seating under the w/s. The 1st 26 Shadow Deck has storage under the w/s but I know the JW will do anything a customer wants if possible.
John M

sigepmock
09-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Last I talked with John, they were working on a couple different seating layouts. With the height cut out of the bottom it might be a little tight for seats under the mid section but JW would be the best one to talk to about.
We ran with John, Ultra26#1 a few weekends back and that boat ran great with the 496 HO, I think he added headers to it but he is definately fast.
Chris

andy01
09-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Last I talked with John, they were working on a couple different seating layouts. With the height cut out of the bottom it might be a little tight for seats under the mid section but JW would be the best one to talk to about.
We ran with John, Ultra26#1 a few weekends back and that boat ran great with the 496 HO, I think he added headers to it but he is definately fast.
Chris
Nice looking Ultra, John builds some nice boats.
Chris could you define fast.......

sigepmock
09-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Chris could you define fast.......
Sure somewhere between 20 and 100 :crossx: Did I mention that they're building one wih a 525 right now and some more modern layup techniques that produce stronger and lighter boats :crossx:
I think they really have a winner with this boat, especially with how well the very first one out of the mold is running.

ULTRA28
09-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Here is a shot from the front.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497front-running-26.jpg
Here is one that I'm doing right now that will have some forward facing mid-cabin seats in the tunnels. It will have a couple of TVs in the mid-cabin with a PS2 linking them so the kids can play games against each other while in the seats.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497silver-26.jpg
Here are some shots of the one that's in the mold right now. Yes, it's being infused.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497infuse-deck.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497infuse-deck2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497infuse-hull.jpg

Cole Trickle
09-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Here is a shot from the front.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497front-running-26.jpg
Here is one that I'm doing right now that will have some forward facing mid-cabin seats in the tunnels. It will have a couple of TVs in the mid-cabin with a PS2 linking them so the kids can play games against each other while in the seats.
Here are some shots of the one that's in the mold right now. Yes, it's being infused.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497infuse-deck.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497infuse-deck2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497infuse-hull.jpg
SWEET!!!:D
How much lighter do you think it will be?
Are you going to infuse the 27 Shadow as well?

Singleton
09-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Singleton...
Thanks
JW has great ideas, we will see what he come up with.
I went with the 496HO, and I am thinking about adding CMI Headers (that reminds me to talk to Steve)

ULTRA28
09-20-2006, 04:07 PM
SWEET!!!:D
How much lighter do you think it will be?
Are you going to infuse the 27 Shadow as well?
The hull itself will be between 25% to 33% lighter. A standard hull with tanks weighs 2250 lbs. The infused ones are weighing in at 1450 lbs.
Yes, we will be doing the 27 Shadow as well. Someone form here on the boards just traded in his 24 Stealth for an infused 27 with a 525.

Not So Fast
09-20-2006, 04:23 PM
The hull itself will be between 25% to 33% lighter. A standard hull with tanks weighs 2250 lbs. The infused ones are weighing in at 1450 lbs.
Yes, we will be doing the 27 Shadow as well. Someone form here on the boards just traded in his 24 Stealth for an infused 27 with a 525.
That is a lot of weight difference for just the hull isnt it, a lot!! 800 lbs less mass and it still has good integrity?? or is it just for special circumstances? I'm sure you wouldnt build a flimsy boat just for speed but thats a LOT to give up. What will the total weight be for a finished boat. My boat lists at 4250 lbs but I doubt it. I had the whole kit and kaboodle weighed at Acoma Van Lines because of a deal with MVD and permanent trailer tags, I was very surprised to come in at 7300 lbs and change. Your graphic's are awesome, no doubt. NSF

DEMOMAN
09-20-2006, 04:29 PM
That is one beautiful 26. It was a bitter sweet day leaving the 24 last Saturday, we sure had some good times in that boat. Can't wait to see how the infused Shadow performs. These next few months are going to crawl by.
:boxed:

ULTRA26 # 1
09-20-2006, 04:32 PM
John,
Very nice gel design on the latest 26
John M

voodoomedman
09-20-2006, 04:58 PM
That is one beautiful 26. It was a bitter sweet day leaving the 24 last Saturday, we sure had some good times in that boat. Can't wait to see how the infused Shadow performs. These next few months are going to crawl by.
Let me be the first to say Congratulations but also that you suck.
:yuk: :rollside: :rollside: :)

shippingguy
09-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Congrats brother! If you got anymore questions let me know. You are going to love it. I cannot wait to seee the numbers on it. When do you go into the mold?

Eliminator 4 Life
09-20-2006, 05:25 PM
JW when you get a chance can you show me the new seats in this one with the tv's thanks.

Cole Trickle
09-20-2006, 06:26 PM
That is a lot of weight difference for just the hull isnt it, a lot!! 800 lbs less mass and it still has good integrity?? or is it just for special circumstances? I'm sure you wouldnt build a flimsy boat just for speed but thats a LOT to give up. What will the total weight be for a finished boat. My boat lists at 4250 lbs but I doubt it. I had the whole kit and kaboodle weighed at Acoma Van Lines because of a deal with MVD and permanent trailer tags, I was very surprised to come in at 7300 lbs and change. Your graphic's are awesome, no doubt. NSF
Based on what Wes taught us about infusion when we visited Trident my guess is it will be much lighter and much much stronger.(John and Wes could explain it 100X better than me)
There is no downside other than the cost for the builders to set up for the process. :)

INSman
09-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Infused 27 Shadow with an Ilmor would weigh even less !! :)

DEMOMAN
09-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Congrats brother! If you got anymore questions let me know. You are going to love it. I cannot wait to seee the numbers on it. When do you go into the mold?
Thanks Mike for all your help and info. I am not sure when its going in the mold but I know John is shooting for the first weekend in Dec for completion.

sigepmock
09-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Hope I didn't spill the beans JW. That boat looks sick!!!! Can't wait to see it in person.
Chris

sigepmock
09-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks Mike for all your help and info. I am not sure when its going in the mold but I know John is shooting for the first weekend in Dec for completion.
Congrats. Your gonna love the 27. Night and day difference over the 24. It's nice boating when and where you want and not having to worry too much about the weather or what everyone else is doing.
Make sure you post pics. :crossx:
Chris

HocusPocus
09-20-2006, 08:01 PM
WOW... that really looks incredible!

ULTRA28
09-20-2006, 08:26 PM
JW when you get a chance can you show me the new seats in this one with the tv's thanks.
Sure, the boat should be done in two weeks. I'm taking it to Hot Boat for the evaluations. The mid-cabin should end up somewhat like this (except a walk-thru of course. Also the head room above my kids will be about 3" lower due to us chopping down the height from the 27).
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497nascarcabin.JPG

Eliminator 4 Life
09-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Sure, the boat should be done in two weeks. I'm taking it to Hot Boat for the evaluations. The mid-cabin should end up somewhat like this (except a walk-thru of course. Also the head room above my kids will be about 3" lower due to us chopping down the height from the 27).
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497nascarcabin.JPG
Thanks bro looks good

shadow
09-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey John,work out a rate like this and i'll a order a fully loaded Infused 27
Shadow tomorrow. :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502Special_financing-med.jpg

ULTRA28
09-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey John,work out a rate like this and i'll a order a fully loaded Infused 27
Shadow tomorrow. :)
I'm not sure how they do that, but I do know I'll have some blueprints and drawings for you to look at early next week of something we talked about. :D
I think you'll be a lot more interested in something other than a 27 when you see them.

shadow
09-20-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure how they so that, but I do know I'll have some blueprints and drawings for you to look at early next week of something we talked about. :D
I think you'll be a lot more interested in something other than a 27 when you see them.
You know where to find me.

Eliminator 4 Life
09-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Yea that rate is crazy I have never seen that rate at our dealership :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
09-20-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure how they do that, but I do know I'll have some blueprints and drawings for you to look at early next week of something we talked about. :D
JW what do you got brewing

shadow
09-20-2006, 10:41 PM
JW what do you got brewing
Rob,mind your own dam bussiness. :)
See you this weekend.Call me when you get to town.

voodoomedman
09-21-2006, 05:26 AM
You make it really hard for a guy to just be completely content with his 24.
:yuk: :) :) :rollside: :rollside:

Eliminator 4 Life
09-21-2006, 06:38 AM
Rob,mind your own dam bussiness. :)
See you this weekend.Call me when you get to town.
Its not this weekend its next damn it.. I wana know what you know.. Why did you change your avatar it threw me off..
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123164

Tremor Therapy
09-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Damn JW, Barry had me in 3 different Shockwaves before he headed off to greener pastures....but your new boats are awesome! I have some things in the fire, but I could see Barry talking me into an Ultra real easy!
Barry don't call me, I'm not quite ready! :rollside:

Dave C
09-21-2006, 08:06 AM
good looking paints jobs.. as usual :crossx:

Cole Trickle
09-21-2006, 08:10 AM
I wonder how fast an infused 26 Deck would be with a 525?
I know the 496HO hauls ass. I wonder if you could get into the 90's with the blue motor?(Probably too fast for a Deck but it would be cool to wring that number out of a stock 525 powered boat :crossx: )

shockwavebd
09-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Damn JW, Barry had me in 3 different Shockwaves before he headed off to greener pastures....but your new boats are awesome! I have some things in the fire, but I could see Barry talking me into an Ultra real easy!
Barry don't call me, I'm not quite ready! :rollside:
Alan I all ready called you call me back I'm down in SD this week...................your wife would look great driving a 27.....lol

Arkansas
09-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Forward facing seats in the mid cabin area with a monitor for the kids sounds like a great idea.

andy01
09-21-2006, 09:07 AM
This has a Skater type of finish to it. Very nice looking boat John, let me know when you build something I can use and I'll buy it. Maybe I should build an infused v-drive 19. :)
Andy

shippingguy
09-21-2006, 09:09 AM
No problem bro. Anytime. How exciting for you. The time should go pretty quickly once in the mold.

out of bounds
09-21-2006, 09:15 AM
jw how did the black 23 deck you had @ the boat show do # wise ????? Also could you do one with the twin jet set up?? still would love to see you come to the sac area with a dealership. we could use one!!!

shippingguy
09-21-2006, 09:23 AM
jw how did the black 23 deck you had @ the boat show do # wise ????? Also could you do one with the twin jet set up?? still would love to see you come to the sac area with a dealership. we could use one!!!
Running just a bit over 100MPH according to John D. On his last trip out.

dicudmore
09-21-2006, 09:25 AM
This has a Skater type of finish to it. Very nice looking boat John, let me know when you build something I can use and I'll buy it. Maybe I should build an infused v-drive 19. :)
Andy
baller why don't you buy my 27 and I'll push somebody to buy yours :cool:

Johnwithjm
09-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Running just a bit over 100MPH according to John D. On his last trip out.
Shipping guy is correct just a bit over 100MPH. I am not sure about the intake fitting for a twin jet. Also there is no need for a twin jet it is a rocket ship with a single.

out of bounds
09-21-2006, 05:10 PM
that is just sweet. any more left in it??? I wonder what a ,infused 23 deck would run with the same package? that could be a lot of fun. I had a lite lay 19 daytona back in 89 and that thing was inshane.

andy01
09-21-2006, 06:07 PM
baller why don't you buy my 27 and I'll push somebody to buy yours :cool:
You know I thought about it, but I am flying to Parker in the morning to get a property deal going. I don't have any extra money laying around. Now if I had your money I would own two boats. One to watch tv and one to watch everybody drive behind me........... :rollside:

dicudmore
09-21-2006, 07:11 PM
You know I thought about it, but I am flying to Parker in the morning to get a property deal going. I don't have any extra money laying around. Now if I had your money I would own two boats. One to watch tv and one to watch everybody drive behind me........... :rollside:
my money will not allow me to have two boats :(

voodoomedman
09-21-2006, 07:31 PM
my money will not allow me to have two boats :(
Don't lie. Even my money does. I have the Ultra and I have the little tugboat bathtoy my son plays with. :D

dicudmore
09-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Don't lie. Even my money does. I have the Ultra and I have the little tugboat bathtoy my son plays with. :D
can't even buy the tugboat...I tried :220v:
Isn't it about time for you guys to upgrade?? :idea:

voodoomedman
09-21-2006, 07:39 PM
can't even buy the tugboat...I tried :220v:
Isn't it about time for you guys to upgrade?? :idea:
Nope. I've got too much money in the tugboat.
Seriously though it will be a few years. We're not ones to buy new stuff all the time. I have vowed to keep the boat at least until it is 10 years old. And we bought what we wanted anyway. Their really are only two things besides the 2 foot itch that really make us think about it anyway. Saturday's on Havi. The Stealth handles remarkably but after riding in the 26 deck on the same day and comparing...... And also the room. The Stealth also has a ridiculous amount of room for a non deck boat but I hate when people are in my way. It's like they know that you want in the cooler so they just stand right in front of it. But that won't go away anyway. It's the same people that when your on the beach won't go in the boat for hours on end but as soon as you go in the boat decide they want a beer or chips or something. It drives me batty. I think to myself, your out on my boat, your lazy butt should be climbing in and asking me what I want.

andy01
09-21-2006, 07:53 PM
I have vowed to keep the boat at least until it is 10 years old.
Man I have only had one thing that long and it isn't even my wife, I wish I could be happy with one thing that long. Congrats

Eliminator 4 Life
09-21-2006, 08:19 PM
I hate when people are in my way. It's like they know that you want in the cooler so they just stand right in front of it. But that won't go away anyway. It's the same people that when your on the beach won't go in the boat for hours on end but as soon as you go in the boat decide they want a beer or chips or something. It drives me batty. I think to myself, your out on my boat, your lazy butt should be climbing in and asking me what I want.
You must be reading my mind. My thoughts exactly... :)

Kilrtoy
09-22-2006, 12:01 AM
HOLEEGEEEZUS!
That has got to be THE Best looking boat I have ever seen!
Very nice work Mr. West!
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8202/ultra02hz9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Keep drinking that crap and you will keep thinking that
* 1 oz Vodka (Absolut)
* 1 oz Southern Comfort
* 1 oz Blue Curacao
* Top off with Cranberry juice
* 1 Ice
Yes it looks nice, but the BEST, please, JW has done way better

Kilrtoy
09-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Ok, I will concur with that

voodoomedman
09-22-2006, 05:35 AM
Man I have only had one thing that long and it isn't even my wife, I wish I could be happy with one thing that long. Congrats
Thanks. It's not always easy(especially living in SoCal) but it sure is easy on the wallet.

Tremor Therapy
09-22-2006, 06:24 AM
Alan I all ready called you call me back I'm down in SD this week...................your wife would look great driving a 27.....lol
Now Barry you know I am not going to call you back! I have no control when I get around new boats...kinda like having a gold card in a high class cat house!
But I am serious, I need to get some things finished, and then me thinks you and I might need to sit down and discuss another new ride! :rollside:

shockwavebd
09-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Now Barry you know I am not going to call you back! I have no control when I get around new boats...kinda like having a gold card in a high class cat house!
But I am serious, I need to get some things finished, and then me thinks you and I might need to sit down and discuss another new ride! :rollside:
Alan I was trying to take you and your family out to dinner one day this week..............but you did not call.. :crossx:

Tremor Therapy
09-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the invite BD, it is truely appreciated. Unfortunately this week was a bad one for me, and I would not have been able to attend. I am right in the middle of some contract negotiations, and that means dawn-to-dusk hours at least! But don't worry, I'll take your table reservations at RRX 5! BTW, I got your sunglasses!

Daytona19
09-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Awesome boat John I think the 26 is a great size for most out there. I have a question?? Why is it that most decks do not have a side entrance?? My thoughts are this, if parking on a beach somewhere you have to enter from the front only and track in all the sand. I know some dont worry about that but for One I do. I hate having sand on my boat now and am forever cleaning but I am picky too. I just wish I could get the looks of you 26 will some options for entering. Looks great though, love the colors..

voodoomedman
09-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Awesome boat John I think the 26 is a great size for most out there. I have a question?? Why is it that most decks do not have a side entrance?? My thoughts are this, if parking on a beach somewhere you have to enter from the front only and track in all the sand. I know some dont worry about that but for One I do. I hate having sand on my boat now and am forever cleaning but I am picky too. I just wish I could get the looks of you 26 will some options for entering. Looks great though, love the colors..
They have a cool little shower to wash off your feet on those things.