PDA

View Full Version : Deep Ocean Blue (Trident #4 pics)

Froggystyle
09-20-2006, 05:11 PM
You guys who go out on the big Salty know this color. I have always loved it ferociously. If you haven't been at least 15 miles off the California coast in a small boat, you don't know what I am talking about. So, allow me to explain...
In a 14 foot long Zodiac, this color inspires. It is a visual definition of deep. Like... miles deep. Upon loose calculations, we figured that when out over the Coronado Trench, a dropped watch would take minutes to hit bottom. It is this color, and you can see down for hundreds of feet. There are a lot of quarters down there, because I bring dollars worth every time we went out to loiter just to watch them drop. It almost looks thick it is so clear and blue.
Anyway, that is this color. You can't see the pearl, but it is sick with ice blue pearl. I can't wait to pop the boat...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/deep_ocean.jpg

RitcheyRch
09-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Awesome color

wsuwrhr
09-20-2006, 05:48 PM
I don't know about popping a boat, but I just popped wood.
Thought you should know.
Brian
You guys who go out on the big Salty know this color. I have always loved it ferociously. If you haven't been at least 15 miles off the California coast in a small boat, you don't know what I am talking about. So, allow me to explain...
In a 14 foot long Zodiac, this color inspires. It is a visual definition of deep. Like... miles deep. Upon loose calculations, we figured that when out over the Coronado Trench, a dropped watch would take minutes to hit bottom. It is this color, and you can see down for hundreds of feet. There are a lot of quarters down there, because I bring dollars worth every time we went out to loiter just to watch them drop. It almost looks thick it is so clear and blue.
Anyway, that is this color. You can't see the pearl, but it is sick with ice blue pearl. I can't wait to pop the boat...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/deep_ocean.jpg

Infomaniac
09-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Dude I'm not sure if you splashed the color of my mini van or not? :220v: :220v: it is Electric Blue Pearl. :) :rollside:
http://moritzmachine.com/paint2.jpg
http://moritzmachine.com/paint5.jpg

Run_em_Hard
09-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Looks good...

Phat Matt
09-20-2006, 06:18 PM
I hate blue. :yuk:
:)

AZKC
09-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Dude I'm not sure if you splashed the color of my mini van or not? :220v: :220v: it is Electric Blue Pearl. :) :rollside:
http://moritzmachine.com/paint2.jpg
http://moritzmachine.com/paint5.jpg
That made me chuckle just a bit :crossx:

JB in so cal
09-20-2006, 06:22 PM
And if One were to be interested in a Trident. And if One might have some cash laying around (I sure as hell don't), what would a ballpark figure be that One would be talking to his banker about? :cool:
Around $160k ish??

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 07:21 AM
And if One were to be interested in a Trident. And if One might have some cash laying around (I sure as hell don't), what would a ballpark figure be that One would be talking to his banker about? :cool:
Around $160k ish??
Not until we start up the dealerships. Right now it is a lot less than that. Plus, we are about to release some previously-unavailable options for the boat including a stern drive package, a 496HO/B1XR package and others. With exception of the big motor and Weismann drive, all will be less expensive.
The fear is that a 496 is going to put us into a top speed catagory I don't want to deliver a boat in, so we are even going to experiment with small blocks for power. With a boat this light, we have a lot of options.
We are selling the full-tilt boogie Revolution as you have seen it for $140K including trailer.
In strange fact, the best value by a lot is the twin turbo jet drive package. It is one of the reasons we were loathe to offer anything else. But, there is a large market for the stern drives, and we will answer the market's wishes.

scarabrick2
09-21-2006, 07:39 AM
I rember that color oh so well. Love that color never got tired of looking at it. Some of the best color water I've seen was out by your old island(san clemente)
Rick
( X Navy Diver/blaster)

Dave C
09-21-2006, 07:43 AM
Wes... thats a bad ass color.
Info. that "van" doesn't look like a daily driver. Its seems to have some optional equipment. What do you hang from the extra bars... drive holders ;) :rollside: :rollside:

Tremor Therapy
09-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Wes I have taken the old Shockwave out in the big blue many a time, and that color is just awesome! Watching the rays of sunshine penetrate and shimmer in the water is a killer experience. It is really amazing how beautiful the ocean is once you get away from the shore!

Jyruiz
09-21-2006, 07:53 AM
Very nice color, just wondering how hot it would get in the Havasu heat?

DCBDaytona
09-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Looks good. How about seeing some performance numbers of #1-3...

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 08:25 AM
Very nice color, just wondering how hot it would get in the Havasu heat?
About as hot as any other dark color. The whole boat is white, that is the color of the graphic and the helm.

Jyruiz
09-21-2006, 08:26 AM
About as hot as any other dark color. The whole boat is white, that is the color of the graphic and the helm.
Sounds like it is going to look (just like all the other Tridents) great.

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Looks good. How about seeing some performance numbers of #1-3...
0-60 in less than six seconds, planes in under 2 seconds, 72 mph top speed, 14 people with extremely safe handling characteristics, (tested with 27 people... no problem), 3800# fully rigged with the included life jackets, anchor, slide anchor, audio system, etc... Drafts 10" of water at rest empty, less than 2" when moving along.
The stern drive version we are building (this blue boat) will re-define performance with stock power. I can't wait now. I was really reluctant to build anything without our full kill motor, but the market has changed/is different than we thought it was initially, and we have found a ton of interest in going fast, and they don't seem to care about the far more useful number of low end performance.
So... we will build with the stern drive. We can do that too.

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Sounds like it is going to look (just like all the other Tridents) great.
We are building a brand. I think that looking like a Trident is important... especially at first. We can do any type of gelcoat graphic anyone wants, as long as it isn't a splash of something else. The boats that we have built thus far, and the ones we have in contract to build all use this graphic as a base.

DCBDaytona
09-21-2006, 08:35 AM
0-60 in less than six seconds, planes in under 2 seconds, 72 mph top speed, 14 people with extremely safe handling characteristics, (tested with 27 people... no problem), 3800# fully rigged with the included life jackets, anchor, slide anchor, audio system, etc... Drafts 10" of water at rest empty, less than 2" when moving along.
The stern drive version we are building (this blue boat) will re-define performance with stock power. I can't wait now. I was really reluctant to build anything without our full kill motor, but the market has changed/is different than we thought it was initially, and we have found a ton of interest in going fast, and they don't seem to care about the far more useful number of low end performance.
So... we will build with the stern drive. We can do that too.
Nice...You made a wise business decision by making sterndrives an option!

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Nice...You made a wise business decision by making sterndrives an option!
You want the first one? :D
So far, everyone wants the jets. I don't have a buyer for the stern version, and I have two more buyers for the jets after #3 delivers.

DMOORE
09-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Wes,
Great business move by also offering a stock merc motor setup. It will just broaden the appeal for your boat to many others. That's never a bad thing.
Darrell.

ROZ
09-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Let me know when the free version is available.. I'd be on that like crabs on a elcajon blvd hooker :D

Hardly Satisfied
09-21-2006, 08:54 AM
I hate blue. :yuk:
:)
Matt sorry to hear

spectras only
09-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Wes , how anyone can go wrong with blue :) .
Had this Challenger for 8 years
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/challenger%20copy.jpg
and I'm going 8 on this Mustang
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/mustang.joan%20copy.jpg

Hardly Satisfied
09-21-2006, 08:56 AM
very nice color

SummitKarl
09-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Not until we start up the dealerships. Right now it is a lot less than that. Plus, we are about to release some previously-unavailable options for the boat including a stern drive package, a 496HO/B1XR package and others. With exception of the big motor and Weismann drive, all will be less expensive.
The fear is that a 496 is going to put us into a top speed catagory I don't want to deliver a boat in, so we are even going to experiment with small blocks for power. With a boat this light, we have a lot of options.
We are selling the full-tilt boogie Revolution as you have seen it for $140K including trailer.
In strange fact, the best value by a lot is the twin turbo jet drive package. It is one of the reasons we were loathe to offer anything else. But, there is a large market for the stern drives, and we will answer the market's wishes.
HMMMMMMM......SB-427???? been pondering that one myself for this winters project

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 09:22 AM
HMMMMMMM......SB-427???? been pondering that one myself for this winters project
Depending on what kind of a project you are looking for, we are also considering strongly offering the hull with various stages of construction. I should start another thread on it, but we are thinking about three additional phases of completion going from bare hull with no rigging but all of the fiberglass parts for around $42K and a fully rigged, no engine, drive or exhaust version for about $85K.
No versions other than the full monty would have any Trident logos, Trident graphics or other goodies like the real trick billet stuff and logo'ed items. All would be replaced with blank parts of similar quality, but without quite the level of bling.
Any interest in this out there?

phebus
09-21-2006, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't want my hull associated with any builds other then the factory build, unless an agreement was made with shops that would rig the boat to set standards.

SummitKarl
09-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Depending on what kind of a project you are looking for, we are also considering strongly offering the hull with various stages of construction. I should start another thread on it, but we are thinking about three additional phases of completion going from bare hull with no rigging but all of the fiberglass parts for around $42K and a fully rigged, no engine, drive or exhaust version for about $85K.
No versions other than the full monty would have any Trident logos, Trident graphics or other goodies like the real trick billet stuff and logo'ed items. All would be replaced with blank parts of similar quality, but without quite the level of bling.
Wow...from no options to every conceivable configuration.......what gives???
gotta say there Wes for guys like me....the $42k option sounds great.
it also sounds like that would to open the door to LIC. the hull/infusion process out to other manufacturers....
HMMMMMM :idea: SK BOATS :supp: :D

spectras only
09-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Howard , Hondo etc.....had stage I II III options back in the 70's 80's . Didn't hurt their reputation on the hull :idea: .

jbtrailerjim
09-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Hey Wes,
Are you going to have a Trident on display at SEMA this year?

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Hey Wes,
Are you going to have a Trident on display at SEMA this year?
Almost certainly.

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't want my hull associated with any builds other then the factory build, unless an agreement was made with shops that would rig the boat to set standards.
Actually, that is precisely our problem. My standards are excruciating. I spend about three times the amount of time in rigging as I do in the rest of the build. Labor therefore is through the roof.
Essentially, I am in competition with boats that lack the concern over stuff I am concerned with. I feel this is a strong comprimise. Not everyone cares if the entire non-visible part of the boat is coated, detailed and rigged for show. I do though, and all of the Trident's are rigged thusly. There is no wood, 1/16" tolerances throughout the bulkheads and fitment, capped fronts, lots of billet, thoughtful layouts, premium quality components throughout... Some disturbingly big names in this industry use one type of electrical connector for the stuff under the dash (visible) and switch once it hits a bulkhead to a cheaper, easier to use connector. I can't get around dropping down to that philosophy to stay competetive, so this is a great way around that.
Rigged the way you want to rig it. The hull will be bombproof, gorgeous and with a lifetime warranty against structural defects and workmanship. It will also allow a lot of my friends who can't afford what I am building to get into our hull.
I think the idea has merit. Of course every option that we normally include with the Trident will be exactly that in this case... an option. Just like everyone else. The Revolution will not be diluted at all though, and you will know one from across the lake. If someone can out-rig my methods, do a better job than we are etc... I will hire them. Seriously.

jbtrailerjim
09-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Cool..I'm looking forward to checking one out in person. :cool:

phebus
09-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Wes, you are the kind of person that won't sleep unless, and until everything is perfect. I can't see you ever giving up on control of every Trident hull that is rigged.

wsuwrhr
09-21-2006, 10:12 AM
So there IS a way to get a twin turbo'ed Big Block Dodge between the stringers of a Trident.
I agree, most of the flatbottom builders offered different stages of build.
I don't know if I would take the Trident insignia off the boat though, they are still Tridents. I have a pretty good idea where to get the billet bling for MY Trident F-O-C(free of charge).

wsuwrhr
09-21-2006, 10:19 AM
You just wait until my 547ci PASSES up your 522ci like a shark eating up a minnow.
Brian
If someone can out-rig my methods, do a better job than we are etc... I will hire them. Seriously.

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Wes, you are the kind of person that won't sleep unless, and until everything is perfect. I can't see you ever giving up on control of every Trident hull that is rigged.
That is exactly why I am thinking about doing it. It is a very, very slow process building a boat my way, and decidedly not profitable to run a shop this size, with this many people, with this level of advancement in the composites end with a rigging department that crawls along. We are greatly restricted by this facet which was not forseen in planning and I am unwilling to comprimise on. By all rights, a boat built like this should be $250,000 or so. The market won't support as many of them at that price as I want to build, so we are looking for options.
Everything we send out the door will be at our quality level. That much is for certain. This type of construction will also allow me to apply a value to a lot of our trick stuff, like the front ramp, audio system, wiring harness, finishing the inside of the boat etc... so that people will have options with regard to how "finished" they want their own boats. There is a huge legitimate chance that I am the only one who cares about this stuff.

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 10:32 AM
I don't know if I would take the Trident insignia off the boat though, they are still Tridents. I have a pretty good idea where to get the billet bling for MY Trident F-O-C(free of charge).
They aren't though... They may be higher quality, they may be lower. That will be a matter of taste and discussion. Tridents will be rigged to completion by me though. We will come up with a different name for the phased versions.

superdave013
09-21-2006, 10:39 AM
I have a pretty good idea where to get the billet bling for MY Trident F-O-C(free of charge).
the hose is gonna cost ya though. lol :D :crossx: :D

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 10:51 AM
it also sounds like that would to open the door to LIC. the hull/infusion process out to other manufacturers....
HMMMMMM :idea: SK BOATS :supp: :D
We are already actively looking for boats from other manufacturers to build, and have some discussion going on with regard to some 19's being built cored and infused. Imagine 400# lake hulls built stronger than the 800# standard "lake" versions.

wsuwrhr
09-21-2006, 12:05 PM
I understand, any boat sent out of your shop in a "phased" version will not be a Trident "Revolution".
They aren't though... They may be higher quality, they may be lower. That will be a matter of taste and discussion. Tridents will be rigged to completion by me though. We will come up with a different name for the phased versions.

wsuwrhr
09-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Now that would be sweet, you and I talked about this some time ago.
I thought it would be a real asset to have a "light" raceboat that wasn't a layed up like a potatochip.
We are already actively looking for boats from other manufacturers to build, and have some discussion going on with regard to some 19's being built cored and infused. Imagine 400# lake hulls built stronger than the 800# standard "lake" versions.

wsuwrhr
09-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Don't worry there SD. I got a feeling I'll make sure your billet will cost you.
Brian

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Brian
I don't think either of you have anything to worry about. I don't know of anyone other than me that would use this amount of billet aluminum or $5,000 worth of plumbing on every boat standard. Last I checked, "cleats" were an option on most boats.

wsuwrhr
09-21-2006, 12:41 PM
OK,
I think we were just slap fighting anyways.
Back to talking about "Revolutions"
Brian
I don't think either of you have anything to worry about. I don't know of anyone other than me that would use this amount of billet aluminum or $5,000 worth of plumbing on every boat standard. Last I checked, "cleats" were an option on most boats.

superdave013
09-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Brian
I have piles and piles of 6061 sitting right here. ;)
Oh btw, I scored an old puter with an RS232 port. If all goes well I'll have it chatting with the CNC control this weekend.

superdave013
09-21-2006, 12:45 PM
OK,
I think we were just slap fighting anyways.
Back to talking about "Revolutions"
Brian
yes, that game of smack the short bald guy. :D LMAO

wsuwrhr
09-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh yea, SD.
It's that easy.
Brian
I have piles and piles of 6061 sitting right here. ;)
Oh btw, I scored an old puter with an RS232 port. If all goes well I'll have it chatting with the CNC control this weekend.

wsuwrhr
09-21-2006, 12:46 PM
yes, that game of smack the short fat guy. :D LMAO
I'll stand on one leg to make it fair for you.

Nautitwins2
09-21-2006, 12:48 PM
I really like the way these boats look, however the wife and I really do not need a $5000 stereo. I personally feel that you are doing the right thing. You can now access a new market.

VanDeano
09-21-2006, 12:49 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/786IMGP0558-thumb.JPG

superdave013
09-21-2006, 12:49 PM
You got that right. I think a Revolution plumbing kit would do 3 blown alky K boats.
With that said, LONG LIVE THE TWIN TURBO / DUAL JET TRIDENT! :)
boo merc I/O

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I really like the way these boats look, however the wife and I really do not need a $5000 stereo. I personally feel that you are doing the right thing. You can now access a new market.
Than you would hate the $15,000 I am going to be charging for that system a la carte... :D
Remember, I won't be rigging the boats without drives and such... The Revolution still comes only set on kill... this will provide some rigging options for those folks who have a favorite motor builder, would rather put in a pulse drive, save a bunch of money by rigging it themselves etc...
Our first boat was an 18' Sanger Super Jet. Classic bubble deck that we bought with interior, intake set, rubrail installed and steering/gauges done from the San Francisco boat show in 1978. Maybe this is just me being sentimental, but my Dad and I learned a lot building that boat, and though it was by no means to the standard we are building stuff to today, we sure had a blast in that boat.
I would buy an unrigged version personally. I would probably quickly regret it, learning quickly that the additional $75,000 would have been very well spent, but it is what it is.

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 01:10 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/786IMGP0558-thumb.JPG
Grand Sport. Hell yeah. That is "Admiral Blue" though. One of the cooler colors to ever go on a Vette.

Steamin' Rice
09-22-2006, 08:50 AM
I think I have seen that blue once or twice before...

boater4ever
09-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Mr. Inskeep, A quick question for you. Does your reference to the twin turbo jet drive mean that Trident will no longer be using the dual drive system? Is the twin turbo jet drive something new, perhaps something you have invented?
Thank you for your response.
Josh

79Challenger
09-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Mr. Inskeep, A quick question for you. Does your reference to the twin turbo jet drive mean that Trident will no longer be using the dual drive system? Is the twin turbo jet drive something new, perhaps something you have invented?
Josh
Pretty sure he is saying the Twin Turbo Motor with the jet drive.

wsuwrhr
09-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Josh
The twin turbo SINGLE engine-DUAL jet drive is something new.
Certainly not invented, more perhaps making dual jets into something common.
Brian

BajaMike
09-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Wes, is your website down?? I tried to go there and couldn't. I forgot what the back looks like.....would it take 1 or 2 outboards??? That might be a quick way to get one rigged and out the door.... :idea:

wsuwrhr
09-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Wes, is your website down?? I tried to go there and couldn't. I forgot what the back looks like.....would it take 1 or 2 outboards??? That might be a quick way to get one rigged and out the door.... :idea:
Website worked fine for me.
Trident Custom Boats (http://www.tridentboats.com)

wsuwrhr
09-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Wes, picture two on the home page......
All the passengers on the Revolution with the b/w city in the background....
Geez man, work out a bit, you are ruining the pretty scenery.
I'll be hiding in my garage hoping you don't sneak up and get all SEAL on me.
:argue: :argue:
Brian

ECeptor
09-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Froggy, put one (or two) of these little bad boys (http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/LS7-Crate-Engine-Small-Block-17802397-Coming-Fall-of-2005-P930C0.aspx?OVRAW=427%20crate%20small%20block&OVKEY=ls7%20crate%20engine&OVMTC=advanced) in your boat and call it good.
Light and powerful...just your style.

wsuwrhr
09-22-2006, 01:11 PM
...and 15 large to boot.
Froggy, put one (or two) of these little bad boys (http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/LS7-Crate-Engine-Small-Block-17802397-Coming-Fall-of-2005-P930C0.aspx?OVRAW=427%20crate%20small%20block&OVKEY=ls7%20crate%20engine&OVMTC=advanced) in your boat and call it good.
Light and powerful...just your style.

Terminal Velocity
09-22-2006, 01:31 PM
$12,999.99 at Jegs.
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&catalogIdentifier=Jegs_Direct&categoryId=29419&parentCategoryId=10763

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Josh
We are entertaining many different drive systems right now. The primary system we have been working with has been the Dual Drive jet, but there is all sorts of very cool stuff out there right now. We are looking at a Weismann surface drive to go behind the big motor, A Weismann counter-rotating surface drive that looks a bit like an Arneson to go behind the big motor, Single jets from American Turbine, 496/BravoXR packages to offer as a lower performance version if neccessary, Bravo 3 packages... you name it, we are looking at it.
We took a chunk out of an awful lot of development packages when designing this boat. We have lagged pretty far behind our projected completion dates at nearly every turn as a result. Some things we have come out way on top of. The engine development has been awesome. At the end of the trip, we have a very, very powerful engine that is costing us litle more than a 496HO to build. Lots of pitfalls on that development road, but with it behind us, we are sitting on a hell of a powerplant. The hull design, construction method and material selection was unique to our craft. There are no other deck boat hydros out there. There were (until this week) no other infused boats out there either. We pioneered that technology in our corner of the industry and have really dialed it in to the extreme. There is lots of room still, but we get better at it daily, and everyone else is at the beginning of the curve... if even there.
With regard to the drive, we have hit some snags in the end-phase of the development. We would like to see much higher top speeds out of our engine, but it is impossible to argue with the low-end performance of the drive. You aren't going to get both, and while I prefer the holeshot and ability to carry loads, there is a very large contingent of our clients who want to go faster than 75 and are asking for it. We are confident that this drive has it in her, but it needs more development to squeeze it out, and we need to build some boats.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Geez man, work out a bit, you are ruining the pretty scenery.
I'll be hiding in my garage hoping you don't sneak up and get all SEAL on me.
:argue: :argue:
Brian
Scenery looked good to me... ;)
I wouldn't worry about me "Getting all SEAL on you"... I would worry about me getting all Chuck Norris on you... :D

Boatlesss
09-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Why do you not just go with an Arneson rather than a drive that looks like an Arneson?
How about a Volvo Duo Prop?

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Why do you not just go with an Arneson rather than a drive that looks like an Arneson?
How about a Volvo Duo Prop?
I am really impressed with the stuff coming out of Weismann's shop. They have a very long history of building great stuff, and his surface drive would work with my existing crank centerline of 10.5". CG stays low, boat holeshots better. Plus, Pat is a great guy.
I have not looked seriously into the Arnesons, but probably will now that you mention it.
The trick is, Weismann's is counter rotating, so the holeshot is supposed to be spectacular.

wsuwrhr
09-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Scenery looked good to me... ;)
I wouldn't worry about me "Getting all SEAL on you"... I would worry about me getting all Chuck Norris on you... :D
That's the problem. YOU should have took the picture.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm killing myself.......
Shouldn't Chuck Norris be scared of a SEAL?
Chuck Norris is a pussy.
Brian

Boa1277
09-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Bravo Wes, I was wondering when you were going to open the envelope. I do give you props for holding out and really do think you gave the dual jet a good try, but right now the market is in the I/O big HP mode and with your hull, you should be able to really really set the boating world on it ear. I sure hope that boat handles speeds 120+ if it does you are going to be a very successfull boat builder. I think you will also see an increase in hull sales because of this.. Good Luck I cannot wait to see one of these bad ass boats with big power and a prop going 100+mph..

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Bravo Wes, I was wondering when you were going to open the envelope. I do give you props for holding out and really do think you gave the dual jet a good try, but right now the market is in the I/O big HP mode and with your hull, you should be able to really really set the boating world on it ear. I sure hope that boat handles speeds 120+ if it does you are going to be a very successfull boat builder. I think you will also see an increase in hull sales because of this.. Good Luck I cannot wait to see one of these bad ass boats with big power and a prop going 100+mph..
I am optimistic. But not as optimistic as Pat who is of the impression that we should be able to "limit it to 115 or so" with prop size!
I love jets, but I am really looking forward to setting the whole package on kill and seeing what she is good for. It is picking daisys at 78. Literally the most stable boat I have ever been on at that speed. Much faster boats have had a bit of "action" in the 70's and 80's to work through. This thing is rock solid.
Ah well... new page, right?

phebus
09-23-2006, 06:29 AM
It's a freakin' deck boat. Fast speeds are only good for the driver of the boat. The passengers want comfort. With the platform you have built, I think you are far better going the Lexus route rather then the Ferrari route. And don't give me the "Why not have the best of both worlds?" We've all seen how hybrids are just a compromise of both sides.

Froggystyle
09-23-2006, 10:04 AM
It's a freakin' deck boat. Fast speeds are only good for the driver of the boat. The passengers want comfort. With the platform you have built, I think you are far better going the Lexus route rather then the Ferrari route. And don't give me the "Why not have the best of both worlds?" We've all seen how hybrids are just a compromise of both sides.
I hear you, but this is a brave new market bro. I have made the same argument over and over, but people don't seem to care about holeshot when purchasing a boat. They only ask about top speed. My usual reply is "How fast is your Escalade?" Of course they never know, and for good reason... that isn't the point of an Escalade!
The big deal is that we are going to offer options. It will raise the price of the pimped out one as a result, but will allow us to move some more boats through the shop. Fact is, I can't wait to put a 496HO into this thing and show everyone exactly what 2,000 pounds lighter means to your performance envelope.
You will now have the option of all of them. Jet drive, stern drive, surface drive, pulse drive, counter rotating surface drive etc... All I know for sure is, when it is all said and done, I feel we will sell more jets than anything else.

boater4ever
09-24-2006, 04:14 AM
We are entertaining many different drive systems right now. The primary system we have been working with has been the Dual Drive jet, but there is all sorts of very cool stuff out there right now. We are looking at a Weismann surface drive to go behind the big motor, A Weismann counter-rotating surface drive that looks a bit like an Arneson to go behind the big motor, Single jets from American Turbine, 496/BravoXR packages to offer as a lower performance version if neccessary, Bravo 3 packages... you name it, we are looking at it.
We took a chunk out of an awful lot of development packages when designing this boat. We have lagged pretty far behind our projected completion dates at nearly every turn as a result. Some things we have come out way on top of. The engine development has been awesome. At the end of the trip, we have a very, very powerful engine that is costing us litle more than a 496HO to build. Lots of pitfalls on that development road, but with it behind us, we are sitting on a hell of a powerplant. The hull design, construction method and material selection was unique to our craft. There are no other deck boat hydros out there. There were (until this week) no other infused boats out there either. We pioneered that technology in our corner of the industry and have really dialed it in to the extreme. There is lots of room still, but we get better at it daily, and everyone else is at the beginning of the curve... if even there.
With regard to the drive, we have hit some snags in the end-phase of the development. We would like to see much higher top speeds out of our engine, but it is impossible to argue with the low-end performance of the drive. You aren't going to get both, and while I prefer the holeshot and ability to carry loads, there is a very large contingent of our clients who want to go faster than 75 and are asking for it. We are confident that this drive has it in her, but it needs more development to squeeze it out, and we need to build some boats.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you for replying. I appologize if my formality offended you, that was not my intent. American English is not my native language.
Your projects sound most interesting and I wish you luck with them.

Froggystyle
09-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Thank you for replying. I appologize if my formality offended you, that was not my intent. American English is not my native language.
Your projects sound most interesting and I wish you luck with them.
No offense taken whatsoever. I am flattered that our boat got you posting!
Let me know if you have any questions, or feel free to call the shop at (619) 448-8584