PDA

View Full Version : Counter top Ice Makers................

Rod-64
09-23-2006, 01:36 AM
Anyone use these????
Any brand info.....pros/cons?
The IM went out in the fridge so I was thinking of getting one...makes ice like in 7 minutes or something.
Thanks! :boxed:

Rod-64
09-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Something like this...........$170.00
http://www.air-n-water.com/photos/3163-3m.jpg
Model: NewAir AI-200W PerfectCube Ice Maker
Makes Ice in less than 7 minutes
Freezes up to 25 pounds of ice per day
Stores up to 2 pounds of ice at a time
Freezes three different ice cube sizes
Never make a mess - No drain required
Weight: 38 pounds
Dimensions: 16"h x 14 1/8"w x 16"d
Energy - 115 Volts, 60 Hertz, 150 Watts, 3.5 Amps
Use tap or bottled water
Has easy to use soft touch controls
Warranty: 1 year limited (90 days labor / 1 year parts)
Color = White

Hal
09-23-2006, 04:57 AM
My ice maker went out to and this looks like a great replacement. Checked it out online and it looks like Home Depot has them under the Magic Chef name. They are listed at $199.00 but you save the $40.00 shipping you would pay if you were to purchase it on line. Plus much easier to return if something goes wrong. I am going see if the local store has one today. Be great at the river house. Should pay for itself in a couple of months in savings from buying bagged ice and thats not counting the gas savings from not having to run down to circle K or Manor market all the time. :boxed:

riverbound
09-23-2006, 07:23 AM
We have one of the home depot ones at the river house and bigbear. They make ice pretty quickly, but not fast enough to load up ice chests, etc... We still buy bagged ice for the coolers and use the ice maker for cocktails.

LUVNLIFE
09-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Jen just bought one from Costco for $150. Makes three sizes, every seven minutes. She bought to put in the motorhome and like it was said before you prob won't be filling up icechests with it but it will keep up while drinking cocktails nicely. Brand is a Mr.Freeze. It looks almost the same as the stainless steel one that camping world sells. :cool:

Hal
09-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Yea...I thought about that, but it does make 33 lbs a day and I have a small freezer that gets very little use and would make a good storage bin for about a 100 lbs of ice cubes.
Just checked Costco and their site says $189.for the ice maker. Thats still
10 bucks lower than Home depot.