PDA

View Full Version : Fall--Laughlin River RUn

DILLIGAF
09-25-2006, 08:53 AM
FYI---I just thought I would put this up for some of you bike riders. I won't be there for it myself though. It is growing a bit as they are trying to get this established in the fall. I have been there the last few years. If you are going to be out there might as well bring your bike and check it out.
Anyhow:
http://www.laughlinruntofun.com/main/schedule.html

AirtimeLavey
09-26-2006, 08:53 AM
How big is this event? Do you think it will take over the town? Doesn't sound like it's that big, yet. Seems like a mellower crowd than the other River Run? I may be out there that w/e, and don't want to have to worry about my boat, but def. want to check it out. :cool:

DILLIGAF
09-26-2006, 09:08 AM
How big is this event? Do you think it will take over the town? Doesn't sound like it's that big, yet. Seems like a mellower crowd than the other River Run? I may be out there that w/e, and don't want to have to worry about my boat, but def. want to check it out. :cool:
Not real big but it is growing. Primarily it is at the RIverside with vendors and bike parking. Don Laughlin is pushing this so it is a good bet that as time goes on it will continue to grow. In the spring run it is all for "profit" whereas this run is supposed to be non-profit as they donate the proceeds (or a major share of it) to various groups. I think the Boys and Girls Clubs get money from this. In other words it is for a worthy cause.
You won't have to worry about your boat any more than usual.

AirtimeLavey
09-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Not real big but it is growing. Primarily it is at the RIverside with vendors and bike parking. Don Laughlin is pushing this so it is a good bet that as time goes on it will continue to grow. In the spring run it is all for "profit" whereas this run is supposed to be non-profit as they donate the proceeds (or a major share of it) to various groups. I think the Boys and Girls Clubs get money from this. In other words it is for a worthy cause.
You won't have to worry about your boat any more than usual.
Sounds like a good time, and a worthy cause. Looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for the info. Btw, going to be playing golf at L.R. and the Avi that w/e. Probably, be mostly donating golf balls to L.R. :220v:

DILLIGAF
09-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Sounds like a good time, and a worthy cause. Looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for the info. Btw, going to be playing golf at L.R. and the Avi that w/e. Probably, be mostly donating golf balls to L.R. :220v:
I have never played LR. Golf for the past few years just hasn't cut it for me. Just seems I can do a lot of other things with the 6 hours. One of these days I will go play LR though. Still have my clubs out there in BH, just haven't used them.
Have fun

Big Kahunaa
09-26-2006, 10:20 AM
my buddy is going to be doing pinstriping over there stop by and check him out his biz name is VOODOO PINSTRIPING