PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Elbow - No wake zone

thumbs
09-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Curised through there yesterday and it was very nice. Water was calm, no loud boats blazing through throwing off a big wake. You could just float through and enjoy the gorge.

mbrown2
09-25-2006, 09:17 AM
As it should be...:)

Havasu_Dreamin
09-25-2006, 09:17 AM
That's bsaically the same response I've heard from a number of people about it.

WYRD
09-25-2006, 09:18 AM
is it just the elbow or the entire gorge?

77 Hallett
09-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Curised through there yesterday and it was very nice. Water was calm, no loud boats blazing through throwing off a big wake. You could just float through and enjoy the gorge.
I agree. Cruised through it on Fri and Sat last week. Enjoyed it very much. Everybody was bitching about it and it's not even that far. I guess people are in too much of a hurry at the river. I don't know what for, you're at the phockin river, relax and enjoy it.

77 Hallett
09-25-2006, 09:20 AM
is it just the elbow or the entire gorge?
just the elbow, maybe 3 hundred yards or so.

RitcheyRch
09-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Ditto.
As it should be...:)

RiverToysJas
09-25-2006, 09:36 AM
just the elbow, maybe 3 hundred yards or so.
It's longer than that.....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3730nowakezone.jpg
And to put it in perspective...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3730nowake2.jpg
RTJas :D

Jesster
09-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Its about 3/4 mile, so about 1320 yards. :p :boxed:

WYRD
09-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Should make a nice change :idea: It used to get crazy in there

Hardly Satisfied
09-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Well said

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 12:12 PM
You cruised thru in nice cool temps, with no boats out there.
Wait until its 120 and filled with boats and you are dying of the heat and cant get wet.
IT SUCKS....

shadow
09-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Wait until its 120 and filled with boats and you are dying of the heat and cant get wet.
IT SUCKS....
Kilr,doesn't take a DCB owner to figure this one out. :rolleyes:
Stop before the no wake zone and take a dip in the water to cool off if you are that hot and can't make it through the no wake zone. :rollside:

Hardly Satisfied
09-25-2006, 12:26 PM
IT SUCKS....
Yes it would suck, but knowing that one mishap is all it takes. too many people die on the water as it is already. lifes to short already.

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Kilr,doesn't take a DCB owner to figure this one out. :rolleyes:
Stop before the no wake zone and take a dip in the water to cool off if you are that hot and can't make it through the no wake zone. :rollside:
Thanks I would have never thought of that one,
So now we have a lot of boats right infront of the no wake zone with a bunch of people cooling off, swimming around causing a more dangerous situation.

thumbs
09-25-2006, 12:38 PM
IT SUCKS....
Actually I have never seen so many boats just floating and enjoying the gorge as we did yesterday.
Are you saying that you can't get in the water in the no wake zone?

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Actually I have never seen so many boats just floating and enjoying the gorge as we did yesterday.
Are you saying that you can't get in the water in the no wake zone?
Try that during the summer when its packed, im sure you would think twice about it....

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-25-2006, 12:45 PM
I know, bring a couple spare bottles of water and mark them "FOr Gorge Use Only" then when you get hot while idling thru the gorge, you and your passengers can splash water all over each other. :rollside:

mbrown2
09-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Try that during the summer when its packed, im sure you would think twice about it....
Taking a dip around a bunch on boats floating side by side at current speed is pretty much the way the river has been since I went there the first time in 74......I feel more safe taking a dip in a no wake zone then in the middle of the lake in a speed zone..
This is still the way it is in front of our house in Parker and its not even a no wake zone....common mostly prevails...:)

OCMerrill
09-25-2006, 01:15 PM
You just described every time we go to the river...called the Parker Strip. And floating can get a bit nerve racking.
Its allot less risky down by bluewater in the no wake zone.
Next Sunday were going to go on Havazoo and make a run up to Topock. We will get to experience it first hand. Haven't been off Parker in 5 years or more.

thumbs
09-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Wouldn't think twice. It's more dangerous just floating down river next to your boat when some a-hole passes by at 50mph just 20 feet from you when you have 3 flags raised.
You have 50+ miles from dam to dam and the entire lake to drop the hammer and go as fast as you like. We are talking about 1/2 mile. Peolpe cruise through the channel when it's 120 so it think folks will survive.
Haters can just stay away............

Jyruiz
09-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Would'nt think twice. It's more dangerous just floating down river next to your boat when some a-hole passes by at 50mph just 20 ffeet rom you when you have 3 flags raised.
You have 50+ miles from dam to dam and the entire lake to drop the hammer and go as fast as you like. We are talking about 1/2 mile. Peolpe cruise through the channel when it's 120 so it think folks will survive.
The channel is also a longer no wake zone than the elbow.

It's Only Money
09-25-2006, 01:31 PM
The channel is also a longer no wake zone than the elbow.
I'd guess Thompson's Bay is also longer than the elbow and is all no wake zone.

Nucking futs
09-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Well Kilrtoy, it's really nice now that it's a no wake zone !!! Hell we had a small group of "little" boats cruise there this weekend and we could finnally make it through without one of you ballers swamping us. So if your worried about the heat and $hit,go to the ocean and boat and give the RIVER back to the boats that belong on it.
Im off my soap box, Have a nice day.

shockwavebd
09-25-2006, 01:40 PM
go to the ocean and boat and give the RIVER back to the boats that belong on it.
Oh please.......................... :cry:

Nucking futs
09-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Im not the one crying here, I could but im bigger then that. All you big boats that tear it up all weekend long is the reason it was made a no wake zone.

INSman
09-25-2006, 01:47 PM
exactly !!! :)
are we all supposed to be driving 18' potato chips ??

Nucking futs
09-25-2006, 01:52 PM
exactly !!! :)
are we all supposed to be driving 18' potato chips ??
Mines 19' and the other is more of a pringle which is a tad bit thicker and that ones a 20'.
You know I could really careless about this because i boat the lower river anyways. Takes a big sack to drive a potato chip anyways.

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Well Kilrtoy, it's really nice now that it's a no wake zone !!! Hell we had a small group of "little" boats cruise there this weekend and we could finnally make it through without one of you ballers swamping us. So if your worried about the heat and $hit,go to the ocean and boat and give the RIVER back to the boats that belong on it.
That little 19' of yours makes a bigger wakes than mine, So I guess its you who will be leaving

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Mines 19' and the other is more of a pringle which is a tad bit thicker and that ones a 20'.
You know I could really careless about this because i boat the lower river anyways. Takes a big sack to drive a potato chip anyways.
If you could care less than why are you chiming in....
sack of what , sack of shit maybe.....

Ziggy
09-25-2006, 02:01 PM
IT SUCKS....
You prefer Infomil or Similac in your bottle? Stop crying, as if you never have cruised thru the channal and ThompsonBay in the heat. :rolleyes:

The Jerk
09-25-2006, 02:01 PM
sack of potatoe chips DUh. hahaha.

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Wouldn't think twice. It's more dangerous just floating down river next to your boat when some a-hole passes by at 50mph just 20 feet from you when you have 3 flags raised.
Haters can just stay away............
and I do my best to not go into the channel.
how about we just place, say, a, 5mph zone in the middle of the freeway, just fo the fock of it. im sure everyone will love it. This way they can see the pretty sound wall that was built. hell lets build parking stalls on the side so people can enjoy all the nice cars that pass by
:boxed:

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 02:05 PM
You prefer Infomil or Similac in your bottle? Stop crying, as if you never have cruised thru the channal and ThompsonBay in the heat. :rolleyes:
I prefer it straight from the breast

Nucking futs
09-25-2006, 02:14 PM
If you could care less than why are you chiming in....
sack of what , sack of shit maybe.....
Ball sack, you know, the thing your Lacking.
Your right why am i chiming in, Maybe because I like to tease the cry babies :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jyruiz
09-25-2006, 02:17 PM
and I do my best to not go into the channel.
how about we just place, say, a, 5mph zone in the middle of the freeway, just fo the fock of it. im sure everyone will love it. This way they can see the pretty sound wall that was built. hell lets build parking stalls on the side so people can enjoy all the nice cars that pass by
:boxed:
C'mon Kilrtoy, you can't really compare the elbow to a freeway now can you? The elbow has some real nice scenery, unlike any FWY I have ever been on here in So Cal. Plus there are 5MPH zones on these FWY's, they are there every time somebody pulls over or there is an accident. All the damn nosy people slow down to see what is going on. :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Wow! This thread took a turn I didn't expect. :argue:
The gorge is one of my favorite sections of the river. I am looking forward to cruising thru again. :rollside:
Now back to your regularly scheduled bickering! :rollside:

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Ball sack, you know, the thing your Lacking.
Your right why am i chiming in, Maybe because I like to tease the cry babies :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh lord, you need a ball sack to drive a slow boat, ok you win....

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 02:23 PM
C'mon Kilrtoy, you can't really compare the elbow to a freeway now can you? The elbow has some real nice scenery, unlike any FWY I have ever been on here in So Cal. Plus there are 5MPH zones on these FWY's, they are there every time somebody pulls over or there is an accident. All the damn nosy people slow down to see what is going on. :)
You are right the freeway is more dangerous and they just keep raising the speed limit... :boxed:

Nucking futs
09-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Oh lord, you need a ball sack to drive a slow boat, ok you win....
Maybe slow, but it gets there quick.
When I grow up, I want to be just like you.

VanDeano
09-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey, hey, hey, I boat on the ocean and we have our own problems. So please don't send us more.... :p

phebus
09-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Ha Ha Ha, this thread is cracking me up :rollside:

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey, hey, hey, I boat on the ocean and we have our own problems. So please don't send us more.... :p
Don't worry about it, he has a big sack , he knows what he is doing....

Keith E. Sayre
09-25-2006, 03:01 PM
Phebus: after yesterdays events I figured you'd still be in the bag! How's
the head feelin?
Keith Sayre

thumbs
09-25-2006, 03:04 PM
how about we just place, say, a, 5mph zone in the middle of the freeway, just fo the fock of it.
Sometimes they do. It's called a construction zone and it's for saftey reasons. Kinda like no running in the halls.

Debbolas
09-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Maybe slow, but it gets there quick.
What the hell does this mean?
I'm just curious.................. :rolleyes:

Nord
09-25-2006, 03:15 PM
I like the no wake idea, it makes you appreciate the scenery but when they are letting water in, there is no way you can keep your boat at a complete no wake speed to get through there....
~NORD~

Nucking futs
09-25-2006, 03:16 PM
What the hell does this mean?
I'm just curious.................. :rolleyes:
It means its quick not fast.... It only went 137 mph, but it got there in about 8 seconds,

phebus
09-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Phebus: after yesterdays events I figured you'd still be in the bag! How's
the head feelin?
Keith Sayre
Oh, it's fine. Even though we went all over the place, moderation, and a designated driver were the key. I used to see you all the time before I moved here full time, and now that I'm here, I never see you. I have to stop by, and take you out to lunch.
Rick

Keith E. Sayre
09-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Phebus: sounds great! sorry for the little hijack.
Keith Sayre

Danhercules
09-25-2006, 03:55 PM
I know, bring a couple spare bottles of water and mark them "FOr Gorge Use Only" then when you get hot while idling thru the gorge, you and your passengers can splash water all over each other. :rollside:
And get water in the boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. NO WAY!!!!
Heck, I empty my ice chest water in the boat. Gotta make sure the pumps work! LOL

Danhercules
09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
That little 19' of yours makes a bigger wakes than mine, So I guess its you who will be leaving
I am lost at this one. I could see it at WOT, but the big problem small jets have is when the bigger boats are getting on and off plane. Then a 30' cat puts out a HUGE wake.

rivercrazy
09-25-2006, 04:04 PM
What ever happened to tolerance? Boaters are boaters regardless. Aren't we all bro's out there?
I give respect the 18'ers as much as the 38'ers. I give the smaller boats even more respect cause I could potentially swamp them. Its all about treating others as you want to be treated out there.
Its VACATION guys...Its supposed to be about fun.
As for the no wake zone - I personally think that area is AWESOME. And as for cooling off, if you can't take a few yards of no wake zone, you don't belong in Havi during the summer anyway.....

Ultrafied
09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
As for the no wake zone - I personally think that area is AWESOME. And as for cooling off, if you can't take a few yards of no wake zone, you don't belong in Havi during the summer anyway.....
Nicely said .... :D

77charger
09-25-2006, 05:08 PM
must be an end of summer thing now that people are crying and complaining now.
More like the typical ***boat.com as we know it.As for the no wake zone so what its only a short distance and like said earlier people cruise thru the channel at 5mph looking like the 405/101 interchange.If you dont,like the no wake zone boat elsewhere i dont care for havasu anyways so i go elsewhere too.

shadow
09-25-2006, 05:15 PM
What ever happened to tolerance? Boaters are boaters regardless. Aren't we all bro's out there?
I give respect the 18'ers as much as the 38'ers. I give the smaller boats even more respect cause I could potentially swamp them. Its all about treating others as you want to be treated out there.
Agreed & personally it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they no waked the stretch in front of the Sand Bar.Way to many idiots racing past in a crowded area.
Not to mention the wake it throws at all the boats parked and anchored .
Bash away.

shueman
09-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Agreed & personally it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they no waked the stretch in front of the Sand Bar.Way to many idiots racing past in a crowded area.
Bash away.
I agree....from the south turn up around the northern bend.....just gets too crazy on week-ends.... :cool:

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 05:35 PM
I think all boats under 100MPH should be banned and forced to launch at the Marina and stay in the channel. :idea: :boxed: :rollside:

squirt'nmyload
09-25-2006, 05:41 PM
well said...getting swamped sucks......you must've owned a jet before!!!!

77charger
09-25-2006, 05:54 PM
I think all boats under 100MPH should be banned and forced to launch at the Marina and stay in the channel. :idea: :boxed: :rollside:
Aint that what all 100mph plus boats do anyways.LOL :crossx:

thumbs
09-25-2006, 05:54 PM
It's not about how fast your a boat CAN go. It's about how fast boats do go reguardless of size through that area.
No one is picking on you and your big fast boat.

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 05:55 PM
That one wins right there

Old Man Havasu
09-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Now thats funny!
It takes a bunch of fuel to run to Topock!
And I think all that soot build up on the transom of a "Hot Boat" after idling through the channel six times is a good look! :p :p

Havasu_Dreamin
09-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Very well said, as always.....

Second "PLACE"
09-25-2006, 08:09 PM
LMAO! I've seen more 100mph rigs in the channel sitting than 18 foot jets this past season for sure.

phebus
09-25-2006, 08:15 PM
LMAO! I've seen more 100mph rigs in the channel sitting than 18 foot jets this past season for sure.
I've seen a lot of 100mph rigs at the gas station :D

slowinhavasu
09-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Lol...... :)

Jordy
09-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Then a 30' cat puts out a HUGE wake.
You think Mygurl knows about the wake that a 30' cat puts out??? :idea: :D
And why 30' focker??? :D :D :D

Mrs.Killer
09-25-2006, 09:10 PM
It sounds like all you girls are crying. When are you little bitches going to learn that he will always have a differnt opinion than you.... :rolleyes:

Mrs.Killer
09-25-2006, 09:12 PM
You can't be serious right????

Jordy
09-25-2006, 09:16 PM
So if your worried about the heat and $hit,go to the ocean and boat and give the RIVER back to the boats that belong on it.
C'mon now, don't you know he has a DCLB and they're not allowed in the ocean per the Kool Aid rule book. :D :D :D

Jyruiz
09-25-2006, 09:16 PM
You can't be serious right????
About comparing the elbow to a FWY or the 5mph zone on the FWY?

Mrs.Killer
09-25-2006, 09:17 PM
It's not about how fast your a boat CAN go. It's about how fast boats do go reguardless of size through that area.
No one is picking on you and your big fast boat.
You and your boat must not be a fan of speed.....

Mrs.Killer
09-25-2006, 09:19 PM
About comparing the elbow to a FWY or the 5mph zone on the FWY?
We have a winner here.....elbow to the fwy

Mrs.Killer
09-25-2006, 09:19 PM
C'mon now, don't you know he has a DCLB and they're not allowed in the ocean per the Kool Aid rule book. :D :D :D
You got that right :rollside: :rollside:

Jyruiz
09-25-2006, 09:23 PM
We have a winner here.....elbow to the fwy
Hey, I am not the one comparing the elbow scenery to a FWY block wall.

djunkie
09-25-2006, 09:26 PM
RD SUX! :D

Mrs.Killer
09-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey, I am not the one comparing the elbow scenery to a FWY block wall.
Like i said before, you can't think he is serious...well second thought, maybe you can :rolleyes:

djunkie
09-25-2006, 09:28 PM
KILR SUX TOO! :crossx: :crossx:

Jyruiz
09-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Like i said before, you can't think he is serious...well second thought, maybe you can :rolleyes:
I don't know him to know what he really means, like you said, he always has a different opinion.

Mrs.Killer
09-25-2006, 09:32 PM
KILR SUX TOO! :crossx: :crossx:
ya think.... :)

Huckleberry
09-25-2006, 11:04 PM
My boat at speed puts off less than your little boat does going upstream through the elbow at idle. So it is you who is swamping the little boats, not as you say "the ballers."

Nord
09-25-2006, 11:26 PM
Bash away.
I agree 1000%

Hardly Satisfied
09-26-2006, 01:26 AM
Bash away.
Very well Darrell, If they don't like go somewere else to boat

Hardly Satisfied
09-26-2006, 01:26 AM
I agree....from the south turn up around the northern bend.....just gets too crazy on week-ends.... :cool:
Way to crazy

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 06:29 AM
Very well Darrell, If they don't like go somewere else to boat
Why would you continue to anchore there then???? This happens every weekend :rolleyes: Maybe you and all the other slow boats should go to Perris and boat.

shadow
09-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Yeah ED! If you can't portay the image go to Perris. :)

Ziggy
09-26-2006, 07:16 AM
It sounds like all you girls are crying. When are you little bitches going to learn that he will always have a differnt opinion than you.... :rolleyes:
I wasn't the one crying, Miguel was so I offered him some similac but he preferred your udders(or at least I assumed it was yours).......can't say I blame him.;)
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
And I TOTALLY agree with Shaddow that the stretch past the Sandbar should be wakeless...that ought to upset ol' Kilr :cool:

phebus
09-26-2006, 07:23 AM
I think they need a floating bar in the wakeless area
I think the wakeless area should be a designated "topless" area
I think small boats should swamp big boats
I think 100mph owners should have to buy drinks
I think I should go now :rollside:
Random thoughts :idea:

Arkansas
09-26-2006, 07:38 AM
The sound of a big block idling thru would be music to my ears...

Hardly Satisfied
09-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Why would you continue to anchore there then???? This happens every weekend :rolleyes: Maybe you and all the other slow boats should go to Perris and boat.
Excuse the F**K out of me I didn't know this was the 100mph club

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 08:01 AM
I wasn't the one crying, Miguel was so I offered him some similac but he preferred your udders(or at least I assumed it was yours).......can't say I blame him.;)
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
And I TOTALLY agree with Shaddow that the stretch past the Sandbar should be wakeless...that ought to upset ol' Kilr :cool:
So then don't cry when Miguel gives you his opinion.... :cry: Of course you agree with Shadow, if you don't you might get your ass kicked :rolleyes:

The Jerk
09-26-2006, 08:08 AM
Random thoughts :idea:bwhahahahah. i like these coments...

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Don't get all upset, your excused.....

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Random thoughts :idea:
Now this is comedy.........I love your thoughts :rollside:

Keith E. Sayre
09-26-2006, 08:20 AM
I think Phebus should run for president after those comments oh and the
chief of police in San Francisco should be his running mate for VP.
Keith Sayre
(oh and if you didnt' see the Chiefs speech on the internet, take the time
to watch it, it's on HB Sandbar)

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 08:22 AM
Mrs Killer
Can you please give Mygurl his balls back.....
I think their still in your mouth....

Hardly Satisfied
09-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Don't get all upset, your excused.....
thank you

Captain Dan
09-26-2006, 08:52 AM
The sound of a big block idling thru would be music to my ears...
That's the kicker - the no wake zone is also being used to slow down boat traffic so the LEO's can get a good look at everyone, for potential BUI's and for noise violations. There are a lot of people on these boards have been ticketed at that location for noise.

Arkansas
09-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Much props to them checking for the BUI's.....we should all wish them off the water. If someone ordered a new boat with a switchable/captains call type exhaust the big beer can from the sky wouldn't fall on them would it?

thumbs
09-26-2006, 09:13 AM
You and your boat must not be a fan of speed.....
Do you understand what you read? See how I put the word "CAN" in all capital letters. That means that there is an emphasis on that word. Do I need to explain the rest to you?
Do you have your own opinion on this or do you just share your husbands?

thumbs
09-26-2006, 09:20 AM
That's the kicker - the no wake zone is also being used to slow down boat traffic so the LEO's can get a good look at everyone, for potential BUI's and for noise violations.
You KNOW this or is this just a guess based on nothing?
I wouldn't care If two LE boats pulled up on either side of me at the beach and parked it for the day. I'm not breaking any laws so I have nothing to worry about.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Do you understand what you read? See how I put the word "CAN" in all capital letters. That means that there is an emphasis on that word. Do I need to explain the rest to you?
I think she made fun of you and it was pretty damn fun, You just missed it

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't care If two LE boats pulled up on either side of me at the beach and parked it for the day. I'm not breaking any laws so I have nothing to worry about.
OK.............
im sure you go on vacation to relax and sit and have the cops next to you all day and everyday....
Its sad that one persons opinion has upset the whole boards. Cant think different anymore, Next mule please stand up...

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 09:26 AM
No it doesnt
I wasn't the one crying, Miguel was so I offered him some similac but he preferred your udders:
But I think that is alittle more than uncalled for...

Nucking futs
09-26-2006, 09:26 AM
My boat at speed puts off less than your little boat does going upstream through the elbow at idle. So it is you who is swamping the little boats, not as you say "the ballers."
And you would now this how? all in perception and yours would be wrong.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 09:27 AM
And you would now this how? all in perception and yours would be wrong.
I agree with him, your chine walking water pushing V bottom type boat makes bigger wakes..

Nucking futs
09-26-2006, 09:29 AM
I agree with him, your chine walking water pushing V bottom type boat makes bigger wakes..
sorry, they are tunnel boats.

Captain Dan
09-26-2006, 09:29 AM
I don't care if they are there either - I have mufflers and I don't boat under the influence. Based on accounts by others (verbal) and what I have read, it seems to be the case. The noise tix are being handed out by the Game and Fish people for the effect it has on wildlife, from what I understand.

Ziggy
09-26-2006, 09:32 AM
So then don't cry when Miguel gives you his opinion.... :cry: Once again dear, I wasn't the one crying, just offering up a nippled bottle :) Of course you agree with Shadow, if you don't you might get your ass kicked :rolleyes: Huh? Where did a comment like that come from??? and why? :rolleyes:
Any opinion I might share would improve safe boating for all others.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 09:34 AM
I don't care if they are there either - I have mufflers and I don't boat under the influence. Based on accounts by others (verbal) and what I have read, it seems to be the case. The noise tix are being handed out by the Game and Fish people for the effect it has on wildlife, from what I understand.
based on their actions and the direct words of them F& G,they are not their for DUI enforcement. They are there to ensure no one hurts the little fishes ears

Ziggy
09-26-2006, 09:38 AM
But I think that is alittle more than uncalled for...
I appologize if its uncalled for but I was reiterating what you said with words from the dictionary..
Not meant to be derogatory in any way.

Captain Dan
09-26-2006, 09:40 AM
based on their actions and the direct words of them F& G,they are not their for DUI enforcement. They are there to ensure no one hurts the little fishes ears
time will tell relative to the other agencies - it's perfect opportunity for them to have a closer look - and I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Im not the one crying here, I could but im bigger then that. All you big boats that tear it up all weekend long is the reason it was made a no wake zone.
you have got to be kidding

shadow
09-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Huh? Where did a comment like that come from??? and why? :rolleyes:
Thanks,I was kind of wondering the same thing? :confused:

thumbs
09-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Just wanted to know what you based your opinion on. Seems like you have some valid points.

thumbs
09-26-2006, 09:49 AM
I think she made fun of you and it was pretty damn fun, You just missed it
Make fun of me? Why would she do that? Because I have a smaller slower boat they you guys do?
My feeling are hurt.............lol

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Does it matter? I have my own, i have disagreed with him and i just won't comment on it....

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Once again dear, I wasn't the one crying, just offering up a nippled bottle :) Huh? Where did a comment like that come from??? and why? :rolleyes:
Do you belive everything you read on line??? I knew my comment would get under your skin... :rollside:

Bradman
09-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Hey Hardly Satisfied. I guess we'll see each other out at Perris next weekend? :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: lol

JB in so cal
09-26-2006, 10:21 AM
This thread is about a no wake zone, right? :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 10:27 AM
This thread is about a no wake zone, right? :rolleyes:
NO, WRONG, its about my answer that noone likes.....
so i have no balls, im a pussy, I need to boat some where else now.
this is now the eastern block, noone can have different opinions

djunkie
09-26-2006, 10:56 AM
NO, WRONG, its about my answer that noone likes.....
so i have no balls, im a pussy, I need to boat some where else now.
this is now the eastern block, noone can have different opinions
Dammm. It took you long enough to figure all that out. Geez. I thought I was gonna have to tell you. :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:

Havasu47
09-26-2006, 11:00 AM
It seem that every time there is a discussion someone always turns it into a big boat / little boat thing. ALMOST everyone boats for the same reason.... enjoying friends, boating, water, scenery.....etc
Just enjoy the lake and what it has to offer

Ziggy
09-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Do you belive everything you read on line??? I knew my comment would get under your skin... :rollside:
ROTFLMAO...........You actually think that got under my skin?? :p :p
Old grandpa Zig has thick skin. Mosquito's don't even like me :D
I'll save my(and others') comments about watching a twin OB DCB making high speed passes near other peeps.
Back on topic.
The wakeless zone at Devil elbow was long over due. I've had to dodge a few 100mph boats ripping through there encroaching my right of way. Fan of speed I am but it is better applied in other sections of the river/lake.

That Guy
09-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Nicely stated....I think this "my boat goes 100 and your doesn't" is just as ridiculous as it sounds....this truly is a beautiful part of the river that I had never taken the time to enjoy since we were usually blasting through.....and I always agree with Darell for obvious ass kicking reasons.... :crossx:
Speaking of Darrell....nice to hang with you this weekend :rollside: ....back to your regularly scheduled programming.... :rollside:

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 11:53 AM
It seem that every time there is a discussion someone always turns it into a big boat / little boat thing. ALMOST everyone boats for the same reason.... enjoying friends, boating, water, scenery.....etc
Exactly........................................... ......big boat, little boat

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 11:59 AM
ROTFLMAO...........You actually think that got under my skin?? :p :p
Old grandpa Zig has thick skin. Mosquito's don't even like me :D
I'll save my(and others') comments about watching a twin OB DCB making high speed passes near other peeps.
Back on topic.
The wakeless zone at Devil elbow was long over due. I've had to dodge a few 100mph boats ripping through there encroaching my right of way. Fan of speed I am but it is better applied in other sections of the river/lake.
Ok Gramps, so you like my high speed passes. :rollside:

Ziggy
09-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Ok Gramps, so you like my high speed passes. :rollside:
:) Hey I'm married, don't be making passes at me ;) :)...... :p
No harm no foul........all in good fun Yvonne. Just keep on smiling and having fun days on the water, thats what its all about.
and like I said, I'll keep those Speed Pass comments to myself, this thread is about Devils Elbow, not speed passes near the 40.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 12:46 PM
:) Hey I'm married, don't be making passes at me ;) :)...... :p
No harm no foul........all in good fun Yvonne. Just keep on smiling and having fun days on the water, thats what its all about.
and like I said, I'll keep those Speed Pass comments to myself, this thread is about Devils Elbow, not speed passes near the 40.
No talk of the high speed passes in this slow moving thread :boxed:

disco_charger
09-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Not much common sense either. :)

havaduner
09-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Slow moving thread? I thinks it hilarious that a thread started yesterday about a 1/2 mile portion of river set up as a no wake zone has turned into 6 pages of flaming each other. Keep it up, its slow in the office today, I need a good laugh!!!!!

GBarron97
09-26-2006, 04:55 PM
I've read this whole thread twice and haven't exactly figured out what the big issue is. Yes, there is a no wake zone at Dev's Elbow, so what. Last time we went through there, it was relaxing and quiet, except for the stereo's.
Other than that, people seemed to enjoy it overall. And why are kilrtoy and Mrs. Kilrtoy so defensive? Not real clear on where anyone wronged you.
I like the no wake zone and don't like mufflers. I paid alot of money to listen to the HP my boat produces.
My opinion.

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 05:35 PM
You have your own opinion, great. Since you read this thread twice can you tell me why everyone is so upset that Kilrtoy does not like the no wake zone??? It is his opinion RIGHT? Defensive, not at all. Enjoying a thread, sure. I hope you don't have to read this a third time......

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-26-2006, 05:38 PM
well said

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 05:39 PM
well said
I second that..............

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-26-2006, 05:41 PM
I second that..............
hello my kids mom, are you two going to parker this weekend

phebus
09-26-2006, 05:43 PM
You have your own opinion, great. Since you read this thread twice can you tell me why everyone is so upset that Kilrtoy does not like the no wake zone??? It is his opinion RIGHT? Defensive, not at all. Enjoying a thread, sure. I hope you don't have to read this a third time......
Because Kilrtoy is the whipping boy :D

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 05:43 PM
hello my kids mom, are you two going to parker this weekend
Whats up, Im not sure yet.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Whats up, Im not sure yet.
for RD's party

GBarron97
09-26-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm sorry, I believe that the sarcasm isn't needed, but yes you do have a right to your opinion as I do. I personally like the no wake zone because of all the fatal accidents at that point of the river. Other than that, I have no problem running the rest as fast as I can SAFELY.
I am somewhat surprised that someone who has a 100 mph boat, wouldn't be interested in making the river safer before all the 100 MPH boats are no longer allowed. I am sure you know how much insurance is now, but can you imagine how much it would be if there was another death, or two, or three at that point of the river?
It is a safety issue more than anything and I am all for it if it makes my time there safer.

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 05:49 PM
for RD's party
I know it's RD's party, Im not sure if we're going and i was saying whats up to you, like hello :rollside:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-26-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm sorry, I believe that the sarcasm isn't needed, but yes you do have a right to your opinion as I do. I personally like the no wake zone because of all the fatal accidents at that point of the river. Other than that, I have no problem running the rest as fast as I can SAFELY.
I am somewhat surprised that someone who has a 100 mph boat, wouldn't be interested in making the river safer before all the 100 MPH boats are no longer allowed. I am sure you know how much insurance is now, but can you imagine how much it would be if there was another death, or two, or three at that point of the river?
It is a safety issue more than anything and I am all for it if it makes my time there safer.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616gggggg_1_.gif

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-26-2006, 05:54 PM
I know it's RD's party, Im not sure if we're going and i was saying whats up to you, like hello :rollside:
ooooo thank you what's up back to you I hope all is well

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 05:59 PM
ooooo thank you what's up back to you I hope all is well
So how is the fast big boat running? Have you swamped any little ones latley :)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-26-2006, 06:04 PM
So how is the fast big boat running? Have you swamped any little ones latley :)
it is running good, I think I will make some big wakes in Parker. Are you bringing your boat down if you go

Mrs.Killer
09-26-2006, 06:07 PM
it is running good, I think I will make some big wakes in Parker. Are you bringing your boat down if you go
Oh hell no, not a big fan of parker

Havasu1986
09-26-2006, 06:10 PM
To many no wake zones :crossx:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
LMAO me neither but this will be the only time that I take my boat there

havaduner
09-26-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm all for making the river a safer place. But I have a question. How many fatalities have been in that area? I can only think of one accident that happened in that area and it was years ago. I would think there is a much greater need for a now wake zone at the sandbar, with traffic going at much different speeds, and direction changes etc.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm all for making the river a safer place. But I have a question. How many fatalities have been in that area? I can only think of one accident that happened in that area and it was years ago. I would think there is a much greater need for a now wake zone at the sandbar, with traffic going at much different speeds, and direction changes etc.
THIS NO WAKE ZONE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SAFETY.....
It's all about revenue for the F&G

RiverToysJas
09-26-2006, 06:22 PM
I personally like the no wake zone because of all the fatal accidents at that point of the river.
.......but can you imagine how much it would be if there was another death, or two, or three at that point of the river?
I am a big supporter of the no wake zone also, but I have never noticed any white crosses through there (I know Steamboat has one, I read it Saturday). When were these fatal accidents you speak of at Devil's Elbow?
RTJas

GBarron97
09-26-2006, 06:23 PM
I agree with that, but in the 30 + years I have been running through there, I have seen a few fatal accidents there. There was a fatal accident there in 2003. I do agree that a no wake zone at the sandbar would be a great idea. But I do not recall any fatal accidents at the sandbar turn before.
Not disagreeing with you, but the Devils Elbow no wake zone doesn't bother me at all.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 06:24 PM
I am a big supporter of the no wake zone also, but I have never noticed any white crosses through there (I know Steamboat has one, I read it Saturday). When were these fatal accidents you speak of at Devil's Elbow?
RTJas
There are two crosses there, one on the az side and one on the cali side...

GBarron97
09-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Maybe so, but the no wake zone is there for a reason and the revenue is only going to be made from people that do not obey the rules.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Maybe so, but the no wake zone is there for a reason and the revenue is only going to be made from people that do not obey the rules.
The only people who are gonna get in trouble is the people with loud boats.

GBarron97
09-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Then I guess I'll be writing the F and G a check or two then because with mufflers, mine is still too loud.

Havasu1986
09-26-2006, 06:38 PM
How many tickets have been given. Do you guys always see boats pulled over. I haven't been up there since the no wake went in to effect.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 06:41 PM
handing them out like candy on halloween.....

Havasu1986
09-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Well there always going towards the springs

RiverToysJas
09-26-2006, 06:52 PM
How many tickets have been given. Do you guys always see boats pulled over. I haven't been up there since the no wake went in to effect.
I don't know how many tickets they write, but I think it's A LOT. They sit to the side just south of the no wake. They used to sit there and write tickets even before the no wake.
But what's another $120 to people spending a couple of grand at the gas pump every weekend? :crossx:
RTJas :D

Havasu1986
09-26-2006, 07:04 PM
I think I will float past them going down river, then start up and haul a$$. Going up river maybe a problem thou. :cry:

Biglue
09-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Debunchers......getcher panty debunchers.... 3 for 5, 3 for 5. Getcher panty debunchers. :crossx: :D

thumbs
09-26-2006, 09:22 PM
How do you know this? Do you have facts to back it up. I'm not saying that you are not correct but just wondering where you got this information or if it's an opinion.

djunkie
09-26-2006, 09:23 PM
How do you know this? Do you have facts to back it up. I'm not saying that you are not correct but just wondering where you got this information or if it's an opinion.
It Kilr. He's always right. :rolleyes: :rollside: :rollside:

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 10:10 PM
No, I dont have any written facts other then what all the boat cops out in havasu have told me, (EXCLUDING LHPD) and so far they are dead bang on the money.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 10:16 PM
It Kilr. He's always right. :rolleyes: :rollside: :rollside:
I see you are starting to learn, grasshopper

havaduner
09-27-2006, 06:47 AM
I agree with you on this one Kilr, never have I believed its a safety thing. Oh and by the way, a couple weeks ago, sat on the little beach just below the up river bouy line, watched the LE pull over several boats, check for life jackets, and I am pretty sure I saw a breatherlizer test too...
I am sure on Holiday weekends there will be a ton of LE at both bouy lines.
Great place for a DUI checkpoint.
As for the noise, they might get me on that one..

Ziggy
09-27-2006, 08:07 AM
I still think the no wake zone is a safety issue........its too narrow with a sharp turn at each end for the amount of traffic, especially at 100mph+, where there is no room for error.
If you're constantly worried about being checked then my opinion suggests you are likely not in compliance, know it and fear being boarded/ticketed.
There are a few crosses there....climb on up and read them and put yourself or a loved one in that position, you might think differently about the safety of the Elbow.
Kilr's opinion about the Elbow is not the issue......its the other shit he says.

OutCole'd
09-27-2006, 08:14 AM
It seems to me that there are a majority of peeps here that favor the no wake zone, regardless of the reason, be it safety, getting swamped or just looking at the scenery. Sounds like a good idea to me.

havaduner
09-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Ziggy, as I said in an earlier post, if safety was an issue, there would be other areas on the river/lake that would be no wake zones. There have been more accidents in the first mile of the river above Havasu than anywhere else, next being in front of Topock.
Now that being said, I am not arguing this area should not be a no wake zone. I kinda like it. I disagree with Kilr, that its not a safe area to float/ go for a swim. In fact I think it is now perfect for that, and yes, I have been there on a crowded weekend.
As for worrying about being check for OUI, I have no problem with that either.

Kilrtoy
09-27-2006, 08:56 AM
I still think the no wake zone is a safety issue........its too narrow with a sharp turn at each end for the amount of traffic, especially at 100mph+, where there is no room for error.
If you're constantly worried about being checked then my opinion suggests you are likely not in compliance, know it and fear being boarded/ticketed.
There are a few crosses there....climb on up and read them and put yourself or a loved one in that position, you might think differently about the safety of the Elbow.
Kilr's opinion about the Elbow is not the issue......its the other shit he says.
What exactly did I say that bothers you... that i think it sucks...,
And will go on record and say very few people would be able to make that turn at 100MPH, VERY FEW PEOPLE and almost no one on here could do it...
Im not worried one bit about being checked ever....

SnakeWrench
09-27-2006, 10:47 AM
What exactly did I say that bothers you... that i think it sucks...,
And will go on record and say very few people would be able to make that turn at 100MPH, VERY FEW PEOPLE and almost no one on here could do it...
Im not worried one bit about being checked ever....
Who's WANT to make that turn at 100. I wouldn't, unless there was money on the line. lol
Last time I was there, it was very strange to see the no wake zone, but it was actually kinda cool to be able to jump in there where i never dared to before.
ALTHOUGH, There are those that don't like it, there are those that do, but for once, I have to back up Kilr, he has the right to his opinion, no matter what havaduner says. lol
I can see that it is a revenue stop for the rangers, and an effective one it sounds like. Good old entrapment. Bastards. lol

havaduner
09-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Who's WANT to make that turn at 100. I wouldn't, unless there was money on the line. lol
Last time I was there, it was very strange to see the no wake zone, but it was actually kinda cool to be able to jump in there where i never dared to before.
ALTHOUGH, There are those that don't like it, there are those that do, but for once, I have to back up Kilr, he has the right to his opinion, no matter what havaduner says. lol
I can see that it is a revenue stop for the rangers, and an effective one it sounds like. Good old entrapment. Bastards. lol
Here comes Snake, trying to stir the pot :p Hey Kilr, watch out Snake is coming up behind you!!!!!!!!!!

Havasu47
09-27-2006, 11:50 AM
The no wake zone doesn't bother me, everyone else is entitled to their opinion also. My question is this: Has anyone honestly ever seen anyone make the turn at 80 or so and run 100 through Devils Elbow then slow down and make the turn at the other end? Been through there 100's of times and have never seen anyone even come close to running that hard through there. :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
09-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Here comes Snake, trying to stir the pot :p Hey Kilr, watch out Snake is coming up behind you!!!!!!!!!!
wtf, what is he trying to do

Kilrtoy
09-27-2006, 12:02 PM
The no wake zone doesn't bother me, everyone else is entitled to their opinion also. My question is this: Has anyone honestly ever seen anyone make the turn at 80 or so and run 100 through Devils Elbow then slow down and make the turn at the other end? Been through there 100's of times and have never seen anyone even come close to running that hard through there. :rolleyes:
Ziggy said it, so it must be true, big ballers are taking those turns at 100mph and making passes thru there at over 100mph, ME INCLUDED

Ziggy
09-27-2006, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=Kilrtoy]What exactly did I say that bothers you... that i think it sucks...,
[QUOTE]
Its not your opinion that bothered me......not in the least.
Its the big boat/little boat thing..........I got a medium boat, so where do I fit in?? :D :D :D

Havasu1986
09-27-2006, 12:19 PM
What is the fastest/safest that turn can be made at?

Kilrtoy
09-27-2006, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=Kilrtoy]What exactly did I say that bothers you... that i think it sucks...,
[QUOTE]
Its not your opinion that bothered me......not in the least.
Its the big boat/little boat thing..........I got a medium boat, so where do I fit in?? :D :D :D
That was not started by me, but yet someone else who started calling me names.
Zigy you fit in my master plan to take over DEVILS ELBOW

Ziggy
09-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Ziggy said it, so it must be true, big ballers are taking those turns at 100mph and making passes thru there at over 100mph, ME INCLUDED
I used 100mph in that statement because it seems thats the threshold thats been discussed........I haven't seen anyone thru there at that speed but I have been going through there myself and have someone blow by me weaving between us little and medium boats.

Kilrtoy
09-27-2006, 12:26 PM
I used 100mph in that statement because it seems thats the threshold thats been discussed........I haven't seen anyone thru there at that speed but I have been going through there myself and have someone blow by me weaving between us little and medium boats.
I have done that.
and for the record, my boat is a little boat

Ziggy
09-27-2006, 12:27 PM
That was not started by me, but yet someone else who started calling me names. I know......somehow it always ends up there though... ;) :D
Zigy you fit in my master plan to take over DEVILS ELBOW
:D :D :D

Havasu47
09-27-2006, 12:28 PM
What is the fastest/safest that turn can be made at?
Now 5mph :D
Before the no wake zone it would depend on the boat. I always slowed down to about 35 or 40 because it is a blind corner. There were times we even had to come off plane through there because of lake lice or other boats thinking they were the only ones on the water and not paying attention to other boats. I think safe speed is relative to conditions no matter where you are.

phebus
09-27-2006, 12:32 PM
I have done that.
and for the record, my boat is a little boat
A dingy :)

Beer-30
09-27-2006, 12:37 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/24335mphsm.JPG