PDA

View Full Version : Buissness's For $30,000

payloan
09-25-2006, 12:19 PM
What type of buisness coul you start up or take over for about $30,000. Manual labor is not an issue but would not want to beat myself to death.
Any suggetsions?

racecar.hotshoe
09-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Ive always wanted to be a pimp! :rolleyes: :crossx: :rolleyes:

ChumpChange
09-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Buy a small Pool route.
Buy a water route, delivering five gallon water jugs.
Buy a gardening route.
Buy a pound of crack and set up a small shop down the street from your local high school(this job carries a lot of dangerous competition in some areas)

Jyruiz
09-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Mobile hot dog stand.

YeLLowBoaT
09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
sandbar sun tan loation applyer... :)

EmpirE231
09-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Buy some jumpers / bounce houses etc... tables and chairs.. start a party rental co. should be good for atleast 3k + a month for just the weekends.... and there's not much limit.. the more jumpers you have to rent... the more money you make... I sold the biz due to the time consumption... but you can get it to the point to where you have 1 or two people working for you and not much time wasted for you... knew a guy making an extra 8k or so just by running that biz

YeLLowBoaT
Really if you already have your contractors lic I would go buy a gutter machine. Its ez work and you can gross about 1.5-2.5k a day.

OutCole'd
Sell oranges at freeway offramps.

lucky
09-25-2006, 12:45 PM
open a ***** house - ya can start it up by hand :crossx:

nextel4u
09-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Sell Sprint Nextel (http://www.thewirelesspartners.com)

ViB
09-25-2006, 02:51 PM
I hear the aluminum speaker cover business is where its at.... :rollside: :)

Marty Gras
09-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Find some local people who can do upholstery work. Get the business working on boats and home furnishings (chairs, sofas). The boat thing is like "legal theft" and the home deal is for paying the utilities. Just a few short months of managing the place and you will be set. Treat everyone with respect and you will not ever need to "work hard" ever again. In Havasu boat interriors is a gold mine, people wait months to get work done. And when it's done, they PAY PAY PAY!

ChumpChange
09-25-2006, 03:10 PM
For that amount of money you can buy an old van and become a coyote. I hear illegals are paying good money these days for safe transport across the border.

Nord
09-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Sell oranges at freeway offramps.
LMFAO!!!

HM
09-25-2006, 03:15 PM
I have a buddy trying to sell his business. He mfgs air brushes and all the accesories for the finger nail/toe nail beauty business. The business is 20 years old. He is asking $30K for it and that includes about $20K in inventory. The company is called Too Much Fun. He has another business that is taking all his time. PM me if you want more info and I will send you his #.

Nord
09-25-2006, 03:17 PM
You might want to learn how to spell business before aquiring one (Thread and starting post) ;) :)

HavasuSelect
09-25-2006, 03:21 PM
You might want to learn how to spell business before aquiring one (Thread and starting post) ;) :)
Just to let you know it's spelled "acquiring". What's that old saying? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Jyruiz
09-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Just to let you know it's spelled "acquiring". What's that old saying? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
OWNED!

FASTJTBT
09-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Buy a couple of boat molds and watch the money just start pouring in?

Excessive Force
09-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Really if you already have your contractors lic I would go buy a gutter machine. Its ez work and you can gross about 1.5-2.5k a day.
Curb machine?

ChumpChange
09-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Multiply that by thirty lanes at the local bowling alley and that 2.5K turns into 75k a day.

Nord
09-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Oops.... lol.......
Well, at least I didn't overprice my laptop ;)

YeLLowBoaT
09-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Curb machine?
no rain gutters. you know the ones that mount to trailers. they take flat AL on a role in one side and spit "seamless" gutters out the other.

SummitKarl
09-25-2006, 05:41 PM
I have a buddy trying to sell his business. He mfgs air brushes and all the accesories for the finger nail/toe nail beauty business. The business is 20 years old. He is asking $30K for it and that includes about $20K in inventory. The company is called Too Much Fun. He has another business that is taking all his time. PM me if you want more info and I will send you his #.
Tell your buddy he is way too cheap....
STD formula.......if over 5 yrs old (good paper trail) then 5 times the annual income of the company. + inventory, capitol equip. rarely enters the picture, unless your a machine shop or something. less then 5 yrs 1-3 times the income. depending on how much "blue sky" is there
http://www.***boat.com/banners/function/adimage.php?filename=biz_for_sale.jpg

Angry Inch
09-25-2006, 05:42 PM
There is nothing like the ROI on crack cocaine.

Jyruiz
09-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Oops.... lol.......
Well, at least I didn't overprice my laptop ;)
Lol, it sold, and I am comfortable with what I got for it.

ROZ
09-25-2006, 07:23 PM
This is the best time to buy a pool route... You get fall, winter, and spring to train and save money... Starting into the profession in the summer can put you in the red real quick.... Learning curve....
I just got 5 new accounts today on the same street... all neighbors... :cool:

TOBTEK
09-25-2006, 07:32 PM
This is the best time to buy a pool route... You get fall, winter, and spring to train and save money... Starting into the profession in the summer can put you in the red real quick.... Learning curve....
I just got 5 new accounts today on the same street... all neighbors... :cool:
YOU could have had two more on this st I know in sanmarcos..... but you never called that jim guy back.....doughhhhhhh! you cant close the deal If you dont call'em back. IN FACT, did I get a return call about those gates today.... HMMMMM. about to lose three more pay checks........ biotch.
just busting your nads....mr busy man. But you better get on it, dont want to be the bad guy when you come over and see them completed.

ROZ
09-25-2006, 07:35 PM
lol... that's my first stop in the morning...lol...

HOSS
09-25-2006, 07:44 PM
ROZ?,,,what is the worm turnin for you bra? Haven`t heard from you in awhile? Hope everything is good bro. Tom Brown for some reason wants to see my cactus. Her454 just wants my shaft,,,no head bro,,,wtf is up wit dat?

THATJEFFGUY
09-25-2006, 07:44 PM
What type of buisness coul you start up or take over for about $30,000. Manual labor is not an issue but would not want to beat myself to death.
Any suggetsions?
Wanna build custom shade canopies and prop covers ? I just don't have the time anymore :(

Classic Daycruiser
09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Find some local people who can do upholstery work. Get the business working on boats and home furnishings (chairs, sofas). The boat thing is like "legal theft" and the home deal is for paying the utilities. Just a few short months of managing the place and you will be set. Treat everyone with respect and you will not ever need to "work hard" ever again. In Havasu boat interriors is a gold mine, people wait months to get work done. And when it's done, they PAY PAY PAY!
$8500 with floor replacement quoted 80 hours of work

Pheelin Phroggy
09-26-2006, 12:57 PM
we use bizben.com when looking, they normally have a large selection of biz's for sale

ChumpChange
09-26-2006, 01:28 PM
http://www.***boat.com/banners/function/adimage.php?filename=biz_for_sale.jpg
Is this site ever going to have some businesses on it? You posted the link but there is nothing really on it.

THATJEFFGUY
09-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Is this site ever going to have some businesses on it? You posted the link but there is nothing really on it.
That's what I was wondering. Mine is FOR SALE but I haven't listed it anywhere yet.