PDA

View Full Version : Great video for a fallen Police officer

1stepcloser
09-25-2006, 03:45 PM
The President of the San Francisco Police association, Gary Delagnes, gives this prepared statement (http://mfile.akamai.com/12948/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0728/9591734.300k.asx) to the media in response to the death this past July of one of their officers, Nick Birco.
Very well said.

Keith E. Sayre
09-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Amen. There was another thread about this before and it mentioned having
this man run for president. I agree or at least governor of his state! But no
that won't happen, not with our press. Shame.
Keith Sayre

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Need more chiefs like him.....

MRSDRMCAT
09-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Damn....that guy rocks!!! Thank God Nick's family has someone like that defending his honor!!!

marty722
09-25-2006, 04:15 PM
very very very well said. Coming from a full family of law enforcement and with a dad and a brother that got shot and almost died I think this guy is saying what every cop wants to say...... Godspeed to the officer and I hope they do something to the judges also....Im sure botcop will agree the problem is that you guys do your job and before the paperwork is done there out on the streets again..... Go figure???? Something is wrong very wrong.

Eliminator 4 Life
09-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Yes we definatley need more chiefs like him. I like how is gonna start holding the judges accountable which is true why wasnt this slime ball in jail. I saw we need the police chief of san fran for govenor. I give this guy props for having the balls to stand up and make this statement espeically in the liberal city of san francisco..

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Patch image: San Francisco Police Department, California
Police Officer Nick-Tomasito Birco
San Francisco Police Department
California
End of Watch: Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Biographical Info
Tour of Duty: 5 years
Badge Number: 612
Incident Details
Cause of Death: Vehicle pursuit
Date of Incident: Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Weapon Used: Automobile
Suspect Info: Charged with murder
Officer Nick Birco was killed when his patrol car was struck by a van being pursued by officers at the intersection of Cambridge and Felton Streets.
The persons in the van had been involved in an earlier robbery of an individual. The victim had accompanied officers during a search of the van and located it a short distance away. As the officers approached it, the van sped away.
The officers pursued the van until it struck the rear quarter-panel of Officer Birco's patrol car, causing it spin around and strike a utility pole. The van then struck two buildings and crashed. Officer Birco had aborted an attempt to lay down spike strips at the intersection and was moving his patrol car when it was struck.
All four persons were taken into custody. The three occupants of the van were charged with murder, manslaughter, and other charges.
Officer Birco was transported to San Francisco General Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Officer Birco was a US Marine Corps veteran of the Gulf War. He had served with the San Francisco Police Department for 5 years and was survived by his parents, two sisters, brother-in-law, niece, and two nephews.

Run_em_Hard
09-25-2006, 05:36 PM
Very well said....you could tell this guy was holding back also.

Jbb
09-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Bravo to that chief....
The Judge ,when found,will say something to the effect of ..."well, our prisons are overcrowded"...so somebody has to be cut loose... :mad:

River918
09-25-2006, 08:09 PM
The President of the San Francisco Police association, Gary Delagnes, gives this prepared statement (http://mfile.akamai.com/12948/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0728/9591734.300k.asx) to the media in response to the death this past July of one of their officers, Nick Birco.
Very well said.
Is this guy the Chief, or the President of their Police Association?

LHC30Victory
09-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the link. It is time for the pendulum to start the other way in asking the right questions.....

1stepcloser
09-26-2006, 06:01 AM
Is this guy the Chief, or the President of their Police Association?
He (Gary) is the President of the Police Association.
Their Cheif of Police is Heather Fong.

Tremor Therapy
09-26-2006, 06:32 AM
Amen....its about time someone calls it as it is! If these are truely his own thoughts and words, sign me up in his corner for election to the state governors office!

Red Horse
09-26-2006, 07:01 AM
It is about time people quit sugar coating things and tell it like it is.
Didnt your Mom and Dad tell you that honesty was the best policy. Seems so many of our elected officals and media types have forgotten this.
way to go and they need to give this bastard and the judge adjoining cells :cool: