PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Shelby Gt 500 Cobra

framer1
09-25-2006, 03:50 PM
What do you think about this car. Say it's faster than Corvette Z06 and Viper but more comfortable Thinking it could be instant classic. Pretty sure there are bidding wars going on at dealers and ebay.

Keith E. Sayre
09-25-2006, 03:57 PM
There were 2 of them racing around in Havasu 10 days ago on Saturday. I
was walking out of Classic Burger with a load of breakfast burritos and I hear
this loud screeching sound of 2 of them side by side coming from the area of
Walts motorcycle. They turned left on the highway, got side by side and did
it. The race was impressive, the noise was the best part though. Then again turning left into Bradley Ford, by now I had passed them and was at the stop light, they went into the Ford dealer and then came back out, once
again the screaming tires was cool, the look was great but it was the noise of the engines that did it for me. Outstanding job Ford!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Kilrtoy
09-25-2006, 04:00 PM
road and track and car and driver already did head to head test against a C6, not a Z06 and it lost in both mags...
I like it, but at the same price as the regular vette I would take the vettte

Jordan_23_85205
09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
What do you think about this car. Say it's faster than Corvette Z06 and Viper but more comfortable Thinking it could be instant classic. Pretty sure there are bidding wars going on at dealers and ebay.
I think it's a instant classic either way. In fact, I have a triple black convertible on order now. It should be here (AZ) in late Oct.
It's been on order for 3 months now, but Ford had a material hold on the convertibles. Can't wait to drive it! The ford dealer here, wouldn't let me drive theirs :mad:

RitcheyRch
09-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Read an article where someone rented one of the Hertz models and entered it in a car show and won.
Not a FORD person but FORD did an excellent job on all the new Mustangs.

Run_em_Hard
09-25-2006, 05:14 PM
I think it's a instant classic either way. In fact, I have a triple black convertible on order now. It should be here (AZ) in late Oct.
It's been on order for 3 months now, but Ford had a material hold on the convertibles. Can't wait to drive it! The ford dealer here, wouldn't let me drive theirs :mad:
You ordered one and they still wouldn't let you drive the floor model. I would cancel my order and tell em to go f themselves.

Jordan_23_85205
09-25-2006, 05:39 PM
You ordered one and they still wouldn't let you drive the floor model. I would cancel my order and tell em to go f themselves.
Yeah, well I didn't order it from them. I have a friend that owns a Ford dealership in Ohio, so I ordered it from him. The dealer in Arizona didn't want to match the price. I think just like the GT40 they won't let you drive it unless your serious.
Anyways, I can wait to drive it since it saved me $25k to go through my friend. Dealers here want $25-$35k over sticker.

dmontzsta
09-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Once the dealers stops marking them up, it is going to be the best bang for the buck there is. Originally, they were supposed to be high 30s-low 40s.

msc5195
09-25-2006, 06:41 PM
This was sold in Jan 06. Yea proceeds went to charity but someone is phuckin nuts.
Vehicle Details of Lot #1259.12007 SHELBY GT500 FASTBACK
Details
2007 SHELBY GT500 FASTBACK
2006 BJCCA CCA
SOLD FOR $600,000
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/images/carjpg/2006bjcca/2/1259_1/2006BJCCA2_1259_1_34.jpg
Options
Color: RED W/WHITE STRIPES
Cylinders: V8
Comments
The most powerful factory-built Ford Mustang in history will take to the street next year, and it will be wearing the name of a legend, Carroll Shelby. Designed in the unmistakable image of Shelby Mustangs of the 1960s, the 2007 Shelby GT500 melds Ford SVT’s modern engineering with the big-block performance that made the original GT500 the "King of the Road". At the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction in Scottsdale, AZ in January 2006 be one of the bidders in a charity auction for an early VIN 2007 Shelby GT500 coupe, the first one offered for sale to the public. The car will be produced to the successful bidder’s specification, including the color and factory available options, for delivery when production begins later in the year. All proceeds from the winning bid will go in support of the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation
More HERE (http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=183765)

dmontzsta
09-25-2006, 07:04 PM
This was sold in Jan 06. Yea proceeds went to charity but someone is phuckin nuts.
Vehicle Details of Lot #1259.12007 SHELBY GT500 FASTBACK
Details
2007 SHELBY GT500 FASTBACK
2006 BJCCA CCA
SOLD FOR $600,000
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/images/carjpg/2006bjcca/2/1259_1/2006BJCCA2_1259_1_34.jpg
Options
Color: RED W/WHITE STRIPES
Cylinders: V8
Comments
The most powerful factory-built Ford Mustang in history will take to the street next year, and it will be wearing the name of a legend, Carroll Shelby. Designed in the unmistakable image of Shelby Mustangs of the 1960s, the 2007 Shelby GT500 melds Ford SVT’s modern engineering with the big-block performance that made the original GT500 the "King of the Road". At the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction in Scottsdale, AZ in January 2006 be one of the bidders in a charity auction for an early VIN 2007 Shelby GT500 coupe, the first one offered for sale to the public. The car will be produced to the successful bidder’s specification, including the color and factory available options, for delivery when production begins later in the year. All proceeds from the winning bid will go in support of the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation
More HERE (http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=183765)
The winner could have probably wrote most of it off, since the money goes to charity + new company car! :D

Cole Trickle
09-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Bitchen car but not even in the same realm as the C6 Z06 and SRT-10 Viper :)
Wait a year and the mark ups will dissapear.You think ford would learn after the dealers ruined the Thunderbird.

Dave C
09-26-2006, 08:07 AM
car and driver bagged on them big time. I wonder why?
Its actually a good looking car.

02C5RZ06
09-26-2006, 08:16 AM
The new Shelby cars are very cool, but way heavy. The car will be an instant collectable because of the Shelby name, but in my opinion the "market adjustment" price is silly. Buy an 03-04 Cobra, more bang for your buck, and those cars are silly fast as is. :cool:

prosthogod
09-26-2006, 08:19 AM
Can't hold a candle to a Z06 or viper. It's just a mustang. If it was priced like it is supposed to be ~40k then I'd buy one

One Particular Harbor
09-26-2006, 08:44 AM
With options, I believe most of the new Shelby mustangs are pricing out in the $45,000 - $50,000 range, which does put them squarely, price-wise, in the Corvette realm. As others have mentioned, however, they neither accelerate nor handle as well as the Corvette, which, in my opinion, remains the #1 "bang for the buck" sports car in the world.
The above being said, because of the limited production run and the Shelby name, these cars are expected to be collectible and to appreciate (which is a rare thing among cars now). I like the looks, too, and think Ford has done an admirable job with the car. Also excited about the pictures I have seen of the new Camaro concepts and can't wait to see the Mustang/Camaro rivalry renewed!
OPH

Havasu Cig
09-26-2006, 09:07 AM
road and track and car and driver already did head to head test against a C6, not a Z06 and it lost in both mags...
I like it, but at the same price as the regular vette I would take the vettte
Yeah, but in 5 years the Vette is just another Vette. The Shelby is a "Shelby". I would take the Shelby over the Vette all day long... :cool:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/p731f085f6cad135592a784887309d75e/edc3d324.jpg

OutCole'd
09-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Yeah, but in 5 years the Vette is just another Vette. The Shelby is a "Shelby". I would take the Shelby over the Vette all day long...
Absolutely.........

Cheap Thrills
09-26-2006, 09:33 AM
I like that Ford brought back the styling. I wouldn't mind having any one of the new Mustangs Vettes or Vipers.
Since the page is already 3 feet wide here's a pic of one of the restos I've done.
Gotta love the classic styling:rollside:
C.T. :wink:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/112769.jpg

Dave C
09-26-2006, 09:50 AM
they actually did a comparison.
car and driver comparison (http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/11150/heavy-pedal.html)
per car and driver... "with 500 HP they expected it would be faster than it was...but it was not." LMAO :rollside:
LMAO
IMHO two different cars that should not be compared. Coupe vs. a two seat sports car. Not a good comparison.
I still like the looks of Ford. GM is playing catch up at this point.

Sleek-Jet
09-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Needs a longer name... :rollside:

LITTLE D
09-26-2006, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=Havasu Cig]Yeah, but in 5 years the Vette is just another Vette. The Shelby is a "Shelby". I would take the Shelby over the Vette all day long... :cool:
Didn't Shelby put his name on some Chrysler econobox during the 80's

Cheap Thrills
09-26-2006, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE=Havasu Cig]Yeah, but in 5 years the Vette is just another Vette. The Shelby is a "Shelby". I would take the Shelby over the Vette all day long... :cool:
Didn't Shelby put his name on some Chrysler econobox during the 80's
Wasn't that the little Turbo 4 Charger/ Daytona ?
C.T. :wink:

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah, but in 5 years the Vette is just another Vette. The Shelby is a "Shelby". I would take the Shelby over the Vette all day long... :cool:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/p731f085f6cad135592a784887309d75e/edc3d324.jpg
and the SHELBY MUSTANG is still an overpriced MUSTANG

spectras only
09-26-2006, 12:08 PM
A Saleen Mustang is an overpriced Mustang :p .
The Shelby is 52 K cdn , the Saleen is 77 K cdn :rolleyes:
The Shelby is a 4 seater [ in an emergency only :rollside: ] compared to a C-6 , and also a lot cheaper than the 84 K cdn Vette :argue: :boxed:
The LS-7 is like 104 K cdn :2purples:

Havasu Cig
09-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Once the dealers come down closer to MSRP (a little above 40k) they IMO are not over priced. Right now the dealers are trying to cash in on the people that have to be the first to own one. Re-sale down the road will be better on the Shelby. Comparing the Z06 to a Mustang is apples to oranges as well. Compare it to the GTO, Camaro etc...
When Superformance (the company that built the Cobra replica I own) went into business with Shelby one of their Coupes sold at Barrett Jakson for 270k simply because of Shelby and Peter Brock's (the man that designed the original for Shelby Couple) involvement and endorsement.The man is an American legend...
As far as Shebly's work with Dodge, I think he will be more remembered for his work with the Viper than the Daytona. :cool:

OnlyMoney
09-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Awwww, I feel loved! :rollside: Oh wait..you're talking about the car....carry on! :p

Cole Trickle
09-26-2006, 01:50 PM
How many do they plan to build in the next couple years?
It will be intresting to see if they appreciate over time.I know the Bullits,Cobras and Mach 1's are not appreciating. I also think it's next to impossible to compare a Ford built on a computer and assemled mostly by machines to the peice of Art that Shelby created back in the 60's.
Ford could build 50K a year if they wanted to.
My Ex step dad purchased an original 289 AC Cobra back in 1980 for 55K and sold it un restored for over 225K 5 years ago.

BajaMike
09-26-2006, 02:10 PM
It's probably a nice car, I drove an original Cobra 427 when I was a teenager, and loved it. but who is going to buy a car when they won't even let you drive it.....:confused:
F-em.......
:yuk:

spectras only
09-26-2006, 02:32 PM
but who is going to buy a car when they won't even let you drive it.....:confused:
F-em.......
:yuk:
The owner of this dealership let my kid sit in this GT 40 [ not even the sales peeps were allowed to do ] cause I'm a good customer of theirs :rollside: . Someone just walked in and bought this thing way over sticker without even test drive it .The wrapping was still on the car when I went to see it !
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/IMG_1867.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/IMG_1865.jpg

Jordan_23_85205
09-26-2006, 02:35 PM
How many do they plan to build in the next couple years?
It will be intresting to see if they appreciate over time.I know the Bullits,Cobras and Mach 1's are not appreciating. I also think it's next to impossible to compare a Ford built on a computer and assemled mostly by machines to the peice of Art that Shelby created back in the 60's.
Ford could build 50K a year if they wanted to.
My Ex step dad purchased an original 289 AC Cobra back in 1980 for 55K and sold it un restored for over 225K 5 years ago.
They've come out and said that the total should be around 12-14,000 total vehicles for 07' & 08'. I read some where that after these two years, Shelby won't be doing anymore cars?
I've always been a Ford fan and I think this car will be a collectors item some day. Tha's why I got onto the list. However, I wouldn't have bought one for the overage that some of these dealers want. The Ford dealers in AZ are asking $25+ over sticker.

JMC
09-26-2006, 02:39 PM
I think the MSRP is great, especially for what you are getting. One thing about it the seats suck...its the same chit they have been spitting out for years and years. The wheels really hurt the apearance as well. Im just waiting for them to come out with a Sheby Chrome edition so they can put a big "Chrome" edition emblem on the ass end of it next to the huge Shelby emblem...

spectras only
09-26-2006, 02:40 PM
The Ford dealers in AZ are asking $25+ over sticker.
My colleague paid 5K over sticker , and finally his is on the train as we speak ,to get delivered shortly . I'll post some pics when it arrives .

Jordan_23_85205
09-26-2006, 02:43 PM
My colleague paid 5K over sticker , and finally his is on the train as we speak ,to get delivered shortly . I'll post some pics when it arrives .
That's what I paid but I have a friend that owns a dealership in Ohio. I went to the dealers here in AZ and told them I would buy theirs for the same deal and all of them told me to pound sand. :mad:
So I went ahead and bought it in Ohio! I'm hoping it will show up before the end of Oct. It's getting cool enough at night to drive with the top down.

Cole Trickle
09-26-2006, 02:43 PM
They've come out and said that the total should be around 12-14,000 total vehicles for 07' & 08'. I read some where that after these two years, Shelby won't be doing anymore cars?
I've always been a Ford fan and I think this car will be a collectors item some day. Tha's why I got onto the list. However, I wouldn't have bought one for the overage that some of these dealers want. The Ford dealers in AZ are asking $25+ over sticker.
That is alot of cars to appreciate.(If I was an owner I would be happy if it held it's value)
There were only a couple hundred 00 Cobra R's produced and I don't think they are doing anything special?(I could be wrong)
Gorgeous car and I would love to own one. I think at 42K they offer a ton of bang for the buck and I would consider one even though I don't like the seating/shifter position.
Honestly I would never own a car I couldn't beat on and have no desire to store something in a bubble.
What did you score your car for? 5K over MSRP?

Jordan_23_85205
09-26-2006, 02:45 PM
That is alot of cars to appreciate.(If I was an owner I would be happy if it held it's value)
There were only a couple hundred 00 Cobra R's produced and I don't think they are doing anything special?(I could be wrong)
Gorgeous car and I would love to own one. I think at 42K they offer a ton of bang for the buck and I would consider one even though I don't like the seating/shifter position.
Honestly I would never own a car I couldn't beat on and have no desire to store something in a bubble.
What did you score your car for? 5K over MSRP?
Yeah $5k over sticker.

Cole Trickle
09-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah $5k over sticker.
Cool
Thats a good deal to be first on the block.Let us know what you think once you take delivery.
How many of your configuration are being made.(Color,body,options,etc..)
That is where you get a rare car.The guys with the black on black won't make as much on the resale as the guy that gets 1 of 20 made

Jordan_23_85205
09-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Cool
Thats a good deal to be first on the block.Let us know what you think once you take delivery.
***I'll post pics as soon as it gets here***
How many of your configuration are being made.(Color,body,options,etc..)
***I'm not sure about this. I was under the impression that they would only offer a few colors red, black, silver, blue, white, and possibly yellow, but now I've seen an orange one.***
That is where you get a rare car.The guys with the black on black won't make as much on the resale as the guy that gets 1 of 20 made
***Mine is triple black. I don't know if they have anything like a 1 out of 20? That might be what the orange ones are for??
I got every option available beside the shakker 1000 and that's because Ford pulled that from the configuration?

Cole Trickle
09-26-2006, 03:19 PM
***Mine is triple black. I don't know if they have anything like a 1 out of 20? That might be what the orange ones are for??
I got every option available beside the shakker 1000 and that's because Ford pulled that from the configuration?
You got the one I would have ordered:D
Sadly the prettiest ones are typically the least rare.
I had a buddy that ordered a 00 Pontiac Formula WS6 years ago in purple with a Tan interior and no T-Tops. the car was 1 of 1 built (Thank god) and the dealership offered to give him a brand new 02 WS6 of his choice and 40K for the car.He refused it and still has the vehicle.

framer1
09-26-2006, 03:48 PM
I wonder what the chances are of getting one in CA for 5,000 over asking. That seems fair....25,000 over seems a LITTLE steep :cool: I'm going to have to find out.

Cole Trickle
09-26-2006, 03:57 PM
I wonder what the chances are of getting one in CA for 5,000 over asking. That seems fair....25,000 over seems a LITTLE steep :cool: I'm going to have to find out.
Your gonna need a buddy that owns/runs a dealer. :cry:

Jordan_23_85205
09-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Your gonna need a buddy that owns/runs a dealer. :cry:
I agree :mad: Most dealers won't even talk to you unless your talking $15k+ and they'll still tell you that's to low.
I went to Earnhardt ford here in Phoenix to look at their hardtop. The sticker was $42,xxx and then they had a $45k limited production cost. $97k was the sticker on the car :mad:
I doubt that in Cali it's any better, way to much money over there.

RitcheyRch
09-26-2006, 05:48 PM
LMFAO now thats funny.
Awwww, I feel loved! :rollside: Oh wait..you're talking about the car....carry on! b :p

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 08:11 PM
When Superformance (the company that built the Cobra replica I own) went into business with Shelby one of their Coupes sold at Barrett Jakson for 270k simply because of Shelby and Peter Brock's (the man that designed the original for Shelby Couple) involvement and endorsement.The man is an American legend...
:
That statement does not even belong in here, im surprised at you...

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 08:15 PM
I remember when the C6 came out back in 04, people were paying 10K over sticker for them months after they hit the street, Photoglou sold me mine for 1k less than sticker and threw in 500 rebate if memory serves me right
and that was after the were on the market for only 3 weeks,
Why would anyone pay over sticker

gqchris
09-26-2006, 10:13 PM
I Can help you out right now and assure that 25k over MSRP is the going rate in the Cali, AZ, Nevada region, unless you know a dealer principle/owner and he likes you ALOT! :rollside:

gqchris
09-26-2006, 10:15 PM
I agree :mad: Most dealers won't even talk to you unless your talking $15k+ and they'll still tell you that's to low.
I went to Earnhardt ford here in Phoenix to look at their hardtop. The sticker was $42,xxx and then they had a $45k limited production cost. $97k was the sticker on the car :mad:
I doubt that in Cali it's any better, way to much money over there.
Wow, now thats pretty steep! THEY must only be getting one or two. They are issued originally by Sales Volume. Anything after that is dealer traded, (rare), or bought thru brokers to be resold from dealers they bought from way out in the boondocks who qualified for one by accident.

Jordan_23_85205
09-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Wow, now thats pretty steep! THEY must only be getting one or two. They are issued originally by Sales Volume. Anything after that is dealer traded, (rare), or bought thru brokers to be resold from dealers they bought from way out in the boondocks who qualified for one by accident.
From what I know Earnhardt gets quite a few because they have three dealerships here in the valley. I think people are just getting greedy with this cars.

SoCalOffshore
09-27-2006, 06:54 AM
the shelby looks real nice, but it is all show and now go. a stock vette, let alone a z06, will eat its lunch. i think they really blew it. it should atleast be faster than a stock corvette. especially when you consider the premium dealers are charging. don't shoot the messenger. :cry:

Havasu Cig
09-27-2006, 08:29 AM
That statement does not even belong in here, im surprised at you...
What are you talking about? We are talking about Shelby, and a car that he has endorsed and that bares his name. I was giving you an example of how his name and endorsement being attached to a vehicle significantly raised the selling price.
I am suprised at you, but it has been a very bad week for my family and I so I will restrain from saying something I might regret later. :mad:
Here is a link about it BTW, read it and learn a little bit of auto history.
http://www.secondstrike.com/InTheNews/SuperformanceCoupe/BJ_PB_2006.htm

Havasu Cig
09-27-2006, 08:33 AM
the shelby looks real nice, but it is all show and now go. a stock vette, let alone a z06, will eat its lunch. i think they really blew it. it should atleast be faster than a stock corvette. especially when you consider the premium dealers are charging. don't shoot the messenger. :cry:
You must be talking about the non supercharged version of the Shelby and not the GT500. From everything I have heard and read about the 500hp supercharged GT500 it is a great car.
Here is a good link on the car. They say production should be about 9000 cars.
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/2007-ford-mustang-shelby-cobra-gt500.html

Kilrtoy
09-27-2006, 08:52 AM
What are you talking about? We are talking about Shelby, and a car that he has endorsed and that bares his name. I was giving you an example of how his name and endorsement being attached to a vehicle significantly raised the selling price.
I am suprised at you, but it has been a very bad week for my family and I so I will restrain from saying something I might regret later. :mad:
Here is a link about it BTW, read it and learn a little bit of auto history.
http://www.secondstrike.com/InTheNews/SuperformanceCoupe/BJ_PB_2006.htm
Comparing the replica Cobra that was built by Shelby himslef to a shelby mustang, that is what I was refering to.....

TwinMach26DCB
09-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Who's the Ford hookup... I need the Photoglou of Fords !! Someone said he's getting one for 5K over -- SIGN ME UP FOR THAT>>> I'm in...

MR HARLEY
09-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Who's the Ford hookup... I need the Photoglou of Fords !! Someone said he's getting one for 5K over -- SIGN ME UP FOR THAT>>> I'm in...
ME TOO!

framer1
09-28-2006, 06:25 AM
Talked to the local ford dealer, he has one in stock white with blue stripe....He asking 20,000 over sticker. To much! What does everybody think of the new str8 Charger with the 426 Hemi (425 hp) for 40,000...Thinking that thing would haul a$$ :)

Cole Trickle
09-28-2006, 07:43 AM
Talked to the local ford dealer, he has one in stock white with blue stripe....He asking 20,000 over sticker. To much! What does everybody think of the new str8 Charger with the 426 Hemi (425 hp) for 40,000...Thinking that thing would haul a$$ :)
I was really impressed with all of the SRT-8 vehicles.
I have not driven the Charger and have plenty of seat time in the 300/Magnum variations. If you want a big heavy car that hauls ass you need to go drive it. The 300 I drove made 360 hp to the wheels and did about the coolest 0-60 burnout I have ever been around!! :crossx:
On a side note I like the RT Magnum better than the 300C but I liked the SRT-8 300 better than the Magnum.

Dave C
09-28-2006, 08:04 AM
I drove one. I liked it. Handled very good. Looks great (IMHO)
As I am told its built on a Mercedes chassis. smooth, quiet, etc. etc. Lots of Mercedes parts too.
I went another direction to a slighly smaller and faster car. But I liked the size of the interior compared to all the comparable cars. Plus I just like the way it sounded. Now I am second guessing my decision ;) :rollside:
If you are looking for a roomy interior and a car that hauls arse.. go check it out.

centerhill condor
09-28-2006, 08:56 AM
FORD should build thousands of these things so they make money for the company and don't end up in a museum after the co goes broke! $20k over sticker..do you have to make all the money off of one car?
New T-Bird ....they overpriced and didn't sell so now we're not making 'em and laying people off! How does that marketing plan work?
We build good cars that people like and then act as if we can't build no more than 1/3 of what people want...and wonder why we're laying people off...is it some weird tax write off or what? new math?

Kilrtoy
09-28-2006, 09:10 AM
http://www.ryanpatrickdean.com/Magnumpolice/SilverMagnumAndBlackandWhiteChargerLarge.jpg

spectras only
09-28-2006, 10:31 AM
http://www.ryanpatrickdean.com/Magnumpolice/SilverMagnumAndBlackandWhiteChargerLarge.jpg
Kilr , what model Mustangs are these ? :p
They sure don't look like Chargers , had a 68 once :rollside:

bubbledeck3
09-28-2006, 11:08 AM
I usually buy Hormel chili, but maybe I'll switch over to Carrol Shelby chili .. surely it will be a classic someday!
Vettes are special. Always have been, always will be. Can you say the same for all years of Mustangs? And it still amazes me how much the "all new Mustang" looks so much like the old Mustang. If you can't come up with a new hot look I suppose rehashing an old one is about the best you can do.
My sister bought a 66 Mustang new. Still has it. I drove it back in the day and thought it was the most under torqed and ill handling piece of crap I ever drove.
With all that being said, I am not a "chevy" guy. I've owned all brands over the years, think most are good cars but Chevy has always had the edge on styling and performance.
The foregoing is my opinion and you're entitled to it.

dmontzsta
09-28-2006, 11:19 AM
gqchris is the Ford hookup.

noxiousz28
09-28-2006, 12:31 PM
You must be talking about the non supercharged version of the Shelby and not the GT500. From everything I have heard and read about the 500hp supercharged GT500 it is a great car.
Dude look at the source moddedmustangs.com. of course it's going to be a great car.

Sleek-Jet
09-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Comparing the replica Cobra that was built by Shelby himslef to a shelby mustang, that is what I was refering to.....
Shelby doesn't build replica Cobra's... you buy one from him, it's the real deal... Ol' Carol has spent a rather large sum of money quashing the kit Cobra industry...
Probably because most of them had the skoop on backwards and ugly shifters. :D :idea:

Kilrtoy
09-28-2006, 12:46 PM
:
Shelby doesn't build replica Cobra's... you buy one from him, it's the real deal... Ol' Carol has spent a rather large sum of money quashing the kit Cobra industry...
Probably because most of them had the skoop on backwards and ugly shifters. :D :idea:
IM JUST REPEATING WHAT HAVASU CIG STATED,

Cole Trickle
09-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Pretty sure they are assembled by a company other than Shelby's.
They consider them real Shelby's because back when they stopped making the cars in the 60's they had a shop full of left over frames and bodies that are technically real shelby's. In my opinion they are not the same as the originals but they should be worth more than the re produced replicas.

Sleek-Jet
09-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Right, but if you go to LV and buy a Cobra from Shelby, it ain't a replica...
15 years ago you could buy a kit for a couple grand and build a "cobra"... that is hardly the case anymore.
I think he also endorses the guys that build the Eleanor (sp?) Super Snakes down in Texas. :idea:

TwinMach26DCB
10-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Black one with white stripes in my garage this weekend... All I can say is I've owned nearly every muscle car -- 69 dz 302 z/28 , bb chevelles, pro street cars, early, mid and newer vette / Original 5K mile 69cobra jet stang / Novas / Firebirds -- Nice, nice stuff...
NOTHING has ever compared to what this Shelby is all about... AND I'm not going to get dirty owning it... The supercharger kicking in is a friggin GAS !! I'm a chevy guy and like CIG said, in 5 years you've got another Vette... In 5 years this will still be a Shelby...
The governor is set to kick in at 155 --- and something interesting is the computer is set to NOT ALLOW any boost until the car hits 50 miles on the ODO.. Thus eliminating the possibility of transporters and lot lizards the ability to blow them up... I was able to get all the dealer correspondence with FORD showing his 2007 SVT dealer allotment..
1 UNIT.. Only 1..
It's only money right ???

SoCalOffshore
10-04-2006, 07:25 PM
from what i have read they are saying 0 to 60 in 4.9 seconds. that is not very fast for this level of car and HP. a stock C6 is 4.2 seconds i believe.

Kilrtoy
10-04-2006, 07:35 PM
from what i have read they are saying 0 to 60 in 4.9 seconds. that is not very fast for this level of car and HP. a stock C6 is 4.2 seconds i believe.
So true 500Hp Mustang loses to a 400HP corvette

Daytona100
10-04-2006, 08:02 PM
So true 500Hp Mustang loses to a 400HP corvette
Not comparing apples to apples. Mustangs were always compared to camaros etc. Other 4 seater vehicles. Z06 vetts are in a different league and price range and Gm has no imagination and now there trying to play catch-up as usuall. I would personnally rather have the Shelby with the blower.

Kilrtoy
10-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Not comparing apples to apples. Mustangs were always compared to camaros etc. Other 4 seater vehicles. Z06 vetts are in a different league and price range and Gm has no imagination and now there trying to play catch-up as usuall. I would personnally rather have the Shelby with the blower.
HOLD ON, we are comparing a bone stock vette to a super hot rod mustang, The Z06 will CRUSH the super mustang and the stock vette and almost everything else built

dmontzsta
10-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Are we talking straightline? or track here?

Kilrtoy
10-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Are we talking straightline? or track here?
Does not matter the mustang loses in both

spectras only
10-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Don't quite beleive that the Shelby only will do 4.9 0-60 :argue: :) . The 260 HP GT did 5.4 . Will test my colleague's with G-Tech meter when it arrives .
Those magazine guys are biased :p .

YeLLowBoaT
10-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Damn shame that GM loses over 10k for each vet they sell.( and they wonder why they are losing $$$$$$ :) ) Gm has NEVER made money on the vet line.
the vet has a crub weight of 3179, the shelby gt is 3920. Thats a huge diff. you can't compare a vet to a mustang, they are two complely diffrent animals. one is a purpose built 2 seat, impractical, unconferable preformance car, the other is a 4 seat, pratical( to a point.) conferable, preformance PASSENGER car. Don't even get me started on the diffrence in materails used.

Kilrtoy
10-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Damn shame that GM loses over 10k for each vet they sell.( and they wonder why they are losing $$$$$$ :) ) Gm has NEVER made money on the vet line.
the vet has a crub weight of 3179, the shelby gt is 3920. Thats a huge diff. you can't compare a vet to a mustang, they are two complely diffrent animals. one is a purpose built 2 seat, impractical, unconferable preformance car, the other is a 4 seat, pratical( to a point.) conferable, preformance PASSENGER car. Don't even get me started on the diffrence in materails used.
I have to disagree here,
My vette is one of the nicest feeling cars i have owned, better than mercedes,IMO, the stang was not comfortable at all, my vette got better mileage on the street than my stang EVER got on the highway. The vette is way more user friendly than the stang, BUt yes they are different cars, one is a sports car and one is a grand touring