PDA

View Full Version : My dad left my mom after 35 yrs of marriage. :(

beaverretriever
09-26-2006, 10:50 AM
My dad must have ADD or somthing. The fricken guy and stay in one place for very long. They were living on the central coast and moved to Boulder City about a yr ago. My dad hated living by the beach (too overcast and crap every day). So they moved near my wife and I. Now he says its too hot and he wants to move to fricken Gardnerville. He wants to live in "cowboy country" as he puts it.
My mom is sick of moving, so my dad left her this morning.
Im pretty depressed. I dont really know what to do. I think maybe my father needs some kind of mood mediator like Prozac or somthing.
Sorry to bring up personal problems. I just needed to vent.
Thanks for listening. :)

beaverretriever
09-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Sorry to hear this, unfortunately Gardnerville is pretty hot too, and in the Winter, it's phuckin cold, hope that he likes it...
LOL, thats what I told him. He doesnt listen to anyone... :mad:

Ziggy
09-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Sorry to hear.......that would really bother me too. Hope it can be worked out.....and frankly, its probably good your mom finally put down her foot and spoke up about how she feels.

Jyruiz
09-26-2006, 11:08 AM
He will be back.

RitcheyRch
09-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Sorry to hear that.

ahhell
09-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Im having in-law problems ........about the same thing, a little differant, WTF after you hit 60 the brain turns to mush or something :220v: :220v: :220v:

lucky
09-26-2006, 11:16 AM
maybe he should move to Garberville - - its a very RELAXING medicated place - dam parents are crazy huh

beerjet
09-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Beaver . My parents have been at each oters throats for as long as I can remember and there are times that I wish they would just split up and stop all the yelling . Maybe now your father will be happy being were he's at and you can keep a real good eye on moms . take care of your mom , cuz pops are some strange dudes , at least mine is . Unfortunate news and I hope everything gets better.
-beerjet-

lewiville
09-26-2006, 11:32 AM
my vote is that once he is out there for a week he is going to realize what he has lost and come right back.

BADAXE
09-26-2006, 11:41 AM
The funny thing is, this has been a very mild summer in Boulder City. Seems like it has been 10 degrees below average for the last month or two. Best of luck to your Mom, B.C. is a great place to live.

beaverretriever
09-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the support you guys.
Im not going to worry about it. What can you do? I seriously think my dad needs some sort of meds. He has always been kind of a gypsy. He hates staying in one place, and it makes it soooo hard on my mom. She loves being near my wife and I. I like to be near them as well.
I never thought in a million yrs my parents would split. My dad is 63 and my mom is 57. I would think that they would stay together forever.

GOFSTSUMDAY
09-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Beaver,
I'm in the same boat. My stepasshole left my mother on Valentines day this year after 28 years together. Their break up is getting pretty nasty. After building a very profitable business together for the last 23 years, the ass thinks he is going to walk with everything. Mom went back to work at a dental office doing the books from 9-5 for about $9.00 an hour, while the ass works about 30 hours a month and brings in about $280,000 a year. I just wish I didn't live a thousand miles away from mom, she could sure use some family around right now. Guess that explains my $300 a month phone bill for the last six months.

beaverretriever
09-26-2006, 11:50 AM
My parents dont fight. My dad is just crazy and has this thing about not staying still. He gets moody until my mom gives in and then they move.
He headed up to northern Nv this morning to go look at houses. My poor mom is so bummed, so she is going to come over to our house and have a drink or two or three or four...LOL :crossx:

chub
09-26-2006, 12:11 PM
My parents dont fight. My dad is just crazy and has this thing about not staying still. He gets moody until my mom gives in and then they move.
He headed up to northern Nv this morning to go look at houses. My poor mom is so bummed, so she is going to come over to our house and have a drink or two or three or four...LOL :crossx:
You've only got one Mum me olde son. Take care of her. She did for you!
You live by this and you'll feel much better bout it all!

havaduner
09-26-2006, 01:27 PM
You've only got one Mum me olde son. Take care of her. She did for you!
You live by this and you'll feel much better bout it all!
Sorry to hear about this John, listen to chub on this one. Trust me, even though someone else gave me this same advice years ago, my mom did a million more things for me than I ever did for her.

Scream
09-26-2006, 01:34 PM
This kinda reminds me of my Grandparents. My grandfather was like your dad, a gypsy. He moved my grandmother and her 11 (yes 11) children all over God's creation. On thier 5th move in Southern California (dozens more before they got here), my grandma had enough and somehow got the house put in her name (not sure of all the details here). My grandfather tried to move again, but my grandma wouldn't budge, so that was the last move they made. They lived happily together when the dust settled, but from what I understand it was quite a scene. Hang in there and try not to take sides, it'll make things ugly. Your dad should be back soon.
Scream

beaverretriever
09-26-2006, 02:03 PM
This kinda reminds me of my Grandparents. My grandfather was like your dad, a gypsy. He moved my grandmother and her 11 (yes 11) children all over God's creation. On thier 5th move in Southern California (dozens more before they got here), my grandma had enough and somehow got the house put in her name (not sure of all the details here). My grandfather tried to move again, but my grandma wouldn't budge, so that was the last move they made. They lived happily together when the dust settled, but from what I understand it was quite a scene. Hang in there and try not to take sides, it'll make things ugly. Your dad should be back soon.
Scream
I hope that is what happens.
Whatever happens, I love them both. I just want them to be happy.

centerhill condor
09-26-2006, 02:08 PM
could be the smartest thing he's done in years...the tricky thing is not to get stuck in the middle no matter how old you are!

squirt'nmyload
09-26-2006, 02:18 PM
my parents divorced when i was young....i don't really remember it....my mom has been there everyday for me if i ever needed anything.....maybe talk to my dad 2 times a month..sounds like your dad will be back....but if he buys a corvette then you should be worried http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/smilies0715.gif

beaverretriever
09-26-2006, 02:46 PM
sounds like your dad will be back....but if he buys a corvette then you should be worried http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/smilies0715.gif
LOL.. :) :rollside: and some gold chains.

Biglue
09-26-2006, 03:13 PM
That sucks buddy. Sometimes those ole timers need to learn the hard way much like their children. I'm sure your mother will hurt through this but I bet you your pops will get lonely and reconsider the life time at her side his pissing away. Hopefully it wont take him very long. Best of luck to you and your folks bro. Keep your chin up.

JetBoatRich
09-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Im having in-law problems ........about the same thing, a little differant, WTF after you hit 60 the brain turns to mush or something :220v: :220v: :220v:
60, good I still have a few good years left :rolleyes:

gramps
09-26-2006, 06:52 PM
look out a$$ hole I might move in with you.................

a catered life
09-26-2006, 07:23 PM
My dad must have ADD or somthing. The fricken guy and stay in one place for very long. They were living on the central coast and moved to Boulder City about a yr ago. My dad hated living by the beach (too overcast and crap every day). So they moved near my wife and I. Now he says its too hot and he wants to move to fricken Gardnerville. He wants to live in "cowboy country" as he puts it.
My mom is sick of moving, so my dad left her this morning.
Im pretty depressed. I dont really know what to do. I think maybe my father needs some kind of mood mediator like Prozac or somthing.
Sorry to bring up personal problems. I just needed to vent.
Thanks for listening. :)
sorry to hear about the bad news but it seems like your dad may be going thru something more than you may know about :cry: ........after 25 years its hard to be without a person you have more than grown to know...your mom just needs your support and dont treat dad like a ass but listen when he speaks

GHT
09-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Divorce Sucks...... :mad:

beaverretriever
09-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks for help. Im going to try talking to my dad. Hopefully we can sort some stuff out with him.

ratso
09-27-2006, 05:10 AM
Nothing is forever... Roll with it. :rollside:

SummerBreeze
09-27-2006, 05:37 AM
He must be looking for something and I not so sure he will find what he is looking for here in Gardnerville.
It used to be more cowboy country here but the city keeps moving in and the change is happening
It's not the single seen here but more familys cold winters and short summers
sorry I feel your pain brother
sometimes people do crazy things then they understand later that it was better where they started

beaverretriever
09-27-2006, 08:54 AM
He must be looking for something and I not so sure he will find what he is looking for here in Gardnerville.
It used to be more cowboy country here but the city keeps moving in and the change is happening
It's not the single seen here but more familys cold winters and short summers
sorry I feel your pain brother
sometimes people do crazy things then they understand later that it was better where they started
I dont know how he will live without my mom. He cant even make fricken toast. I hope they have lots of good restaurants in Minden. LOL.
My poor mom came over for dinner last night and couldnt stop crying the whole time she was there. I feel really bad for her.
I do appreciate some of the replys. I have got some good info that may help my family out. :)

MsDrmr
09-27-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure it's just after 60, I belive it could be much earlier than that....