PDA

View Full Version : university of phoenix stadium???? wtf????

squirt'nmyload
09-26-2006, 02:02 PM
lmao......how fitting to name the new stadium after a college!!!!! and how is glendale gonna feel about this....having phoenix in the name.
unbelievable http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15016321/

Outnumbered
09-26-2006, 02:08 PM
lmao......how fitting to name the new stadium after a college!!!!! and how is glendale gonna feel about this....having phoenix in the name.
I think I liked Pink Taco stadium better :crossx:

Magic34
09-26-2006, 02:09 PM
$154.5 million over 20 years.

USCFAN
09-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Money talks..

djunkie
09-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Money talks..
Yup. And as much money as that damm school costs to attend they should have it.

BajaMike
09-26-2006, 02:14 PM
And they don't even have a football team..... :idea:
:rollside:

460 jus getn it
09-26-2006, 02:18 PM
What a crock of shit.............................................. ........................

squirt'nmyload
09-26-2006, 02:19 PM
And they don't even have a football team..... :idea:
lmao

Havasu_Dreamin
09-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Degrees from that place are also not held in the same high standard as traditional colleges/universities either.....

Magic34
09-26-2006, 02:29 PM
They are one of our biggest accounts at the moving company. Seems like they are moving stuff around every other week, and they are big moves too.

djunkie
09-26-2006, 02:33 PM
They are one of our biggest accounts at the moving company. Seems like they are moving stuff around every other week, and they are big moves too.
My g/f got her degree there. The student loan was unreal. Hopefully it works out for her.

DCBDaytona
09-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Degrees from that place are also not held in the same high standard as traditional colleges/universities either.....
Yes Sir...A University of Phoenix Degree, especially at the graduate levels, is pretty much useless. I

djunkie
09-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Yes Sir...A University of Phoenix Degree, especially at the graduate levels, is pretty much useless. I
Well it seems to have worked out pretty well for her. But she did only get her bachelors there.

Partycattin
09-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Now I know where all that tuition I paid is going! Free tickets for the alumni?

a catered life
09-26-2006, 06:01 PM
as a student (currently in class surfing on ***boat)i must disagree :rolleyes: ..maybe 20 years ago companies cared where your degree came from but nowadays corporate american only care if you have one or not......

Boatcop
09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Damn. Got out-bid at the last minute.
It was almost boatcop.com stadium.

squirt'nmyload
09-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Damn. Got out-bid at the last minute.
It was almost boatcop.com stadium.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/roflmao.gif

Wet Dream
09-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Why doesn't Glendale cough up the $$ to name it? Naming rights cost big bucks. Don't act like this is the first time this has happened either.
Aynone ever hear of Giants Stadium? Yeah? Where is is located? :yuk:

Boatcop
09-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Why Yes! I DO have a degree from the University of Phoenix. Would you like fries with that?
:crossx:

DCBDaytona
09-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Well it seems to have worked out pretty well for her. But she did only get her bachelors there.
It's not as important at the BA/BS level...But at the graduate level, it's shunned upon. Most Co's look at it as not having a Master's at all. I'm working on my MBA, and thought about going that route...It's not a good sign when a school doesn't even require the GMAT for business school. :p

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 06:27 PM
It's not as important at the BA/BS level...But at the graduate level, it's shunned upon. Most Co's look at it as not having a Master's at all. I'm working on my MBA, and thought about going that route...It's not a good sign when a school doesn't even require the GMAT for business school. :p
The only masters you are working on is the Eliminator Masters.
I will agree with you, a guy at work applied for a position and was told that is not a real degree, he appealed and lost

squirt'nmyload
09-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Why doesn't Glendale cough up the $$ to name it? Naming rights cost big bucks. Don't act like this is the first time this has happened either.
Aynone ever hear of Giants Stadium? Yeah? Where is is located? :yuk:
giants stadium is called giants stadium because there were no naming rights issued when it was built....like 3 rivers stadium, the vet, etc.....http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/annoyed.gif

AZKC
09-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Thats just about the lamest thing I've heard in awhile. Glad I made it before that crap takes affect :rolleyes:
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18119&stc=1

Havasu_Dreamin
09-26-2006, 07:28 PM
as a student (currently in class surfing on ***boat)i must disagree :rolleyes: ..maybe 20 years ago companies cared where your degree came from but nowadays corporate american only care if you have one or not......
Not at my employer.....but then again we are not considered 'Corporate America'.....I'm not saying it is right, but that is the facts of life if you want to work where I do.....Same goes for ITT and DeVry.....

Wet Dream
09-26-2006, 07:32 PM
giants stadium is called giants stadium because there were no naming rights issued when it was built....like 3 rivers stadium, the vet, etc.....http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/annoyed.gif
Right, but what I was getting at is that Giants Stadium is located in New Jersey, not New York.

BajaMike
09-26-2006, 07:40 PM
That is actually not true...thier degrees are pretty widely respected in the business community. And their job placements percentage in related careers are higher then any of the public colleges/universities......of course, they don't have a bunch of teen-age girls majoring in "communications".
I didn't go their, but that is a fact! :idea:

squirt'nmyload
09-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Right, but what I was getting at is that Giants Stadium is located in New Jersey, not New York.
gotcha http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/ok.gif
where in PA are you

BajaMike
09-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Phoenix and or Arizona has a football team ??? :yuk: :yuk: funny they get the big stadium, and they still suck !!!!!
Hey, the Arizona Cardinals are 1 & 2....way ahead of the Raiders....:D

djunkie
09-26-2006, 08:55 PM
My buddies wife got her Masters there and lets just say she is doing very well with it. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Classic Daycruiser
09-26-2006, 09:57 PM
University of Phoenix is similar to DeVRY Institute of Technology. Their schools have been around a long time, and well respected in most Forture 500 Businesses. A degree from a private school like these schools are about 60% more than an in-state university degree.
Unless your an MIT, Havard, or Yale Graduate. You'll find the starting pay is equal.
The degree gets you the interview. After that, it all about being the best at what you do, and the network of business connections you make along the way.
When I started Engineering school, there were 127 students in my class. When I finished, there were only 15.
If you ask me, I think naming the stadium after a company is just wrong.
If I were to name it:
1) Veterans Memorial
2) Cardinial Stadium
3) Silver Dome
4) Super Dome
5) or the pink taco :rolleyes:

gqchris
09-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Useless? Like everyone else has said, most Fortune 500 companies prefer their new hires with degrees from them and also send employees to continue their education because it is so catered to learning while holding a full time job. Its not like the schools you used to see with Sally Fields at 4am on the TV pitching you to to become a TV Technician, or a Medical Assistant.

lawbreaker2
09-27-2006, 06:03 AM
Cleveland browns ROCK :rollside: They will this year :rolleyes:

DCBDaytona
09-27-2006, 06:42 AM
Useless? Like everyone else has said, most Fortune 500 companies prefer their new hires with degrees from them and also send employees to continue their education because it is so catered to learning while holding a full time job. Its not like the schools you used to see with Sally Fields at 4am on the TV pitching you to to become a TV Technician, or a Medical Assistant.
I'm working full time, straight out of undergrad (23 y/o) and chose a true university to get my MBA...Most universities have what are called PMBA programs, professional MBAs. I work for a fortune 500 company and degrees from Phoeniz and La Verne are not held as high...And it's becoming more and more evident as more people are getting advanced degrees.
An MBA isn't an MBA nowadays, because it's the networking the students get from the school which is most important. That is what puts schools like Harvard, Yale, and Stanford MBAs at the top...
In the private, non-fortune 500 world, it's even worse. The competition is so steep, that in the finance sector most phoenix/la verne grads aren't getting the interviews.