PDA

View Full Version : Parker Water level in February

BrendellaJet
09-29-2006, 09:25 AM
Anyone know what I can expect if I am in Parker in February? (other than snow birds). Trying to plan an RV/camping river trip for a birthday.
All the charts I've looked at suggest that historically the water level will be okay, looking for first hand experiences though.
Can anyone recommend a particular location to camp that has RV hookups?

Boatcop
09-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Anyone know what I can expect if I am in Parker in February? (other than snow birds). Trying to plan an RV/camping river trip for a birthday.
All the charts I've looked at suggest that historically the water level will be okay, looking for first hand experiences though.
Can anyone recommend a particular location to camp that has RV hookups?
Water level won't be a problem.
As far as RV sites, they are at a premium that time of year with most of the privately owned parks full with long term (winter) visitors.
Try the public parks such as La Paz County Park (http://www.co.la-paz.az.us/LazPazCountyParks/subs/parkListings/laPazCounty/index.htm) or Buckskin State Park (http://www.azparks.gov/Parks/parkhtml/buckskin.html).
Buckskin has a limited number of "Reservation" sites, and La Paz is first-come first serve, but has a length of time limit, so the sites open and rotate often.

BrendellaJet
09-29-2006, 10:13 AM
thanks Boatcop!

OCMerrill
09-29-2006, 10:31 AM
I know right now River Lodge, Castle Rock, and Echo Lodge are all pretty full starting late November until like March. We tried to get some waterfront spaces for a week in December and no can do. Amazing.
The smowbird deal is Growing.
There is always room at LaPaz. It's BIG. No Res. and no hookups.

Boatcop
09-29-2006, 10:34 AM
I know right now River Lodge, Castle Rock, and Echo Lodge are all pretty full starting late November until like March. We tried to get some waterfront spaces for a week in December and no can do. Amazing.
La Paz has around 115 RV spaces with full hook-ups (including cable TV).

BrendellaJet
09-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Boatcop, how about the water level in Blythe? Thinking about McIntyre Park...

Wake Havasu
09-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Baby boomers and the overall aging of the US population.
By 2014 fully 1/3 of the US Work force will be 50 years of age and older!

OCMerrill
09-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Baby boomers and the overall aging of the US population.
By 2014 fully 1/3 of the US Work force will be 50 years of age and older!
in my best Chris Farley voice...
"Livin in a trailer (or $500k diesel pusher moho) down by the river!"

BrendellaJet
09-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Boatcop, how about the water level in blythe in February? Will there be any?