PDA

View Full Version : Anyone lose a boat in Havasu this weekend?

Tremor Girl
10-01-2006, 11:25 AM
We found an Essex boat floating out in front of the Islander this morning about 6:30. At first we thought someone was sleeping on it but when all the bass boats started taking off, it created enough waves to push it to shore. My hubby and his friend went down to the shore and walked it around to the other side of the island and tied it up. We told the Islander staff who said they were going to call the Sherrif.
I hope whoever it belonged to isn't stranded in a cove somewhere :2purples:

shadow
10-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Hope the owners are not stranded somwhere,You'd think they would have tied it up.Has to be a bad feeling to go out in the AM and your boat is not where you left it.
Just got off the water about an hr ago and theres a lavey parked in the Nautical cove (parked under water) the back 1/2 up to the top of the engine hatch.

djunkie
10-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Hope the owners are not stranded somwhere,You'd think they would have tied it up.Has to be a bad feeling to go out in the AM and your boat is not where you left it.
Just got off the water about an hr ago and theres a lavey parked in the Nautical cove (parked under water) the back 1/2 up to the top of the engine hatch.
That sucks.

BoatPI
10-01-2006, 12:10 PM
And last week someone had their Ultra stolen from storage..... Seee the 2006 stolen section, and an HTM taken from the strip..also from storage.
www.boatman.com (http://www.boatman.com)

catman-do
10-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Do they know which storage it was stolen from? Ive got a 2006 ultra stored at Campbels in havasu. Havent recieved any calls about it, but does kinda make me nervous.

Rod-64
10-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Do they know which storage it was stolen from? Ive got a 2006 ultra stored at Campbels in havasu. Havent recieved any calls about it, but does kinda make me nervous.
Campbells or Campbell Bros????
I'm heading to Campbell Bros now to work on my boat..........I could check your unit if you want.

River918
10-02-2006, 09:17 AM
If I leave the address for my storage, will someone please go take mine?

OutCole'd
10-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Any update? Were the owners found?

sara thomas
10-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Yea that was my boat....someone untied it from the Islander. Thanks for bringing it back home safe!

BajaMike
10-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Yea that was my boat....someone untied it from the Islander. Thanks for bringing it back home safe!
Nice first post....:D
:rollside: :) :rollside: :)

acatitude
10-02-2006, 10:49 AM
im missing a boat its a 36 ftr with twin 1075 and #6 drives, not sure of the make and cant remember the color, but if ya find it pm me please :rollside:

BoatPI
10-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Just a word to all of you..
This past year several boats were stolen from locked storage garages in the Havasu/Parker area. I will not go into detail as to how the locks were defeated, but I strongly suggest that everyone use at least one locking device on their rig in their garage. A padlock is a joke, so something like a MasterLock guard that is gold in color, or/and a wheel lock. Something that would take a crook a period of time, but more importantly make alot of noise to remove. Having someone in town check on your rig weekely is good idea too. Just casually looking at the garage lock from a car is NOT a good check. Open the garage and visually see if the boat is inside.
NONE of the boats that I worked the claims on were ever recovered.

Parker Dreamin
10-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Just a word to all of you..
This past year several boats were stolen from locked storage garages in the Havasu/Parker area. I will not go into detail as to how the locks were defeated, but I strongly suggest that everyone use at least one locking device on their rig in their garage. A padlock is a joke, so something like a MasterLock guard that is gold in color, or/and a wheel lock. Something that would take a crook a period of time, but more importantly make alot of noise to remove. Having someone in town check on your rig weekely is good idea too. Just casually looking at the garage lock from a car is NOT a good check. Open the garage and visually see if the boat is inside.
NONE of the boats that I worked the claims on were ever recovered.
can you post a pic or link to the Masterlock gaurd you recommend ?

Debbolas
10-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Glad you got your boat back Sara, BTW what is the "law of the Sea" reguarding craft found abandon? I was just wondering. Once at Lake Powell we found a couple house boat fenders and a jet ski (but we had to give them back ) :crossx:
Deb <-----------truely a pirate at heart :crossx: :rollside: :crossx:

Tequila-John
10-02-2006, 02:00 PM
can you post a pic or link to the Masterlock gaurd you recommend ?
Good post bud!

Tremor Girl
10-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Any update? Were the owners found?
No updates yet. We'll see if sara thomas is the real deal or not :p

Courtney
10-02-2006, 02:12 PM
I drank beer on the Essex boat in question with Sara Thomas and 7 others this weekend! I am sure she would have been bummed if the boat wasn't returned...she just put a brand new outdrive in it! :p

redneckgirl
10-02-2006, 02:16 PM
No updates yet. We'll see if sara thomas is the real deal or not :p
Hey TG are you stirring us $hit!!!! LOL You sure are bringing out some newbies!!
We have a swim meet in Dec at Long Beach...Is that close to you guys???
RNG

USCFAN
10-02-2006, 02:36 PM
No Pics?

Tremor Girl
10-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Hey TG are you stirring us $hit!!!! LOL You sure are bringing out some newbies!!
We have a swim meet in Dec at Long Beach...Is that close to you guys???
RNG
Hi RNG,
Not stirring anything :p We watched the boat floating for about 15 mins. about 100 yards off shore and couldn't figure out what the deal was. Once the water got rough, it pushed the boat close enough for us to see that there was no one one board :220v: We grabbed it and walked it around the island, tied it up and searched it for reg. papers.
Oh well, I hope it got back to it's rightful owners :rollside:
We're about 20-30 mins. from Long Beach. What days in Dec. will you be there? If we're home, we'll come meet you guys for dinner.

redneckgirl
10-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi RNG,
Not stirring anything :p We watched the boat floating for about 15 mins. about 100 yards off shore and couldn't figure out what the deal was. Once the water got rough, it pushed the boat close enough for us to see that there was no one one board :220v: We grabbed it and walked it around the island, tied it up and searched it for reg. papers.
Oh well, I hope it got back to it's rightful owners :rollside:
We're about 20-30 mins. from Long Beach. What days in Dec. will you be there? If we're home, we'll come meet you guys for dinner.
It is the weekend of Dec 8,9 & 10...When the meet sheet comes out I will let you know more details. We would love to meet up with you guys! :)
RNG

BoatPI
10-02-2006, 03:38 PM
There are two types that I have tested, and both are excellent. Remember most anything can be defeated. The masterLock that is gold in color and the Gorilla lock that is black in color. Both are available at most any marine supply store and they lock the area over the tounge preventing a theft. Someone could wrap a chain around most trailers and drag it, but it would be noisy and obvious.
And an important note try to rent at a facility that has a video with a recording DVR that documents all entrances and exits. Most newer facilities have this. Just ask, or ask them to install such a system. And also lock the trailer wheels too. Just make it difficult to tow away. I lock my trailer and it is in my house garage in Havasu. Sort of a delay feature if someone gets in the mood.
A shotgun works too, but I got hot waiting in the bushes for the golden opportunity.

Wake Havasu
10-02-2006, 03:43 PM
It was out of gas.
You mean they can be refilled!
In that case has any one seen 25 foot daytona, a 26 lavey, a 24 E ticket...

wsuwrhr
10-02-2006, 03:59 PM
I hope someone lets a Trident loose one day.
SCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian

Tequila-John
10-02-2006, 04:04 PM
There are two types that I have tested, and both are excellent. Remember most anything can be defeated. The masterLock that is gold in color and the Gorilla lock that is black in color. Both are available at most any marine supply store and they lock the area over the tounge preventing a theft. Someone could wrap a chain around most trailers and drag it, but it would be noisy and obvious.
And an important note try to rent at a facility that has a video with a recording DVR that documents all entrances and exits. Most newer facilities have this. Just ask, or ask them to install such a system. And also lock the trailer wheels too. Just make it difficult to tow away. I lock my trailer and it is in my house garage in Havasu. Sort of a delay feature if someone gets in the mood.
A shotgun works too, but I got hot waiting in the bushes for the golden opportunity.
Is there a web site you suggest going too?

Parker Dreamin
10-03-2006, 06:11 AM
I am having trouble finding the Gold Masterlock... anybody can help ?

Tequila-John
10-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Me too bud

catman-do
10-03-2006, 07:35 AM
Campbells or Campbell Bros????
I'm heading to Campbell Bros now to work on my boat..........I could check your unit if you want.
Mine is at Campells, just accross the street from Windsor. I already called up there and they checked for me. Everything is cool! :rollside:

OutCole'd
10-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Maybe something like this?
West Marine (http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/134454/0/0/masterlock/All_2/mode%20matchallpartial/15/0)

Hal
10-03-2006, 07:58 AM
Try here. http://www.e-trailer.com/

beerjet
10-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Can someone explain how this happens . :confused: I've left my 18' jet tied to a house boat on mead for four (4) days and one night the wind picked up real good too . No sinky . WTF .

Parker Dreamin
10-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Maybe something like this?
West Marine (http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/134454/0/0/masterlock/All_2/mode%20matchallpartial/15/0)
dont see the gold masterlock.......

Tequila-John
10-03-2006, 01:13 PM
dont see the gold masterlock.......
Me either bud

spectratoad
10-03-2006, 01:46 PM
I could check your unit if you want.
Does this subject really go here or should it be in the congressman thread? :p :) :) :)

cola
10-03-2006, 02:59 PM
This is the one he is talking about.
http://www.buyasafe.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=260
Thers one for a 2" ball type trailer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRAILER-LOCK-MASTER-LOCK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33720QQihZ001QQite mZ110036235443QQrdZ1
A different style.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Master-Lock-Trailer-Lock-Fits-all-trailers-379DAT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50069QQihZ015QQi temZ250035161124QQrdZ1

ChumpChange
10-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Can someone explain how this happens . :confused: I've left my 18' jet tied to a house boat on mead for four (4) days and one night the wind picked up real good too . No sinky . WTF .
This happened to a freind's ultra at the nautical one evening. After getting too wasted to take the boat off the water, he beached it at the nautical. All of the cove spots were taken so the boat was not protected to the open water. There was a lot of wind and waves, the water came in the exhaust vents on the transom. Over time, the bilge burned out and water was no longer exiting while entering. Fortunately, it did not get too far under water where the engine was under but almost.
That is how it happens.

INFINITEJJ
10-03-2006, 03:25 PM
I hope someone lets a Trident loose one day.
SCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian
Tridents look like a big ass sea slug! Anyone seen my 23' Ultra deckboat?