PDA

View Full Version : MDR race yesterday in Lucerne Valley

Ivan Dan
10-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Brandin (Cole Trickle) and I were at "the wall" just watching the race and we witnessed this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dU9M055RlU) in person. Quite impressive for a limited class race vehicle.

sigepmock
10-01-2006, 07:12 PM
That's nothing you should see Brandin in the Rhino on sand Highway......no beer or beef jerky is safe... :crossx:
Was that a broken shock hanging off the back axle before they even hit the jump.....??

Ivan Dan
10-01-2006, 07:28 PM
That's nothing you should see Brandin in the Rhino on sand Highway......no beer or beef jerky is safe... :crossx:
Was that a broken shock hanging off the back axle before they even hit the jump.....??
We thought so but it ended up being part of his exhaust system dangling. Ha Ha Ha Good eye though.
You need to let Brandin and I take your LT Rhino for a spin to see if we should do it or not! :crossx: :cool: :rollside:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Dan, I'm sure Jeff will be bummed when he finds out you were there. He was the crew chief for the Cherokee's team. Maybe you guys will meet up in baja.
Here's a link to that team's site.
Fat City Racing ( http://www.fatcityoffroadracing.com)

Big Kahunaa
10-01-2006, 09:37 PM
that's some f'ing air

Sportin' Wood
10-02-2006, 05:47 AM
that's some f'ing air
That was pretty much the death blow to the car. Motor mount, and front link broke. The car went about another 2 miles and I had to go collect it. It was dieing anyway due to what sounds like a stripped spool in the rear end. I am amazed he was able to get that kind of speed with the rear end letting go. :p
Bummer is after starting in 13th place we made 2nd place in time by the first check point. We spent a lot of time working on the suspension and I'm happy with the way it was working. We where running above the class pace when the rear end let go about race mile 30 in the first lap. I think there was a low finish percentage in that class this race. Something like 6-7 cars out of 24. :crossx:
At least we won the pot for best jump :rollside:

Riverkid
10-02-2006, 06:50 AM
Watching that made my kidney's hurt... :)

Cole Trickle
10-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Brandin (Cole Trickle) and I were at "the wall" just watching the race and we witnessed this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dU9M055RlU) in person. Quite impressive for a limited class race vehicle.
That jump was impressive to say the least!!!
When he was headed for the Jump Dan and I were disscussing what looked to be a broken shock or exhaust.
Seemed to land decent but you know there would be problems after going that big.

Cole Trickle
10-02-2006, 07:52 AM
:crossx: :p :D
Dan gave me a run for my money on saturday. On Sandhighway I was lucky and stayed on top.
Dan lawndarted us pretty good with stock belts on a nasty whooped out section;) :crossx:
I won't even get into the scary mountain accent/decent!!! :220v: :p

Big Kahunaa
10-02-2006, 08:15 AM
That was pretty much the death blow to the car. Motor mount, and front link broke. The car went about another 2 miles and I had to go collect it. It was dieing anyway due to what sounds like a stripped spool in the rear end. I am amazed he was able to get that kind of speed with the rear end letting go. :p
Bummer is after starting in 13th place we made 2nd place in time by the first check point. We spent a lot of time working on the suspension and I'm happy with the way it was working. We where running above the class pace when the rear end let go about race mile 30 in the first lap. I think there was a low finish percentage in that class this race. Something like 6-7 cars out of 24. :crossx:
that's the jeep speed class right i knew there had to be some damage after that

Sportin' Wood
10-02-2006, 08:35 AM
that's the jeep speed class right i knew there had to be some damage after that
Yea, only 10" of wheel travel in the front of that pig. I think it landed pretty well considering. Yes that's whats left of the muffler dangeling. :crossx:

Ivan Dan
10-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Dan, I'm sure Jeff will be bummed when he finds out you were there. He was the crew chief for the Cherokee's team. Maybe you guys will meet up in baja.
Here's a link to that team's site.
Fat City Racing ( http://www.fatcityoffroadracing.com)
Brandin and I decided on Friday evening to shoot out there and bomb the Rhino around a little.
Dan gave me a run for my money on saturday. On Sandhighway I was lucky and stayed on top.
Dan lawndarted us pretty good with stock belts on a nasty whooped out section
I won't even get into the scary mountain accent/decent!!!
I just wanted to test the skid plate a little for all of us Rhino owners to make sure they would hold up. :cool: :)
Stock seat belts HAVE TO GO ASAP!!! I can't believe I went this long with those stupid things still in there.

Ivan Dan
10-02-2006, 03:31 PM
You guys definitely won that contest!!! $450 or so right? Too bad that won't begin to fix all the damage they caused. HA HA HA Its all in good fun right? :crossx: :p :220v:

Cole Trickle
10-02-2006, 03:44 PM
I just wanted to test the skid plate a little for all of us Rhino owners to make sure they would hold up. :cool: :)
Stock seat belts HAVE TO GO ASAP!!! I can't believe I went this long with those stupid things still in there.
It was a good day.... :p No broken bones or flipped Rhinos. Shoot the Rhino stayed in the truck after the tie down broke!!! :crossx:
Do you have my Goggles?(I think I left them in the truck :) )
I can't wait until you go long travel so I buy those Foxes off you for $200.00 :p :idea:

Ivan Dan
10-02-2006, 04:11 PM
It was a good day.... :p No broken bones or flipped Rhinos. Shoot the Rhino stayed in the truck after the tie down broke!!! :crossx:
Do you have my Goggles?(I think I left them in the truck :) )
I can't wait until you go long travel so I buy those Foxes off you for $200.00 :p :idea:
I have your goggles and sweatshirt....I'm holding them hostage though. :crossx: Maybe we can hook up in the next couple days and trade my ladder and flood lights for your stuff.

Dusty Times
10-02-2006, 04:45 PM
When you see that kinda crowd waiting for you....You're about to become the entertainment!
Watch Out!
Great video Dan!

hot_diggity_dog
10-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Sweet Video.
Big Air!!
HDD

Sportin' Wood
10-03-2006, 06:21 AM
You guys definitely won that contest!!! $450 or so right? Too bad that won't begin to fix all the damage they caused. HA HA HA Its all in good fun right? :crossx: :p :220v:
Honestly, The team is getting way more miles out of that jump then had we won the class. I have not seen much hype about the guy who won so The cost of a motor mount some welding and a couple engine parts are well worth the mutiple sites I have seen the pics on. :idea:

Redneck
10-03-2006, 06:33 AM
my buddy was racing in the limited buggy race dont know how he did yet sounds like it was a great time thanks for the video