PDA

View Full Version : Rower Flats

n8dawg
10-01-2006, 03:32 PM
We went riding there on saturday, never even knew of this place untill we called the Santa Barbara Forrest Service and found out that all the trails in Santa Barbara and Ventura including Hungry Valley were closed due to the day fire. She then told us about Rower Flats.
Pretty cool place. We didn't explore to much (first ride on my new bike and a test in tune day for my fiance's KX)
Does anybody have any info on that place?

77charger
10-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Is that the place they use to call texas canyon? off sierra highway.I havent been there in over 20 yrs we use to go alot use to have a shooting area also toward bouqet canyon rd.Also use to camp out there for the weekends it can get very cold there at night.
Use to be a flat area where we would park and ride from there ride down the trail-road then can ride up to a resevoir too.Many memories from there probably aint the same anymore i can bet alot of spots we use to ride on have probably been closed over the years

RitcheyRch
10-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Yes, its the same place. Used to go there a lot back in the 80's myself. Remember trying to get the red dirt off of everything.
http://www.alvp.com/Rowher%20Flat.htm
Is that the place they use to call texas canyon? off sierra highway.I havent been there in over 20 yrs we use to go alot use to have a shooting area also toward bouqet canyon rd.Also use to camp out there for the weekends it can get very cold there at night.
Use to be a flat area where we would park and ride from there ride down the trail-road then can ride up to a resevoir too.Many memories from there probably aint the same anymore i can bet alot of spots we use to ride on have probably been closed over the years

77charger
10-01-2006, 05:01 PM
I didnt remember the cleaning part my uncles and dad use to do that.Might have to make a trip up there to take my son will bring back more memories of the good times we had there.
Alot of peeps use to go out there then use to ride the road to bouqet canyon and back i was probably 8-10 when i was last there guess its been more like21-23 yrs since i have been :rollside:

n8dawg
10-01-2006, 05:14 PM
We thought that place was pretty cool and we're looking forward to exploring it some more.

RitcheyRch
10-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Is definitely a nice place to go and normally not as crowded as Gorman. I remember we went one year and on the way back the truck broke. We unloaded the quads and rode them down Sierra Highway to my buddies Dad's house which was near Soledad Cyn Rd. You should have seen the looks on the people driving on Sierra Hwy.