PDA

View Full Version : Great weekend in Havasu. Boy, the lake is low.

beaverretriever
10-01-2006, 06:08 PM
It was awesome. The boat ran great, had great food, and met some nice people. We didnt meet any HBers, oh well.
Boy the lake was low. We didnt even go up to Sandbar, much too low. We saw a couple boats get stuck in the real low part just north of the lake.

Hardly Satisfied
10-01-2006, 06:18 PM
went to the marina saturday got turned away

beaverretriever
10-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Our boat is only 23', so we had no problem. We sure saw a ton of you Advantage guys. I hope the Regatta was fun.

cc322
10-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Glad to hear you had fun btw how were the acomadations? :p

beaverretriever
10-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Glad to hear you had fun btw how were the acomadations? :p
It was great. We cant wait to go again. It sure is quiet there. I almost couldnt sleep because is was so quiet. :)

ultra27jay
10-01-2006, 06:57 PM
i got turned away also on saturday. had to go to site 6. boy was that scary! i made it to sand bar. i trimed up as far as i could and held it WOT. i saw a lot of boats just sitting, stuck i think? i never even looked back. no problems. it was a good day only got out on the water for about 2 1/2 hours. but well worth it. :cool:

Throttle
10-01-2006, 09:53 PM
OK everyone needs to come back to havi and pee in da pool, reports seem to continue coming in that the levels are too low... I will be launching (somewhere) on Tuesday. :idea:

purrfecttremor
10-02-2006, 03:21 AM
Holly shiat it was low....Almost ventured up river to the sandbar but i got smart!

framer1
10-02-2006, 04:10 AM
It was awesome. The boat ran great, had great food, and met some nice people. We didnt meet any HBers, oh well.
Boy the lake was low. We didnt even go up to Sandbar, much too low. We saw a couple boats get stuck in the real low part just north of the lake.
We went up to the sandbar on saturday, it was pretty crowded around three o'clock. No problem with low water. Went all the way to Mobia. I hate to admit it but Kilr was right about le at devils elbow :) Sunday we ran up to Havasu springs with shadow and wife...Good weekend...I did spend to much time at the naked turtle but my old body will heal.

beaverretriever
10-02-2006, 04:56 AM
i got turned away also on saturday. had to go to site 6. boy was that scary! i made it to sand bar. i trimed up as far as i could and held it WOT. i saw a lot of boats just sitting, stuck i think? i never even looked back. no problems. it was a good day only got out on the water for about 2 1/2 hours. but well worth it. :cool:
LOL, we saw you guys jam across that low part (recognize your boat from your Avatar). You were throwing up mud. Everyone sitting next to us couldnt believe it... We just hit 16hrs this weekend, I dont know my boat well enough to run it through those really shallow spots.
My wife and I were like crazy kids... :D (we are only in our early 30s btw) :p
Glad to hear you didnt tear anything up. :)

shadow
10-02-2006, 05:12 AM
We went up to the sandbar on saturday, it was pretty crowded around three o'clock. No problem with low water. Went all the way to Mobia. I hate to admit it but Kilr was right about le at devils elbow :) Sunday we ran up to Havasu springs with shadow and wife...Good weekend...I did spend to much time at the naked turtle but my old body will heal.
Bruce looks like you made the dreaded drive home.Hope it was uneventful.
Thanks again for breakfast and the Boat ride.Hope to see you guys again soon,Come down anytime.

Havasu Hangin'
10-02-2006, 05:40 AM
We made it up to the sandbar on Saturday afternoon...no worries.
Just tee it high, and let it fly...lol.

framer1
10-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Bruce looks like you made the dreaded drive home.Hope it was uneventful.
Thanks again for breakfast and the Boat ride.Hope to see you guys again soon,Come down anytime.
Only problem it rained...So all that clean up was for nothing :cry: No problem on the breakfast and boat ride...Sorry it was so short.

lawbreaker2
10-02-2006, 06:54 AM
What no pic's :cry:

ultra27jay
10-02-2006, 08:31 AM
LOL, we saw you guys jam across that low part (recognize your boat from your Avatar). You were throwing up mud. Everyone sitting next to us couldnt believe it... We just hit 16hrs this weekend, I dont know my boat well enough to run it through those really shallow spots.
My wife and I were like crazy kids... :D (we are only in our early 30s btw) :p
Glad to hear you didnt tear anything up. :)
HEY IM ONLY 33! SO I GUESS WE ALL CRAZY KIDS. LOL... NEXT TIME JUST FOLLOW ME. IT EXCITES ME GOING THREW THERE. I MADE THE MISTAKE ONCE LAST YEAR WHEN I FIRST GOT MY BOAT. I DID PANIC AND SHUT IT DOWN AND GOT STUCK. NOW I JUST PIN IT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST. NO WORRIES. THATS FUNNY I KEPT LOOKING BACK AND SAW NO MUD? NEXT TIME WAVE ME DOWN AND SAY HI. ILL EVEN BUY U A COLD ONE..... :crossx:

Jordy
10-02-2006, 08:35 AM
We made it up to the sandbar on Saturday afternoon...no worries.
Just tee it high, and let it fly...lol.
I can just imagine the conversation:
HH: Hey Dan, lets run up to the Sandbar.
Kroozin: Doesn't the water seem a little low to be running up there??
HH: Water smater, who cares because it's not your boat anymore anyway. Now just go really fast and you'll draft less Gopher.
Kroozin: Did you just call me Gopher??? :D :D :D

beaverretriever
10-02-2006, 07:50 PM
HEY IM ONLY 33! SO I GUESS WE ALL CRAZY KIDS. LOL... NEXT TIME JUST FOLLOW ME. IT EXCITES ME GOING THREW THERE. I MADE THE MISTAKE ONCE LAST YEAR WHEN I FIRST GOT MY BOAT. I DID PANIC AND SHUT IT DOWN AND GOT STUCK. NOW I JUST PIN IT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST. NO WORRIES. THATS FUNNY I KEPT LOOKING BACK AND SAW NO MUD? NEXT TIME WAVE ME DOWN AND SAY HI. ILL EVEN BUY U A COLD ONE..... :crossx:
That is too funny. My wife was laughing when I told her you posted. She recognizes your boat from your avatar as well.
BTW. Im 33 and my wife is 29... :)

Kilrtoy
10-02-2006, 08:36 PM
I hate to admit it but Kilr was right about le at devils elbow :) .
OH GEEZ, that was sweet.... :boxed:

Kilrtoy
10-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Where is teh pics of your wife... :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

beaverretriever
10-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Where is teh pics of your wife... :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
LOL, I will post a couple if you want. I have to get her to put them in the computer. I dont know how to do any of that crap. We took a bunch right under the bridge. :)

Jyruiz
10-03-2006, 01:15 PM
LOL, I will post a couple if you want. I have to get her to put them in the computer. I dont know how to do any of that crap. We took a bunch right under the bridge. :)
You better learn. :)