PDA

View Full Version : Real Estate Market in Bubble Trouble?

TOBTEK
10-02-2006, 03:05 PM
heres a good article..................
http://promo.realestate.yahoo.com/
so in other words...... wanta refinance -vrs- purchase ?? :)

ChumpChange
10-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Depending on who you are or what you want to do, there are always ways to make statistics say what the user wants them to.

AirtimeLavey
10-02-2006, 04:02 PM
sounds familiar... :cool: :D

Tequila-John
10-02-2006, 04:03 PM
the author is cute VFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

djunkie
10-02-2006, 04:06 PM
So is now the time? Or should I keep waiting? Just wondering since everyone knows so much on this. :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:

AirtimeLavey
10-02-2006, 04:10 PM
So is now the time? Or should I keep waiting? Just wondering since everyone knows so much on this. :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:
Yes..... :crossx:

djunkie
10-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Yes..... :crossx:
Can I get that answer from someone whos NOT a real estate agent. :crossx: :crossx:

TOBTEK
10-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Can I get that answer from someone whos NOT a real estate agent. :crossx: :crossx:
Im not a RE agent :p

AirtimeLavey
10-02-2006, 04:18 PM
NO... what good would that be???? :crossx: :crossx:

wsuwrhr
10-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Laughs, hard sell ey?
Problem is biased information, you have to either trust RE or not to trust RE. Just like anything else, ask the right questions to several people, sort through the BS, and make your own assessments.
Who else better to have their thumb on the pulse?
I am not in RE. If you are buying short term, might not be wise just yet. If you are looking for an investment, might look for a deal.
If you are buying someplace to live for a few years, most times are a good time to buy.
RE is cyclical, frenzy pushes prices higher, eventually growth outstrips abilty to buy. Prices have to come down again, cycle starts over when something triggers it. Interest rates, civil projects, jobs, maybe others.
I am not an expert, but this is my take on the deal.
My whole .02 worth.
God I hope I am right....
My opinion is all values are inflated, but no more dirt is being made. Have to live SOMEWHERE.
Brian

Ivan Dan
10-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I would just keep an eye out for a smoking deal. If you come across a house you are happy with and get the right deal on it then go for it. Just don't plan to sell anytime in the next few years and everything will be fine in the long run.
Just another realtors opinion though. :crossx:

riverracerx
10-02-2006, 04:28 PM
I only got this far:
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/re/gr/kendratodd_photo.jpg

wsuwrhr
10-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Lucky you, I couldn't get any farther than your avatar.
I only got this far:
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/re/gr/kendratodd_photo.jpg

Nord
10-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Exactly..........she was the RE that Trump hired on apprentice........isn't she??

AirtimeLavey
10-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Sheesh....all this time, I've been asking my mechanic about my engines, my doctor about my injuries, my broker about my stocks, my flight instructor about flying, my dry cleaning lady about my dry cleaning, etc, etc... :crossx:
I guess someone outside of the industry would be better.... :crossx: :crossx:
J/k, I get it...I'll stfu.....for awhile....about RE.....maybe. Just trying to help. :crossx:

lilrick
10-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Consider your strike fund as well! Don't forget we have the 2008 contract coming up. (NOT A REAL estate agent) :D

Nord
10-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Sheesh....all this time, I've been asking my mechanic about my engines, my doctor about my injuries, my broker about my stocks, my flight instructor about flying, my dry cleaning lady about my dry cleaning, etc, etc... :crossx:
I guess someone outside of the industry would be better.... :crossx: :crossx:
J/k, I get it...I'll stfu.....for awhile....about RE.....maybe. Just trying to help. :crossx:
apples to oranges there.........

DILLIGAF
10-02-2006, 05:36 PM
I would wait if you DON'T own something that you sale to roll into the new one. I just did but for me it made sense as I sold a property I paid little for and it had appreciated for me. If I did not have something to trade up I would wait it out and look seriously in Jan/Feb or wait till next winter time.
Just MHO

Devil's Advocate
10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
good article.

TCHB
10-02-2006, 06:12 PM
I have been buying homes for many years and have one regret. I should have kept the ones I sold.

Hallett19
10-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Congrats to her, she is the 5238th person to point out the market is correcting, rates are still low and now is not a good time to sell.....
And dont take real estate or financial advice from hot chicks :)

sdpm
10-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Has your financial consultant ever said to you " I wouldn't invest right now , let's wait awhile and see what happens with the market"? In my over 20 yrs of this crap I havn't either! :mad: It's always "this is the perfect or best time to invest"! Every once in awhile I catch those 4 guys on some money/investment/stock show and they always say that same thing. I wish I would have listened to my dad back then when he told me "Bull s*it on that stock Cr8p" invest your money in property! Couda,shuda wooda, listened?
Why would anyone in realestate or a lending office tell you not to buy or to wait?
Why would a car or boat salesman tell you to wait until the new models roll out in a few months?
No sales? No income? No JOB! :rolleyes:

shueman
10-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Best bet in any market condition is to buy the dirt when you have the cash/flow. Set your per acre threshold and get in as young as you can and keep it till you get that call. It's mostly slow growth, but no worries like watching the Blue Chips.

djunkie
10-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Consider your strike fund as well! Don't forget we have the 2008 contract coming up. (NOT A REAL estate agent) :D
Don't worry, that is burried in my head for sure.

HighRoller
10-03-2006, 12:00 AM
I especially enjoyed the part where she said speculation was useless right after she speculated the market would be back in good shape in 6-24 months. Hmm, foreclosures up 50% from last year, demand flattening, prices plummeting, ARMs adjusting...doesn't sound like merely a "correction" to me. Sounds like the financial stupidity known as "affordability loans" is coming home to roost.

YeLLowBoaT
10-03-2006, 12:13 AM
No one really knows whats going to happen. If they did they would not write articals for a living. :)
I still think that in my area the market has another 5-15% b4 it hits its lowest point. in the next few years all of the ppl that should not have bought house will be out. ( I am talking about the funky loans/too much house/ specutlators and dumb refiers)Once all those are out, the market will do like it has in the past, slow, regular increases.