PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me.......

MsDrmr
10-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Or is cancer becoming more and more common?
In the last few months I have personally known of 4 people diagnosed with cancer.
From ones that appeared just as a mole, to advanced cancer they had no idea they had and now the chances are slim even with chemo...
What the heck is happening? :cry:

marty722
10-03-2006, 11:58 AM
I lost my whole family, Mom Dad Brother Grandma to cancer.....Within a matter of months they were gone...... Live life to the fullest as you never know when your time is up....

Sleek-Jet
10-03-2006, 11:59 AM
I believe the statistic is 1 person in 3 will have cancer of some sort in their life time... so it's not really that rare. :idea:

MsDrmr
10-03-2006, 12:01 PM
I lost my whole family, Mom Dad Brother Grandma to cancer.....Within a matter of months they were gone...... Live life to the fullest as you never know when your time is up....
I am so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine a loss so significant in such a short time. I agree with living life with each moment it brings, great message for all.

redi4fun
10-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Damn marty,
Sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself and keep up the good attitude :)

centerhill condor
10-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Or is cancer becoming more and more common?
In the last few months I have personally known of 4 people diagnosed with cancer.
From ones that appeared just as a mole, to advanced cancer they had no idea they had and now the chances are slim even with chemo...
What the heck is happening? :cry:
you're finally in the age group where it happens more frequently. You'll also find yourself with friends that have hip replacements, cataract surgery, etc...reminds me of the old saying, "if I had known I was gonna live this long I would have taken better care of myself".
carpe diem!

cdog
10-03-2006, 12:36 PM
I think it's a sad fact because of they way we live our lives. Stress, Jobs, hormone injected food, preservatives and in socal the worst air quality in the US. We've traded a long happy life for chasing the carrot. Cancer is just a bi-product. Some people's body can withstand the abuse others can't.

Devil's Advocate
10-03-2006, 01:20 PM
I do think it's getting worse. I see it all the time in my line of work, so, so sad. :( I think you can get cancer now by worrying about getting it.. :rolleyes: :cry:

fourspeednup
10-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Both my parents have gone through cancer scares...fortunately each were caught in time before anything more than a minor procedure was needed. I'm scheduled to get a couple suspect spots removed this winter and while I'm not exactly stoked on the idea of a doc hacking away on my arm and back, I've seen too many people pay dearly for putting it off :(

MsDrmr
10-03-2006, 02:49 PM
you're finally in the age group where it happens more frequently. You'll also find yourself with friends that have hip replacements, cataract surgery, etc...reminds me of the old saying, "if I had known I was gonna live this long I would have taken better care of myself".
carpe diem!
Hey I'm not that old yet...geez