PDA

View Full Version : Shumi and Alonso - all tied up

Tom Brown
10-03-2006, 09:21 PM
This is turning out to be one of the best formula 1 seasons I can recall.
Is anyone else loving this? :)

SoCal_fun
10-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I agree!! And add to that, Schumi's last season, it's pretty dramatic.
Beats the hell outta that f'n frenchie (not the ***boat Frenchie), winning the cart title 3 years in a row, I can't stand that dude!! :argue:

SoCal_fun
10-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Do you watch MotoGP? That is also a nail biter this year. American nicky Hayden a few points ahead (12, I think), but losing ground fast with couple races left. Great stuff, I've been following Nicky's career for a while now. Good dude (the Kentucky Kid). :220v:

Racer277
10-03-2006, 09:55 PM
This is turning out to be one of the best formula 1 seasons I can recall.
Is anyone else loving this? :)
It is incredible. Despite Bernie's manipulations.
Too bad we couldn't get Kimmi into a reliable car before MS leaves. Ah well.
It sure is fun to watch Fred and Mike celebrate when they win. I don't miss Mikka's celebrations (or lack of) and I fear that Kimmi will be the same.
John Pablo would have been fun to see in a reliable car also, he stuck it to Michael more than once.
Ron Dennis must be one of the most frustrated men on the planet. Well along with a bunch of Toyota guys..

Racer277
10-03-2006, 09:57 PM
I fear Nicky will be a victim of Honda's r&d.
Too bad he doesn't have the juice that Mick did to just tell them to F Off whenever they want him to run new parts...
Pedrosa is the future, no two ways about it. He just has to survive, LOL.

Tom Brown
10-03-2006, 10:04 PM
John Pablo would have been fun to see in a reliable car also, he stuck it to Michael more than once.
Sure, but so did Villeneuve.
I really enjoy many of the young drivers. Like you, I wasn't huge on Mikka but I think Kimi is a much classier gent. At the very least, I've never seen Kimi balled up beside the track bawling like a baby. :D
I believe Kimi to be one of the best racers in the series. Mikka won on the strength of his car, although he did best Coulthard in every way and Coulthard is no driving slouch.
Do you watch MotoGP?
It looks like a great series but I've never invested the time.
I'm pretty much F1 only. These days, I don't even watch every race.

Racer277
10-03-2006, 10:09 PM
At the very least, I've never seen Kimi balled up beside the track bawling like a baby. :D
I was embarassed for him. One of the worst scenes I've seen in racing...
I actually think Jack is cool, and F1 will miss him and JPM. Hopefully we'll see them in some of the sportscar races, alot of talent in Rolex these days.
This is the best MotoGP season in over a decade, 4 americans in the top 10, but I guess that doesn't impress you, LOL :D

Racer277
10-03-2006, 10:13 PM
I believe Kimi to be one of the best racers in the series. Mikka won on the strength of his car, although he did best Coulthard in every way and Coulthard is no driving slouch.
Both drivers are world class. Both in manerism and talent. Each has a lot they could bitch about, but are cool enough to keep their mouths shut.
All things being equal, KR would likely beat Fred and MS in the same equipment. His luck would have to be kept at bay though!

Tom Brown
10-03-2006, 10:19 PM
All things being equal, KR would likely beat Fred and MS in the same equipment. His luck would have to be kept at bay though!
I'm not sure I share your perspective on that but I'd love to watch them go at it in the same color car. :cool:

Racer277
10-03-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure I share your perspective on that but I'd love to watch them go at it in the same color car. :cool:
Well Kimi and Fernando have incredible skill no doubt.
Mike is the king. Greatest of All Time. He has skills, fantastic luck (prep, skill, knowledge, etc), Bernie E, and Ferrari on his side.
Mike's feats can't all be attributed to the Scuderia's money, as Toyota topped their funding for several years, and look what it got them.
Kimi has consistenly showed he has massive skill, coupled with incredibly bad luck. JPM proved that both Mercedes sucked.
I'm curious about the new Polock, as he's going very fast in a car that BMW has been struggling with. He shows great skill.
Pedro is fast, hopefully will keep his ride, and Mercedes will get their act together.
Davidson is always fast as the third guy in the Honda, who should they drop, Jensen or Rubens?
I like Rubens as another nice guy (like DC), but fear he is too nice for F1, he has a good ride and alot of skills, so fingers crossed.
Still the sport will be lacking in personalities next year, we shall see what develops, especially on one brand of tires.
They really need to stop the refueling though, just a disaster waiting to happen (and has)...
all IMHO of course... :)

cola
10-04-2006, 05:35 AM
I fear Nicky will be a victim of Honda's r&d.
Too bad he doesn't have the juice that Mick did to just tell them to F Off whenever they want him to run new parts...
Pedrosa is the future, no two ways about it. He just has to survive, LOL.
Thats why Mick isn't in MotoGP. It's part of Nicky's job just like it's Rossi job.
The last two races will be good. I'll take Loris to win atleast one of the last two.
Late, Mike

Racer277
10-04-2006, 05:44 AM
Thats why Mick isn't in MotoGP. It's part of Nicky's job just like it's Rossi job.
The last two races will be good. I'll take Loris to win atleast one of the last two.
Late, Mike
Well, for many years Mick was able to tell HRC he wouldn't change his bike. Alex C had to run the test equipment.
Rossi had Jeremy Burgess to run interference with HRC, JB knows what the hell is going on.
Nicky simply doesn't have the juice, so he is the guinea pig, while Dani, Marco and the cast of thousands run tried and true HRC equipment.
If fockin Sete wouldn't have bone headed Loris, I think Ducati would have had a championship by now....

Danhercules
10-04-2006, 06:34 AM
All things being equal, KR would likely beat Fred and MS in the same equipment.
I think thats what makes MS great. He is able to communicate so well with the pit crew to set up the car perfect. Better than enyone. That is why he is on top.
F1 is a team sport. You need a great driver, and great backing.

racecar.hotshoe
10-04-2006, 06:43 AM
F1 BLOWS and shit!

Tom Brown
10-04-2006, 06:48 AM
He is able to communicate so well with the pit crew to set up the car perfect. Better than enyone. That is why he is on top.
... and yet during times when his car is driving like shit, he still stays at the front while his team mates have been 10+ places back.
There's been a few times when they've set up for rain and it hasn't rained. No problem... Shumi still comes in close to the front while his team mate (who have been some pretty good drivers too) trails by 60+ seconds and complains biterly of understeer.
Pointy car? No problem. Hell, it probably speeds Shumi up a little. :D
He's a good setup man but that's one of many strengths the man possesses.

Tom Brown
10-04-2006, 06:49 AM
F1 BLOWS and shit!
Well, it's no NASCAR. I'll give you that. :cool:

cola
10-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Well, for many years Mick was able to tell HRC he wouldn't change his bike. Alex C had to run the test equipment.
Rossi had Jeremy Burgess to run interference with HRC, JB knows what the hell is going on.
Nicky simply doesn't have the juice, so he is the guinea pig, while Dani, Marco and the cast of thousands run tried and true HRC equipment.
If fockin Sete wouldn't have bone headed Loris, I think Ducati would have had a championship by now....
I don't think Marco or anyone not on the Repsol team sees much new stuff.

Racer277
10-16-2006, 09:11 PM
I don't think Marco or anyone not on the Repsol team sees much new stuff.
Nicky has been forced to test everything.
At what point do you think HRC will try to help him win a championship?
There is one race left, I think it's time.
No team orders. :mad:
Colin sure does a good job for Vale, why can't HRC have that little fockin spanish punk help Nicky, he's been taking points all season. :mad:
Well now it's virtually in the bag.
Nice job HRC.
Oh, Yeah. Dani is the future for HRC, and they are changing all the rules to ensure that. :mad:
Nicky sure has class. He should have pulled the little ****ers heart out.
What are the odds that he wins next round and Dani finishes second for him?

Racer277
10-17-2006, 10:36 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2154Repsol1161034779.jpg

SoCal_fun
10-17-2006, 10:56 AM
I was so upset, I couldn't even finish watching. I wanted Nicky to kill the little bastar@! :mad:

Boatlesss
10-17-2006, 12:01 PM
It is a shame that MS is quitting and not really by his own decision. This might Bite Ferrari in the Ass.
Ferrari is keeping Massa, which a mistake to say the least.
Kimi is WAY over rated. He has yet to prove himself as others have. Senna and Schumacher always have reached down from within and produced a exceptional qualifying lap or race. Kimi has yet to put together an exceptional anything. He has moments of brilliance but has Brain fade to go along with it.
Ron Dennis as others, have noted Kimi's lack of feed back as a racer and commitment as a person. He smokes and is not in the best possible shape.
Alonso always seems to get the best out of his car likewise. That or he is the luckiest SOB racing.
De La Rosa Sux also. There is a reason he was never a #1 choice.
Kubrica is a damn good find. JV was beating Heidlfeild, but he isn't German so he stood no chance there. There is nothing worst for a sport than a nationalistic perspective. Winning cannot be a secondary goal. Win at any cost is why you see a German piloting an Italian team.
Fischicella is not consistent enough for success. He can qualify well (but he is not Trulli, but races like Trulli) but cannot sustain a good race pace.
Toyota... They stand no chance in hell... At least they never fell into the nationalistic problem with drivers and they do have a win at any price attitude but they are not loyal to their people and hence the cream has left or been let go in lieu of a Nationalistic management.
Mike Gascoyne was and is the best thing that Toyota has ever come across.
Red Bull... Well, Adrian can only do so much. Coulthard can drive decent but has proven not to have the fire to push the limits.
They need a good aggressive driver for the 07' season and Webber is just an aggressive blocker.
Williams is lost. They no longer have the best talent and that is down to the fact that they are the cheapest team on the grid. Used to be Minardi but Frank has taken the reins in the cheap list. He lost JV, Montoya, Button, Coulthard, Mansell, due to his low pay scale and Senna only went there b/c he didn't need the $$
Torro Rosso... American Speed has picked up the pace, and actually seems to know what he wants in a car. His interviews have expressed his desire for success as well as equally set up cars. IN EVER DETAIL as he has said. His teammate is more worried about his hair than his race.
Super Aguri.. Once again Nationalistic goals ahead of racing goals. If they were smart, they would have had Davidson racing for them, but then again they have had three different Japanese drivers this year to date so the pattern and priorities have been set.
07' Season; Reduced test time, no third drivers and Bridgestone tires.
McLaren will have an un reliable car but Alonso will have a better finishing average than Kimi did. They will have the young black driver from England which will be good for PR but there was a better driver available and he was passed over. 3rd in standings
Renault will have another reliable car. Fishi will qualify well but the new Fin will probably out do him on average. I see them being 2nd in the standings next year. Flavio pissed as usual
BMW; I think they hit on something in the latter part of this season, but the change to Bridgestone tires will hurt them and they will not shine as well in 07' They are still a new team and have to a lot to learn.
Williams with Toyota power in 07'. At least they know the tires for 07' but they have no large sponsors and the Toyota engine is not the best. Their best bet is that TOYOTA folds their team and buys Williams.
Their drivers are good but Not great so I see them ahead of Toyota, but only neck and neck with BMW
Toyota... Heads are going to roll over the winter. They will look great in testing but suck next year too.
Red Bull will move up in the standings as will Toro Rosso as they will both have better cars and engines in 07'
Spyer is not worth mentioning as well as Super Aguri
Ferrari.. With Ross Brawn leaving, MS leaving I can see the team staring to fall apart. Loyalty is what makes a team successful year after year.
If and it’s a big IF Ferrari can continue to develop the car and use their Bridgestone experience to their advantage they stand the best chance of getting a #1 on their car.

Racer277
10-17-2006, 12:50 PM
That's putting it out there.
I like the backing to your opinions, with the exception of luck. Kimi's is the worst, Alonso's is pretty good. Each makes his own, that's for sure.
Spec tires can be good or bad. They were good for WorldSBK, but this is top level stuff here....
The current qualifying is exciting, if not confusing at times.
The 3rd driver only added confusion.
Toyota, heads will roll, they should, lol.

Danhercules
10-17-2006, 02:38 PM
My Question is, Who is gonna take out Alonso? Kimi or Massa? LOL

Racer277
10-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Wow! Well, let's see how we all did!
It all comes down to this weekend. Kimi is still the dark horse (I never would have believed it) and at $65M a year! He could pull it off, it may rain.
Alonso apparantly believes in the same Spanish teamwork as Pedrosa. Screw my team, my team mate, and my boss, I'm the champ. Not for long?
Hamilton's first real mistake happened with the crown in his outstrechted hands. Why didn't he just let Kimmi run, Hamilton would have made history last weekend. Well, he still could, we will see.
Massa is out, but he could still be a spoiler. Seems he was worth the money, he's just a on/off driver.
I don't even want to talk about fining a team, but allowing drivers to continue on points. Or fining a team for finding out another team was cheating. Let alone getting fined $100m, and just shrugging your shoulders.:rolleyes:
It all comes down to this!
That's putting it out there.
I like the backing to your opinions, with the exception of luck. Kimi's is the worst, Alonso's is pretty good. Each makes his own, that's for sure.
Spec tires can be good or bad. They were good for WorldSBK, but this is top level stuff here....
The current qualifying is exciting, if not confusing at times.
The 3rd driver only added confusion.
Toyota, heads will roll, they should, lol.

Racer277
10-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Bam!

airpacker
10-22-2007, 07:34 AM
It is a shame that MS is quitting and not really by his own decision. This might Bite Ferrari in the Ass.
Ferrari is keeping Massa, which a mistake to say the least. mmmmmm, foot tate goodz?
Kimi is WAY over rated. He has yet to prove himself as others have. Senna and Schumacher always have reached down from within and produced a exceptional qualifying lap or race. Kimi has yet to put together an exceptional anything. He has moments of brilliance but has Brain fade to go along with it.see above comment.
Ron Dennis as others, have noted Kimi's lack of feed back as a racer and commitment as a person. He smokes and is not in the best possible shape.
Alonso always seems to get the best out of his car likewise. That or he is the luckiest SOB racing.
De La Rosa Sux also. There is a reason he was never a #1 choice.
Kubrica is a damn good find. JV was beating Heidlfeild, but he isn't German so he stood no chance there. There is nothing worst for a sport than a nationalistic perspective. Winning cannot be a secondary goal. Win at any cost is why you see a German piloting an Italian team.
Fischicella is not consistent enough for success. He can qualify well (but he is not Trulli, but races like Trulli) but cannot sustain a good race pace.
Toyota... They stand no chance in hell... At least they never fell into the nationalistic problem with drivers and they do have a win at any price attitude but they are not loyal to their people and hence the cream has left or been let go in lieu of a Nationalistic management.
Mike Gascoyne was and is the best thing that Toyota has ever come across.
Red Bull... Well, Adrian can only do so much. Coulthard can drive decent but has proven not to have the fire to push the limits.
They need a good aggressive driver for the 07' season and Webber is just an aggressive blocker.
Williams is lost. They no longer have the best talent and that is down to the fact that they are the cheapest team on the grid. Used to be Minardi but Frank has taken the reins in the cheap list. He lost JV, Montoya, Button, Coulthard, Mansell, due to his low pay scale and Senna only went there b/c he didn't need the $$
Torro Rosso... American Speed has picked up the pace, and actually seems to know what he wants in a car. His interviews have expressed his desire for success as well as equally set up cars. IN EVER DETAIL as he has said. His teammate is more worried about his hair than his race.Scott WHO???:D
Super Aguri.. Once again Nationalistic goals ahead of racing goals. If they were smart, they would have had Davidson racing for them, but then again they have had three different Japanese drivers this year to date so the pattern and priorities have been set.made Factory Honda look bad no?
07' Season; Reduced test time, no third drivers and Bridgestone tires.
McLaren will have an un reliable caror not but Alonso will have a better finishing average than Kimi didor not. They will have the young black driver from England which will be good for PR but there was a better driver available and he was passed over. 3rd in standingsblew that call in a big way.
Renault will have another reliable car. Fishi will qualify well but the new Fin will probably out do him on average. I see them being 2nd in the standings next year. Flavio pissed as usual
BMW; I think they hit on something in the latter part of this season, but the change to Bridgestone tires will hurt them and they will not shine as well in 07' They are still a new team and have to a lot to learn.
Williams with Toyota power in 07'. At least they know the tires for 07' but they have no large sponsors and the Toyota engine is not the best. Their best bet is that TOYOTA folds their team and buys Williams.
Their drivers are good but Not great so I see them ahead of Toyota, but only neck and neck with BMW
Toyota... Heads are going to roll over the winter. They will look great in testing but suck next year too.
Red Bull will move up in the standings as will Toro Rosso as they will both have better cars and engines in 07'
Spyer is not worth mentioning as well as Super Aguri
Ferrari.. With Ross Brawn leaving, MS leaving I can see the team staring to fall apart. Loyalty is what makes a team successful year after year.
If and it’s a big IF Ferrari can continue to develop the car and use their Bridgestone experience to their advantage they stand the best chance of getting a #1 on their car.
That was a great season ender.