PDA

View Full Version : Banks ram air intake??

cactusgolfcarts
10-04-2006, 07:32 AM
I just ordered the Banks ram air intake for my 06 LBZ. I already have the Banks cat-back exhaust on it. What can I expect?

Force This
10-04-2006, 08:40 AM
I don't know but would like to know as well. I also am considering the Banks Ram Air Intake, let me know hw it works. I have the same truck.

Run_em_Hard
10-04-2006, 12:21 PM
If I remeber correctly, you should see quicker turbo spool and better throttle responce. You might even see a little EGT drop, might.

cactusgolfcarts
10-09-2006, 08:23 AM
It should be here today. I will let you guys know if there is a difference. I just passed 25k miles and my MPG is getting better.

INSman
10-09-2006, 12:05 PM
I just ordered the Banks ram air intake for my 06 LBZ. I already have the Banks cat-back exhaust on it. What can I expect?
Did you go single or dual and how do you like it and what changes did you notice ?? I just installed an AFE Stage 2 and don't really notice much just by itself. I need the exhaust and chip to wake this thing up :)

cactusgolfcarts
10-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Did you go single or dual and how do you like it and what changes did you notice ?? I just installed an AFE Stage 2 and don't really notice much just by itself. I need the exhaust and chip to wake this thing up :)
I have 4500 miles with the single Banks exhaust(because they don't offer the dual for my duallie) and have seen about 1 MPG more than before, part of this could be because I just passed 25K miles and it really is getting better MPG now. I notice better throttle response with this exhaust alone and it is still very quiet. I just got 21.1 MPG coming home from the mountains(Pinetop) this weekend, empty, hammering it when needed thru the Salt River canyon, averaging 75mph, mostly downhill for 200 miles. The air intake hasn't been delivered yet. I will let you know about the differences with the intake.

INSman
10-09-2006, 02:21 PM
I have 4500 miles with the single Banks exhaust(because they don't offer the dual for my duallie) and have seen about 1 MPG more than before, part of this could be because I just passed 25K miles and it really is getting better MPG now. I notice better throttle response with this exhaust alone and it is still very quiet. I just got 21.1 MPG coming home from the mountains(Pinetop) this weekend, empty, hammering it when needed thru the Salt River canyon, averaging 75mph, mostly downhill for 200 miles. The air intake hasn't been delivered yet. I will let you know about the differences with the intake.
Good info, thanks... I am waiting to hear some feedback from the new Banks Power PDA that they are set to release here anytime.

cactusgolfcarts
10-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Good info, thanks... I am waiting to hear some feedback from the new Banks Power PDA that they are set to release here anytime.
I placed my order for the air intake last Wednesday, they told me the final testing is done on the PDA and it will be available to be shipped within 2 weeks from today. I think you can place an order for one now and they will ship it ASAP.

cactusgolfcarts
10-09-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't know but would like to know as well. I also am considering the Banks Ram Air Intake, let me know hw it works. I have the same truck.
I really like the paint scheme on your boat, was it done by Force?

Force This
10-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Thank you, designed by my wife and painted by someone Force supplied from Havasu

Beer-30
10-10-2006, 02:02 PM
At least it's a "quad-dent" instead of a copyright "tri-dent". Whew!

cactusgolfcarts
10-20-2006, 05:40 AM
I installed the Ram air intake on Monday. It makes a very noticeable difference when passing on the freeway and spools much quicker at all rpms. I love this set-up with the banks single exhaust, still very quiet, but definetly gives the truck some added punch. I am getting 1.2-2.0mpg more now. Don't know if this is a combination of hitting 28k miles and the mods.

Force This
10-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Cool, thanks for the infor. I will be placing an order soon.
Thanx again :rollside: