PDA

View Full Version : tire load ratings.....?

Riverat84
10-04-2006, 06:38 PM
hey i was just wondering if all of the popular tire makers like bf, micky thompson, goodyear, and etc. have their same popular tires in other load ratings than C? are they offered in D or E ratings? just curious. thanx
Reid

Mandelon
10-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Every line of tires is not offered in D and E in every size. I guess whatever they think is worth building. I run BFG AT's and could not get an E rating on the 285's. The D is enough, but E is available in smaller sizes than the 285....most of this info is online on the manufacturers sites.

cudaz101
10-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Pro-Comp is pretty good about making husky ply rated tires in all their lineup.
The others only do this with a few tire options. Lemme know exactly which tire/brand you are talking about and what size and I can enlighten ya.
I run the online division of my Dads tire business.
Brad

Jordy
10-11-2006, 07:29 AM
I run BFG AT's and could not get an E rating on the 285's. The D is enough, but E is available in smaller sizes than the 285....
Look at the big brain on Mandy. I found the same thing with the BFG Mud Terrains. 285's with a D load range rating. Just went with a Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain in a 35-12.50R20 and they're E rated. Just looking at the composition of the tires between the BFG and the Toyo, the Toyos just look much more substantial. ;)

XTRM22
10-11-2006, 11:41 AM
The Toyos do look like a very substantial tire, but I've been running BFG AT's for nearly 20 years with outstanding traction,mileage and wear characteristics. I went with the 295 75 16's because while they're still a D load rating they had a higher capacity per tire then the 285's.
CHuck