PDA

View Full Version : wifes BDAY help/opinions

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 08:22 PM
so my wife Bday is about 45 days away.I have never thrown her a party before.This last year has been absolute hell,as some of you know.Not marriage issues or anything like that.She has really pulled more than her weight and was truly amazing.So I want to do something.Heres 2 ideas I need opinions on
wine tasting in a limo with maybe 4 to 6 other couples,leave from my house,I pay the limo and winery fess.
pro-no mess at the house,easy to arrange
con-babysitters for most of us
next idea,party here at my house,band catered kids welcome
pros-kids can come,im home!can invite 50 people
cons-huge mess,tough to arrange
so any ideas!,,,ladies please advise on this,you know what you would want,,,thanks RR

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 08:23 PM
shes never here so wont see this

ROZ
01-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Expensive lingerie and an extra large bottle of lube.. :crossx:

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 08:30 PM
#2 sounds good. I'll bring the dip. :D
it will be a drunkfest over here,rhino races,skateboard ramps,,could be fun

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 08:31 PM
lube,new victoria secret down the street...thats a gift for me though

SummitKarl
01-17-2006, 08:32 PM
nothing says I love you like, Strippers :rollside: :)

Riverkid
01-17-2006, 08:33 PM
We just had a bash here for my wife's 40th. Live music, two of those frozen cocktail mixers (got everyone blasted), the works. My buddy Tim overnighted in fresh leis from HI for all the women. Trunks and bikinis. Pretty good time.
I'd have a party over wine tasting...
Don't forget the invite! :)

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 08:33 PM
nothing says I love you like, Strippers :rollside: :)
but it does scream love.

SummitKarl
01-17-2006, 08:34 PM
but it does scream love.
I think that a extra $20 :)

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 08:35 PM
We just had a bash here for my wife's 40th. Live music, two of those frozen cocktail mixers (got everyone blasted), the works. My buddy Tim overnighted in fresh leis from HI for all the women. Trunks and bikinis. Pretty good time.
I'd have a party over wine tasting...
Don't forget the invite! :)
the mixers?can you rent them?Thats the thing about the party,more people can come

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 08:35 PM
I think that a extra $20 :)
40$?

OutCole'd
01-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Get her something she really wants.
http://www.islanderrvresort.com/
:D

SummitKarl
01-17-2006, 08:40 PM
40$?
oh yea $40, sorry I forgot about SoCal rates :hammerhea

Riverkid
01-17-2006, 08:40 PM
the mixers?can you rent them?Thats the thing about the party,more people can come
2 of my buddy's own them. They get deals on that stuff. Just borrowed them for the day. Margarita's in one and Blue Hawaiians in the other I think. Hurt myself...

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Get her something she really wants.
http://www.islanderrvresort.com/
:D
I had a spread sheet all worked up with $$$ everywhere,it just didnt work out this season,Ive been a stay home dad for 10 months remember,Im lucky to even have the boat!

OutCole'd
01-17-2006, 08:43 PM
I had a spread sheet all worked up with $$$ everywhere,it just didnt work out this season,Ive been a stay home dad for 10 months remember,Im lucky to even have the boat!
I'm just bustin ya.
Really, what is she into? Would she rather have a big party with lots of people, or something quiet?

OutCole'd
01-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Nothing helps get your point across with the mrs like a Power Point presentation. :D
LMAO !!!!

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm just bustin ya.
Really, what is she into? Would she rather have a big party with lots of people, or something quiet?
she loves to entertain but gets stressed about the prep,shes a interior designer.But id be doing the prep work.The quiet is cool because its less chaos,and everyday had been chaos lately :idea:

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Nothing helps get your point across with the mrs like a Power Point presentation. :D
crack addict with the calculator,,,,it was funny,

Riverkid
01-17-2006, 08:48 PM
at all those smiles around the mixer machines...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880Aug-Sept_2005_042_Medium_.jpg

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 08:50 PM
at all those smiles around the mixer machines...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880Aug-Sept_2005_042_Medium_.jpg
that the wife with the coors light!,,your invited

TOBTEK
01-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Leisa says....(chicks opinion) she will be stressed with a buch of drunks in your "model home". She says rent a Limo and tell her your taking her to dinner. Stop at somewhere like Martini Ranch in Encinitas ans have a bunch of friends and family there for a suprise party. we had another party there and it was a blast. No MESS, No scratched hard wood floors and you can have more people attend. Give evryone a few free drinks then they are on there own from there.

Riverkid
01-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Sister, and my folks.
They all got liquored! Mom had to spend the night (I think???)...

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Leisa says....(chicks opinion) she will be stressed with a buch of drunks in your "model home". She says rent a Limo and tell her your taking her to dinner. Stop at somewhere like Martini Ranch in Encinitas ans have a bunch of friends and family there for a suprise party. we had another party there and it was a blast. No MESS, No scratched hard wood floors and you can have more people attend. Give evryone a few free drinks then they are on there own from there.
thats what i was thinking also,about the stress,you guys know her.Its not my party,so its about her.KInda a surprise still,until I need cash to pay for something,,,haa

TOBTEK
01-17-2006, 08:58 PM
and OFCOURSE after then main party we go to pure platium.... :)

OutCole'd
01-17-2006, 08:59 PM
That's the ticket. Great idea.

TOBTEK
01-17-2006, 09:14 PM
dude.....lets just buy side by side places at the Islander. Just showed Leisa, she's down with that......and her birthday is next month. HAPPY B-DAY honey....another new home :) lets go next weekend :p

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 09:32 PM
dude.....lets just buy side by side places at the Islander. Just showed Leisa, she's down with that......and her birthday is next month. HAPPY B-DAY honey....another new home :) lets go next weekend :p
huh,be triing for awhile to do something there,just always bad timing.The long term goal will be there I think.Right next door to outcoled so we can steal his beer

TOBTEK
01-17-2006, 09:35 PM
huh,be triing for awhile to do something there,just always bad timing.The long term goal will be there I think.Right next door to outcoled so we can steal his beer
lets take the family next weekend and buy a couple.

riverroyal
01-18-2006, 08:53 AM
the girls opinions here,,,,help

Mrs. casean
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
I think it depends on if you want to be able to have the kids around and not worry about the amount of people, a surprise party at your house would be awesome. I love parties at my house and yes they are stressful, but everyone is much more relaxed, kids can come and play together (No babysitters), lots of good food and good company. But if you are really affraid she'd be stressed the entire time of her party, then maybe going out would be a better idea. I just always like the idea of parties at a house becuase our friends do not like to get baby sitters and we are all more like a family anyways so no need to... kids are 90% welcome where we go :D And then the parents don't stress about their kids while being away from them and everyone has a great time! Well any more suggestions I have I'll let you know :D This is just my opinion of what I'd like if I were her :D

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Whatever you decide, I'm wearing my thong. If it's at the house, I'll sit on every one of your couches and chairs.
If it's in a limo, well then it's on like Donkey Kong. :)

riverroyal
01-18-2006, 09:06 AM
I think it depends on if you want to be able to have the kids around and not worry about the amount of people, a surprise party at your house would be awesome. I love parties at my house and yes they are stressful, but everyone is much more relaxed, kids can come and play together (No babysitters), lots of good food and good company. But if you are really affraid she'd be stressed the entire time of her party, then maybe going out would be a better idea. I just always like the idea of parties at a house becuase our friends do not like to get baby sitters and we are all more like a family anyways so no need to... kids are 90% welcome where we go :D And then the parents don't stress about their kids while being away from them and everyone has a great time! Well any more suggestions I have I'll let you know :D This is just my opinion of what I'd like if I were her :D
Im leaning towards something here at the house,we have friends who havent even seen our house yet,plus I hate my neighbor and it will piss him off :crossx:

riverroyal
01-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Whatever you decide, I'm wearing my thong. If it's at the house, I'll sit on every one of your couches and chairs.
on the leather,it cleans easy.Dont drag your ass down my stairs like last time,that was nasty

OnlyMoney
01-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Idea #1 - no matter what ends up happening, show her this thread afterward. You really are trying to get a great plan and not screw up. Chivalrous...very chivalrous. She's got a good man.
Idea #2 - If she likes wine tasting (what woman doesn't) and you're doing the Temecula thing (since you're near there) I think the limo idea is great. It's relaxing because NO ONE has to worry about being responsible for anything except themselves. STRESS FREE.
Now if you want to make it really nice and can do a short wine tasting trip (everybody is not plastered) AND meet up at a local place like the martini (I realize it's not there anymore) and have more people there to surprise her....2-for-1 deal. And if they're friends, I would think they could pay for their own stuff. But whatever.
I would check with everyone you can to do a birthday present of free babysitting and see if anyone has any hook ups with a limo company.....always looking for the deal.
Ok, there's a womans opinion. Hope it helps. If you need any help with the wine part of the deal, I'm a member at a few wineries and from Temecula and can give you some tips, if you like. We're actually doing some tasting the Friday before the boat show! Can't wait!!
Shelby

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 09:10 AM
on the leather,it cleans easy.Dont drag your ass down my stairs like last time,that was nasty
Stock up on TP and it won't happen!
There's another B-day coming up soon, huh??
Captain Cream's after Superbowl!!!

Throttle
01-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Vegas!
Strip Club
Lap Dance (for her of course) win win! :)
dont forget jack with a splash of coke...

Mrs. casean
01-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Im leaning towards something here at the house,we have friends who havent even seen our house yet,plus I hate my neighbor and it will piss him off :crossx:
A party at the house will always piss off a neighbor! That works :D A party at the house is just more relaxed and you do not need a sitter :D Have fun which ever you decide! I'm sure she will love whatever you do for her!

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 09:12 AM
That DCB Koolaid must work with the Islander, too! :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
01-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Steve, if you invite John, I would do the Limo thing.
Just my .02

riverroyal
01-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Idea #1 - no matter what ends up happening, show her this thread afterward. You really are trying to get a great plan and not screw up. Chivalrous...very chivalrous. She's got a good man.
Idea #2 - If she likes wine tasting (what woman doesn't) and you're doing the Temecula thing (since you're near there) I think the limo idea is great. It's relaxing because NO ONE has to worry about being responsible for anything except themselves. STRESS FREE.
Now if you want to make it really nice and can do a short wine tasting trip (everybody is not plastered) AND meet up at a local place like the martini (I realize it's not there anymore) and have more people there to surprise her....2-for-1 deal. And if they're friends, I would think they could pay for their own stuff. But whatever.
I would check with everyone you can to do a birthday present of free babysitting and see if anyone has any hook ups with a limo company.....always looking for the deal.
Ok, there's a womans opinion. Hope it helps. If you need any help with the wine part of the deal, I'm a member at a few wineries and from Temecula and can give you some tips, if you like. We're actually doing some tasting the Friday before the boat show! Can't wait!!
Shelby
she went to wilson creek with her work a few months back and loved it,that gave me the idea for the wine tasting thing.

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Just my .02
Now, what's up with the dissin' so early on a beautiful day? Homo!

riverroyal
01-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Just my .02
you wanna come?Legoland is 5 miles away,you got nothing but time

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 09:15 AM
she went to wilson creek with her work a few months back and loved it,that gave me the idea for the wine tasting thing.
...sharp as a tack! :rolleyes:

OnlyMoney
01-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Wilson Creek, that's my girl!!

riverroyal
01-18-2006, 09:18 AM
the place is nice then?

OutCole'd
Now, what's up with the dissin' so early on a beautiful day? Homo!
Sorry, it had something to do with the thong & furniture.

ChumpChange
I just went wine tasting down in Temecula this past Monday. Great time. Good wine, lots of wine. No prep, no clean up, just drink and then sleep all the way home.
Going to Santa Barbara next month, then Napa in summer.

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 09:20 AM
My friend used to have a company where they'd trail ride horses to wineries in T. Have a gourmet lunch waiting at one of them - sometimes Wilson Creek (before the big building was up).
It was a blast helping 'em out. Did it a few times myself.
Keyways use to keep carots for the horses. We'd tie up and go taste; when we'd come out kids were all over them.

riverroyal
01-18-2006, 09:23 AM
My friend used to have a company where they'd trail ride horses to wineries in T. Have a gourmet lunch waiting at one of them - sometimes Wilson Creek (before the big building was up).
It was a blast helping 'em out. Did it a few times myself.
Keyways use to keep carots for the horses. We'd tie up and go taste; when we'd come out kids were all over them.
wear the thong?homo

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 09:25 AM
wear the thong?homo
such animosity, today.

phebus
01-18-2006, 09:29 AM
You'd have to avoid RR's grasp. I don't think he'd let you off his lap. Party for his wife, lap dance for him....Win, win :rollside:

OnlyMoney
01-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Karl Keyes is the coolest. Miss seeing that guy at the beer garden. :)
RR - Wilson Creek is one of the nicer ones, rose bushes, nice property and the staff is great. Thornton is pretty and huge, but the staff is REALLY stuffy. Churon is a newer one that's gorgeous and the wine tasting room/deli area is really nice, too.
I was thinking since you want to have a party at the house, use the wine tasting as your chance to get her out of the house! I'm sure you've got enough friends that could do all the decorating and food prep stuff. I can tell it's going to be a fun time anyway.

riverroyal
01-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Karl Keyes is the coolest. Miss seeing that guy at the beer garden. :)
RR - Wilson Creek is one of the nicer ones, rose bushes, nice property and the staff is great. Thornton is pretty and huge, but the staff is REALLY stuffy. Churon is a newer one that's gorgeous and the wine tasting room/deli area is really nice, too.
I was thinking since you want to have a party at the house, use the wine tasting as your chance to get her out of the house! I'm sure you've got enough friends that could do all the decorating and food prep stuff. I can tell it's going to be a fun time anyway.
also,leave for a 3 hours,then come home.Jb will be in a thong drunk playing darts in the garage....this stuff helps,thanks.I started this early knowing it would take awhile to figure out what im doing

riverroyal
01-18-2006, 09:37 AM
such animosity, today.
up and realised Im going back to work,been pissed all morning

JetBoatRich
01-18-2006, 09:37 AM
when you figured out what exactly you are doing let us know :rolleyes: might get ideas for future BD's :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
01-18-2006, 09:38 AM
you wanna come?Legoland is 5 miles away,you got nothing but time
My wife's bday is next month. I am taking her to san Diego for the weekend, kids and all.
Same weekend? 18th.

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 09:40 AM
My wife's bday is next month. I am taking her to san Diego for the weekend, kids and all.
Same weekend? 18th.
psssst. hey. psssssssssssssssssst. didya' get the stuff? :cool:

NashvilleBound
I'll second that idea!

riverroyal
Same weekend? 18th.
few weeks after that.where are you staying?what will you be doing?

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 09:42 AM
after he makes sure the wife and kids are asleep, he's gonna hit a few, ahem, "alternative lifestyle" drinking/bathouse establisments. :)

OutCole'd
01-18-2006, 09:43 AM
psssst. hey. psssssssssssssssssst. didya' get the stuff? :cool:
Nope

OutCole'd
01-18-2006, 09:44 AM
I have a few friends and family members meeting us there to suprise her. Should be 25-30 peeps.
Probably do Seaworld one day, & just nurse a hang over the next.
Staying at the Catamaran.

OutCole'd
01-18-2006, 09:45 AM
after he makes sure the wife and kids are asleep, he's gonna hit a few, ahem, "alternative lifestyle" drinking/bathouse establisments. :)
And thank you for the #'s by the way.

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Why don't you and the Mrs. go to Pixie's Toy party; if she has a good time, you know the theme of her b-day shindig.

a catered life
01-18-2006, 02:30 PM
two sounds great and its really easy if you hire the right caterer for example we set up everything and clean up during and after the event just talk to some cateriers and tell them what you want if they say we dont do that find another caterer good luck if you need some help let me know

riverroyal
01-18-2006, 02:34 PM
two sounds great and its really easy if you hire the right caterer for example we set up everything and clean up during and after the event just talk to some cateriers and tell them what you want if they say we dont do that find another caterer good luck if you need some help let me know
thats a good idea also

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 03:15 PM
If you go to Temecula, bail on the wineries and play cribbage with the senior folks smoking at Pachanga. Try to go when there are about 30 buses in the lot. Catch a nice nicotine buzz and head home; should have you crib alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll set by then.
What do you want? Streamers? Confetti? Silly String? Hot Oil Twister? Chicks with Di***? You name it, buddy. I'll take care of it!

riverroyal
01-18-2006, 03:27 PM
If you go to Temecula, bail on the wineries and play cribbage with the senior folks smoking at Pachanga. Try to go when there are about 30 buses in the lot. Catch a nice nicotine buzz and head home; should have you crib alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll set by then.
What do you want? Streamers? Confetti? Silly String? Hot Oil Twister? Chicks with Di***? You name it, buddy. I'll take care of it!
keys and a blank check,,thats a option.Can you get Whitesnake to play?Maybe a PIXI party in the loft?How bout a brass pole stuck in my lawn?Maybe pony rides for the kids before sunset,then pony rides for,,,,,I better stop

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 03:28 PM
keys and a blank check,,thats a option.Can you get Whitesnake to play?Maybe a PIXI party in the loft?How bout a brass pole stuck in my lawn?Maybe pony rides for the kids before sunset,then pony rides for,,,,,I better stop
Would wifey like to have blond or brunette strippers in the house? Gotta think big!

riverroyal
01-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Would wifey like to have blond or brunette strippers in the house? Gotta think big!
so we can tell whos hair is whos

OnlyMoney
01-18-2006, 03:42 PM
You guys are so bad...
Hey, if you need a limo service to use, try Esquire (http://www.winetourcentral.com/) . Louie is the owner and they are the nicest (older) people ever. Used them on my 19th bday and for the Winter Barrel Tasting a few years ago. Decent pricing and they know their wineries.
Also, Top Cat Limo (http://www.topcatlimo.com/) looks good and a decent rate and they're out of SD.
Just thinking again....not always a good thing. :rollside:
Good luck...with JB being your planner and all. :p

JB in so cal
01-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Bump for the night-time peeps.

OutCole'd
01-19-2006, 09:24 AM
ttt

Mrs.charitycase
01-19-2006, 09:36 AM
How about a day off of ALL boat sites and Porn sites so your tongue is not tired from lickin the screen all day. :220v: :220v: :220v:
LMAO!

JB in so cal
01-19-2006, 09:43 AM
How about a day off of ALL boat sites and Porn sites so your tongue is not tired from lickin the screen all day. :220v: :220v: :220v:
LMAO!
Ouch! You must know him? :rolleyes:
LOL!!

Havasu Hangin'
01-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Chicks dig strip clubs!
Nothing says "Happy Birthday, honey" like a lap dance from some bimbette with fakies...I always say.

riverroyal
01-19-2006, 12:08 PM
LMAO!
that was wrong,stop peepin in my window