PDA

View Full Version : input..supercharger???

707dog
10-05-2006, 07:49 AM
i got a 05 sea ray sundeck with the 350 mpi mag motor & bravo III drive/twin stainless steel props. iv been kickin around the thought of putting a supercharger on this motor. i have only had one boat with a whipple supercharger and that was my only dealing with the charger scene :) ...i know there is a shit load out there...so my ? would be...what would be a reasonable size and brand to run on this motor without hurting anything but the person on the tube behind the boat...lmao..

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-05-2006, 08:45 AM
I would advise that you leave the motor alone and have fun with the boat....
My .02
Later,
CJG
:)

frdvschvy
10-05-2006, 08:52 AM
My .02
Later,
CJG
Top notch advice.

707dog
10-05-2006, 08:53 AM
My .02
Later,
CJG
IV GOTTIN THAT FROM A FEW OF MY BUDDY'S !! IT DOES GO PRETTY GOOD AS IS..YOU KNOW KID @ HEART ENOUGH IS NEVER ENOUGH..LOL...THANX

Keith E. Sayre
10-05-2006, 08:58 AM
I am asked this question about 10 times a day and I don't have a standard
response but my advice is to leave it alone. A supercharger on that engine
can recover some lost hp due to elevation or may make it more spunky out of
the hole (at the risk of killing your drive) but the boat will not be a different
boat after investing in the supercharger.
If you're a full on "sick puppy" for speed on the water which most of the people on this website are, buy a different boat. That's a real nice boat
but it was never designed to be fast. Nor will it ever be.
Hope I'm not bursting your enthusiasm bubble.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Jbb
10-05-2006, 09:03 AM
I am asked this question about 10 times a day and I don't have a standard
response but my advice is to leave it alone. A supercharger on that engine
can recover some lost hp due to elevation or may make it more spunky out of
the hole (at the risk of killing your drive) but the boat will not be a different
boat after investing in the supercharger.
If you're a full on "sick puppy" for speed on the water which most of the people on this website are, buy a different boat. That's a real nice boat
but it was never designed to be fast. Nor will it ever be.
Hope I'm not bursting your enthusiasm bubble.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Also you all but kill the resale of the boat with a supercharger on it... :p people in the market for that type of boat are frightened of them....
A year ago I sold a 22ft Stingray that had a small blower on it...I had to take the blower off to get any interest at all....after removing it ...it sold in a week...for the same price I was asking with the blower... :p

707dog
10-05-2006, 09:27 AM
thanx for the advise and no bubbles busted here second opinions are always great...ill leave the family mover alone and have fun!..u know the saying ..you only miss it when its gone..lol, thanx again you guys!!