Rednecks!:D:D:D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Rednecks!:D:D:D
LMAO

Water Romper
10-05-2006, 03:07 PM
who makes the best one or which one should I stay away from
I'm looking too....gas or electric? i heard gas is the way to go...and what about voltage..110 or 220?

Cole Trickle
10-05-2006, 03:10 PM
I guess I make 3.
Sounds like we have some buying power. I am looking to go Electric 220V
Nothing crazy exspensive but nice.
I thought I remember someone having a hookup? (Jordy?)

TCHB
10-05-2006, 03:20 PM
We have had a electric (220V) for many years with no problems. We keep the spa at 103 most of the time. My advice is get the basic spa and forget about all the fancy stuff. I also like the colors that make the water look blue like a nice pool.

Water Romper
10-05-2006, 03:26 PM
We have had a electric (220V) for many years with no problems. We keep the spa at 103 most of the time. My advice is get the basic spa and forget about all the fancy stuff. I also like the colors that make the water look blue like a nice pool.
Yeah, I heard 220 for the electric but is the gas for the heat a good option? and I agree with you Re: the No fancy stuff...they make the "fluff" stuff really cheap.

Jordy
10-05-2006, 03:34 PM
I thought I remember someone having a hookup? (Jordy?)
Actually GRASS PAY$ on the boards has a brother who owns Backyard Splash here in town. I imagine that he'd be able to do something for ya. I got my Cal Spa through him and it's great!!! :D

Cole Trickle
10-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Actually GRASS PAY$ on the boards has a brother who owns Backyard Splash here in town. I imagine that he'd be able to do something for ya. I got my Cal Spa through him and it's great!!! :D
Would you do anything different?
Didn't you get the fully loaded mama jama?(Speakers,lights,900 jets,etc...)

K9Blitz
I did a ton of homework before making my spa purchase. Home Shows, retailers, Internet.... I got lots of scoop and came up with two manufacturers. HotSpring and Sundance set the industry standard for high-end spas.
Regardless, don't buy a spa without taking it for a test drive. A reputable shop will maintain some spas in the showroom and insist you bring your trunks and a cold beer to actually demo the spa. You can't compare that to just sticking you hand in the water to feel how powerful a jet is or sitting in the thing with no water.
I had to go with a 220 electric heater. You will pay more for a high-end spa, but you will save money on the power bill. The better companies have the resources and technology to produce efficient long lasting heaters and pumps. Be sure to compare warranties too.
I ended up going with the Sundance because the jets, seating, etc just seemed to fit me better.

marty722
spa is the best... 5 year warranty....

Jordy
10-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Would you do anything different?
Didn't you get the fully loaded mama jama?(Speakers,lights,900 jets,etc...)
The only thing I would do different would be go bigger, something like a spool that I could swim laps in, or tie a tube to the edge and turn the jets on like a lazy river. :D :D :D
And yeah, we got the mama jama rama model. The only other thing I could forseeably add was the built in DVD and plasma TV. :D :D :D

VanDeano
10-05-2006, 03:39 PM
You should of went to the Pomona Fair last week. They had hundreds to choose from. I couldn't believe how cheap they were selling for. Spas have gone along way from the last time I purchased one 10 years ago. Now they actually have disco lights in them.

cc322
10-05-2006, 03:44 PM
We love our j365 Jacuzzi
When you look ask if they are ISO9001. Just like custom boats there are good ones and there are not so good ones. Here is a great site for info
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/...?source=adwords

phebus
10-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Top three spas:
Hot Springs
Jacuzzi
Sundance

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-05-2006, 03:50 PM
mmmm what about Cal Spas

Jordy
10-05-2006, 03:54 PM
mmmm what about Cal Spas
Why don't you take a look at post #8 amigo??? :D :D :D

phebus
10-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Don't know about Cal Spas, but the info on top spas was given to me by the vice president of one of the good companies, and he stated who the best in the industry was.

squirt'nmyload
10-05-2006, 03:55 PM
We love our j365 Jacuzzi
When you look ask if they are ISO9001. Just like custom boats there are good ones and there are not so good ones. Here is a great site for info
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/...?source=adwords
we have a jacuzzi also and we love it

cc322
10-05-2006, 03:58 PM
mmmm what about Cal Spas
No do not get sucked into there sales pitch, also they have very bad customer service the above statement is correct Hotsprings, Jacuzzi, and Sundance. all ISO9001. Believe me I researched the crap out of spas when I bought mine, If you want they guys number where I bought mine let me know, they are hungry for business as things have slowed down

Jordy
10-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Hmmm...
Cal Spas:
10 year spa shell/structural warranty.
10 year interior surface warranty.
5 year equipment warranty.
5 year plumbing warranty.
5 year cabinet warranty.
LIFETIME component warrany that covers the heat exchanger and ozone generator.
Not too shabby there either. ;)

racecar.hotshoe
10-05-2006, 04:00 PM
We have a life spa no problems with it!

cc322
10-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Hmmm...
Cal Spas:
10 year spa shell/structural warranty.
10 year interior surface warranty.
5 year equipment warranty.
5 year plumbing warranty.
5 year cabinet warranty.
LIFETIME component warrany that covers the heat exchanger and ozone generator.
Not too shabby there either. ;)
Yeah when you have a problem they will come out and try to find every little thing wrong to denie a claim like oh we tested your water and it is not within the correct ph DENIED. Like I said do a search on Cal Spas and learn for yourself, also they are not ISO 9001

Jordy
10-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah when you have a problem they will come out and try to find every little thing wrong to denie a claim
I think I'll be OK seeing how a fellow boater is the dealer out here. ;)

Garrddogg
10-05-2006, 04:06 PM
I might as well get one too!
That makes me # 4..

racecar.hotshoe
10-05-2006, 04:12 PM
I might as well get one too!
That makes me # 4..
Skipper's a copycat! :crossx: :crossx:

havaduner
10-05-2006, 04:16 PM
I own a Cal Spas. Cant say I'll buy another one.
After sales service sucks. The warranty is great. Getting someone to service it is another.
220v electric, is the way to go.

Miss Jackie
10-05-2006, 04:19 PM
All I know is I want a call...

cc322
10-05-2006, 04:37 PM
I think I'll be OK seeing how a fellow boater is the dealer out here. ;)
A dealer is alot different then the service guy doing the work unless he comes directly from cal spas,. Most use a contracted spa co. If you never have a problem thats great, you are one of the lucky ones. The best are
Sundance
Jacuzzi
Hot springs
, and they all make a lower model
Hot springs= Tiger rivers spas
Sundance= 700 series
Jacuzzi Premium = Jacuzzi

JustMVG
10-05-2006, 04:42 PM
SYA check your PM's

doesitfloat?
10-05-2006, 05:04 PM
On our second spa and this is my advice:
DO's: Go as big as you can if you like to entertain or you have kids (or if you want to have kids :cool: )
Get the stereo setup...way better than lugging a boom box or having to get out to adjust the volume when you turn the jets on/off.
Get a nice cover "remover" that helps you cover/uncover the spa (good for the wife).
DONT'S: Skip the recliner positon models. They look great in the show room but if your lady is less than 150 lbs, she'll just keep floating up to the surface. My wife hated that recliner in our first tub. Also, it takes up the space of another 2-3 seats that your friend's hot wife could be sitting in.
Forget the "water sheet" option. Lame...looks good in the showroom...waste of money. Unless you're going to turn on your hot tub and water sheet as a "water feature" at one of your parties. If so, here's your flannel, a dental plan, and some hub caps for your home's wheels.

riverbound
10-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Top three spas:
Hot Springs
Jacuzzi
Sundance
I would agree. we actually have two Hot springs (Big Bear & Pismo) and we have been more than happy.
Cal Spas builds a nice spa, but I have heard horror stories about the cust. service.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-05-2006, 05:45 PM
All I know is I want a call...
you will get plenty of calls, remember it will be a nude only spa :rollside:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-05-2006, 05:45 PM
I would agree. we actually have two Hot springs (Big Bear & Pismo) and we have been more than happy.
Cal Spas builds a nice spa, but I have heard horror stories about the cust. service.
Thanks I will look into all of them

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-05-2006, 05:47 PM
On our second spa and this is my advice:
DO's: Go as big as you can if you like to entertain or you have kids (or if you want to have kids :cool: )
Get the stereo setup...way better than lugging a boom box or having to get out to adjust the volume when you turn the jets on/off.
Get a nice cover "remover" that helps you cover/uncover the spa (good for the wife).
DONT'S: Skip the recliner positon models. They look great in the show room but if your lady is less than 150 lbs, she'll just keep floating up to the surface. My wife hated that recliner in our first tub. Also, it takes up the space of another 2-3 seats that your friend's hot wife could be sitting in.
Forget the "water sheet" option. Lame...looks good in the showroom...waste of money. Unless you're going to turn on your hot tub and water sheet as a "water feature" at one of your parties. If so, here's your flannel, a dental plan, and some hub caps for your home's wheels.
Thanks

Sin Cal
10-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Hey Mel we brought a Hotspring spa three years ago and love it. The trick is knowing what it takes to keep it maintained. That's what caught me by surprise. Heard you met my baby girl. I own you and Tom a drink for keeping an eye on her thanks.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey Mel we brought a Hotspring spa three years ago and love it. The trick is knowing what it takes to keep it maintained. That's what caught me by surprise. Heard you met my baby girl. I own you and Tom a drink for keeping an eye on her thanks.
yesss I did she reminds me of my daughter so you know I kept the sharks away

racecar.hotshoe
10-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey Mel I know what your partys are like so you better get a big one! :crossx:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey Mel I know what your partys are like so you better get a big one! :crossx:
LMAO yessss I will

HocusPocus
10-05-2006, 07:37 PM
my cal spa is 20 years old, seats 8 and its electric 220, never ever had any problems with it. if this one ever dies i will buy another. :)

BOBALOO
10-05-2006, 07:53 PM
No do not get sucked into there sales pitch, also they have very bad customer service the above statement is correct Hotsprings, Jacuzzi, and Sundance. all ISO9001. Believe me I researched the crap out of spas when I bought mine, If you want they guys number where I bought mine let me know, they are hungry for business as things have slowed down
I researched the crap out of spas also and ended up with the Sundance. The Jacuzzi cc322 has was second on the list. Go to "whats the best spa .com for more info than you can shake a stick at. Mine was about 6500$
The Cal spa is no doubt nice but like everybody says the service has gone down the drain. I had a prob with my recirc pump after 2 years and it was changed out in 2 days. The key is finding a GOOD dealer.
Almost all portable spas are 240v and mine stays at 100 in the winter and 96 in the summer. It added 10-15 bux to the monthly bill. I also use Baqua spa water treatment 1x per week. I use this b/c there is NO chlorine smell after you get out. Be prepared to check and treat your water 1x per week.
Oh yeah, invite us over for a dip.:D

4DAY4PLAY
10-05-2006, 08:10 PM
The spa business is cut throat....when i was doing research prior to buying ours, everyone bad-mouthed everyone else, kinda like custom boat companies!!!! anyways i ended up buying a really nice basic spa from Costco due to a few reasons:
-Best price, and i mean best, several thousands less than sundance and hot spring for same size tub, pump, and number of jets.
-Came with 4 year "bumper to bumper" warranty from manufacturer, plus costcos warranty if they didnt honor it, is the best out there.
-They delivered, set it up, filled it up, and walked me thru it, all part of the package.
To be honest, Hot springs and Sundance Looked like the best product on the market but for a very hefty price...Do you get what you pay for? probably, but ive had mine 3 years and not 1 problem, and i saved atleast $2000 if not more.
Although, take my opinion with a grain of salt cause when i bought a boat it was a commander, not a DCB or Hallett, but i payed half the price too and enjoyed it just as much.

Parker Dreamin
10-05-2006, 08:12 PM
We have a Diamante Spa and love it, 220 electric heater, 5 yr warranty etc........... bought it at Spa World.

doesitfloat?
10-05-2006, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=4DAY4PLAY]The spa business is cut throat....when i was doing research prior to buying ours, everyone bad-mouthed everyone else, kinda like custom boat companies!!!! anyways i ended up buying a really nice basic spa from Costco due to a few reasons:
-Best price, and i mean best, several thousands less than sundance and hot spring for same size tub, pump, and number of jets.
-Came with 4 year "bumper to bumper" warranty from manufacturer, plus costcos warranty if they didnt honor it, is the best out there.
-They delivered, set it up, filled it up, and walked me thru it, all part of the package.
QUOTE]
Same here! Fully loaded spa, 300-350 (?) gallons, all the bells and whistles (some not needed) for $3,999. There was 3 at the Costco and all were gone within the day. My buddy wanted one but I got the last one. They are Often times available from Costco online with free delivery.
It's an Elite spa but Costco has them remove all traces of the mfr. name. I figured WTF. Even if stuff goes wrong and I'm parts changing in 2 years, I'm still way ahead on the $$$.
This tub with all its features including stereo and pop up speakers can't be touched for less than $6,000 in the stores.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/sorerib/NewCostcoElitespa.jpg

Chipster27
10-05-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm with K9Blitz on this. I'll add a 3rd, Dimension 1. I think it was a spin off company from some employees from HotSpring.
Check the insulation, number of pumps, number of and size of filters. My spa is WELL insulated. It maintains about 100 without the heater turned on. I have 3 pumps, one is a small circulation pump that always circulates water through the filters and ozonater. I do not use chemicals and my spa tests clean week after week. The spa also takes the heat from the circ pump and uses it to heat the spa. Probably costs me $20 a month to run this thing. I've had it for almost 7 years and it's been amazingly reliable.
If I were to do it again I'd look at Dimension One and Sundance. My neighbor just bought a Costco spa, it's the Bayliner of spas. Lots of bling (waterfall, pop up speakers, blah blah blah), but the quality of construction is a joke, pull off a side panel and look at the construction. Side panels are "platic-wood". No insulation, how much are you going to spend heating a spa that does not retain the heat? One pump and a Marlboro Light has more filter surface than their spa...[edit]Ironically 2 guys post about their Costco spas as I was typing this :) [edit]
Spend the money, get a good one. It will be trouble free and cost you less in the long run. Also, try to get it from a local dealer, you may need the support down the road.
I did a ton of homework before making my spa purchase. Home Shows, retailers, Internet.... I got lots of scoop and came up with two manufacturers. HotSpring and Sundance set the industry standard for high-end spas.

doesitfloat?
10-05-2006, 08:36 PM
No offense taken, Chipster. I know I don't have the porsche of spas! :) It's simply a matter of value. I got a good deal considering the cost. The true test will be in 5-7 years.
Also, spas lose their value very quickly. And most buyers of used spas don't know sh!t about spas (not that I know much more) So if I sell my spa in 3 years to get a pool, I will lose much less overall than someone who paid $7500 for a "name" brand.
Question: What do mean about one pump and filter surface area? I have 2 high speed pumps and a continuous circ pump in mine. Am I missing something?

Scarab Jet
10-05-2006, 08:56 PM
I've got one that is in a very good condition. It has an electric heater and several jets. It also comes with a thick foam cover and a cedar siding. I'll let it go for $1200.00... The spa is in Needles/Mohave Valley area. PM me if interested...
I'm looking too....gas or electric? i heard gas is the way to go...and what about voltage..110 or 220?

a catered life
10-05-2006, 09:59 PM
been looking my self and keep hearing the same..sundance

cc322
10-06-2006, 04:40 AM
Just for the record Jacuzzi owns Sundance, they are built on the same assembly line. Chino Ca.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-06-2006, 07:36 AM
Thanks Everyone

phebus
10-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Your welcome. Next time you want to be further confused, just let us know :)

ROZ
10-06-2006, 08:03 AM
I wouldn't get one too big.. Because when you want to get rid of it and nobody wants it(for free even), it will take up too much space in a trash container after you cut it up and may require a second dump.
Just thinking toward the future... :D
Oh yea, put a tv and speakers inside your spa gazebo, and you won't need the fancy shmancy popup stereo and speakers :D
Gotta go!

gramps
10-06-2006, 08:17 AM
I have had Hot Springs for 12 years.................220V set at 104 degrees and cost about 50 cents a day to run. If I ever buy another spa it will be a Hot Springs.

Chipster27
10-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey doesitfloat,
The right spa (boat/car/truck/house) is the one you're happy with, that's the bottom line.
The one my neighbor bought (online from Costco) is probably a differnet model than the one you have. Theirs has 1 pump, no insulation, no circ pump, and seriously a filter the size of a Foster's Lager can. But it does have a stereo with pop up speakers and a little waterfall :)
Sounds like you have a different model. Costco just drop shipped it to his driveway. He had to muscle it in to his backyard (wait a minute...I helped him :)) and set it up. He has no local dealer support and god only knows who the mfgr was.
Like anything, do your homework, check the forums, ask around and make the decision on the one that meets your requirements, whether it's size, number of jets or financial.
Regarding the value....I'm just going to run mine in to the ground. I don't even know if selling a used one is worth it.
No offense taken, Chipster. I know I don't have the porsche of spas! :) It's simply a matter of value. I got a good deal considering the cost. The true test will be in 5-7 years.
Also, spas lose their value very quickly. And most buyers of used spas don't know sh!t about spas (not that I know much more) So if I sell my spa in 3 years to get a pool, I will lose much less overall than someone who paid $7500 for a "name" brand.

bocco
10-06-2006, 08:45 AM
We've had a Dimension one spa for 16 years. Still working. We did burn up a heater element but it wasn't real expensive to replace after 12 years.
We looked at Hot springs at the same time and they are the DCB of spas but expensive and the dealer was a sleaze. When my wife showed up with a swimsuit and a towel and they new her next stop was D1 the started making up all kinds of bogus discounts. F that. Give me the deal up front.
What I have learned about spas over the years is that much like boats the mfrs don't usually make their own pump/heater/control unit. You may find more than one manufacturer using the same pump/heater/control unit. Also look to see if the pump is easily removable. I got pretty good at pulling my whole pump out and taking it to the pool shop for repairs. They have a test setup to run water through them.
220V is a must. And if you are running new elctrical go one size over on the wire guage.

HMF'er
10-06-2006, 04:27 PM
mmmm what about Cal Spas
I have a CalSpa, it's about 5 years old. Their customer service absolutely sucks, probably the worst I have ever encountered. They are one of those companies who have an automated phone system that you push all kinds of different numbers as you sort through all the options on the menu, and you always end up with someone's voicemail. They never call back. Stay away from CalSpas.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I have a CalSpa, it's about 5 years old. Their customer service absolutely sucks, probably the worst I have ever encountered. They are one of those companies who have an automated phone system that you push all kinds of different numbers as you sort through all the options on the menu, and you always end up with someone's voicemail. They never call back. Stay away from CalSpas.
thanks I will

edog_103
11-17-2006, 09:56 AM
I have a Cal Spas, and it is the biggest pile of shit. It worked great for 30 days. Then the low speed went out on it. Called Cal Spas customer service about 50 times then got referred to an outside contractor that charged me $70 drive time to come out and tell me the low speed is out. This was six months ago. Now I can't get a hold of him (Dave at Pro tech). So I now have a big bucket of water in the back yard. Good times. Cal spas = hunk of shit.