PDA

View Full Version : It's Pouring RAIN (OSS RACE LAS VEGAS)

x7734x
10-06-2006, 06:01 AM
It's pouring for anyone heading or thinking about heading here for the OSS race. Should make for an interesting weekend. It's hasn't rained like this since last year. Then the dam weather waits until this is going on. :mad:

scarabrick2
10-06-2006, 06:13 AM
it's not raining !!!!!!!!! overlooking the strip from my office and there is scattered clouds. Hell i see BLUE sky... little humidity and cooler weather makes for a fast boat. Lake should be flat and fast. better bring big pitch props all u racers :). I 'll be at hooters around 6 for the safety meeting and a cocktail.
Rick
270 step Hallett closed bow

HavasuSelect
10-06-2006, 06:13 AM
Damn, How long is that rain supposed to last?

framer1
10-06-2006, 06:14 AM
It's pouring for anyone heading or thinking about heading here for the OSS race. Should make for an interesting weekend. It's hasn't rained like this since last year. Then the dam weather waits until this is going on. :mad:
I towed my boat home from Havasu last Sunday. It rained in Bakerfield what a mess. It took 2 hours just to clean the trailer :mad: Hope it stops for you guy that should be a fun event.

dicudmore
10-06-2006, 06:18 AM
with all the rain yesterday went out to ck on marks boat at the lake and there wasnt a drop out there--figures the first time we use a dock over night we get all this rain here

ahhell
10-06-2006, 06:27 AM
shouldnt last too long
radar (http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=esx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no)

scarabrick2
10-06-2006, 06:42 AM
scattered t storms 2 day and clear SAT/SUN highs low 80's
\
out on the lake both days :)

OnlyMoney
10-06-2006, 07:05 AM
That's funny, I was up all night with the WIND and rain! Wow...great weather we need it...but I thought about all those people who detailed their boats just to come to the lake.....it's going to be a mess by the time it gets here. Supposed to have another chance later today...but the weekend looks great for the most part. Won't keep us away....we've packed enough to stay a week! :220v: Please come by and drink with me...my liver is already crying! :rollside: :rollside:

x7734x
10-06-2006, 07:10 AM
That's funny, I was up all night with the WIND and rain! Wow...great weather we need it...but I thought about all those people who detailed their boats just to come to the lake.....it's going to be a mess by the time it gets here. Supposed to have another chance later today...but the weekend looks great for the most part. Won't keep us away....we've packed enough to stay a week! :220v: Please come by and drink with me...my liver is already crying! :rollside: :rollside:
That's what I was thinking.
If anyone needs a detail on there boat let me know. I have a hookup on a mobile detailer and we will get them done wherever you are.

scarabrick2
10-06-2006, 07:15 AM
u drinking at hooters today before or after the 5-6 meeting?

scarabrick2
10-06-2006, 07:17 AM
ohhhhhhhh noooooooo the sun just came through :)

Cruzzze
10-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Where is the best place to watch from shore?

beaverretriever
10-06-2006, 08:18 AM
It didnt even rain in Boulder City. Its supposed to be all cleared up by Sat.

beaverretriever
10-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Where is the best place to watch from shore?
That is what we are doing. I dont want to deal with launching. It runs really close to Boulder Beach.

OnlyMoney
10-06-2006, 08:25 AM
u drinking at hooters today before or after the 5-6 meeting?
Sorry, Hooters will never be on our list of places to party/drink. :yuk: :220v: :) But, we'll be in Lake Las Vegas tonight at Sunset & Vines (Restaurant/Bar/Wine Bar) and we're staying on our boat in Lake Mead marina. We'll see you all out there!!! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

scarabrick2
10-06-2006, 09:18 AM
i ment the hooters hotel not the bar!
My bro and I r staying out at the marina( sat night ) on a 42 searay. i think its in A dock.third from the last dock leavin the launch ramp. we'll have the 270 Hallett parked behind it. stop by for a drink or maybe we can have 1 with you > Always nice to meet people who enjoy the same things
Rick/Jeff

OnlyMoney
10-06-2006, 09:27 AM
i ment the hooters hotel not the bar!
My bro and I r staying out at the marina( sat night ) on a 42 searay. i think its in A dock.third from the last dock leavin the launch ramp. we'll have the 270 Hallett parked behind it. stop by for a drink or maybe we can have 1 with you > Always nice to meet people who enjoy the same things
Rick/Jeff
Hotels have bars, too?!?!?!! :rollside: :rollside:
We're on C dock there...across from the popo's :rolleyes: about half way from the parking lot. End tie..Sunseeker named Starfish. :p

x7734x
10-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Ok the sun is out and shining.
Any one that needs a detail let me know and I will line it up for you.
I will be going out to Boulder Beach Sat. and Sun. to watch the races as my boat is still in the shop.