PDA

View Full Version : Hard boiled eggs

Tom Brown
10-07-2006, 12:23 PM
How can I make hard boiled eggs so the shells peel easily?
I've tried a few different combinations of time and quenching but they don't peel worth shit and there's only so many hours in a day.
I've got to take a potato salad to a church meeting this evening and I don't have a lot of time.

Jbb
10-07-2006, 12:25 PM
You are on death row.....eggs do not matter now.....an escape plan does... :p

Tom Brown
10-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I plan to chop my way out.
I'll win over her heart, just leave this in my hands.

Jordy
10-07-2006, 12:45 PM
I usually just boil them and then dunk them in ice water. Always peel easy for me. Perhaps the eggshell conversion factor is toying with you. :D :D :D

HM
10-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Go buy some deviled eggs at the store. Just add potatoes and mayo.

ratso
10-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Tom, I boil mine for 20 minutes. After that I run cold water over them while they are still in the pot. The shells will peel very easily then. Lemme know if you want to know how I do my Trail Mix... :D

hoolign
10-07-2006, 02:25 PM
How can I make hard boiled eggs so the shells peel easily?
I've tried a few different combinations of time and quenching but they don't peel worth shit and there's only so many hours in a day.
I've got to take a potato salad to a church meeting this evening and I don't have a lot of time.
Ok heres what ya do!
You'll need a few items first and about an hours prep time.
2 large bath towels
4 large pots
2 dozen eggs
1 hockey stick
1 mop
Fill 4 pots with water and start boiling the water. Once the water is boiling dispence an deven amount of eggs into each pot
Soak the towels with water, wrap the towels around your feet, put your feet into the deepfreeze!
let the eggs boil for an hour!
When the towels are frozen solid on your feet, grab the hockey stick and smack the pots sending them onto the floor..the eggs will crack and for most part be peeled
Walk around the kitchen and pick em up! ( and you thought the frozen towel idea was a waste! )
Mop the floor

Tom Brown
10-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Tom, I boil mine for 20 minutes. After that I run cold water over them while they are still in the pot. The shells will peel very easily then. Lemme know if you want to know how I do my Trail Mix... :D
Thanks, gents. :cool:
I boiled them for 15 minutes before quenching. They were fine but could have used a few more minutes... 20 minutes next time.
The potato salad is done. I ran out of mayonnaise and had to substitute but I know the church ladies will enjoy it, despite the unusual presentation.

Tom Brown
10-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Ok heres what ya do! ..........
Mop the floor
You are one of the great evil genius of our time, Hooli. :idea:

hoolign
10-07-2006, 02:40 PM
You are one of the great evil genius of our time, Hooli. :idea:
My fortee is not really 'boiled eggs" ..Scrambled is my gig! but renting the 40 ton jack takes some lead time!

Jbb
10-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Brown stain....did you watch that F1 vid>?

hoolign
10-07-2006, 02:45 PM
jack hole :mad:

Tom Brown
10-07-2006, 02:47 PM
I laughed my ass off. Thanks for sending it. :cool:

Jbb
10-07-2006, 02:49 PM
:)

hoolign
10-07-2006, 02:52 PM
A perfectly good thread about eggs...and you two jack holes start going on a bout F1's ...and laughing??? WTF?? :mad:

Jbb
10-07-2006, 02:56 PM
:)

Wet Dream
10-07-2006, 03:02 PM
You go to church? :confused: ;)

Tom Brown
10-07-2006, 03:10 PM
That Brown is one hard egg..... :jawdrop:
OK... I'll bare my soul a little...
I've been watching Formula 1 racing since the mid 70s, with a break that started in 1994 and ended in 1995. A lot of men have died in Formula 1 racing while I've been watching.
When I started watching the Imola coverage in 1994, Ratzenberger was already dead. He died during qualifying. It weighed heavily on me at the time.
Watching that video, he didn't look dead when they first got to him. Everything I've read said he died on impact but he looked to move a tiny amount in that clip. Maybe it was just momentum.
Anyway, when Senna died and they found an Austrian flag in his car, I was so choked, I didn't watch F1 again for over a year.
I had to watch that clip in a few goes to get through it. There are a lot of memories there.
The odd guy is going to die unexpectedly doing anything... hell, apparently people die chewing on toothpicks... but it makes me more than a little conflicted about my love for Formula 1.
Rest in peace, gentlemen.

Jbb
10-07-2006, 03:14 PM
It was pretty tough to watch.....My dad was a Big F1 fan.....I watched alot of it growing up and saw alot of what was in that clip..........I tended toward drag racing more as I got older....but for sure F1 drivers have my respect...

ratso
10-07-2006, 03:24 PM
OK... I'll bare my soul a little...
I've been watching Formula 1 racing since the mid 70s, with a break that started in 1994 and ended in 1995. A lot of men have died in Formula 1 racing while I've been watching.
When I started watching the Imola coverage in 1994, Ratzenberger was already dead. He died during qualifying. It weighed heavily on me at the time.
Watching that video, he didn't look dead when they first got to him. Everything I've read said he died on impact but he looked to move a tiny amount in that clip. Maybe it was just momentum.
Anyway, when Senna died and they found an Austrian flag in his car, I was so choked, I didn't watch F1 again for over a year.
I had to watch that clip in a few goes to get through it. There are a lot of memories there.
The odd guy is going to die unexpectedly doing anything... hell, apparently people die chewing on toothpicks... but it makes me more than a little conflicted about my love for Formula 1.
Rest in peace, gentlemen.
Tom, I remember the Indy 500 in May of 73. I watched those races with my dad. That was one of the lowest points in Indy history. Swede Savage was killed along with Art Pollard and a crewman Armando Teran... still haunts me to this day... :frown:
http://indymotorspeedway.com/500d-73.htm

hoolign
10-07-2006, 04:00 PM
I'll never be able to eat a hard boiled egg without shedding a tear for Tom!
Thanks asshole! :mad:

Nord
10-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Church meeting???
How do you walk into a church without bursting into flames??? ;)

ROZ
10-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Church meeting???
How do you walk into a church without bursting into flames??? ;)
Flame suit, of course :)

BBB
10-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Here's an instructional video that you might find useful:
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/1080/