PDA

View Full Version : Now this is having fun.

H20 Toie
10-07-2006, 01:46 PM
I wish i could have made the scope video shoot it looks like they had fun.
http://www.primepost.us/gallery/Powerboats/Tank.jpg
Tank now has one cool pic

Liquid Courage
10-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks dan....I hate to say it but yea, you did miss a good run. I think all 25 boats taht participated will have some great shots. It's gonna be an insane video...Every boat had a good run. 4-5' swells with the occasional BIG swell in the mix. We ran directly into it for 2 miles at around 60-65 mph.
I think Chris (29Lavey) is going to sell the videos when they're done. :cool:

INSman
10-08-2006, 06:44 AM
You know that if Dan did show up , he just would have got stuck towing someone else's broken down rig like usual :220v: :rollside:

RitcheyRch
10-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Cant wait to see the videos

MsDrmr
10-08-2006, 07:47 AM
It would appear that one might need to change their bottoms after that?
But it does look like fun :crossx:

Liquid Courage
10-08-2006, 10:24 AM
You know that if Dan did show up , he just would have got stuck towing someone else's broken down rig like usual :220v: :rollside:
TRUE!!!! :D

Liquid Courage
10-08-2006, 10:24 AM
It would appear that one might need to change their bottoms after that?
But it does look like fun :crossx:
It wasn't as bad as it looks :cool:

INSman
10-08-2006, 10:28 AM
TRUE!!!! :D
Let me know if you ever want to go out and find yourself in need of a boat beotch !!
Tim sell any of his boats ??

H20 Toie
10-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Let me know if you ever want to go out and find yourself in need of a boat beotch !!
yep he has a 38' ts top gun

Liquid Courage
10-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Dude, you need to run your rig out here! but you're more than welcome anytime with us.
And yea, Tim sold the Tiger and bought a SICK T/S Gun. Here's a pic of it (it's the gray one, the others is Kevins).

Liquid Courage
10-08-2006, 11:18 AM
yep he has a 38' ts top gun
Dan, you still on the road?
Doing Havasu next weekend huh?

MsDrmr
10-08-2006, 11:25 AM
well in that case, it looks like it could be a real hoot. As long as the person behind the wheel knows what he/she is doin :)

Liquid Courage
10-08-2006, 11:44 AM
well in that case, it looks like it could be a real hoot. As long as the person behind the wheel knows what he/she is doin :)
Huh, well I guess that could be questionable. But I try to stay safe :D

MsDrmr
10-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Huh, well I guess that could be questionable. But I try to stay safe :D
Now now, if you have not gotten hurt, or hurt anyone, then hopefully you know what your doing and "SAFE" is rule #1

wsuwrhr
10-09-2006, 07:14 AM
Transom of the boat 2-3 feet out of the water, bow out 10-15 feet.
Along comes another swell and a sweet STUFF is on the horizon.
Nah. Just another day ocean boating.
Brian

INSman
10-09-2006, 07:26 AM
Dude, you need to run your rig out here! but you're more than welcome anytime with us.
And yea, Tim sold the Tiger and bought a SICK T/S Gun. Here's a pic of it (it's the gray one, the others is Kevins).
I am very jealous, what motors ?? New or used ??
I am sure my baby 29' would survive a trip or two in some mild conditions but I am pretty certain that it was not built with ocean pounding in mind :220v:
I think you have my number, so I am pretty much available whenever now that summer is over, although I will be in havasu this weekend.

Steamin' Rice
10-09-2006, 08:31 AM
I am sure my baby 29' would survive a trip or two in some mild conditions but I am pretty certain that it was not built with ocean pounding in mind :220v:
I think you have my number, so I am pretty much available whenever now that summer is over, although I will be in havasu this weekend.
Blane, get your boat out there... :crossx: :crossx:
I ran my 29 in the ocean for the 2 years I had it without a single problem, and the 34 has been even better. There were 2 34's and a 29 at this video shoot, and they all handled the air time great. :idea:

Liquid Courage
10-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Blane, get your boat out there... :crossx: :crossx:
I ran my 29 in the ocean for the 2 years I had it without a single problem, and the 34 has been even better. There were 2 34's and a 29 at this video shoot, and they all handled the air time great. :idea:
I'd have to agree with Rice. It was commented by a few at how well the Shockwaves looked out there running.

Steamin' Rice
10-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Hey Tank - Nice avatar... lit lit lit lit lit looked good on the water!

Dawn Patrol
10-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks dan....I hate to say it but yea, you did miss a good run. I think all 25 boats taht participated will have some great shots. It's gonna be an insane video...Every boat had a good run. 4-5' swells with the occasional BIG swell in the mix. We ran directly into it for 2 miles at around 60-65 mph.
I think Chris (29Lavey) is going to sell the videos when they're done. :cool:
Tank,
It was good seeing you at the video run. I cant wait to see this video. I hope I have a picture as good as yours. That was just to much fun.

Dawn Patrol
10-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Blane,
My 29 felt great and we got some really good air. Just make sure your backing off the trottles at the right time. The hull handled the ocean great.

Throttle
10-09-2006, 09:23 AM
wow, whatta ride...
i like video's - I want one...

INSman
10-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Blane,
My 29 felt great and we got some really good air. Just make sure your backing off the trottles at the right time. The hull handled the ocean great.
I am about to bring her back to Bob for some color sanding and some interior work. Maybe I can find some temporary storage out here and make a few trips. When does the ocean season end if that question even makes sense ??!!?? :)

INSman
10-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Blane,
You have an Open Bow or Closed ??

DILLIGAF
10-09-2006, 12:19 PM
I am about to bring her back to Bob for some color sanding and some interior work. Maybe I can find some temporary storage out here and make a few trips. When does the ocean season end if that question even makes sense ??!!?? :)
Come on out Blaine. I found an inside storage place in Riverside for $165. per month. I did this so the boat will be closeby for some quick ocean runs this winter. As you know mine is an open bow also.
I am getting ready for my first trip over to Catalina and I am looking forward to it.

Liquid Courage
10-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Tim's gun is an 04 w/525's. Runs 90, nice and reliable.
Dude, your boat would be fine in the ocean.
Hey Tank - Nice avatar... lit lit lit lit lit looked good on the water!
Thanks Greg, you guys looked great out there too!
Tank,
It was good seeing you at the video run. I cant wait to see this video. I hope I have a picture as good as yours. That was just to much fun.
It was good seeing you guys too. The boat looks great...Running or sitting at the dock!
i like video's - I want one...
They will be for sale and worth every penny. Every boat that ran had great air time!

Dawn Patrol
10-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Now through December is a great time. You usually have better weather in the afternoon. I have a closed bow but I havn't taken any water over the bow yet.

INSman
10-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Now through December is a great time. You usually have better weather in the afternoon. I have a closed bow but I havn't taken any water over the bow yet.
YET :2purples: j/k
I know I would be fine, would just prefer to have the closed bow.

dicudmore
10-09-2006, 02:01 PM
don't be chicken :220v: I ran my CHEETAH to Catalina MANY MANY times :crossx:

INSman
10-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Come on out Blaine. I found an inside storage place in Riverside for $165. per month. I did this so the boat will be closeby for some quick ocean runs this winter. As you know mine is an open bow also.
I am getting ready for my first trip over to Catalina and I am looking forward to it.
Day trip ?? When ??

INSman
10-09-2006, 02:02 PM
don't be chicken :220v: I ran my CHEETAH to Catalina MANY MANY times :crossx:
Cheetah, enough said :220v: :D j/k

dicudmore
10-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Cheetah, enough said :220v: :D j/k
I was kinda implying...that it didn't break so IN THEORY you should be good :cool:
Let me know when the trip is on...and can I drive? :D

dicudmore
10-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Day trip ?? When ??
late October is good ocean boating :cool:

Steamin' Rice
10-09-2006, 02:59 PM
late October is good ocean boating :cool:
I agree completely - We did the video shoot two weekends ago, and last weekend we ran the boat from Dana Point to Long Beach for - A great trip up the OC coast -
Blane, if you don't get your boat in the water out here, you are missing out!! :boxed:

INSman
10-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I agree completely - We did the video shoot two weekends ago, and last weekend we ran the boat from Dana Point to Long Beach for - A great trip up the OC coast -
Blane, if you don't get your boat in the water out here, you are missing out!! :boxed:
Just do not relish the thought of cleaning after the salt :yuk:

INSman
10-09-2006, 05:00 PM
So, I guess this means that Tim can share in the towing duties from here on ?? :cool:
Tim's gun is an 04 w/525's. Runs 90, nice and reliable.
Dude, your boat would be fine in the ocean.
Thanks Greg, you guys looked great out there too!
It was good seeing you guys too. The boat looks great...Running or sitting at the dock!
They will be for sale and worth every penny. Every boat that ran had great air time!

dicudmore
10-09-2006, 05:01 PM
SALT-AWAY simple and it works...

Liquid Courage
10-09-2006, 06:24 PM
So, I guess this means that Tim can share in the towing duties from here on ?? :cool:
HA! You're funny! Dan should like that comment.....You have to be smart enough to stay AWAY from broken people!! :crossx:

Steamin' Rice
10-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Do you clean your boat after you use it in fresh water? Does that inclide washing it from top to bottom?
Cleanup after an ocean trip isn't that much harder than after a lake trip. You do have to flush both engines, which will take you 15 minutes or so. Also, after repeated trips in the salt, there may be some damage to some of your hardware, but this can be kept to a minimum if you take care of your boat while you are using it. After about 100 hours of salt use, my 29 didn't have any rust on it. The trailer had a few rust spots, but it wasn't galvanized and I took it to Extreme for some touch ups to make it like new.
You're almost out of excuses now Blane... :D :D

INSman
10-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Do you clean your boat after you use it in fresh water? Does that inclide washing it from top to bottom?
Cleanup after an ocean trip isn't that much harder than after a lake trip. You do have to flush both engines, which will take you 15 minutes or so. Also, after repeated trips in the salt, there may be some damage to some of your hardware, but this can be kept to a minimum if you take care of your boat while you are using it. After about 100 hours of salt use, my 29 didn't have any rust on it. The trailer had a few rust spots, but it wasn't galvanized and I took it to Extreme for some touch ups to make it like new.
Damn, you guys are good :rollside:
Don't you have to start packing for an out-of-state trip here in the near future ??!!?? :messedup: :D

Steamin' Rice
10-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Damn, you guys are good :rollside:
Don't you have to start packing for an out-of-state trip here in the near future ??!!?? :messedup: :D
Just giving you a hard time... If you don't want to put your boat in the salt I can understand, but it is a lot of fun.
And yes, I'm packing now, and leave for AZ tomorrow morning....

INSman
10-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Just giving you a hard time... If you don't want to put your boat in the salt I can understand, but it is a lot of fun.
And yes, I'm packing now, and leave for AZ tomorrow morning....
Does this mean we will be seeing more of you in Havasu ??
Hope the move/opportunity serves you well. :cool:

RiverDave
10-10-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm not one to lecture or be a safety Nazi, but if your doing shit like that don't ya think at a minimum there oughta be some life jackets on?
I can't tell from the pic, but it doesn't look like anyones wearing one?
RD

Steamin' Rice
10-10-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm not one to lecture or be a safety Nazi, but if your doing shit like that don't ya think at a minimum there oughta be some life jackets on?
I can't tell from the pic, but it doesn't look like anyones wearing one?
RD
That's always a good idea... At the drivers meeting before the run we reminded everyone to be safe and think about what they were doing. We also suggested that people wear their life jackets and kill switch lanyards.
I wore my lifeline when I ran my boat, and I would say that at least 75% of the participants also were wearing life jackets.

Dawn Patrol
10-10-2006, 10:36 AM
I actually find that it is easier to clean my boat after the ocean than at Havasu. Once I am done with a weekend at Havasu, it takes me 2 to 3 hours trying to clean all the waterspots off my boat. After the ocean, I dont have water spots. I can clean my boat in about 45 minutes after an ocean run.