PDA

View Full Version : USC by the hair of thier chinny chin chin!!

Not So Fast
10-07-2006, 03:08 PM
They win but do look vulnerable. One thing that stands out after watching lots of college games this year is that the review process AND the officiating stink. Every game has had just awful calls and then even with replay they screw it up!! :idea: And Auburn loses, ouch. NSF

THOR
10-07-2006, 03:16 PM
A win is a win. It doesnt matter.

THOR
10-07-2006, 03:18 PM
They win but do look vulnerable. One thing that stands out after watching lots of college games this year is that the review process AND the officiating stink. Every game has had just awful calls and then even with replay they screw it up!! :idea: And Auburn loses, ouch. NSF
AU got muscled around all day from what I heard.

Not So Fast
10-07-2006, 05:12 PM
You are right of course but thats two weeks in a row that with one play going the other way it would spell loss. But the phrase "only in hand grenades" rings true, A win is a win period, I seem to remember a sort of close game last year against the Dome'ers but all is forgotten now. NSF

Desert Rat
10-07-2006, 07:54 PM
You are right of course but thats two weeks in a row that with one play going the other way it would spell loss. But the phrase "only in hand grenades" rings true, A win is a win period, I seem to remember a sort of close game last year against the Dome'ers but all is forgotten now. NSF
Nope, I haven't forgotten it but was a win and all but the die hard Domers will forget it as will the SC fans... This year and look forward to next!! Agree on the Zebra's. Same with the NFL. Can't believe how many they seem to get wrong even with the replay???

Not So Fast
10-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Nope, I haven't forgotten it but was a win and all but the die hard Domers will forget it as will the SC fans... This year and look forward to next!! Agree on the Zebra's. Same with the NFL. Can't believe how many they seem to get wrong even with the replay???
I couldnt believe it when I saw one (of many) of the play reveiws and it was as obvious as hell, no question they blew the call but the guy says "nope we got it right, play stands, the announcers even made the statement that this was not working AND taking too long.
I think Ohio State looks heads and shoulders above everybody this year but we will see. GO BOLTZ :D NSF

THOR
10-08-2006, 07:18 AM
11-0 with all close wins may get you a shot at the ring. But, Florida and Michigan just took your spot I think. USC will be lucky to stay in the top 4 IMO.

Not So Fast
10-08-2006, 07:39 AM
11-0 with all close wins may get you a shot at the ring. But, Florida and Michigan just took your spot I think. USC will be lucky to stay in the top 4 IMO.
Not a big time fan of SC Thor, but I do like to see winners and ya gotta admit that they have been winning a lot of games and have a nice home streak going. I agree with your rakings prediction though. The SC-UCLA game will be something this year. Was that officiating crew bad or what, seems to me to be getting worse with every game I watch. The roughing the QB call on SC was horrific, QB decides to lay down while running the ball and the defender following him trips over him and they call roughing, JEEZE, it's football, and that call just about turned the game :rolleyes: NSF

Havasu_Dreamin
10-08-2006, 08:00 AM
The SC-UCLA game will be something this year. Was that officiating crew bad or what, seems to me to be getting worse with every game I watch. The roughing the QB call on SC was horrific, QB decides to lay down while running the ball and the defender following him trips over him and they call roughing, JEEZE, it's football, and that call just about turned the game :rolleyes: NSF
Unless the UCLA offense gets going the game will just be closer if the UCLA defense continues to play as well as they have. Have to be able to score and play 4 qtrs of football. The officiating in the PAC-10 has been horrible for years and is known nationally to suck a$$! :yuk:
HD = UCLA season ticket holder

USCFAN
10-08-2006, 08:04 AM
I will agree SC must improve if they want any shot at remaining undefeated. It doesn't help though when the zebra's are blowing calls that give the other team momentum.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-08-2006, 08:05 AM
I will agree SC must improve if they want any shot at remaining undefeated. It doesn't help though when the zebra's are blowing calls that give the other team momentum.
Cal and Oregon are looking pretty large right now I would think.....

USCFAN
10-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Cal and Oregon are looking pretty large right now I would think.....
At the beginning of the season people counted those Pac-10 games as wins, I never bought into that theory. Whenever those teams face SC, all records go out the window. It will definetly be interesting.

SCUBA STEVE
10-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Remember SC doesnt have that "play maker" any more. A few years ago Mike Williams was killing everyone, then of course Bush & White came and tore it up. Now their two star receivers are hurt, their running game is average and Booty in my opinion is forcing some throws. Their Defense is a little better then last year. They need to improve on penalties. 2 holding calls cost them 14 points yesterday. :mad:

bignet
10-08-2006, 08:36 AM
I couldnt believe it when I saw one (of many) of the play reveiws and it was as obvious as hell, no question they blew the call but the guy says "nope we got it right, play stands, the announcers even made the statement that this was not working AND taking too long.
I think Ohio State looks heads and shoulders above everybody this year but we will see. GO BOLTZ :D NSF
I can't agree with that GO BOLTS stuff... :p But I do agree with the lousy calls the PAC 10 officials are becoming notorious for. I was at the game and it was f*ckin amazing how bad those officials were...Hopefully, there won't be any PAC10 officials in the BCS Championship game when we play Ohio State!!
Oh yeah....A win is a win! Our ranking is for us to lose, not the AP press or Coache's Poll.
FIGHT ON !
:crossx:

THOR
10-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Our ranking is for us to lose, not the AP press or Coache's Poll.
You mean like Auburn? :rolleyes:

SCUBA STEVE
10-08-2006, 10:02 AM
You mean like Auburn? :rolleyes:
I want a USC vs Auburn bowl game!!!! :p

THOR
10-08-2006, 10:21 AM
I want a USC vs Auburn bowl game!!!! :p
Wont happen. Why you ask? Cuz Auburn now has to run the table beating Georgia and also a red hot Florida. Sorry Steve but we wont get to see that. You could very well see USC Tenn though cuz I honestly think Tenn might win one side of the SEC.

Not So Fast
10-08-2006, 10:33 AM
At the beginning of the season people counted those Pac-10 games as wins, I never bought into that theory. Whenever those teams face SC, all records go out the window. It will definetly be interesting.
I get so tired of the attitude that the Pac 10 isnt as good as the SEC, The Big 10, etc. I think we have done pretty well against other conferences and until they line up against one another and play the game "STFU". We all know that whoever plays USC brings they're "A" game because they have been very good for so long now and most teams play above their head when playing SC. I hope we do meet Ohio St. but there is a lot of football left to play, we'll see. GO BOLTZ NSF

USCFAN
10-08-2006, 10:40 AM
I can't agree with that GO BOLTS stuff... :p But I do agree with the lousy calls the PAC 10 officials are becoming notorious for. I was at the game and it was f*ckin amazing how bad those officials were...Hopefully, there won't be any PAC10 officials in the BCS Championship game when we play Ohio State!!
Oh yeah....A win is a win! Our ranking is for us to lose, not the AP press or Coache's Poll.
FIGHT ON !
Hey Bignet, How did you score those seats yesterday? That was a nice upgrade..

unleashed
10-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Im not a big USC fan but they have a tough schedule this year. They dominated a good Arkansas team...a pretty good Nebraska team...and Washington isnt all that bad now that they are grasping Willinghams system. If they win out they deserve to be in the national championship game. In my opinion though Cal looks like they have woken up and may take the pac 10. My bruins...well they have lost there offense...it figures just when they find there defense! :rolleyes:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

bignet
10-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Hey Bignet, How did you score those seats yesterday? That was a nice upgrade..
Man, that was my partner Sergio who hooked that up....He went on Stubhub and found them. And the best part is, we paid face value!!! That was a score. Sorry, we missed you at the game partner...we'll hook up next Sat for sure. We're having a HUGE tailgate party.
Any SC fans in town next Sat, should come by!
FIGHT ON!
bignet

USCFAN
10-09-2006, 07:54 AM
I will be there with my crew. I will definetly give you a call sometime this week.
FIGHT ON !

SCUBA STEVE
10-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Wont happen. Why you ask? Cuz Auburn now has to run the table beating Georgia and also a red hot Florida. Sorry Steve but we wont get to see that. You could very well see USC Tenn though cuz I honestly think Tenn might win one side of the SEC.
You never know and the N/C game will be in my back yard! :)

GAME TIME
10-09-2006, 11:57 AM
True, a win is a win but it DOES matter. Look at the rankiings now. SC was 2 last week now they are 3.

One Particular Harbor
10-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Unless the UCLA offense gets going the game will just be closer if the UCLA defense continues to play as well as they have. Have to be able to score and play 4 qtrs of football.
Couldn't agree more. USC defense looks even better than last year and the vaunted UCLA offense struggled last year against Southern Cal (though our defense was truly horrible). Unless we can find a way to put more points on the board, we're going to struggle in the Pac 10 and especially against the 'SC defense.
Really pleased with the way the UCLA defense is playing thus far, but were going to have to put it together on both sides of the ball to compete with 'SC.
We're season ticket holders, too. Always look forward to the 'SC game, but its been a tough decade for the Bruins thus far.
OPH