PDA

View Full Version : Arnold

SHOTKALLIN
10-09-2006, 09:50 AM
so what do you think about his comments towards Mexicans? He said they are trying to stay Mexican instead of becoming American.
Any truth in it? Not politically correct but I think the world needs its feathers ruffled from time to time.

Hardly Satisfied
10-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Arnold SUCKS

wsuwrhr
10-09-2006, 09:53 AM
so what do you think about his comments towards Mexicans? He said they are trying to stay Mexican instead of becoming American. Any truth in it? Not politically correct but I think the world needs its feathers ruffled from time to time.
I think it is true. He himself is an immigrant.
Political correctness continues to undermine this country.
At least he TRIES to speak english in Kalifornia.
Brian

RitcheyRch
10-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Might be some truth to it. I think he was talking about the illegal Mexicans and not the ones born and raised in the US.
so what do you think about his comments towards Mexicans? He said they are trying to stay Mexican instead of becoming American.
Any truth in it? Not politically correct but I think the world needs its feathers ruffled from time to time.

jbtrailerjim
10-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I think his comments regarding Mexicans was right on. Most of the border jumpers put out no effort to learn english or to assimilate.

Trailer Park Casanova
10-09-2006, 10:06 AM
He's got balls for saying it in this era.

Jyruiz
10-09-2006, 10:08 AM
I don't think he said anything wrong.

stoker
10-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Its going to get to the point that when you say "Mexican", people will call you a racist.

ratso
10-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Its going to get to the point that when you say "Mexican", people will call you a racist.
...ain't that the truth. :yuk:

SHOTKALLIN
10-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Oreily debated a Mexican community leader from Santa Ana the other day. That guy was spinning like a top. He said the Minute men are the modern day KKK and they teach Hate. I could not believe it.

SHOTKALLIN
10-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Arnold SUCKS
I take it you are voting for Angilides?

GAME TIME
10-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Oreily debated a Mexican community leader from Santa Ana the other day. That guy was spinning like a top. He said the Minute men are the modern day KKK and they teach Hate. I could not believe it.
Hannity & Colmes had two student girls from the protest at Columbia University last week and BOTH guys were making the girls look stupid. They were saying the same thing as the guy from Santa Ana. It was great seeing them in such an uproar as the guys were just calm and making their points. :crossx:

Rexone
10-09-2006, 11:57 AM
I don't understand all the drama. These (Mexicans in this case) people are entering the US illegally when we have a legal avenue for immigration. They are breaking US law in doing so (knowingly). What part of illegal to all these spin doctors not understand? They are lawbreakers, it's as simple as that. If a US citizen entered Mexico in a similar manner illegally they'd be thrown in jail. Mexico also is tough on illegal immigration on their southern border. So these spin doctors are just ignoring this double standard out of the Mexican gov.
If they want to come and work in the US make an effort to go through the legal immigration channel like thousands from other countries have historically done. Don't cheat the system and freeload off the US, not learn English, etc. etc., and try to make the US a subsidiary of Mexico, basically living here as a Mexican (illegally) and not an American, having anchor babies here (again to cheat the system) etc. and not paying their own way as all other US citizens do (with the exception of welfare, which is a whole nother topic).
Arnold was right on imo. I hope he takes a tougher stance than he has thus far after the election on this issue of immigration. He immigrated here legally so he's the perfect guy to drive this home to the spin doctors who support the illigal immigrant movement and their presence here in the U.S.
I'm out, gotta go find my blood pressure meds now. :mad:

little rowe boat
10-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Arnold SUCKS
I could not agree more.

SHOTKALLIN
10-09-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't understand all the drama. These (Mexicans in this case) people are entering the US illegally when we have a legal avenue for immigration. They are breaking US law in doing so (knowingly). What part of illegal to all these spin doctors not understand? They are lawbreakers, it's as simple as that. If a US citizen entered Mexico in a similar manner illegally they'd be thrown in jail. Mexico also is tough on illegal immigration on their southern border. So these spin doctors are just ignoring this double standard out of the Mexican gov.
If they want to come and work in the US make an effort to go through the legal immigration channel like thousands from other countries have historically done. Don't cheat the system and freeload off the US, not learn English, etc. etc., and try to make the US a subsidiary of Mexico, basically living here as a Mexican (illegally) and not an American, having anchor babies here (again to cheat the system) etc. and not paying their own way as all other US citizens do (with the exception of welfare, which is a whole nother topic).
Arnold was right on imo. I hope he takes a tougher stance than he has thus far after the election on this issue of immigration. He immigrated here legally so he's the perfect guy to drive this home to the spin doctors who support the illigal immigrant movement and their presence here in the U.S.
can any mexican in mexico apply for U.S. imigration? If so how long does it take? Just trying to figure out why so few mexicans do it legally.

SHOTKALLIN
10-09-2006, 12:21 PM
I could not agree more.
that two for Angilides. :D

Jyruiz
10-09-2006, 12:22 PM
He is going to need them. :)

Rexone
10-09-2006, 02:53 PM
can any mexican in mexico apply for U.S. imigration? If so how long does it take? Just trying to figure out why so few mexicans do it legally.
Go to the US immigration site and it spells it out. It isn't easy and takes time, years sometimes, requires them to learn English etc. Regardless if any Mexican can apply it is U.S. law, period.
Easier just to walk in. That's why they do it.
I wonder how all the thousands of immigrants who went through the legal process and waited years to live in the U.S. feel about the illegals. I know if I was one I'd be pissed.
Hell I'm already pissed. :)
They don't allow it in their country. 700 miles of fence is a start. But it will prolly never even be built because of the weak suck politicians we've elected.
More important than the influx of illegal workers is the open door for terrorists who pose as Mexicans (or not) many learn spanish to blend in. We are gonna be focked in a big way over this open border shit. BOOM in our cities... it's only a matter of when, not if... imo. The terriorists coming in don't have much interest in picking lettuce. The politicians are so worried about being PC they're placing the entire country at risk on this issue.

YeLLowBoaT
10-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Go to the US immigration site and it spells it out. It isn't easy and takes time, years sometimes, requires them to learn English etc. Regardless if any Mexican can apply it is U.S. law, period.
Easier just to walk in. That's why they do it.
I wonder how all the thousands of immigrants who went through the legal process and waited years to live in the U.S. feel about the illegals. I know if I was one I'd be pissed.
I have a very good friend that spent 18 years b4 he could be come a cit( got lots of visas), he hates them more then anyone else I know.
he hates them so much that he has the INS number on his cell phone and calls at every one he sees on the corner looking for "work".

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Phil Angelides is a moron.....
Go Arnold !!!!
Later,
CJG
:cool:

little rowe boat
10-09-2006, 03:11 PM
I did not say I was voting for Angelides, but I am definately NOT voting for Arnold.
I am really looking forward to 4 years of battling that moron.

Rexone
10-09-2006, 03:16 PM
I did not say I was voting for Angelides, but I am definately NOT voting for Arnold.
I am really looking forward to 4 years of battling that moron.
So who you got that's better (that has any chance of winning)? Just curious.

Caribbean Jet
10-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Arnold SUCKS
Arnold may suck, but the other options sucks even more.

RitcheyRch
10-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Well said and agree with you 100%

little rowe boat
10-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Arnold may suck, but the other options sucks even more.
Not for firefighters, police officers, teachers and nurses.

little rowe boat
10-09-2006, 04:41 PM
So who you got that's better (that has any chance of winning)? Just curious.
:confused: Believe me this is a very difficult election for me.

SoCalOffshore
10-09-2006, 04:44 PM
if angelides won, that would reason enough too leave this state. are we not taxed enough?

voodoomedman
10-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Gotta love the TV propaganda. I will not speak for any of the other three listed year but my wife is a Nurse here in the State of California and does just fine without any Union involvement and regardless of what the ads on TV say. Most days I wish I had her job.

little rowe boat
10-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Gotta love the TV propaganda. I will not speak for any of the other three listed year but my wife is a Nurse here in the State of California and does just fine without any Union involvement and regardless of what the ads on TV say. Most days I wish I had her job.
Good for your wife, I don't want Arnold to have another shot at my retirement, and take away more workers comp benefits.

Desert Rat
10-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Know a local nurse that is pulling down some very good $$ and full benefits by working TWO scheduled days and OT for her third. Not saying the job isn't hard and not without the problems but where is the line!! Prison guards makes some serious $$ on all the OT they want too. Arnold tries to real it in a little and he is all of a sudden against ALL the working people....... I don't but it. I'll be voting for the Governator thats for sure!!!

lawbreaker2
10-09-2006, 04:59 PM
You Know, If I don't pay my taxes, the gov. will toss me out of my house and they won't care,so why should we care about them. :mad:

Desert Rat
10-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Good for your wife, I don't want Arnold to have another shot at my retirement, and take away more workers comp benefits.
Caifornia has one of the highest workers comp's and pays out some of the worst benefits.... Chaulk it up to the friggin trial lawyers :mad: To many LOADS mooch off the system... My wife is in HR and her company is nation wide, all the classes she attends state California is the worst on costs out and fraud!!! :yuk:

scooooter7
10-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Know a local nurse that is pulling down some very good $$ and full benefits by working TWO scheduled days and OT for her third. Not saying the job isn't hard and not without the problems but where is the line!! Prison guards makes some serious $$ on all the OT they want too. Arnold tries to real it in a little and he is all of a sudden against ALL the working people....... I don't but it. I'll be voting for the Governator thats for sure!!!
Question, what is the nurse friend working, 40 hours in 2 days?? The governator has NO control on the nurses contracts, He tried that remember? That is negotiated between the nurses and the hospitals. Or would you rather the Doctors get all the $$? for only a few hours worked?? Or would you rather... Sorry, there is no real answer. Medical costs are over the TOP!! Insurance companies can go to the grave for all I care, that's where the real $$$$ is scamming us all. And Arnold cannot control them at all.

voodoomedman
10-09-2006, 05:12 PM
I understand where your coming from and I do have my opinions but I'm not going to get into a war. Like I said I was not speaking for the other three groups. I have first hand knowledge of the Nurse group and the commercials with them drives me nuts. You want to drive down Nurse to patient ratios. Quit letting the hospitals being free primary healthcare for illegals. There are things that make the job tough but they are compensated well for it.

scooooter7
10-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Caifornia has one of the highest workers comp's and pays out some of the worst benefits.... Chaulk it up to the friggin trial lawyers :mad: To many LOADS mooch off the system... My wife is in HR and her company is nation wide, all the classes she attends state California is the worst on costs out and fraud!!! :yuk:
Insurance companies are out of control. They continue to show double digit profit with NO restrictions in the WC system. "Costs out" are the insurance companies. All Arnolds "new" laws did Nothing to control the insurance carriers...he has sold out to them to win another election.

little rowe boat
10-09-2006, 06:08 PM
I agree about the trial lawyers. Arnolds answer is to take away benefits from people that actually get hurt on the job. Cancer use to be presumptive for a firefighter. Not anymore, now we have to prove when and where we could have been involved in an incident that could have caused the cancer. Come on I have been on more incidents than I can even remember and to have to pin point one would be impossible.

SHOTKALLIN
10-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Don't hate the player hate the game. You could have been a nurse or a corrections officer. How old are you? you may still have time. THESE ARE TWO OF THE TUFFEST JOBS IN THE STATE WITH THE MOST RISK TO THE EMPLOYEE. IF THEY GET RICH CONGRADULATIONS TO THEM. You may be in the hospital someday. Better yet you could be the victim of one of those incarcerated animals. Hopefully not but the workers that you think don't deserve the $$$ live are at risk daily.
Why is there a need to draw a line? If I am willing to work the overtime shouldn't I get paid for it? Is it the Corrections Officers fault that there is not enough staffing?

Hardly Satisfied
10-10-2006, 08:26 AM
I take it you are voting for Angilides?
No for Arnold or Angilides

Sleek-Jet
10-10-2006, 08:43 AM
I got yelled at on the phone this morning (in spanish) for not speaking the language... I know enough to know what all the good swear words are... :rolleyes: and I heard a few...
pisses me off... I am just waiting for the decree to come down that we have to learn mexican (it ain't spanish these fockers speak down here, I know that for sure) to work at this company.
I'm voting for a non-dyke for Gov. here in AZ...

Desert Rat
10-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Don't hate the player hate the game. You could have been a nurse or a corrections officer. How old are you? you may still have time. THESE ARE TWO OF THE TUFFEST JOBS IN THE STATE WITH THE MOST RISK TO THE EMPLOYEE. IF THEY GET RICH CONGRADULATIONS TO THEM. You may be in the hospital someday. Better yet you could be the victim of one of those incarcerated animals. Hopefully not but the workers that you think don't deserve the $$$ live are at risk daily.
Why is there a need to draw a line? If I am willing to work the overtime shouldn't I get paid for it? Is it the Corrections Officers fault that there is not enough staffing?
Very happy with my job thanks. I just find it difficult to understand how somebody works two 12 hour shifts gets full benefits and the rest are OT?? Most of us need to work 40 before OT kicks in. I agree that it's a pretty sweet deal. It sure does help contribute to higher insurance rates along with outragious doctors fees. You talk about deserving $$ payed, I personally don't put a dollar amount on professionalism but do believe in just compesation. I don't think Arnold IMO was trying do anything less then attempting to put cap on it, the state is after all in the RED and the Democrats won't stop spending!. ust my .02

dirty old man
10-10-2006, 11:36 AM
my sample ballot didn't have "NON OF THE ABOVE"

BajaMike
10-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Sounds like you believe in all the lying commercials on TV..... :cry:
:mad:

Rexone
10-10-2006, 11:44 AM
the state is after all in the RED and the Democrats won't stop spending!. ust my .02
Key words right there.
Arnold can only control so much, and sometimes it's not much.

BajaMike
10-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Insurance companies are out of control. They continue to show double digit profit with NO restrictions in the WC system. "Costs out" are the insurance companies. All Arnolds "new" laws did Nothing to control the insurance carriers...he has sold out to them to win another election.
Health insurance costs are one of the best bargains in America.....most people spend more on cable TV, Internet and cell phones then they spend on health care. :idea:
And profits are good for the country and for our people......profits don't go to "corporations", they go to stockholders (like you and me) and to all of our retirement funds. And what's wrong with "double digit profits"??? A 10% return on investment should be illegal??? Move to Cuba, health care is free there! :yuk:

little rowe boat
10-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Sounds like you believe in all the lying commercials on TV..... :cry:
:mad:
I believe because I am one of them and have the most to lose. Some of you don't care because Arnold isn't attacking YOUR retirements or workers comp benefits. It's easy to disregard us until you need us.

BajaMike
10-10-2006, 12:35 PM
I believe because I am one of them and have the most to lose. Some of you don't care because Arnold isn't attacking YOUR retirements or workers comp benefits. It's easy to disregard us until you need us.
Probably because most of us don't recieve workers comp benefits, we pay the premiums..... :argue:
:rollside:

little rowe boat
10-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Probably because most of us don't recieve workers comp benefits, we pay the premiums..... :argue:
:rollside:
I don't know what you do, but if you get hurt on the job, you will receive workers comp.
We all pay the premiums.

SHOTKALLIN
10-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Very happy with my job thanks. I just find it difficult to understand how somebody works two 12 hour shifts gets full benefits and the rest are OT?? Most of us need to work 40 before OT kicks in. I agree that it's a pretty sweet deal. It sure does help contribute to higher insurance rates along with outragious doctors fees. You talk about deserving $$ payed, I personally don't put a dollar amount on professionalism but do believe in just compesation. I don't think Arnold IMO was trying do anything less then attempting to put cap on it, the state is after all in the RED and the Democrats won't stop spending!. ust my .02
Nurses and Corrections Officers as well as Police Officers and Firefighters all work week ends, nights, and holidays. There is no guarantee that you will get the right days off. We miss our kids football games etc. Days off often rotate and every 6 months you get the weekend or half the week end off. This was my experience at L.A. County anyway. My wife is a nurse and she works a weekend contract. She gets a weekend off once or twice a year. Yes her 3rd shift is O.T. The hospitals have staffing problems. Its not my wifes fault she's a hard worker. SHE EVEN WORKS WEEKENDS. :D She didn't make the rules she just plays by them. Until they hire enough nurse things will be this way. Hate the game not the player. You should actually salute the players. Without them we would be in a world of hurt.

CA Stu
10-21-2006, 10:09 AM
That's not fair, man.
I support Arnold, and I definitely don't support shortchanging public employees, or anyone else for that matter.
The fact is, public employees have a great gig, and if they doubt it, should leave the state's employ and come on over to the private sector and see how the other half lives. They would change their tune in a hot second.
Thanks
CA Stu

SmokinLowriderSS
10-21-2006, 01:04 PM
From an August 2002 report (no, it isn't new, but I seriously doubt the figures have changed drastically.
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/shared/aboutus/statistics/IMM2001.pdf
LEGAL immigration:
In 2001, as in 2000, the leading country of
origin for legal immigrants was Mexico
(206,426). India (70,290) replaced the
People’s Republic of China (56,426) as the
second leading sending country, followed by
the Philippines (53,154) and Vietnam
(35,531) (see Table 2). These five countries
represented 40 percent of all immigrants in
The primary destination states for legal
immigrants in 2001, as in every year since
1971, were California (282,957), New York
(114,116), Florida (104,715), Texas (86,315),
New Jersey (59,920), and Illinois (48,296).
These six states accounted for 65 percent of
all legal immigrants in 2001.
There are two basic administrative paths open to
aliens wishing to become lawful permanent residents
depending on their residence at the time of
application.
Aliens living abroad apply for an
immigrant visa at a consular office of the Department
of State. Once issued a visa, they may apply for
admission to the United States. They are granted
lawful permanent residence at the time they pass
through the port of entry.
Aliens already living in the
United States, including certain undocumented
immigrants, temporary workers, foreign students, and
refugees, become legal immigrants by filing an
application with the INS for adjustment of status to
lawful permanent residence. Adjustment of status
applicants are granted lawful permanent residence at
the time their applications are approved. New legal
immigrants are automatically authorized to work.
They receive permanent resident cards (“green
cards”) soon after becoming lawful permanent
residents.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Then you should be the one double and tripple-checking what the union tells you, not buying a single thing on face value.
The union has 1 single priority, THE PERPETUATION OF THE UNION, nothing else. They long ago stopped being in it "for the worker". If you think they are, one of these years you are going to get a nasty wake-up.
I just spent a month PAYING ATTENTION to the "information" spewed by my own union, in my aircraft plant, prior to and durring labor contract negotiations.
The union's version:
They are replacing your HMO plan with a POS (point of service) plan, costing you 2x as much (I was paying $140 a month, would cost $266).
This made little sense as I ran the numbers all over and demanded to know why the company would change to a more expensive insurance, which was MORE EXPENSIVE FOR THEM as well as me (company share of the premium went up $150 per month per person)
The truth:
Sure, the POS plan was ADDED to the contract, as an option, but my HMO plan, went up, from $140 to $200, no change in my premium %. Took me 10 min of ripping a steward over mis-information to get him to reveal the HMO plan cost was going up too, 3 days before the contract vote.
Straight from the plant chairman's throat one day:
"The company wants to take away your pension plan!"
The truth:
The company stopped offering pension access TO NEW HIRES! To me, there is an IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE there. I will bet they offer better 401K to those new-hires soon than I get.
From the Union:
The company wants to break your seniority if you get a written DA (disciplinary action).
The truth:
The contract reads 2 DA's active to break your seniority, and any DA ONLY LASTS 6 MONTHS (always been this way). Then you can have it pulled from your file. It's under "employee in good atanding".
From the union:
The company wants to give "Super Seniority" to leads, really anyone they decide they want to.
The reality:
Super-Seniority is in the contract, for the following 3 ELECTED UNION POSITIONS:
Plant Charman
Assistant Plant Chairman
Negotiating Committee members.
Been this way for 3 decades or so.
Also, per EEO regs, disabled employees are also "supered" above the rest of us.
Basically the union, spent 4 weeks, LYING TO THEIR MEMBERS, baldfaced lying by such a serious misrepresentation of facts.
Add to that the contract changes were delivered to us on FRIDAY, UNDER 24 HOURS BEFORE THE VOTE, while about 2/3 of the plant took at least 1/2 the day off, including damn near every union steward (including the ones in my dept and the ajacent dept).
The union suddenly endorsed it whole-heartedly, last minuite.
80% of the membership that voted rejected a pretty good contract, about 1/3 of those are still on strike 3 weeks later, MAYBE 1/2.
I figure at least 1/3 of the 80% didn't understand what they voted against. That Friday at least 1 member (who either cannot read or is just stupid) was in the union ofice, raising hell right after lunch, over the super seniority, which SHE DIDN'T LIKE, BUT DIDN'T UNDERSTAND!! I was explaining the super-seniority part to people in MY dept.

Kilrtoy
10-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Prison guards makes some serious $$ on all the OT they want too. Arnold tries to real it in a little and he is all of a sudden against ALL the working people....... I don't but it. I'll be voting for the Governator thats for sure!!!
What not trying
WALKING THE LINE for 1 day if you could even cut it....
I know sure as hell I would never do that.
So pay them and pay them well :rolleyes:

Trailer Park Casanova
10-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I have several very sharp Mexicans working for me. Warm hearted, generous teriffic people.
Complicated controls, instruments,, cooling systems, design, install, maintain, troubleshoot very difficult problems, these guys are the best.
Trouble is, they only speak english at work, and no one can understand them because they'll never loose the strong accent.
A few Phillipino friends as well. Very hard to understand.
It's not just the Mexicans.
Me and Hells Angel Steve & H.A. Dave seem like the last 3 english speaking white guys working for the LADWP.
The scary thing are all the Iranians involved with water treatment.
Ya only need one Karen Silkwood with an attitude.
Security of the water system is a HUGE BFD. It's very vunerable.
A brutal, complicated set of passwords to get into any system.

BoatFloating
10-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Another brain washed union person.... Funny when I was in the union they used my dues to back and support who ever the Democrat was didn't matter if I agreed. Unions suck IMO.

wolfie
10-21-2006, 03:07 PM
I have four friends that both migrated from South America legally. Two from Mexico and two from Venezuela. It just take effort just like it does from any other country. The requirements are that you must be bringing something to the country, like an education or a special skill, or must be running from persecution. Most coming here illegally are uneducated and only bringing their ability to work and/or running from poverty.

wolfie
10-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Another brain washed union person.... Funny when I was in the union they used my dues to back and support who ever the Democrat was didn't matter if I agreed. Unions suck IMO.
Speaking of dues and brainwashed union personel, a union in So. Cal. had a little diversionary problem with funds but didn't want it reported because they didn't want the Gov't. to see their books. Too many "extra" expenditures???? The membership would rather hide the fact that some of the union reps were embezzling money ( new air-conditioners and decks built for their homes ect.)
than to take care of the problem. In fact I heard some member saying that they shouldn't even be removed from office because they thought that they had done them a solid in the past. Talk about blindly following. It's worse than some of these overzealous religious morons.

CBadDad
10-22-2006, 03:19 PM
I support Arnold, and I definitely don't support shortchanging public employees, or anyone else for that matter.
The fact is, public employees have a great gig, and if they doubt it, should leave the state's employ and come on over to the private sector and see how the other half lives. They would change their tune in a hot second.
Thanks
CA Stu
Are you kidding me? Both of my brothers are high school drop outs and make three times as much as I do...and I have a college degree. Gimme a freaking break. You watch T.V. and think you know what we do, but you have no clue. We do what we do because we care. It's in our nature (sometimes it's a curse), but none of us are gonna live in the big house on top of the hill with an ocean view solely based on our jobs/incomes. Many of us have two jobs, or like others have said work a tremendous amount of overtime, just to make ends meet.
I'm not a big fan of our union. Shit, I have taken two 5% pay cuts over the last two years, because our city is upside down financially (that's $350/bi weekly less than I made in '03 - you do the math). There are many reasons for that, but we are overwhelmingly Republican. Arnold is a lying stealing cheat that will say or do anything to get re-elected (not uncommon for a politician) but there is no way I'd ever vote for him.
There was an unauthorized biography written about him in the early '90's, you should read it. They predicted he would be a congressman by now. What a piece of work.
If you are not with us, then you are against us!

scooooter7
10-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Health insurance costs are one of the best bargains in America.....most people spend more on cable TV, Internet and cell phones then they spend on health care. :idea:
And profits are good for the country and for our people......profits don't go to "corporations", they go to stockholders (like you and me) and to all of our retirement funds. And what's wrong with "double digit profits"??? A 10% return on investment should be illegal??? Move to Cuba, health care is free there! :yuk:
Since you and most people pay the Worker's Comp premiums, then I would think that more people would have been against most of Arnold's changes in the law recently. Why?? Because nowhere in those changes that regulated the amount of care, who they can see, reduced permanent disabilty schedules, what the doctors charge, etc. for an injured worker, was there any regulations for the WC INSURANCE carriers. They are the ones you and other people pay the premiums to. They are the ones who are reaming you and the other people that pay WC premiums. They went from a mere 10% profit to an almost 40% profit before lowering those permiums even a little bit.
Or we could just go back to the old way, you know before "the geat deal" that brought about worker's compensation. You know...when the employers were shouting that they had to be protected from those evil trial lawyers that were making them pay out attornies' fees when a worker had a small injury like his arm cut off or something. A worker was lucky if the employer even provided medical care in such a situation.
Worker's Compensation is there to protect the employer from excessive payouts, let's not forget that. An injured worker on the job has no choice (except where complete negligence can be proven) but to go thru the Worker's Comp system for treatment and care. It takes the Tort system out of the equation.
Back to Arnold...he sold out to the Insurance Co's to buy support and another election. You don't like taxes (who does?), but Arnold has cost you and me a lot more than people realize. I don't think California can afford another term with Arnold. :crossx:

Ultrafied
10-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Always FUD .... fear ... uncertainty .... doubt. Scare the voters into something. Why not let them read some of budgets .... the ongoing costs .... some of the requirements for state employees. Unfortunately, not many voters will read or understand. Arnold hasn't been the greatest, but definitely not the worst. Not the worst by a long shot. His biggest mistake has been taking on the public employees, and for that we will all pay..... just MHO> :D
As far as the the thread goes, America has become too politically correct. I have a difficult time believing that our forefathers ever meant some of the political correctness that we have to deal with now. Instead of greatness, we have to settle for mediocrity so as not to offend anyone. POS IMHO....

CA Stu
10-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Are you kidding me? Both of my brothers are high school drop outs and make three times as much as I do...and I have a college degree. Gimme a freaking break. You watch T.V. and think you know what we do, but you have no clue. We do what we do because we care. It's in our nature (sometimes it's a curse), but none of us are gonna live in the big house on top of the hill with an ocean view solely based on our jobs/incomes. Many of us have two jobs, or like others have said work a tremendous amount of overtime, just to make ends meet.
I'm not a big fan of our union. Shit, I have taken two 5% pay cuts over the last two years, because our city is upside down financially (that's $350/bi weekly less than I made in '03 - you do the math). There are many reasons for that, but we are overwhelmingly Republican. Arnold is a lying stealing cheat that will say or do anything to get re-elected (not uncommon for a politician) but there is no way I'd ever vote for him.
There was an unauthorized biography written about him in the early '90's, you should read it. They predicted he would be a congressman by now. What a piece of work.
If you are not with us, then you are against us!
Ninja, please.
You presume "I watch TV and think I know what you do" GMAFB.
You don't know the first thing about me or what I know.
Your profile says you're divorced with 3 kids, you have a Porsche as your avatar (I presume yours), you live in Carlsbad and you're whining about "not living in a big house on top of the hill with an ocean view"?
Assuming you are telling the exact truth about pay cuts and such, you are making $90k+ a year with a nice pension plan and good health care and you're whining about it?
How many of us in the private sector have your job security? Your pension? Your health care? Your mythical "house on the hill"?
Most firemen I know run a business on the side, have a great life, plenty of free time, are happy people, and seem to be an overall great bunch of guys.
I sure ain't against you, but I sure can't get behind your "I deserve a big house on a hill but have to work for low (90k+ yr, retirement, & bennies) wages because of my nature" propaganda.
Good grief man, do you read what you type? Do you believe it?
Thanks
CA Stu

scooooter7
10-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Then you should be the one double and tripple-checking what the union tells you, not buying a single thing on face value.
The union has 1 single priority, THE PERPETUATION OF THE UNION, nothing else. They long ago stopped being in it "for the worker". If you think they are, one of these years you are going to get a nasty wake-up.
I just spent a month PAYING ATTENTION to the "information" spewed by my own union, in my aircraft plant, prior to and durring labor contract negotiations.
The union's version:
They are replacing your HMO plan with a POS (point of service) plan, costing you 2x as much (I was paying $140 a month, would cost $266).
This made little sense as I ran the numbers all over and demanded to know why the company would change to a more expensive insurance, which was MORE EXPENSIVE FOR THEM as well as me (company share of the premium went up $150 per month per person)
The truth:
Sure, the POS plan was ADDED to the contract, as an option, but my HMO plan, went up, from $140 to $200, no change in my premium %. Took me 10 min of ripping a steward over mis-information to get him to reveal the HMO plan cost was going up too, 3 days before the contract vote.
Straight from the plant chairman's throat one day:
"The company wants to take away your pension plan!"
The truth:
The company stopped offering pension access TO NEW HIRES! To me, there is an IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE there. I will bet they offer better 401K to those new-hires soon than I get.
From the Union:
The company wants to break your seniority if you get a written DA (disciplinary action).
The truth:
The contract reads 2 DA's active to break your seniority, and any DA ONLY LASTS 6 MONTHS (always been this way). Then you can have it pulled from your file. It's under "employee in good atanding".
From the union:
The company wants to give "Super Seniority" to leads, really anyone they decide they want to.
The reality:
Super-Seniority is in the contract, for the following 3 ELECTED UNION POSITIONS:
Plant Charman
Assistant Plant Chairman
Negotiating Committee members.
Been this way for 3 decades or so.
Also, per EEO regs, disabled employees are also "supered" above the rest of us.
Basically the union, spent 4 weeks, LYING TO THEIR MEMBERS, baldfaced lying by such a serious misrepresentation of facts.
Add to that the contract changes were delivered to us on FRIDAY, UNDER 24 HOURS BEFORE THE VOTE, while about 2/3 of the plant took at least 1/2 the day off, including damn near every union steward (including the ones in my dept and the ajacent dept).
The union suddenly endorsed it whole-heartedly, last minuite.
80% of the membership that voted rejected a pretty good contract, about 1/3 of those are still on strike 3 weeks later, MAYBE 1/2.
I figure at least 1/3 of the 80% didn't understand what they voted against. That Friday at least 1 member (who either cannot read or is just stupid) was in the union ofice, raising hell right after lunch, over the super seniority, which SHE DIDN'T LIKE, BUT DIDN'T UNDERSTAND!! I was explaining the super-seniority part to people in MY dept.
Very nice post about union stuff. Problem I have understanding this is I thought the union was made up of the members. So I guess the union was lying to itself.
Or if you were the one raising heck to get to the facts, why weren't you on the negotiating committee?? Sometimes things happen in negotiations when proposals are tabled that neither side really knows what happened. It can work for you or against you. The end result is to make sure that you still have a job and the company can stay in business.
And I don't see how Arnold is good for anyone in California but himself.

SUI-CY-COLE
10-24-2006, 05:54 PM
he should of said..."lettuce pickers"