PDA

View Full Version : Mojave Questions....

Nordicflame
10-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Just looking for some info on MohaveÂ…
Coming down from Utah and we were headed down to Powell for several days but weather forecast are showing much more boatable weather for Mead and Mojave
WeÂ’ve never been to Mojave but have heard good things and are thinking about giving it a shot.
Questions areÂ…
Coming in from Searchlight quite late (1 a.m. or so) is there a parking lot that they donÂ’t mind if you pull in and crawl into the boat to sleep?
Is there decent boat camping (beaches, secluded, etcÂ…)?
Any places that should be monitored for shallowness?
Crowds for this time of year?
Do any locals have any wind predictions for the Thurs-Sunday span? Temps show mid 80's.
Should we just go to Echo? (1.5 hours closer)
Any other input is welcome?
Thanks,
Dave

voodoomedman
10-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Questions areÂ…
Coming in from Searchlight quite late (1 a.m. or so) is there a parking lot that they donÂ’t mind if you pull in and crawl into the boat to sleep? Someone else could expand but you shouldn't have any issues up at Cottonwood Cove.
Is there decent boat camping (beaches, secluded, etcÂ…)? Yes. Especially now that the crowds are gone. Even during mid summer it is quiet north of Cottonwood.
Any places that should be monitored for shallowness? Nope. Unless going up to Hoover dam maybe but that's closed off right now anyway.
Crowds for this time of year? Nope. Maybe congestion around Katherine Landing but sounds like your dropping in at Cottonwood.
Do any locals have any wind predictions for the Thurs-Sunday span? Temps show mid 80's. www.weather.com
Should we just go to Echo? (1.5 hours closer) Never been to Mead but if your talking about weather making it hard to boat then I would say your better off at Mohave.
Any other input is welcome? Make sure by 1 pm at the very latest that you are on whatever side of the basin you want to be on.

DILLIGAF
10-09-2006, 10:14 AM
I agree with what Voodoomedman said. I don't camp on the lake but there should be a lot of areas to camp on right now. The only thing I disagree with is that Katherines should not be that busy now. That being said I would probably drop in at Cottonwood and head North to camp though. The lake is very pretty up there. You can allso head South from Cottonwood if you wanted to, cross the basin and find a lot of camping areas. The North part is just much prettier than the South portion of the lake.

LuckyStrike
10-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Cottonwood Is a great place to Launch..Plenty of Great Sand Coves Directly South on the West Side Plus the run up to Willow Beach is Most Excellent.
Good food and Nice people.
I like it better then Havi :crossx:
TEAM LUCKY STRIKE 36 Concept