PDA

View Full Version : Monitor

phebus
01-18-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm thinking of mounting a monitor to the top of the hatch between the helm, and the front seats.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753Carrera_1204_001-med.jpg
What would be needed to make it work, and integrate with the boats stereo system?
Suggestions for monitors, and needed parts to make it work?

Cole Trickle
01-18-2006, 10:59 AM
It's official!!!
You have now gone stereo crazy.
Hurry and get a job before you spend all of your retirement fund!!!;) :crossx:

ROZ
01-18-2006, 11:28 AM
So it's going to be mounted on the top between the dash and the front seat backs or behind the little hatch door? LCD displays and direct sunlight do not go well together... you can get sunspots burned onto your screen..
What source do you plan to use? That audio will either have to go through your headunit's aux input or aux source "hub", or through an fm modulator..

phebus
01-18-2006, 12:24 PM
I wanted to mount the monitor on the inside lid of the hatch. That way, it would be out of the sun unless the hatch was opened to watch it, and that wouldn't be done if it was in direct sunlight, as then it couldn't be seen anyway.
I hve an Alpine HU, with a Alpine 410 (I'm pretty sure that is the number, I got it to run my iPod through the aux jacks).
I would like a thin profile on the monitor, so that I could frame in with some extruded aluminum to mount it securely to the lid of the hatch. I could then cable it down to whatever type of DVD player I would need. Also, I would like to keep it as light as posssible so the hatch didn't have to carry a lot of weight. Also, it would have to hold up to the abuse running the boat in rough water.
The hatch is quite large, as that is the compartment that would house a porta potty in.

ROZ
01-18-2006, 12:28 PM
How large of panel do you want or think can fit there?

phebus
01-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Here is a picture of Rock's (Boatfloatings) Carrera deck he used to have. As you can see, the hatchs open up on either side, forward of the console's.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753Big_Deck_4.jpg
I would like to mount the monitor on the inside of the starboard side hatch cover.
The cover is approx. 2' wide, so the price of a monitor is probably more of an issue then size would be. I imagine almost any monitor made for a car would fit in there.

Reaper1
01-18-2006, 06:33 PM
The "Big Deck" rides again. :)

BoatFloating
01-24-2006, 08:34 PM
The "Big Deck" rides again. :)
The Bick Deck never leaves... :cool:

phebus
01-24-2006, 09:10 PM
The Bick Deck never leaves... :cool:
It just "rises" again. :2purples:

BoatFloating
01-25-2006, 10:26 AM
It just "rises" again. :2purples:
Yes it does. I do miss that boat...

Mr. Naudio
01-29-2006, 03:24 AM
I'm thinking of mounting a monitor to the top of the hatch between the helm, and the front seats.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753Carrera_1204_001-med.jpg
What would be needed to make it work, and integrate with the boats stereo system?
Suggestions for monitors, and needed parts to make it work?
Not a prob come by Ill walk ya through it.
P.S. Bring the boat with ya.