PDA

View Full Version : Can ya hang ?

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2006, 07:31 PM
with the big dawgz ? I've always been a quality drinker not a quantity drinker. But I have recently found that if you combine the two it's like ,,, the best of both worlds :rollside:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127100_0204.jpg
C.#14T. :wink: errr 15 hell I've lost count :D

voodoomedman
10-11-2006, 07:35 PM
with the big dawgz ? I've always been a quality drinker not a quantity drinker. But I have recently found that if you combine the two it's like ,,, the best of both worlds :rollside:
I agree with your statement but the picture sucks.
Take the best of beers and put them in a can and it is ruined.

wsuwrhr
10-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Bad week for you CP?
Brian

RitcheyRch
10-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Dayum thats a lot of beer for one person.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-11-2006, 07:40 PM
15 relaxing in the evening is kinda normal arround here. I guess both the wife & I would be wondering if YOU could hang. :idea: :) :)

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm too drive to drunk to the beer store so don't suggest another fockin brand. :D
I've never professed to being a photographer. deal with the shoddy photo work and have a drink.
T. :wink:

voodoomedman
10-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm too drive to drunk to the beer store so don't suggest another fockin brand. :D
I've never professed to being a photographer. deal with the shoddy photo work and have a drink.
I didn't say anything about the brand, just the cans. With that being said keep drinking the cans as I applaud you for not driving drunk.
You may want to hit up Sam's club on your next sober outing though. I just went yesterday and got a case of a Michelob Sampler with all the good stuff and can't wait to try them. I've already been a buyer of Amber Bock but the other stuff sounds good.
What is really cool is I also bought a case of a seasonal beer called Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale. It is an Anheiser Busch product and very interesting. It was actually pretty good and I had an interesting taste of pumpkin left in my mouth after a minute or so of finishing the beer.

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2006, 07:47 PM
15 relaxing in the evening is kinda normal arround here. I guess both the wife & I would be wondering if YOU could hang. :idea: :) :)
I'm just getting warmed up SS. beer has never been a fav. I usually drink . wait gotta pee............................................... ...........................................
.................................................. ...................
+........ Okay.
Usually drink a New Castle or two to relax but hardly ever get drunk.
I have a nice comfortable buzz on now and could probably drink twice what I've drank so far ( at the rate I'm going)
but if I were to switch to hard Liquor..? fogedaboudit I cant roll like that..
T.

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I didn't say anything about the brand, just the cans. With that being said keep drinking the cans as I applaud you for not driving drunk.
You may want to hit up Sam's club on your next sober outing though. I just went yesterday and got a case of a Michelob Sampler with all the good stuff and can't wait to try them. I've already been a buyer of Amber Bock but the other stuff sounds good.
What is really cool is I also bought a case of a seasonal beer called Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale. It is an Anheiser Busch product and very interesting. It was actually pretty good and I had an interesting taste of pumpkin left in my mouth after a minute or so of finishing the beer.
Ooooo Never drive drunk ! Learned my lesson back in 83 my one and only. never again !
I'll throw away the cans I figured I needed them for evedence since my typing was up to spec.
Jack's Pumpkin Spice ? Sounds delecious :p I'll have to go to Sam's tomorrow definately !
Thanks for the heads up this pic more to your liking ?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127100_0200-med.jpg

voodoomedman
10-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Ooooo Never drive drunk ! Learned my lesson back in 83 my one and only. never again !
I'll throw away the cans I figured I needed them for evedence since my typing was up to spec.
Jack's Pumpkin Spice ? Sounds delecious :p I'll have to go to Sam's tomorrow definately !
Thanks for the heads up this pic more to your liking ?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127100_0200-med.jpg
At least you put it in a glass but it still has been sitting in a can for a few weeks. Of course though if I was at your place I wouldn't complain at what I was given.
BTW nice place you have on that coast. We spent a week in SC the week before last. It was beautiful. We actually were in your state for a couple of hours as we went camping and drove up to Cashiers, NC and had some BBQ for dinner.

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2006, 08:11 PM
At least you put it in a glass but it still has been sitting in a can for a few weeks. Of course though if I was at your place I wouldn't complain at what I was given.
BTW nice place you have on that coast. We spent a week in SC the week before last. It was beautiful. We actually were in your state for a couple of hours as we went camping and drove up to Cashiers, NC and had some BBQ for dinner.
Always in a glass when on the homefront :wink: gotta have a little class.
Oh yeah Cashers is like my back yard man !!! I can be there in about 30 min. ( when I'm not drinking :p )
The Nantahala gourge is beautiful this time of year.
shoot me a PM and I will give you my contact info for the next round.

voodoomedman
10-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Always in a glass when on the homefront :wink: gotta have a little class.
Oh yeah Cashers is like my back yard man !!! I can be there in about 30 min. ( when I'm not drinking :p )
The Nantahala gourge is beautiful this time of year.
shoot me a PM and I will give you my contact info for the next round.
I definately will but it will probably be a couple of years before we go back. Have friends that live in Abbevile County real close to Greenwood. But if we head back up that way when we go back out then we can have some dinner.
I've got to ask a question though? And please don't get offended. They took us to this place in Cashiers for BBQ and apparently is supposed to be the best of the best. Well maybe it's cuz I'm from the left coast but that was just plain old dried up pork with some okay BBQ sauce in a cup. The cornbread was super dry and barely any taste and the soup was just plain old cold pinto beans. Is that considered good there? I eat everything from down home country cooking to high class stuff and I like to think I know what's good. That wasn't. We won't tell them though. On another note I can't wait to make me some Frogmore stew.

socalmoney
10-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Can ya drive ?

MJ19
10-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Can ya drive ?
nope ... this girlie could NOT hang... :cool:

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Can ya drive ?
I don't know ..... Hop in lets go for a spin in the back 40......

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2006, 08:30 PM
nope ... this girlie could NOT hang... :cool:
Is Okay .. I can't either. But I did stay at a Holliday Inn Express last night :p
T :wink:

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2006, 08:46 PM
I definately will but it will probably be a couple of years before we go back. Have friends that live in Abbevile County real close to Greenwood. But if we head back up that way when we go back out then we can have some dinner.
I've got to ask a question though? And please don't get offended. They took us to this place in Cashiers for BBQ and apparently is supposed to be the best of the best. Well maybe it's cuz I'm from the left coast but that was just plain old dried up pork with some okay BBQ sauce in a cup. The cornbread was super dry and barely any taste and the soup was just plain old cold pinto beans. Is that considered good there? I eat everything from down home country cooking to high class stuff and I like to think I know what's good. That wasn't. We won't tell them though. On another note I can't wait to make me some Frogmore stew.
You aint had BBQ till ya had a dose of CT's Q ....... Pork BBQ has it's roots here in Tarheel but you have to know the right people to get authentic Carolina BBQ.
My family has been in this county since the mid 1800s. talk about BBQ.... son you haven't had BBQ. alot of the business here are transplants tryin to play the part. Look me up on your next round and I garendamntee ya, you'll want to bag some and take it home with ya. :D
T . :wink:

voodoomedman
10-11-2006, 08:53 PM
You aint had BBQ till ya had a dose of CT's Q ....... Pork BBQ has it's roots here in Tarheel but you have to know the right people to get authentic Carolina BBQ.
My family has been in this county since the mid 1800s. talk about BBQ.... son you haven't had BBQ. alot of the business here are transplants tryin to play the part. Look me up on your next round and I garendamntee ya, you'll want to bag some and take it home with ya. :D
T . :wink:
That's what they were sayin. One is my wifes childhood friend so she is from here but her hubby was born and raised around them parts. We ate at the hole in the wall and sat outside on the patio where they have all the license plates from all over. I don't know if you know the place. I could have cooked tastier pork in the freaking microwave.

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2006, 09:04 PM
That's what they were sayin. One is my wifes childhood friend so she is from here but her hubby was born and raised around them parts. We ate at the hole in the wall and sat outside on the patio where they have all the license plates from all over. I don't know if you know the place. I could have cooked tastier pork in the freaking microwave.
Yeah I feel ya brother.. Licenses plates everywhere hu? well that could be the local Arby's round these parts... ya never know :p
I have a secret family recipe / method for some awesome BBQ that'll make your tongue slap your eyebrow for more. it's a deep pit broiled pork thats sealed with a honey glaze to keep the juices in ... Oh gawddamn I'm hungry now.. you get the pic.. Sorry your experience wasn't up to par. It gripes ,me to no end when travelers come here for the foothills experience and leave with the taco bell taste in their mouth..... Let me know on your next trip. Let me be your tour guide. :cool:

voodoomedman
10-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah I feel ya brother.. Licenses plates everywhere hu? well that could be the local Arby's round these parts... ya never know :p
I have a secret family recipe / method for some awesome BBQ that'll make your tongue slap your eyebrow for more. it's a deep pit broiled pork thats sealed with a honey glaze to keep the juices in ... Oh gawddamn I'm hungry now.. you get the pic.. Sorry your experience wasn't up to par. It gripes ,me to no end when travelers come here for the foothills experience and leave with the taco bell taste in their mouth..... Let me know on your next trip. Let me be your tour guide. :cool:
Taco Bell would have been better. I'll see ya in a couple of years.

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Taco Bell would have been better. I'll see ya in a couple of years.
Don't make me wanna have to drive to Have~a~shoe ta feed ya some pork. :D * Giggle snort :D
Anytime My friend Anytime. That goes for the rest of the Havasu crowd it's an open invitation to Tarheel. I have plenty of room.... :cool:
T.

DaveA
10-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Yer makin' me hungry now. Bridges Barbecue Lodge in Shelby on 74 just east of town on the south side of the highway, next time you're passing thru. One of our favourites.
If you were in Cashiers, beggars can't be choosers. Sorry you had an adverse reaction..... At Lake Lure, Larkins is where I usually wind up. Near you, CT?
PS- You missed quite a shindig at Lake James. de KA4YKC

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Yer makin' me hungry now. Bridges Barbecue Lodge in Shelby on 74 just east of town on the south side of the highway, next time you're passing thru. One of our favourites.
If you were in Cashiers, beggars can't be choosers. Sorry you had an adverse reaction..... At Lake Lure, Larkins is where I usually wind up. Near you, CT?
PS- You missed quite a shindig at Lake James. de KA4YKC
Larkins yeah buddy ! Im so close to Lure I can hit it with a rock ! and about mid way to Cashiers too. hell it's all like my back yard. Havent talked to you in a while D. sorry I missed James too I'm only a shord hop from there too :cry: I was busy taking care of an elderly family member. maybe next round buddy.
You know my call I wont throw it out in the public forum due to anonminity issues :D
KG4-LE de da de da :p
One of these days we should link the repeaters and have ourselfs a lil QSO. charlotte ? ummm 145.35 negative ? :wink:
T.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-12-2006, 04:54 AM
I had a similar BBQ experience down in S Texas some years back. Might have been OK, if the sauce had been, but it was really nothing but tasteless tomato-water, was ORANGE fer crist-sake, not that nice, thich, chocolate-brown. It was edible, and that's as nice to it as I can be.
At least here in the midwest, we took our BBQ cues from the south, and I DON'T mean Texas :yuk: .

AltarGirl
10-12-2006, 06:14 AM
So are you hungover or what? :)

98 Vector 21
10-12-2006, 06:21 AM
No can hang!

TRUMP TIGHT
10-12-2006, 06:24 AM
Not if you pour em in a mug.:idea:

Back Forty
10-12-2006, 06:45 AM
I don't know ..... Hop in lets go for a spin in the back 40......
Leave me out of this. I've got my own drinkin' to get to. :crossx:

Cheap Thrills
10-12-2006, 08:22 AM
So are you hungover or what? :)
Just s slight headache and a little woosey As soon as the tylenol and the coffee kicks in I'll be good.
C.T. :wink:

rivergoer
10-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Oh I Could Hang...i Went To The Marine Corps School Of Drinking Its Fun :) :)

riverbound
10-12-2006, 10:30 AM
:D
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18616&stc=1

rivergoer
10-12-2006, 10:40 AM
:D
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18616&stc=1
:jawdrop: :2purples: :eek:

Cheap Thrills
10-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh I Could Hang...i Went To The Marine Corps School Of Drinking Its Fun :) :)
I think I've found my limit. I quit at 18 now I feel like --> :skull:
Riverbound ummm you gonna drink all that ? :eek:
I think I'm gonna need a couple of days to recoup before pulling another Cheap Thrill.
I can't believe I had cans stacked up on my Chess Table. What was I thinking?

wright27
10-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Same here. Around my house beer is like water. The wife and I don't go without it

UltraClean
10-12-2006, 01:43 PM
oooooh man those Ducatis give me the nastiest hang over!!! good luck with that :skull:

riverbound
10-12-2006, 01:43 PM
I think I've found my limit. I quit at 18 now I feel like --> :skull:
Riverbound ummm you gonna drink all that ? :eek:
I think I'm gonna need a couple of days to recoup before pulling another Cheap Thrill.
I can't believe I had cans stacked up on my Chess Table. What was I thinking?
This pic was taken friday morning and we blew through that by Saturday evening. along with a couple hundred in bar tabs.

h2oski2fast
10-12-2006, 01:57 PM
RD keeps that in stock all the time. He has nearly that much in his fridge right now.

Cheap Thrills
10-12-2006, 02:23 PM
I've never been a big drinker but I do like to tie one on occationally. It's never planned Last night was my time and man am I feeling those 18 Tecates today. Good Lord I feel horrible. Can't seem to think through this fog in my head and I'm shaking like a deer shittin peach seeds.
I don't even want to look at any food :yuk:
I don't see how people do it every week. I thought I was doing good but it sounds like some of you guys are drinking on a professional level. :D

voodoomedman
10-12-2006, 03:36 PM
I've never been a big drinker but I do like to tie one on occationally. It's never planned Last night was my time and man am I feeling those 18 Tecates today. Good Lord I feel horrible. Can't seem to think through this fog in my head and I'm shaking like a deer shittin peach seeds.
I don't even want to look at any food :yuk:
I don't see how people do it every week. I thought I was doing good but it sounds like some of you guys are drinking on a professional level. :D
The easiest and best thing you can do to not feel like $hit the next day is drink water while your drinking alcohol and drink a $hitload of water before you go to bed. Alcohol dehydrates you like nobody's business and that is the main cause of you getting so screwed up. A little vitamin B never hurts either.

wright27
10-12-2006, 05:22 PM
orange juice. The frutcose helps to remove the alcohol from you system. Drink before drinking and before bed.

DaveA
10-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Larkins yeah buddy ! Im so close to Lure I can hit it with a rock ! and about mid way to Cashiers too. hell it's all like my back yard. Havent talked to you in a while D. sorry I missed James too I'm only a shord hop from there too :cry: I was busy taking care of an elderly family member. maybe next round buddy.
You know my call I wont throw it out in the public forum due to anonminity issues :D
KG4-LE de da de da :p
One of these days we should link the repeaters and have ourselfs a lil QSO. charlotte ? ummm 145.35 negative ? :wink:
T.
Yup. Larkins. Good Food.
I wanna go make the Lake Lure/Chimbley Rock/Bat Cave run while the leaves are turning, but I've got so much goin' on I cain't get away. Traffic's a bear this time of year there anyway. Plus I gotta show up for Jury dooty next week and try to get out of that....again.....plus my S corp taxes are due Monday for both my companies and my personal too, thanx to extensions. Whew.
I listened to 145.35 today for a few minutes on the handie since I don't have a rig mounted in the truck. Can you hit it from there? I don't have any linking protocols since I'm not a member of anything anymore, like SERA/CVRA etc. so it would have to be a sked at some time. PM me sometime and we'll see what works.
Go take another aspirin....I'm watching qualifying. A Nawth Carolina boy's on the pole for a change...Scott Riggs. Good Boy.
DaveA

Kim Hanson
10-12-2006, 06:39 PM
I combine the 2 also, Labbatt and Lite :p I can drink till the moose comes home :D :D ........( . )( . )...........Shit, it's coming up the driveway right now :rollside:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Gawd, Kareoki night at BJ's (I bounce) Finally home aafter listening to 4 hrs of butchery .... it's high-balls of Wild Turkey 101 tonight. Ye gads there are some horrid non-singers out there. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: I feel almost as soiled as Tom Brown with his hooker. :cry:

Cheap Thrills
10-13-2006, 06:21 AM
Yup. Larkins. Good Food.
I wanna go make the Lake Lure/Chimbley Rock/Bat Cave run while the leaves are turning, but I've got so much goin' on I cain't get away. Traffic's a bear this time of year there anyway. Plus I gotta show up for Jury dooty next week and try to get out of that....again.....plus my S corp taxes are due Monday for both my companies and my personal too, thanx to extensions. Whew.
I listened to 145.35 today for a few minutes on the handie since I don't have a rig mounted in the truck. Can you hit it from there? I don't have any linking protocols since I'm not a member of anything anymore, like SERA/CVRA etc. so it would have to be a sked at some time. PM me sometime and we'll see what works.
Go take another aspirin....I'm watching qualifying. A Nawth Carolina boy's on the pole for a change...Scott Riggs. Good Boy.
DaveA
I almost feel normal this morning :D ( well human at least. I've never been normal:D)
It wont be long untill the color peaks. this is a shot from Shining Rock elevation is about 4k ASL http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127shro13-med.jpg
I think Chimney rock is around 3k so the color should hang in there a while maybe untill the end of Oct. if we dont get any major weather.
I have a set of stacked 13 element B-2 Boomers and 60' of tower but I haven't put it up here. I don't want to have to fight with the HOA. even though Hams are usually exempt from the rules concerning outdoor antennas. I'm sure I could hit it with those though it may get into N. GA.'s 145.35 machine too. :D I may drag out the ole Kenwood 2M all mode and slap up a J-Pole and see if I can hear Charlotte, after all it is getting to be radio season :rollside:
Let me know when you are in the neighborhood Binions Road House serves some damn fine steaks.
BTU.