PDA

View Full Version : Sattelite TV questions..........

clownpuncher
10-11-2006, 09:34 PM
First off, I'm asking here cuz I know I'll get an answer and the offices are closed at this hour at both places, no one to answer my ?s.
I'm looking at both Dishnetwork and Directv. Can't make heads or tails of which is better. Both look pretty much the same to me.
Also, I'd love to have sattelite at the river pad too. Do I have to pay for two services?
Thanks in advance
ROC

voodoomedman
10-11-2006, 09:37 PM
First off, I'm asking here cuz I know I'll get an answer and the offices are closed at this hour at both places, no one to answer my ?s.
I'm looking at both Dishnetwork and Directv. Can't make heads or tails of which is better. Both look pretty much the same to me.
Also, I'd love to have sattelite at the river pad too. Do I have to pay for two services?
Thanks in advance
ROC
Most usually say that DirecTV is better.
Whichever way you go then you only need one subscription though. Buy a dish off of ebay for 15 bucks and install it at the river house. Either order an extra box or boxes on your home subscription and leave them at the river or save the 5 bucks per box and just take them with you when you go to the river. Just don't tell them since it's an actual house. They allow you to do it for camping and such with your trailers so it's pretty much the same concept.

clownpuncher
10-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the help and quick reply. :)
ROC

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Most usually say that DirecTV is better.
Whichever way you go then you only need one subscription though. Buy a dish off of ebay for 15 bucks and install it at the river house. Either order an extra box or boxes on your home subscription and leave them at the river or save the 5 bucks per box and just take them with you when you go to the river. Just don't tell them since it's an actual house. They allow you to do it for camping and such with your trailers so it's pretty much the same concept.
I had "Direct TV' For a while the "Smart Card" would work in any compatable reciever.
T. Stumbling on the keys C. did I just sign that backasswards? C.T. :wink:

Hardly Satisfied
10-12-2006, 01:05 AM
Thanks in advance
ROC
just take one with with you when you go up there and bring it back with you when you come home

cnj
10-12-2006, 05:03 AM
We've had DirecTV for approx 5 years. They have always bent over backwards to make sure we were happy. Due to their customer service, I wouldn't even consider switching.