PDA

View Full Version : Donations

ratso
10-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Do you ever make donations, and wonder if it really gets to wherever it was intended for? Are there any companies out there that you know of that are shams? I donate to local stuff, like fireworks shows or carnivals, you know, stuff for kids. I get things in the mail, especially for people running for office. If I know them personally or they have somewhat benefitted me in the past, I will make a donation. I get these things from organizations like Texas State Troopers Association, and was told that the troopers or families never see that money??? I'm sure other states have something similar to this. I wonder what the money really goes to??? I've never "adopted" a child in a foreign country either??? What do they get, some rice for my dollars, or do they see anything? I'd like to donate some condoms, because they don't need to be spitting out more kids when they can't even feed them. I don't give to the church either... If I was going to give to one, it would be one about 10 miles down the road from me... can't think of the name but something like "The Open Range Church" or something to that nature, kinda cowboy oriented... it's a metal barn with the doors that open up all the way around it, very simple and probably more about worshipping than spending it all on multi million dollar churches like a lot of the ones I see, while the people donating are near poverty because they are trying to "buy" their way into Heaven... What do you donate to, if at all???

Jbb
10-12-2006, 01:31 PM
There was this sunk boat .....out West... :p

Ziggy
10-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Mostly I help local schools...............

wsuwrhr
10-12-2006, 01:35 PM
I donate my time, that is worth the most to me
Brian

ratso
10-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Brian
...to ***boat??? :confused:

deltaAce
10-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Way back, before welfare, the money you gave to the neighborhood Church, lots of it was used to deliver food idems to needy families. I guess the Government stepped in on that one when they saw all the profit in "administrating" that
task.
The bigger a Church & the more beautifull the stained glass windows, the less they need your money.

squirt'nmyload
Brian
that is what i usually donate too....i also donate clothes, food and household things that i don't use anymore.

wsuwrhr
...to ***boat??? :confused:
I wasn't considering ***boat, but since you mentioned it, why yes, at times.
Brian

Jordy
10-12-2006, 02:41 PM
See what happens when I'm out working??? I miss golden opportunities. Nice play JBB. :D :D :D

stvneil
10-12-2006, 02:55 PM
:idea: when someone calls and asks for a donation i ask them to send me some documentation as to how much goes to the organization they are soliciting for. never hear from them again.
another thing i do is that when children come in to our place of business requestion donations for a trip, etc that they want to go on i offer them some window cleaner and paper towels and ask them to work for a couple of hours then i will contribute to their cause. it's not that i am tight but their parents and teachers are teaching them to ask for what they want instead of working for it. not many of them want to work for it, but the ones that do, i reward them handsomely.

Jbb
10-12-2006, 03:02 PM
See what happens when I'm out working??? I miss golden opportunities. Nice play JBB. :D :D :D
I just thought you were a little slow on the trigger....I got your back Bro.....
RD SUX!............ :p

RitcheyRch
10-12-2006, 03:37 PM
I donate to a Deaf Theatre in North Hollywood and to a no-kill animal shelter in Orange County.

YeLLowBoaT
10-12-2006, 03:44 PM
I donate alot of left over materails to habit for humanity. That being said, I will NEVER give money to any charity. Also unless a very high % of thier "donated income" goes to where its supose too, I won't even give them the time of day.
PS I have drasticly cut my labor rates to churchs, but thats only do to the fact that I knew I could make up my loses 10 fold off of the members :)

Bradman
10-12-2006, 04:19 PM
OMG, that was funny...We donate to our church and during the holiday's we'll donate to an organization that feeds the homeless.

ChumpChange
10-12-2006, 04:41 PM
I don't donate to my church, I tithe. That's the word for it.
In donating money, sometimes I just drive by the local park where some people sleep. I catch them as they wake up in the morning and throw them some cash. I don't give to the guys at the end of the offramp who drive there, just the ones I find actually sleeping in the bushes.