PDA

View Full Version : Please excuse my excitment...

Back Forty
10-12-2006, 02:50 PM
I'll always be a lurker around here except for during the last election where I spent day and night on here smashing and bashing until I cracked and had to get back to lurker status :p
I met a great woman in aug of '04 and decided to move back to Florida to be with her and closer to the family and such. Pop's passed away (at 59) just before I moved back. I went through two full career changes, car sales and building custom one off houses. About four months ago the company I was working with had a major shift due to internal matters. Took matters into my own hands and made plans. Executed the plan and made another jump into a new career. Self employment. My girl friend was loosing something in it all( for which only she can know what) I asked her if she had faith in me one night. She said she didn't know. Got a call from her last sat. She apologized and said she couldn't handle it anymore and we parted on mutual terms.
water under the bridge.
Today... as in today...
I've been working on this new business through all of this and today I finally hooked a fat account after a couple of weeks of wheeling, dealing and putting it all together. Had one last quick meeting at the bottom of a gravel pit and struck a deal at around 3 today. Competition was a big company who thought they had the edge with their own inside sources. My business is in construction and although most of you are out west I still can't talk much about the deal because I can't chance messing it all up but WOW.
Aside from all of the drama up to now and a great girl who couldn't see the picture, I'm IN...
There was a thread on here about five months ago about all of the people who had some kind of money and a BS poster asking how these people made it. Lots of good speak about never giving up and going for it in life. I just want to say that I just did it. My mom who with my dad also owned a company down here for several years watched it go down the tubes as the area went slow just finally bought another business and has somebody to buy the old. With her presence at the new business they have already out grossed the previous owners daily averages for this time of year. She also bought out the space next to hers and has already doubled her gross.
Well now that things are going for the better and stability is in the future, I can see looking for the next good woman, getting another sickle and also trying to get a modest boat (of my own) on the water. I'll be grossing a nice little chunk and plan on stock piling for a while. Got to have massive liquid cash for this business.
well back to lurker status for daily entertainment. sorry for the disturbance. :rollside:

ratso
10-12-2006, 02:55 PM
I'll always be a lurker around here except for during the last election where I spent day and night on here smashing and bashing until I cracked and had to get back to lurker status :p
I met a great woman in aug of '04 and decided to move back to Florida to be with her and closer to the family and such. Pop's passed away (at 59) just before I moved back. I went through two full career changes, car sales and building custom one off houses. About four months ago the company I was working with had a major shift due to internal matters. Took matters into my own hands and made plans. Executed the plan and made another jump into a new career. Self employment. My girl friend was loosing something in it all( for which only she can know what) I asked her if she had faith in me one night. She said she didn't know. Got a call from her last sat. She apologized and said she couldn't handle it anymore and we parted on mutual terms.
water under the bridge.
Today... as in today...
I've been working on this new business through all of this and today I finally hooked a fat account after a couple of weeks of wheeling, dealing and putting it all together. Had one last quick meeting at the bottom of a gravel pit and struck a deal at around 3 today. Competition was a big company who thought they had the edge with their own inside sources. My business is in construction and although most of you are out west I still can't talk much about the deal because I can't chance messing it all up but WOW.
Aside from all of the drama up to now and a great girl who couldn't see the picture, I'm IN...
There was a thread on here about five months ago about all of the people who had some kind of money and a BS poster asking how these people made it. Lots of good speak about never giving up and going for it in life. I just want to say that I just did it. My mom who with my dad also owned a company down here for several years watched it go down the tubes as the area went slow just finally bought another business and has somebody to buy the old. With her presence at the new business they have already out grossed the previous owners daily averages for this time of year. She also bought out the space next to hers and has already doubled her gross.
Well now that things are going for the better and stability is in the future, I can see looking for the next good woman, getting another sickle and also trying to get a modest boat (of my own) on the water. I'll be grossing a nice little chunk and plan on stock piling for a while. Got to have massive liquid cash for this business.
well back to lurker status for daily entertainment. sorry for the disturbance. :rollside:
Congrats...whatever you do, don't let the bitch back in so she can "mindf#ck" you... Good luck with the business venture... Whenever my dad fully retires, I'll be selling out the business to start doing other ventures myself.

MrsSigEpMock
10-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Am I allowed to reply to lurkers??? :idea:
(Congrats to you!!!)

DILLIGAF
10-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Congrats...It feels good doesn't it? Don't look back and keep moving forward.
Reminds me of the day after 9 years I left the phone company. I had this piece of crap manager telling me this and that and it was all negative. I jumped up and thought about punching that woman right in the face (thought about it but would never hit a woman). I did tell her what a bunch of BS her talk was and that she was insecure and couldn't handle a strong employee. Advised her to work on her ****in' weakness regarding dealing with independant employees and that I have two weeks vacation and I am out. Best decision I ever made in my life. That was 21 years ago.
:)

Queenbee
10-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Congrats on both the success and having the balls to stick it out and weather the storm!

CARLSON-JET
10-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Right on Back Forty. I'm really glad to hear that the move has turned out to be very motivating. It is too cold already here and I bet Florida is just about perfect. There is nothing better then being your own boss in a field that works for you. I'm really sorry to hear about your Pops, I don't remember reading anything about it. 59 is a young age and I can relate as my pops passed at 56. I wish you the best of luck on the current project and the future. R.B.

Back Forty
10-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Right on Back Forty. I'm really glad to hear that the move has turned out to be very motivating. It is too cold already here and I bet Florida is just about perfect. There is nothing better then being your own boss in a field that works for you. I'm really sorry to hear about your Pops, I don't remember reading anything about it. 59 is a young age and I can relate as my pops passed at 56. I wish you the best of luck on the current project and the future. R.B.
Hey CJ.
Been a while. I don't think I mentioned much about my dad online. Maybe over on hilsinger. Hope everything is going well. Still got my carlson!
Yes Florida weather is just about perfect as usual. I don't mind the summer heat and humidity. I'm the one outside in a suit and tie during the summer with a giant coffee, greezy hair do and not breaking a sweat.
The heat turned down recently but the tan is cheap and easy down here..! Just have to watch out for gator fleas and giant pigmy rattlers... :)

No Name
10-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Congrats...It feels good doesn't it? Don't look back and keep moving forward.
Reminds me of the day after 9 years I left the phone company. I had this piece of crap manager telling me this and that and it was all negative. I jumped up and thought about punching that woman right in the face (thought about it but would never hit a woman). I did tell her what a bunch of BS her talk was and that she was insecure and couldn't handle a strong employee. Advised her to work on her ****in' weakness regarding dealing with independant employees and that I have two weeks vacation and I am out. Best decision I ever made in my life. That was 21 years ago.
:)
9 years at the phone company, 21 years ago :idea: That makes you an old SOB. :D :D

Devil's Advocate
10-12-2006, 05:58 PM
water under the bridge.
Today... as in today...
So basically all that was the long version of "I'm available now ladies." :D
Or maybe that's just what I read... :p
J/K, good for you and best of luck with more continued success. :)

ratso
10-12-2006, 06:10 PM
...nothing wrong with being available, as long as you are emotionally unavailable. :rollside:

Back Forty
10-12-2006, 06:32 PM
...nothing wrong with being available, as long as you are emotionally unavailable.
YER DERN TOOTIN' but yes I do have a brick to offload. This one was a shame but who needs romantic sob stories. Definetly not me right about now and plus the story would take a couple of pages worth of reading to get through. I did spend time in eastern Czech Republic partaking in some of the best beer available, a mean plum brandy and some meat and potato dishes you could imagine.. :idea:
Prague is beautiful in febuary and and my favorite place to eat was established in the way back (1500's) and called "by the seven roaches." Good times but now it's time to find somebody new and make some new stories.
Brick first though... :cool:

Devil's Advocate
10-12-2006, 06:47 PM
...nothing wrong with being available, as long as you are emotionally unavailable. :rollside:
Stop ruining the romance of it.. :rolleyes: :crossx:

Back Forty
10-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Hey wait a minute. Call me stupid... No bricks I'm doing fine... :)
Yep on the market:
One single 30 yr old guy with silver hair blue eyes, well documented family history/german,british,irish,spanish by legend, italian, undocumented african/turk 6th generation American from the pier in Boston.
Lookin for regular good girl.
Broke for a while,
Only one glastron that needs work,
Old iron head snycle in a box,
New job,
New house
typical male sex drive...
Capable of providing "most" women 10 to 20 big O's(or as many as they can ask for) and... the on/off goose bumps- my specialty.(disclaimer: seems to scare most women afterwhile.)
I clean...
I cook in the kitchen and on the grill.
good with the kiddies.(got nieces and nephews)
I like yard work.
Grew up at the drag strip
Love to work hard
One woman kind of guy.
Recent pic.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3561stuff3137-med.jpg
Baggage:
One barn cat devil varmit confused what learned to act like the old dog now expired...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3561pictures_varmit-med.jpg
Applicants must be "OK" with high humidity atmosphere, high temps, bugs the size of a buick, no winter, snow birds and a highly competetive social network, sharks, alligators, red tide, white sandy beaches, gator fleas, guns, story telling, and a big imagination.
Hobbies, something about water and other natural occuring entities slathered in loud man made devices.
OH YEAH LOOK OUT WORLD!!! :crossx: :rollside: