PDA

View Full Version : BBQ ISLAND HOOKUPS? Corona Area...

2001HTM
10-13-2006, 06:57 AM
Any peeps out there have a hook up on BBQ Islands w/ 14' palapa?
I have had a couple quotes already 12,000 - 14,000 little high
to me, looking to spend 10,000tops

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Depends what your looking for.
If your looking for a huge island or two piece island with a 3 pole 14' Palapa your gonna struggle to get anywhere near 10K.
If you look at Insmans post I bet he has 15-20K into that Island/Palapa set up.
I just had a 8'x8' L shaped island made by "Signature Backyards" off the 91.
I wen't with Slate on top and for the Toe Kick and stucco everywhere else.I wen't with the 38" Grill and 2 Fridges.They had been pretty slow and they were also having a LA Fair sale so they threw in the toe kick,under counter lights,Cut out for Palapa,upgraded grill some extra outlets and delivery for free.
I ended up paying right at $6300 (After tax) and will have another $750.00 into it for a 9' Palapa.Based on the shopping I have done I am getting a ton for my money.Most places wanted 10K for what I got.
Here is there site.(I dealt with Bobby and don't really like the owner)
http://www.signaturebackyards.com
This is similar except the color and slate.
http://www.signaturebackyards.com/images/counter6.jpg
They are delivering it on Tuesday and I can snap some pictures at that time if your intrested.

2001HTM
10-13-2006, 07:53 AM
u know i delt with the owner too and he is an ass hole! ha!
i priced one out their and it was 10g's but i was looking for
yes, a wrap around circle with a 3 post palapa and he said
well, we can do a custom one, but it's going to be high $$
well, i guess i got to pay it, if i want it!
thx for the feed back!

2001HTM
10-13-2006, 07:55 AM
ya reply back when you do get your sertup.
sounds like you did get a pretty sweete deal

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 08:20 AM
u know i delt with the owner too and he is an ass hole! ha!
i priced one out their and it was 10g's but i was looking for
yes, a wrap around circle with a 3 post palapa and he said
well, we can do a custom one, but it's going to be high $$
well, i guess i got to pay it, if i want it!
thx for the feed back!
Liuckily I walked in at like 7PM on a weekday and the place looked like a ghost town.I don't think they had moved alot that week and I asked for teh moon.
Bobby was easy to deal with and a pretty cool guy.
They have been pretty "decent" communication wise.I told them I wanted slate but due to the variations I told them I didn't want green slate.They told me to go to Home Depot and find a lot # with no green and they would purchase that and lay it on the Que. Well I go to Home Depot pick out some stuff and roll over to check on the Que. Well the Que has already been slated and built and they were just waiting on my grout choice. :idea:
They were lucky and Bobby took good notes so there wasn't any green.(I would have made them start over)
The owner argued with me and my better half how they all have green only the grout makes it look different.Basicly we agreed to disagree because what he was showing me was the greenest thing I have ever seen.He wen't into a spiel about how he is the best in the world at this and doing it for 500 years.
He didn't like it when I told him he might be the best at building Ques but needs to be looked at for color blindness.;) :crossx:

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 08:31 AM
we used island bbq's off the 15 by the car dealerships,salesman or owner is a prick but they build a pretty nice bbq.cant see it to good in the pic,but it has 2 inlays with tile plam tree's lights and it is not stucco but some other crap that is like stucco but way harder to chip or scratch.5 chairs which are really nice for 9k. wife bought withour me there because i thought the guy was a dickhead but its pretty nice.http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6ce30b3127cce8dfbe3861db400000016108AZMmLNw1Yt2

SHOTKALLIN
10-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Paging ROZ.

2001HTM
10-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Liuckily I walked in at like 7PM on a weekday and the place looked like a ghost town.I don't think they had moved alot that week and I asked for teh moon.
Bobby was easy to deal with and a pretty cool guy.
They have been pretty "decent" communication wise.I told them I wanted slate but due to the variations I told them I didn't want green slate.They told me to go to Home Depot and find a lot # with no green and they would purchase that and lay it on the Que. Well I go to Home Depot pick out some stuff and roll over to check on the Que. Well the Que has already been slated and built and they were just waiting on my grout choice. :idea:
They were lucky and Bobby took good notes so there wasn't any green.(I would have made them start over)
The owner argued with me and my better half how they all have green only the grout makes it look different.Basicly we agreed to disagree because what he was showing me was the greenest thing I have ever seen.He wen't into a spiel about how he is the best in the world at this and doing it for 500 years.
He didn't like it when I told him he might be the best at building Ques but needs to be looked at for color blindness.;) :crossx:
now that is some funny shitt! i went in there last saturday and it still looked like a
ghost town. I was like HELLO anybody home then Bobby walked out of an office i think he name was Bobby older gent - say 50-55 blond / grey hair med build if that was him very nice guy. I have been to 3 other places and they were the best priced and have lots of nice setups on desplay. Their Internet site does no justice. It needs a make over BIG TIME!

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 08:35 AM
we used island bbq's off the 15 by the car dealerships,salesman or owner is a prick but they build a pretty nice bbq.cant see it to good in the pic,but it has 2 inlays with tile plam tree's lights and it is not stucco but some other crap that is like stucco but way harder to chip or scratch.5 chairs which are really nice for 9k. wife bought withour me there because i thought the guy was a dickhead but its pretty nice.http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6ce30b3127cce8dfbe3861db400000016108AZMmLNw1Yt2
Looks nice!
Post some more detailed pics.(I need ideas for lights in teh Palapa)

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 08:40 AM
its the only one i got for now ct,we just ran the rope lights up the pole and around the palapa there pretty bright.my buddy who is a electricain has some trick lights he was talking about putting up we will see if he every comes through.

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 08:41 AM
now that is some funny shitt! i went in there last saturday and it still looked like a
ghost town. I was like HELLO anybody home then Bobby walked out of an office i think he name was Bobby older gent - say 50-55 blond / grey hair med build if that was him very nice guy. I have been to 3 other places and they were the best priced and have lots of nice setups on desplay. Their Internet site does no justice. It needs a make over BIG TIME!
Yeah
We looked at probably 5 other places. We wen't to a couple places that we received super sale flyers for and 5K didn't seem to get you much.
The islands were kinda small and crappy but they did come with Bar stools.To get what I got at signature it would have cost me 8-9K (I need to buy a couple barstools but will not be paying $250.00 a piece when you can get them in mexico for way cheaper)
We also wen't to another place that was having a going out of business sale and after getting there lowest rate I know why there going out of buiss!!;)
Now I just need a deal on a nice spa :crossx:

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 08:44 AM
its the only one i got for now ct,we just ran the rope lights up the pole and around the palapa there pretty bright.my buddy who is a electricain has some trick lights he was talking about putting up we will see if he every comes through.
Can you see the wire going up the pole to the rope lights?
I think I am going to router a line going up the pole and run a power cord and speaker wire to the top and wrap the pole in rope like you probably have at the base of your pole.
My backyard is kinda dark so I almost would be intrested in doing the rope light for modd and then some brighter outdoor lights for lighting up the area.

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 08:44 AM
got the spa covered just need 2 more palapas,150ft of driveway and im set.what i really want is these ice chests on rollers they had at the bbq place,with your favorite nfl or mlb team pretty cool.

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 08:47 AM
got the spa covered just need 2 more palapas,150ft of driveway and im set.what i really want is these ice chests on rollers they had at the bbq place,with your favorite nfl or mlb team pretty cool.
your almost there.
Your pool/spa turned out really nice.I would love to go that route but I can't swing the 50K without refinancing the house.(I wan't to pay cash for improvements)
Talk to Badass38chevy on the Palapas.They have some nice stuff and there deals are hard to beat.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126252&highlight=palapa

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 08:47 AM
i have the rope light connected to the cord at the bottom of the pole where is goes into the counter top,looks ok but would like to come up with something more trick.been working way to much so i have put to much thought into anything new for it.

2001HTM
10-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Looks nice!
Post some more detailed pics.(I need ideas for lights in teh Palapa)
I got a flyer on my door about a week ago for custom outdoor BBQ's and kitchens
he came over yestersay and quoted me 14,000 it's a 13' circle broke in 1/2 with
31' grill, 1 fridge, sink, 2 stainless storage cabinets + all granit top 12x12 not one piece slate, and covered with your brown stone on the outer sides + 14' 3 post palapa ---- i guess that's a pretty good price then?

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 08:51 AM
I got a flyer on my door about a week ago for custom outdoor BBQ's and kitchens
he came over yestersay and quoted me 14,000 it's a 13' circle broke in 1/2 with
31' grill, 1 fridge, sink, 2 stainless storage cabinets + all granit top 12x12 not one piece slate, and covered with your brown stone on the outer sides + 14' 3 post palapa ---- i guess that's a pretty good price then?
That sounds pretty good.
What kind of equipment?
Hopefully Blaine will chime in shortly on what he paid for his.I know he is a grinder;) on price so if he says it's a good deal your golden.

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 08:52 AM
thanks ct,wish i had some more money to finish but that is about it for now.yea we bought some stuff from ba383 he has good prices.i may sell our motorhome and a few other things to do some concrete work,i figure i still need about 18k for the driveway.getting sick of the dirt but that what you get with a 1/2 acre.throw up some pics when you get it dialed in.

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 08:55 AM
i liked the grill thought is was pretty well built after looking at a few.[img]http://www.myislandbbq.com/image/15129815_scaled_313x235.jpg[img]

2001HTM
10-13-2006, 08:56 AM
That sounds pretty good.
What kind of equipment?
Hopefully Blaine will chime in shortly on what he paid for his.I know he is a grinder;) on price so if he says it's a good deal your golden.
He said he get all his items from BBQ Galore and has a ten year waranty on all hardware. BBQ Galore is a well known place right?

Cole Trickle
thanks ct,wish i had some more money to finish but that is about it for now.yea we bought some stuff from ba383 he has good prices.i may sell our motorhome and a few other things to do some concrete work,i figure i still need about 18k for the driveway.getting sick of the dirt but that what you get with a 1/2 acre.throw up some pics when you get it dialed in.
I will post pics as I go.
Sadly I am in the same boat as you and will have to take it slow and peice it together.
I got a quote for 3K to lay 850' of Sod and install sprinklers a couple days ago.I almot couldn't stop laughing;) If grass is that exspensive I will paint my dirt with green krylon or steal sand from the beach!! :crossx:

boatnam2
upps no workie!

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 08:59 AM
He said he get all his items from BBQ Galore and has a ten year waranty on all hardware. BBQ Galore is a well known place right?
If he gets his stuff through them it's probably pretty good. They go from decent to down right insane!!
My dad dropped like 15K on stuff for is Built in a couple years back.I think he wen't with the middle of the road Viking stuff.(Huge grill,burner,sink,fridge and lots of stainless storage thingys)

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 09:00 AM
upps no workie!
http://www.myislandbbq.com/image/15129815_scaled_313x235.jpg

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 09:00 AM
they are well known but i didnt like alot of there stainless steel bbq's.we got one at work was a piece of crap all the knobs melted so they didnt work.it probaly not what you will be getting but it was 800 bucks and i didnt think that much of it.i would go down to bbq galorie and she what you like and tell that what you want used.

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 09:03 AM
i can get you the sod at cost,or i have a guy that is pretty cheap.i did 1500 sq feet with sprinklers for 1300 bucks.he dosent roto teal or add a ton of top soil; but my grass is as nice as everyone else in the hood.only thing is he only speaks spanish and i only see him when he mows the lawn.

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 09:05 AM
yea theres my baby.

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 09:08 AM
i can get you the sod at cost,or i have a guy that is pretty cheap.i did 1500 sq feet with sprinklers for 1300 bucks.he dosent roto teal or add a ton of top soil; but my grass is as nice as everyone else in the hood.only thing is he only speaks spanish and i only see him when he mows the lawn.
Hook a brother up that deal is muy bien!!
I was honestly expecting the quote to be $1500.I am ready to go yesterday for a grand.
I will rototill and add soil if he gives me a deal like that!! :crossx: :220v:

2001HTM
10-13-2006, 09:12 AM
they are well known but i didnt like alot of there stainless steel bbq's.we got one at work was a piece of crap all the knobs melted so they didnt work.it probaly not what you will be getting but it was 800 bucks and i didnt think that much of it.i would go down to bbq galorie and she what you like and tell that what you want used.
If i end up going with this guy i'll do that for sure......I think i'm going to go back to
specialty BBQ next to Commander and see what i get for 14g's just to compair $

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 09:14 AM
yea i was going to do it myself after all the 3 to 4k qoutes on the front yard.my buddy works at a golf course and can get sod at there cost.but this mexican guy who was putting in grass across the street walks over and has his son who speaks english that he will put in the sod and sprinklers some flowers,plant 3 queen palms pretty good size for 900 bucks i said get on down.he now mows my front and back yard for 40 bucks 4 or 5 times a month.i wouldnt think about breaking out a mower for 5 bucks!pm me your number and i will give it to him when i see him next it may next week sometime or the week after if you dont mind waiting.

Kilrtoy
10-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Contact
GRASSPAYS
he is on the boards and that is what his brother does and a damn good job at that

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 09:16 AM
i would try island also,for 14k they had a real nice set up 3 pole palapa with all the bells and whistles.just dont deal with pete.

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 09:19 AM
yea i was going to do it myself after all the 3 to 4k qoutes on the front yard.my buddy works at a golf course and can get sod at there cost.but this mexican guy who was putting in grass across the street walks over and has his son who speaks english that he will put in the sod and sprinklers some flowers,plant 3 queen palms pretty good size for 900 bucks i said get on down.he now mows my front and back yard for 40 bucks 4 or 5 times a month.i wouldnt think about breaking out a mower for 5 bucks!pm me your number and i will give it to him when i see him next it may next week sometime or the week after if you dont mind waiting.
PM on the way.
:)

BADASS38CHEVY
10-13-2006, 09:49 AM
i would try island also,for 14k they had a real nice set up 3 pole palapa with all the bells and whistles.just dont deal with pete.
To bad you guys cant build your own!! Insman for the thatch he has on his island he has a 12ft palapa and 12 4x4 thatch panels total $ 441.00 If you can build your own you can buy your thatch from us and $ave!!! Summer

UltraClean
10-13-2006, 09:55 AM
dang!!! all this talk about bbq's is making me hungry!!!!!!!

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 09:59 AM
To bad you guys cant build your own!! Insman for the thatch he has on his island he has a 12ft palapa and 12 4x4 thatch panels total $ 441.00 If you can build your own you can buy your thatch from us and $ave!!! Summer
I only want it if you and Ted will come over and have drinks while I do all the work!!!! :crossx: :220v: :p :rollside:

76ANTHONY
10-13-2006, 10:09 AM
I only want it if you and Ted will come over and have drinks while I do all the work!!!! :crossx: :220v: :p :rollside:
and me too focker, i wanna see summer and jen :crossx:

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 10:16 AM
and me too focker, i wanna see summer and jen :crossx:
sorry buddy!!!
Your not invited :crossx: :p !!!

76ANTHONY
10-13-2006, 10:18 AM
sorry buddy!!!
Your not invited :crossx: :p !!!
imagine that :crossx:

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 10:20 AM
imagine that :crossx:
Yeah I talked to all my neighbors and none of them want to be poked in the chest by a drunk angry Italian guy wearing a leather T bird Jacket!! :p :crossx: :cry: :rollside:

76ANTHONY
10-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah I talked to all my neighbors and none of them want to be poked in the chest by a drunk angry Italian guy wearing a leather T bird Jacket!! :p :crossx: :cry: :rollside:
i never poked him, well that i remember anyway and you live next to a cop, so im outtttttt :crossx: and for your information, jen started it :p :)

Cole Trickle
10-13-2006, 10:26 AM
i never poked him, well that i remember anyway and you live next to a cop, so im outtttttt :crossx: and for your information, jen started it :p :)
I live next to 2 cops;) and a CHP 5 houses down :crossx:
Jen is always causing trouble!! :p

76ANTHONY
10-13-2006, 10:28 AM
I live next to 2 cops;) and a CHP 5 houses down :crossx:
Jen is always causing trouble!! :p
yeah she is, look at her in your avatar all innocent, pshhhhaaaaaa :crossx:

Hardly Satisfied
10-13-2006, 10:28 AM
did you think about building it on your own

Hardly Satisfied
10-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Depends what your looking for.
If your looking for a huge island or two piece island with a 3 pole 14' Palapa your gonna struggle to get anywhere near 10K.
If you look at Insmans post I bet he has 15-20K into that Island/Palapa set up.
I just had a 8'x8' L shaped island made by "Signature Backyards" off the 91.
I wen't with Slate on top and for the Toe Kick and stucco everywhere else.I wen't with the 38" Grill and 2 Fridges.They had been pretty slow and they were also having a LA Fair sale so they threw in the toe kick,under counter lights,Cut out for Palapa,upgraded grill some extra outlets and delivery for free.
I ended up paying right at $6300 (After tax) and will have another $750.00 into it for a 9' Palapa.Based on the shopping I have done I am getting a ton for my money.Most places wanted 10K for what I got.
Here is there site.(I dealt with Bobby and don't really like the owner)
http://www.signaturebackyards.com
This is similar except the color and slate.
http://www.signaturebackyards.com/images/counter6.jpg
They are delivering it on Tuesday and I can snap some pictures at that time if your intrested.
that's a great price looks nice