PDA

View Full Version : Hard to understand-Terrel Owens

Not So Fast
10-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Having been around youth sports quite a lot (three boys) some years ago I have a lot of trouble understanding the mind set of T.O., here is a guy with so much talent but can not just get along. Yes the latest blowup is arguing with his receivers coach which I guess happens all the time in the NFL, but now Parcells has said he will not talk about it to the press any more but did say he is tired of it. It has become a pattern for T.O. now. Why he can't just figure out that people are tired of his crap is beyond me, just play the game and use your talents that most every other player only wishes he had. This guy if he applied himself could be one of the top players at his position to ever play the game but he continues to shoot himself in the foot with his demeanor and bitching. All I know is from what I've seen of Bill Parcels, he wont tolerate it much longer and T.O. will again be an outcast. I'm tired of him making all the news-reels and not doing squat while other players who are good for the game dont recieve half the press. I say good riddance. He should enlist in the Army and be sent to Iraq. JMO,, NSF

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 12:29 PM
what is really funny his he has done it everywhere he has played why would it be any different in dallas.he has already disruted the team and it will only get worse.sad thing is teams are hurting so bad for talent they will pay and listen to his dumb ass.

phebus
10-13-2006, 12:31 PM
The guy is a cancer.............

YeLLowBoaT
10-13-2006, 12:35 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but if I was getting paid what he is, I would do what ever the coach asks me to.

Warlockjer
10-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Send him to Iraq??? I wouldnt want that Assho%^ defending anything!!!

oldbuck40
10-13-2006, 01:18 PM
well you know why T O is crying and shit! i guess he forgot the part about when Parcels said to him,,,BOY you dont practice you dont play! and i guess he meant it! lol he wants all the glory but doesnt want to pay for it!,,,
He's gonna have to catch up with the rest of the group b/4 they start throwing him the ball more!

Hardly Satisfied
10-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Having been around youth sports quite a lot (three boys) some years ago I have a lot of trouble understanding the mind set of T.O., here is a guy with so much talent but can not just get along. Yes the latest blowup is arguing with his receivers coach which I guess happens all the time in the NFL, but now Parcells has said he will not talk about it to the press any more but did say he is tired of it. It has become a pattern for T.O. now. Why he can't just figure out that people are tired of his crap is beyond me, just play the game and use your talents that most every other player only wishes he had. This guy if he applied himself could be one of the top players at his position to ever play the game but he continues to shoot himself in the foot with his demeanor and bitching. All I know is from what I've seen of Bill Parcels, he wont tolerate it much longer and T.O. will again be an outcast. I'm tired of him making all the news-reels and not doing squat while other players who are good for the game dont recieve half the press. I say good riddance. He should enlist in the Army and be sent to Iraq. JMO,, NSF
I love it , I can't wait for another blow up COWBOYS SUCK

Red Horse
10-13-2006, 01:37 PM
I am a Cowboys fan and I about cried when I heard that we were picking him up. It is players like that that disrute a team. either the rest of the team is going to become stronger and all hate him, or they are going to become less of a team because he is not a team player. Oh whats his face (name escapes me) from Arkansas has a habit of doing things like that. Just look at Dieon Sanders.
TO wouldnt last in the military. I know, I am in the military for 17 years now and you have to be able to follow direction. :cool:

Throttle
10-13-2006, 01:50 PM
I carried TO for several seasons on my fantasy football team, then like his own team he lets me down, again and again...
TO = me, me, me... no "I" in team. he should come on here sometimes, cuz he is the top of drama...

martan
10-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Can't blame TO for being TO .... but why do people keep giving him millions of dollars to keep doing the same things?
www.bowkersfiberglass.com

RitcheyRch
10-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Figure is only a matter of time before Dallas dumps his a$$. Pretty soon he will have no where to go.

Fire Angler
10-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Figure is only a matter of time before Dallas dumps his a$$. Pretty soon he will have no where to go.
Wrong! The Raiders will take another loser. :rolleyes:

RitcheyRch
10-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Too easy to forget about the Raiders. You are right, they would take him.
Wrong! The Raiders will take another loser. :rolleyes:

Ziggy
10-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Yup, same ol' T.O., different colored threads this year......and once Parcells ousts his ass you can bet he'll be blackballed bigtime.
He's kinda like ________(name escapes me right now) that the Chargers got from the Cards and subsequently traded to Miami...........built like a iron horse, talented but lacked the right attitude.

wsuwrhr
10-13-2006, 04:26 PM
I am not the sports guy by any means,
but isn't this what happened to Dennis Rodman.
Guy just started going off the deep end
Brian

Not So Fast
10-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Yup, same ol' T.O., different colored threads this year......and once Parcells ousts his ass you can bet he'll be blackballed bigtime.
He's kinda like ________(name escapes me right now) that the Chargers got from the Cards and subsequently traded to Miami...........built like a iron horse, talented but lacked the right attitude.
David Boston would be the guy, but he was more into weight lifting than football. In my opinion, not even close to TO as far being mentally disturbed though, and I think that is TO's problem, mentally unstable or multiple personality disorder!! NSF

scooooter7
10-13-2006, 05:34 PM
TO doesn't run his routes hard...he just cruises till he is ready to make a "big" play. That doesn't work with Dallas.

Richie Rich
10-13-2006, 05:43 PM
TO doesn't run his routes hard...he just cruises till he is ready to make a "big" play. That doesn't work with Dallas.
There's probably some truth to that statement although playing in a ball control offense that the "Tuna" likes to run probably doesn't help. T.O. joining the Cowboys has Jerry Jones written all over it. I think the guy is a cancer as well but you really can't blame him for crying about his lack of productivity. Meanwhile if I'm not mistaken Terry Glen is on his way to one of his best seasons in years. So that has to be eating him up inside. I give TO another 2 weeks before he explodes himself and that team and I'm a Redskins fan so about the only thing I have to look forward to is the demise of Dallas.... :crossx: :crossx:

Fire Angler
10-13-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm a Redskins fan so about the only thing I have to look forward to is the demise of Dallas.... :crossx: :crossx:
Count your blessings, you could be Raiders Fan (like me), with the possibility of that Cancer ending up in Oakland in the near future.

Daytona100
10-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Jerry Rice great receiver and never heard a bad thing about him. And he lasted 20 years!!!!! TO has alot of learning and some very high reception numbers to catch before hes any kind of legend!! Right now he,s only a legend in his own mind lets see how long he lasts.

BadKachina
10-13-2006, 06:48 PM
He's a waste of talent, probably one of the best position players ever to play the game. Sad thing is he will never be recognized for that.
"I just love me some me" Terrell Owens......... :rolleyes:

Hardly Satisfied
10-13-2006, 09:36 PM
I am a Cowboys fan and I about cried when I heard that we were picking him up. It is players like that that disrute a team. either the rest of the team is going to become stronger and all hate him, or they are going to become less of a team because he is not a team player. Oh whats his face (name escapes me) from Arkansas has a habit of doing things like that. Just look at Dieon Sanders.
TO wouldnt last in the military. I know, I am in the military for 17 years now and you have to be able to follow direction. :cool:
come on now you cowboys fans were all happy

Hardly Satisfied
10-13-2006, 09:37 PM
can't wait for the big blowout in dallas

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Having been around youth sports quite a lot (three boys) some years ago I have a lot of trouble understanding the mind set of T.O., here is a guy with so much talent but can not just get along....NSF
You can't understand it because you are looking at it through rational eyes....
Shame on you......
Similar to having a "rational" conversation with an "irrational" person.....
It NEVER works........Why waste your time.....
BTW.....T.O. is a piece of shiat......Just like Latrell Sprewell.....
Later,
CJG
:)

Old Texan
10-14-2006, 04:34 AM
The reason TO wouldn't go to Baltimore was he knew Ray Lewis would kick his loud mouth asse if he didn't keep in line. TO would have never made it on the old Cowboys teams for the same reason, strong team leaders don't allow it to happen.
A large problem with the high dollar world of sports today is the prima donnas big contracts give them some clout. I'd like to stick TO in a time machine and send him back to the 60's and play for Lombardi or Halas for a year.
For now TO's just another act in the "Jerry Jones Circus". Jerry can't figure out he needs to take the TO money and buy a QB.

JetBoatRich
10-14-2006, 05:05 AM
TO is nut case :yuk: guy has it all when it comes to talent, but let it go to his head and it is all about him :yuk:

shueman
10-14-2006, 05:22 AM
...For now TO's just another act in the "Jerry Jones Circus". Jerry can't figure out he needs to take the TO money and buy a QB.
Jerry knows what he's doing.....selling tickets..... :crossx:

Desert Rat
10-14-2006, 06:39 AM
I work with a azzhole that has a personnality just like T.O. He makes everywhere management puts him a miseral place to work! Higher ups won't fire the dickhead for some reason either!!! :mad: I filed a hostile work enviornment claim to get the fu(ktard off my crew!!! Somebody was quoted as saying T.O. is a cancer.... You got that right

framer1
10-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Jerry knows what he's doing.....selling tickets..... :crossx:
They sold out every game before that loser got there :yuk: I wouldn't even put T.O. in my top five reciever in the league. Right off the top of my head I put Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, Roy Williams, Hines ward and Terry Glen ahead of T.O. I'm sure everybody could think of five more :argue:

Richie Rich
10-14-2006, 07:15 AM
The reason TO wouldn't go to Baltimore was he knew Ray Lewis would kick his loud mouth asse if he didn't keep in line. TO would have never made it on the old Cowboys teams for the same reason, strong team leaders don't allow it to happen.
I think the reason T.O. didn't want to go to Baltimore is because of the same reason he left San fran. and is stirring up shit in Dallas. Baltimore had no stability at QB while Philly was on the verge of breaking through.... Going to the Superbowl. T.O. wanted to WIN NOW...
IMHO Ray Lewis doesn't have too much room to throw stones at anyone. If I recall correctly he was "Mr. Grumpy Pants" not too many seasons ago AND he hasn't exactly been the poster boy for everything right in the NFL either. I guess living in the area with access to more media coverage and working and living among a huge group of rabid Ravens fans I hear and see stuff about Ray Lewis the rest of the national doesn't get.
All that said, being a native of Washington DC and always supporting the home teams, I haven't exactly been partying my arse off at my teams successes either....

Old Texan
10-14-2006, 04:52 PM
IMHO Ray Lewis doesn't have too much room to throw stones at anyone. If I recall correctly he was "Mr. Grumpy Pants" not too many seasons ago AND he hasn't exactly been the poster boy for everything right in the NFL either
I lived in Atlanta for 7 years, Ray left an "impression" on the Buckhead nitelife scene.....
Ray's a ganster no doubt, but he wouldn't allow TO distractions in the clubhouse.
I also wouldn't sell the Ravens short this season, McNair is a winner.