PDA

View Full Version : Job for an 18 year old

That Guy
10-13-2006, 01:36 PM
My 18 year old son is looking for a new job. He attends college primarily in the morning but also has one class on T/Th afternoon. He is currently working at Pier I Imports and has a pretty flexible schedule but some days the hours start at 5:30am and leave him pretty wiped for school.
I know this is a pretty resourceful group and I thought that maybe one of you have you might have the need for a hard working part-time employee. If you want to pm me or just post a response here, I would appreciate it.
Thanks..... :rollside:

fatboy95
10-13-2006, 02:17 PM
My 18 year old son is looking for a new job. He attends college primarily in the morning but also has one class on T/Th afternoon. He is currently working at Pier I Imports and has a pretty flexible schedule but some days the hours start at 5:30am and leave him pretty wiped for school.
I know this is a pretty resourceful group and I thought that maybe one of you have you might have the need for a hard working part-time employee. If you want to pm me or just post a response here, I would appreciate it.
Thanks..... :rollside:
I could employ the model in your avatar right away

Boatandrvloanguy
10-13-2006, 02:19 PM
I second that....sorry but this is ***boats..
Good luck on the job search.
BLG

Zaairman
10-13-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm 18 and in college too, and I bus tables at a pretty pricey seafood restaurant, and regularly make $15- $20 an hour with tips. It's easy work but you've gotta be fast to make money, I worked 5 - 6 hours a night. I still work when I go home on weekends.

That Guy
10-13-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm 18 and in college too, and I bus tables at a pretty pricey seafood restaurant, and regularly make $15- $20 an hour with tips. It's easy work but you've gotta be fast to make money, I worked 5 - 6 hours a night. I still work when I go home on weekends.
Where do you work?

That Guy
10-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Give her a call and tell her I sent you.....www.jennalive.com :crossx:

h2oski2fast
10-13-2006, 02:46 PM
A lurker on the board wanted me to post this.
Call:
Rob Ettinger
California Cushion & Carpet
714-633-7440
He has a carpet showroom in Orange and is looking for someone, give him a call.

Mandelon
10-13-2006, 02:52 PM
The son's on his own. I have a job for your wife. :crossx:

That Guy
10-13-2006, 02:59 PM
The son's on his own. I have a job for your wife. :crossx:
Always the giver... :crossx: now get out of my bushes... :p :crossx:

boatnam2
10-13-2006, 03:38 PM
it is funny our 18yr old has been looking for a job for a month since he moved in with us,say he cant find anything.i cruise over to the area by us with all the wharehouses and walk into 5 places and all are hiring 10 to 12 hour.needless to say he is working now!

fatboy95
10-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Give her a call and tell her I sent you.....www.jennalive.com :crossx:
Thanks, She is coming over tomorrow to clean my house.

ROZ
10-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Have him go to your local pool supply whss(like Superior pool products or PEP.). A lot of guys post help wanted pool servicer positions and small pool routes for sale on the bulliten board.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Senate Majority Leader Derek Schmidt - Page Program...... :idea:
WHAT IS A PAGE?
The Kansas Senate operates a program that allows a limited number of young people to come to Topeka for one day when the Senate is in session (January through April 2007) to serve as Senate pages. Pages run errands, deliver mail and messages, and complete other tasks that help the legislature to complete its day-to-day operation. Senate pages ordinarily have the opportunity to sit in the Senate during the daily session, to meet the governor, to visit with their sponsoring Senator, and to see up close how state government really works.
WHO CAN BE A PAGE?
Senate pages must be at least 12 years of age and should not have graduated from high school. Senate pages must be sponsored by a Senator. Each year, Senator Derek Schmidt is allowed a limited number of pages. He always selects young people who reside in the 15th Senate District. Senator Schmidt's district includes 20 public school districts as well as several private schools and numerous families who home school their children. Senator Schmidt always works to ensure a geographical balance in his selection of pages so that young people from throughout his Senate district and from all walks of life have an opportunity to serve as Senate pages. If there are more applicants than positions available, preference will be given to older applicants who are close to graduation from high school and younger applicants will be encouraged to re-apply during a later year.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Senator Schmidt chooses his pages from applications submitted by interested young people. Applications are available now for the 2007 legislative session and must be submitted not later than December 31, 2006. Applicants will be notified in January whether they have been selected to page during that year's legislative session.
There are three ways to obtain an application:
Click 2007 Senate Page Application and apply online (preferred method);
Call or write to Senator Schmidt and request that an application be sent to you by U.S. mail (See Contact Derek for addresses and telephone numbers); or
Wait until fall and ask your public school district's superintendent for a copy. Early each fall, Senator Schmidt sends application forms to every public school superintendent in his Senate district and requests those applications be made available to interested young people.
If you are a young person at least age 12, are interested in government, and live in the 15th Senate District, you should consider applying to serve as a page for Senator Derek Schmidt!
Problem solved.....
Don't mention it......
Later,
CJG
:p

chub
10-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Try the Metropoliten Water District. MWD is taking apps for apprentices right now. They are looking for mechanical and electrical help. The MWD site has all the info. This could be a very good carrier for the right person.
Good luck Steve,

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Chub....
Do you work for the MWD ??
I have been doing quite a bit of contract work for them lately......
CJG

chub
10-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Chub....
Do you work for the MWD ??
I have been doing quite a bit of contract work for them lately......
CJG
Negative, I'm always looking at them and the Beaureu of Reclamation though. I wanna work at a dam some day.
If you got any hook ups let me know.

shueman
10-14-2006, 05:28 AM
Starbucks is always hiring.... :crossx:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-14-2006, 05:40 AM
Hmmmm....
That's a thought.....I think I'll go get a coffee right now.....
Later,
CJG
:idea:

Zaairman
10-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Where do you work?
At a seafood restaurant called Bristol's. Also known as Devon's and Braxton's in other parts of the country. Owned by the Houlihan's Corp.